OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH™ ANAKIN SKYWALKER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

OSFModerator1

OSFModerator1
Discovered as a slave on Tatooine™ by Qui-Gon Jinn™ and Obi-Wan Kenobi™, Anakin Skywalker had the potential to become one of the most powerful Jedi ever. Some even believed he was the prophesied Chosen One who would bring balance to the Force. A hero of the Clone Wars™, Anakin was caring and compassionate, but suffered from a deep fear of loss that would prove to be his downfall.

Today Hot Toys is excited to officially introduce the new 1/6th scale Anakin Skywalker collectible figure to Hot Toys’ brand new DX Artisan Edition series!

As part of this new series, the Anakin Skywalker 1/6th scale collectible figure is expertly created with phenomenal standards! Foremost Hot Toys has expanded its leading-edge expertise, introducing a superior level of craftsman work goes into the wool hair implants, that meticulously recreates the feel and aesthetics of Anakin’s hairstyle as seen in Star War Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. This new masterpiece also features an all-new head sculpt with magnificent likeness and separate rolling eyeballs to adjust the eyesight for a large variety of poses.

Furthermore, the collectible figure includes expertly tailored Jedi robe and tunic, an interchangeable mechno right arm, a LED light-up lightsaber powered by USB, Count Dooku’s lightsaber, interchangeable lightsaber blades emulating the weapon in motion, and a specially designed circular display base!

This absolutely stunning Anakin Skywalker collectible figure from DX Series Artisan Edition is an exclusive item with only 3,000 pieces available worldwide! Please stay tuned with your local official Hot Toys distributor for preorder information.
SPECIFICATIONS
PRODUCT CODEDX34AE
PRODUCT NAMEANAKIN SKYWALKER™
HEIGHTAPPROXIMATELY 31 CM TALL
POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS30
SPECIAL FEATURESAUTHENTIC AND DETAILED LIKENESS OF HAYDEN CHRISTENSEN AS ANAKIN SKYWALKER IN STAR WARS: EPISODE III REVENGE OF THE SITH
PRODUCT RELEASE DATEAPPROXIMATELY Q3 – Q4, 2024
ARTISTSHEAD SCULPTED BY KANG TAEHO
HEAD PAINTED BY JC. HONG
HEAD ART DIRECTED BY JC. HONG
The 1/6th scale Anakin Skywalker Collectible Figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Hayden Christensen as Anakin Skywalker in Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- One (1) newly developed head sculpt with separate rolling eyeball system
- Mid-length dark brown hair implantation (wool material)
- Movie-accurate face scar, detailed skin texture and facial expression
- Body with over 30 points of articulations
- Approximately 31 cm tall
- One (1) interchangeable mechno right arm
- Nine (9) pieces of interchangeable hands including (bare left hands and gloved right hands):
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of lightsabers holding hands
- One (1) pair of the Force-using hands
- One (1) pair of relaxed hand
- One (1) opened left hand
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted
- Available in the limited quantity of 3,000 units in selected markets

Costume :
- One (1) brown-colored Jedi robe (with bendable wire)
- One (1) dark brown-colored leather-like textured tunic with stole
- One (1) brown-colored under-tunic
- One (1) dark brown-colored leather-like textured belt with utility pouches
- One (1) pair of brown-colored pants
- One (1) pair of dark brown-colored leather-like textured boots

Weapons:
- One (1) LED-lighted red lightsaber (blue light, battery operated)
- One (1) blue lightsaber blade in motion (attachable to the hilt)
- One (1) Anakin Skywalker’s lightsaber hilt
- One (1) Court Dooku’s red lightsaber
- One (1) red lightsaber blade in motion (attachable to the hilt)

Accessory:
- Specially designed themed figure base with Star Wars logo and character name

Release date: Approximately Q3 – Q4, 2024

*Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Light up function operated using USB power
***USB connecting cable is not included for collectible, USB-C cable is required
****Product details are subject to change without further notice

© & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.
© 2023 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

300 - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH™ ANAKIN SKYWALKER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 172
300 - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH™ ANAKIN SKYWALKER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 272
300 - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH™ ANAKIN SKYWALKER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 373
300 - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH™ ANAKIN SKYWALKER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 473
300 - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH™ ANAKIN SKYWALKER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 571
300 - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH™ ANAKIN SKYWALKER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 672
300 - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH™ ANAKIN SKYWALKER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 769
300 - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH™ ANAKIN SKYWALKER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 868
300 - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH™ ANAKIN SKYWALKER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 965
300 - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH™ ANAKIN SKYWALKER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1063
300 - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH™ ANAKIN SKYWALKER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1161
300 - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH™ ANAKIN SKYWALKER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1261
300 - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH™ ANAKIN SKYWALKER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1360
300 - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH™ ANAKIN SKYWALKER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1454
300 - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH™ ANAKIN SKYWALKER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1555
300 - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH™ ANAKIN SKYWALKER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1650
300 - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH™ ANAKIN SKYWALKER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1743
300 - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH™ ANAKIN SKYWALKER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1839
300 - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH™ ANAKIN SKYWALKER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1937

#newproduct #HotToys #StarWars #RevengeoftheSith #AnakinSkywalker #male #movie #Sci-Fi

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
looks phenomenal!! I bet the price tag will be too!

https://www.hellblazerbiz.com

Ovy

Ovy
Prettiest Hot Toys hair by far

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Well, obviously I must have him. Finally an Anakin with an accurate headsculpt. Hope I can PO him quickly enough....

ETA: I just checked Sideshow website and couldn't see it.... is this up for Pre-Order yet??? If so, where???

ETA again: Sounds like there will be some kind of queuing system? Just great. Rolling Eyes I will probably miss out. pale

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Valiarde

Valiarde
InArt level from HotToys. This looks excellent. But limited to 3000 could be a bummer for the many SW fans out there.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Valiarde wrote:InArt level from HotToys. This looks excellent. But limited to 3000 could be a bummer for the many SW fans out there.

Yeah, that's what I'm fearing... pale

Diana

Diana
Holy cow this looks amazing!! Even though I don't want dark side vibes on my shelf this is really just too stunning too pass up. (And if finances don't look so good by the time he comes around I'm sure I can sell him again.)

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Diana wrote:Holy cow this looks amazing!! Even though I don't want dark side vibes on my shelf this is really just too stunning too pass up. (And if finances don't look so good by the time he comes around I'm sure I can sell him again.)

Anakin isn't 'dark side' vibes to me. He would be if he had the Sith eyes, but otherwise to my eyes and heart he's just Ani. I love you

Don't mean to sound like I'm splitting hairs, but I wouldn't have an entire collection based around this character if I just thought of him as pure evil. I'm like Padme and Luke in that I focus on Anakin's good side, and I believe in his goodness triumphing over said dark side. My collection celebrates Anakin as his True Self, and I do have Vader figures but I prefer them to be from moments where he has brushes with his past or in the lead up to his eventual redemption.

My approach is probably very different from typical SW fans though... ;p

Diana

Diana
skywalkersaga wrote:
Diana wrote:Holy cow this looks amazing!! Even though I don't want dark side vibes on my shelf this is really just too stunning too pass up. (And if finances don't look so good by the time he comes around I'm sure I can sell him again.)

Anakin isn't 'dark side' vibes to me. He would be if he had the Sith eyes, but otherwise to my eyes and heart he's just Ani. I love you

Don't mean to sound like I'm splitting hairs, but I wouldn't have an entire collection based around this character if I just thought of him as pure evil. I'm like Padme and Luke in that I focus on Anakin's good side, and I believe in his goodness triumphing over said dark side. My collection celebrates Anakin as his True Self, and I do have Vader figures but I prefer them to be from moments where he has brushes with his past or in the lead up to his eventual redemption.

I absolutely get that. But if I were to look at this figure it would be like "I know where you're headed. I know what choices you'll make..."
I might have just talked myself out of this figure. Laughing
I'll let it depend on the price tag. Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Diana wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:

I absolutely get that. But if I were to look at this figure it would be like "I know where you're headed. I know what choices you'll make..."
I might have just talked myself out of this figure. Laughing
I'll let it depend on the price tag. Smile

To each their own. 300 - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH™ ANAKIN SKYWALKER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1f601

It might be very difficult to acquire this figure in the first place. Stryker said that the Deluxe rooted hair version of Wonder Woman sold out within minutes....

Ovy

Ovy
I wonder how they manage the real hair stuff in such quantities, maybe it's becoming a growing crafting trade. Maybe some workers find, cut and prepare fitting Chinese lamb strands, and then others glue them on.
Or maybe it's just one person who does all of it for the 3000 figures.
Maybe Hot Toys contracted some of the people who replaced the People's plastic hair HT headsculpts with lamb hair and sold them for great profit.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
It's a good question -- I really don't know how they are approaching these. But the rooted hair is certainly something that requires skill and experience either way.

Honestly, I would be happy just to have the headsculpt from this figure. Wouldn't even need to be a haired version (I'd be willing to try to hair it myself). I just want this new sculpt because it is MUCH better than the previous one.

I wonder if they will ever do a sculpted-hair version with this new sculpt, maybe with slightly more available pieces. Because I'm scared I will miss out on this, which will be devastating as it's the best Anakin sculpt I've ever seen! 300 - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH™ ANAKIN SKYWALKER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1f62d

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
You guys are right, probably the best Anakin so far. The "real" hair is very impressive, and at that length it will be no small feat to get right (and to keep right). And I like the new approach with the lightsabers.

Zurdoz

Zurdoz
This looks phenomenal! Probably one of their most realistic looking pieces ever! A big bummer it’s going to be in limited quantities. It’d be great if they offered a regular release, or a make to order time window, but alas..

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Zurdoz wrote:This looks phenomenal! Probably one of their most realistic looking pieces ever! A big bummer it’s going to be in limited quantities. It’d be great if they offered a regular release, or a make to order time window, but alas..

It would be a huge travesty if they never make use of this particular sculpt again. You would think that Hot Toys who likes to re-use sculpts would at least consider a regular (sculpted hair) version at some point...

Valiarde

Valiarde
Some pics from the exhibition

300 - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH™ ANAKIN SKYWALKER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 36341110

300 - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH™ ANAKIN SKYWALKER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 36374710

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I realize it's probably still the same prototype but it just looks so good.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
skywalkersaga wrote:
Zurdoz wrote:This looks phenomenal! Probably one of their most realistic looking pieces ever! A big bummer it’s going to be in limited quantities. It’d be great if they offered a regular release, or a make to order time window, but alas..

It would be a huge travesty if they never make use of this particular sculpt again. You would think that Hot Toys who likes to re-use sculpts would at least consider a regular (sculpted hair) version at some point...

"Highly limited" is a feature, not a bug.  It seems highly unlikely to me that they would ever re-use the headsculpt for anything except maybe a similar level DX Artisan 2.0 at the same price and degree of complexity.  This wouldn't be some straightforward transaction like eg releasing a regular figure two pack and then reusing the sculpt for a solo version.  Big fuss is being made (somewhat deservedly) for "DX Artisan" as the new Hot Toys flagship premium level, the new standard by which all others are measured - limited availability built in as part of the cachet.  Wouldn't make any sense to confuse it by releasing subsequent "Gold, silver and bronze" downgraded versions, or to reuse some of the components.  Sales of a few more regular figs wouldn't be anywhere worth the depreciation or diluting of the DX Artisan brand.  So if you like it and you can afford this I wouldn't hold out for some future variation.  For all the same reasons this will be the immediate target of unauthorized Recasts but that's a different conversation.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:

"Highly limited" is a feature, not a bug.  It seems highly unlikely to me that they would ever re-use the headsculpt for anything except maybe a similar level DX Artisan 2.0 at the same price and degree of complexity.  This wouldn't be some straightforward transaction like eg releasing a regular figure two pack and then reusing the sculpt for a solo version.  Big fuss is being made (somewhat deservedly) for "DX Artisan" as the new Hot Toys flagship premium level, the new standard by which all others are measured - limited availability built in as part of the cachet.  Wouldn't make any sense to confuse it by releasing subsequent "Gold, silver and bronze" downgraded versions, or to reuse some of the components.  Sales of a few more regular figs wouldn't be anywhere worth the depreciation or diluting of the DX Artisan brand.  So if you like it and you can afford this I wouldn't hold out for some future variation.  For all the same reasons this will be the immediate target of unauthorized Recasts but that's a different conversation.

I think you're misunderstanding my reason for commenting about that. I have no wish to 'hold out' for a different version. I want this version and would pay through the nose for it! For once I can actually afford it, as well, thanks to my new job. But my fear is that I will MISS OUT *because* it is indeed so limited. The price is not the issue, I would happily pay £1,000+ for an Anakin figure this accurate. Been waiting years for one. But since the preordering is going to be done via some kind of queue system, it seems like it's only the luck of the draw that would actually secure it for me rather than my willpower in this case. Which is really upsetting and frustrating to me. Anakin is the whole reason I'm into collecting in the first place, and I've purchased every Anakin related figure from HT since they started doing Star Wars figures. So, I find it really unfair to think that I could end up 'blocked' from owning this, the best Anakin by far, simply due to not being 'lucky' enough.

Is that 'just the way it is'? Sure, I guess. But I don't have to be happy about it!!!

Valiarde

Valiarde
I can understand the points from sky - I also really dislike this lottery style system. I wish they would do it like InArt and make a three day preorder window and everyone who want one can get one then.

Imagine you own a company and stop selling expensive stuff that would go like hot cakes because you just cap it and say: No, just limited number. I really don't think the limited number is what makes this sooo much more valuable for collectors.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Valiarde wrote:I can understand the points from sky - I also really dislike this lottery style system. I wish they would do it like InArt and make a three day preorder window and everyone who want one can get one then.

Imagine you own a company and stop selling expensive stuff that would go like hot cakes because you just cap it and say: No, just limited number. I really don't think the limited number is what makes this sooo much more valuable for collectors.

Agree with you.

I don't mean to sound melodramatic, but I can't really fully explain how devastated I will be to miss out on it. And I'm already expecting I won't be able to get it...how could I? There seems very little chance to secure one. And that makes me so crestfallen that I feel like I might as well give up on collecting. Why even try if it's impossible to have the best figure of my favourite character?

Valiarde

Valiarde
skywalkersaga wrote:
Valiarde wrote:I can understand the points from sky - I also really dislike this lottery style system. I wish they would do it like InArt and make a three day preorder window and everyone who want one can get one then.

Agree with you.

I don't mean to sound melodramatic, but I can't really fully explain how devastated I will be to miss out on it. And I'm already expecting I won't be able to get it...how could I? There seems very little chance to secure one. And that makes me so crestfallen that I feel like I might as well give up on collecting. Why even try if it's impossible to have the best figure of my favourite character?

There will be so many expensive figures released next few years from InaRt and Hot Toys, fans have to decide on what to buy. Maybe this is a slight chance there will be Anakins available. And if you would really spend $1000 on this one, I bet you can fetch some on ebay down the line for sure (even if scalpers are the worst).

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Valiarde wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:

Agree with you.

There will be so many expensive figures released next few years from InaRt and Hot Toys, fans have to decide on what to buy. Maybe this is a slight chance there will be Anakins available. And if you would really spend $1000 on this one, I bet you can fetch some on ebay down the line for sure (even if scalpers are the worst).

Yes, I'm ashamed to admit it, but I would spend a lot to buy it on ebay later on if I could not get it from Hot Toys.

It's not my usual practice (I do normally prefer to PO the HT figures I want), but I would make an exception in this case. But I would rather not have to deal with the stress of it. Would be so much better to just be able to PO it like normal and not have to worry about it. :/

Valiarde

Valiarde
Despite what MBA thinks, I bet we will see a non-artisan release later on with sculpted hair and same head as a normal release...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Valiarde wrote:Despite what MBA thinks, I bet we will see a non-artisan release later on with sculpted hair and same head as a normal release...

I hope so. I will do my best to try to acquire this one, but hoping for something like that down the road in case I miss out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum