OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Welcome to Harmont

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Welcome to Harmont Empty Welcome to Harmont Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:53 pm

Sarahdactyl

Sarahdactyl
All of the dolls depicted here are just for display purposes, please do not judge their little characters on what you see here. 😊😇

More shots of the older fella down on his luck.
Welcome to Harmont 5b886033531d3aff74052e3735bff232

I imagine these at night.
Welcome to Harmont 33f9ef29619ea199cc1a16f3c9943fa6

By the next day the street is busy again.
Welcome to Harmont 058e142376e1792f91eeb00105160496

Hustle and bustle, kind of.
Welcome to Harmont 072ef1257eecbca90422a187a0a6bb66

Don't bring a gun to a fist fight.
Welcome to Harmont Def93015626173f661df9ce1219c8fcf

Uhoh.
Welcome to Harmont Ea77021348c1039f122de393b4031b5c

Hit him with your best shot.

Welcome to Harmont 967870bc011df3a59c0af168f2718fb0

Night time again.
Welcome to Harmont 8e37de171bb160cb92dd88320b073b2e

Trouble is lurking.
Welcome to Harmont 6f80e3879287102e641c9e778500b9f5

It's getting closer, until a god boy emerges!🐕
Welcome to Harmont 79bb3ddd1251829b84b10b7beaeac3ff

Finally, because I've watched 'Welcome to Raccoon City" twice in less than a week.

Welcome to Harmont Fea06415fc52470887c59f127cc5c5d7

The morning after.

Welcome to Harmont 0c88b544d9dbb30a20e219c1cce62d49

Ikea? Pixar? You decide.

Welcome to Harmont 8572dc0b93a41b4ccd2f77ba1add74a9

Pavel soup, will he get lucky and find the money on the street?

Welcome to Harmont 205c419d2d81214f3ca2a234ddb6cd7f

Mini Me being sexy. Fun fact whenever real me poses like this on a strangers car, I usually have a shotgun with me for self defense. Kidding of course.

Welcome to Harmont D82b598780ab18320eee8a4c9e37f196

I hear zombies.

Welcome to Harmont C1c7b547dee74775b2873af5e2beaae8

2Welcome to Harmont Empty Re: Welcome to Harmont Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:22 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Back to Harmont, great to see. The pic were MJ is pressing the guy to the floor while raising his fist looks impressive.

An they have zombies now? Maybe it was just a dream.

3Welcome to Harmont Empty Re: Welcome to Harmont Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:43 pm

Sarahdactyl

Sarahdactyl
Ovy wrote:Back to Harmont, great to see. The pic were MJ is pressing the guy to the floor while raising his fist looks impressive.

An they have zombies now? Maybe it was just a dream.

Oh is that Michael Jordan? 🤣 I am slowly developing my character for him. I'm thinking he might be a veteran.

You see, my vision for Harmont, is that it's this Raccoon City esque place. It is in the pacific northwest, kind of a bit like Portland interms of climate and vibe, less drug issues.

It's a small city, it has a police department, Harmont PD. But there is a small group of Sheriff's with their own office in the PD. They used to be the only police, until like, 1975, when it became a city and the HPD was formed.
I figure the sheriff's deal with government buildings and the surrounding rural areas, where as the HPD is in the urban areas. I'm not sure if this is how policing works in the US, but I like it.

I imagine the town became a city after discovering a gold mine in the early 70's, so it's prosperous. Lots of folks in tech jobs moved there. But there's also guys who aren't always on the legitimate side of things.

The Owl and Adder pub will be THE spot.. if I can get the bar finished. But basically Liam bought it, vowing to make it the most British pub in Harmont, and it was dead. His son Lewis took over and made it more modern and hip. I'm hoping to fill it with all kinds of relics so it's like a blend of traditional English pub, (I might even make a little beer garden outside), mixed with a kind of Americana inspired hipster bar. I've got a whole history for Owl and Adder..

Then there is going to be the shop pictured here. It's just boarded up for the purpose of this shoot.

Then there is a Cafe I am hoping to work on.. lots happening.
But I need to learn how to make more collapsible dioramas. Because I cannot turn my parents basement into a miniature city unfortunately. 😔

4Welcome to Harmont Empty Re: Welcome to Harmont Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:07 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Excellent sequence of street scenes. Both the characters and the diorama elements look so good. You managed to capture so much in every shot -- some of them beautiful in atmospheric realism, others bustling with action.

5Welcome to Harmont Empty Re: Welcome to Harmont Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:15 pm

Sarahdactyl

Sarahdactyl
GubernatorFan wrote:Excellent sequence of street scenes. Both the characters and the diorama elements look so good. You managed to capture so much in every shot -- some of them beautiful in atmospheric realism, others bustling with action.

Thanks GubernatorFan, I appreciate the kind words. Hopefully more to come soon!

6Welcome to Harmont Empty Re: Welcome to Harmont Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:57 pm

Allotropos

Allotropos
Great work on the diorama - textures of street, curb and wall are excellent.
So much to take in with the added activity on the street with the lighting and camera angles !

7Welcome to Harmont Empty Re: Welcome to Harmont Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:06 pm

Sarahdactyl

Sarahdactyl
Allotropos wrote:Great work on the diorama - textures of street, curb and wall are excellent.
So much to take in with the added activity on the street with the lighting and camera angles !

Thank you Allotropos! What I found with my first street diorama. I didn't have enough litter. I think as I progress, part of my plan is having a small zip lock with litter, leaves, wrappers, news paper, and cigarette butts. Haha.

8Welcome to Harmont Empty Re: Welcome to Harmont Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:58 pm

Allotropos

Allotropos
Sarahdactyl wrote:
Allotropos wrote:Great work on the diorama - textures of street, curb and wall are excellent.

Thank you Allotropos! What I found with my first street diorama. I didn't have enough litter. I think as I progress, part of my plan is having a small zip lock with litter, leaves, wrappers, news paper, and cigarette butts. Haha.

LOL I just thought Harmont has a really good city council keeping the streets clean !
Glad it's a work in progress and looking forward to seeing what goodness you'll ad to Harmont.

9Welcome to Harmont Empty Re: Welcome to Harmont Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:16 pm

Sarahdactyl

Sarahdactyl
Allotropos wrote:
Sarahdactyl wrote:

LOL I just thought Harmont has a really good city council keeping the streets clean !
Glad it's a work in progress and looking forward to seeing what goodness you'll ad to Harmont.

I should also mentioned I shamelessly borrowed the name Harmont from the novel Roadside Picnic. 🤫

10Welcome to Harmont Empty Re: Welcome to Harmont Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:45 am

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Whoa, this is some phenomenal work all-around! The detail and textures of that diorama is superb, it seems just as fleshed out as your backstory for the town. All of the characters look so real and believable, fantastic job outfitting and posing all of them, especially the homeless man. Those scattered leaves really sells the whole scene, along with all the other subtle grit and wear on the environment. Can't wait to see more of Harmont, looks like a very bustling and eventful place for sure, as well as....ZOMBIES! Yay!

11Welcome to Harmont Empty Re: Welcome to Harmont Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:18 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Brilliant work Sarah! I love these street scenes. I do worry for the homeless guy though! Mini-me Sarah looks amazing too, and ready for anything that comes her way! The lighting on the resident evil shot is perfect. I hope we get to see more of the goings on from these streets!

12Welcome to Harmont Empty Re: Welcome to Harmont Wed Jun 21, 2023 1:00 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Very cool diorama and characters. Hopefully the old guy made it out before the zombie got to him (and took the dog).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Welcome to Harmont 1f10

13Welcome to Harmont Empty Re: Welcome to Harmont Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:17 pm

Illusion

Illusion
very cool diorama and shots!
always impressive to see a multitude of characters interacting in a scene - and a set-up large enough to accomodate them.
truly catching and immersive.

esp. liked the Pixar vs IKEA. LOL.

14Welcome to Harmont Empty Re: Welcome to Harmont Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:31 pm

Sarahdactyl

Sarahdactyl
AlKelAstra91 wrote:Whoa, this is some phenomenal work all-around! The detail and textures of that diorama is superb, it seems just as fleshed out as your backstory for the town. All of the characters look so real and believable, fantastic job outfitting and posing all of them, especially the homeless man. Those scattered leaves really sells the whole scene, along with all the other subtle grit and wear on the environment. Can't wait to see more of Harmont, looks like a very bustling and eventful place for sure, as well as....ZOMBIES! Yay!

Thank you so much! I definitely have put a fair bit of thought into what I want harmont to be. In the novel Roadside Picnic, Harmont was the name of the fictional country, based on Canada.
As for the grit and grime I figured I will have a zip lock with tiny cigarette butts, leaves and litter.

BAMComix wrote:Brilliant work Sarah! I love these street scenes. I do worry for the homeless guy though! Mini-me Sarah looks amazing too, and ready for anything that comes her way! The lighting on the resident evil shot is perfect. I hope we get to see more of the goings on from these streets!

Thanks Dal! I hope he was so asleep the zombie passed him by. As for mini me, you know, I think a shot gun goes nicely with white Doctor Martens! I will save a desert eagle for the pink ones.😂

Stryker2012 wrote:Very cool diorama and characters. Hopefully the old guy made it out before the zombie got to him (and took the dog).

Thanks Stryker! Thats the thing, I don't even know who's dog it is. 🐕

Illusion wrote:very cool diorama and shots!
always impressive to see a multitude of characters interacting in a scene - and a set-up large enough to accomodate them.
truly catching and immersive.

esp. liked the Pixar vs IKEA. LOL.

Thank you Illusion! I'm hoping to start turning the space into what it is intended to be. I have to start work on the interior.

15Welcome to Harmont Empty Re: Welcome to Harmont Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:02 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Impressive work on the diorama and the details, really great poses too. I got worried about the homeless guy for a second at least that good boy was around, zombies don't trust dogs, this is science. 🤓

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Welcome to Harmont 1f60e

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum