OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH™ ANAKIN SKYWALKER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 7]

skywalkersaga

Valiarde wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:
Valiarde wrote:Will be available on Sideshow this Friday, 9 a.m. PT

Which means 6 p.m. CET or 5 p.m. UTC for those interested from Europe. Hope the server won't crash Very Happy

Wait....THIS Friday? It says 'August 18th' ....isn't that a week FROM this Friday?

Correct Razz   Just a little wake up shock

Somebody messaged me and said "friday" and I didn't check again. Sorry for the confusion.

LOL, phew, thanks. Laughing

Diana

Oh no! I'm on a birthday party that day. Figures. I guess I'll just have to steal myself away for a moment. What a Face

So, can this only be ordered via Sideshow? I think last time I ordered from them directly I had to pay a ridiculous import tax...

Valiarde

Diana wrote:Oh no! I'm on a birthday party that day. Figures. I guess I'll just have to steal myself away for a moment. What a Face

So, can this only be ordered via Sideshow? I think last time I ordered from them directly I had to pay a ridiculous import tax...

Yes IF you are lucky enough to snag one without the site crumbling and within 10 minutes...you wil also face an import tax. Which is normal from USA to Europe/Germany.

You could try your luck and ordering with Popcollectibles or ToysWonderland, both have him on preorder, but both are resellers and don't get their figures from hot toys - these sites need to buy them somehwere before selling them and so you will never know if you get them with both shops. I would advice against ordering there.

Diana

Valiarde wrote:
Diana wrote:Oh no! I'm on a birthday party that day. Figures. I guess I'll just have to steal myself away for a moment. What a Face

Yes IF you are lucky enough to snag one without the site crumbling and within 10 minutes...you wil also face an import tax. Which is normal from USA to Europe/Germany.

You could try your luck and ordering with Popcollectibles or ToysWonderland, both have him on preorder, but both are resellers and don't get their figures from hot toys - these sites need to buy them somehwere before selling them and so you will never know if you get them with both shops. I would advice against ordering there.

Thank you very much for the info. I'll have to think about this one.

I'm inclined just to join the frenzy in case one of you lovely peeps (especially Sky) miss out. Unless I win the lottery until then I would likely not want to keep him at the price with added import tax, which is ridiculous from the US. (Why can't I order directly from China? That would be so much cheaper...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Diana wrote:
Valiarde wrote:

Thank you very much for the info. I'll have to think about this one.

Diana, if you managed to score one of these from Sideshow but then didn't want to pay the import tax, I would happily purchase it off you/reimburse you the full amount. Smile

I'm inclined just to join the frenzy in case one of you lovely peeps (especially Sky) miss out. Unless I win the lottery until then I would likely not want to keep him at the price with added import tax, which is ridiculous from the US. (Why can't I order directly from China? That would be so much cheaper...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
There is a lottery draw on Sugo (Australia) for “less than 5” Anakins, for those of you keen to try! Closes 13th Australia time.
Attempted link below:
https://sugotoys.com.au/product/htswei237513/?omnisendContactID=63773de9dc4bdb001d20f0ca&utm_campaign=campaign%3A+Weekly+NEW+12-+Aug+%2864d5c6d8d7731a8f021b4c63%29&utm_medium=email&utm_source=omnisend

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thank you for the heads-up, Tanzenwolfe. This is exactly the kind of thing I was wondering about, though I do wish there was something like this happening with a UK or EU distributor.

Diana

Diana
Ah! Sky, I just discovered your hidden message. Laughing
I will certainly try to get one. I love you

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Diana wrote:Ah! Sky, I just discovered your hidden message. Laughing
I will certainly try to get one. I love you

Ah no worries, it was one of those where the reply ended up in a weird place, lol.

And thank you. I love you

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
I’ll see if I can’t acquire one through Sideshow for you, Sky (if I’m lucky enough to be awake, or paying attention at the time it goes up — I really hate how Howard is doing this one. Total bull$#!t.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH™ ANAKIN SKYWALKER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 1f10

Valiarde

Valiarde
Sky is already happy about her five artisan Anakins Wink

No for real that is great team work here!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker, thank you, that is so kind. No worries if you aren't awake though, I understand, Very Happy

And lol, Valiarde, if only! Laughing

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Maybe someone already mentioned this, but I'm just curious if anyone has an idea of the approximate total cost of this figure? I am presuming something like $450-500 range?

I just want to know so I have a better idea how much the deposit will be for it...

Valiarde

Valiarde
skywalkersaga wrote:Maybe someone already mentioned this, but I'm just curious if anyone has an idea of the approximate total cost of this figure? I am presuming something like $450-500 range?

I just want to know so I have a better idea how much the deposit will be for it...

The best guess is the Artisan Joker they will be selling this evening. I expect Anakin in the same ballpark.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Joker was loke 515 plus shipping.
Only registered RVSP users could order as far as Ive read on the other forum.

I expect more people want anakin though as there isnt an Inart option around and Star wars is also huge.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Wow... for that price the accessories should include a couple of younglings to slay or a Mace Windu to fight...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Valiarde wrote:Joker was loke 515 plus shipping.
Only registered RVSP users could order as far as Ive read on the other forum.

I expect more people want anakin though as there isnt an Inart option around and Star wars is also huge.

Ok, I will bear that in mind. ETA: I presume you can pay a deposit of 10%? Or is it pay in full only?

I *think* I'm registered with the RSVP, I did that almost immediately when it was first listed...

And the price doesn't surprise me at all. In fact I would think it might be more than that for the Anakin. When I consider how much a professional hair rooting job costs, it's actually a deal.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Deposit was possible as far as ive read.

Iam also on RSVP but I am not planning on buying it. My funds go more into LotR line now.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Valiarde wrote:Deposit was possible as far as ive read.

Iam also on RSVP but I am not planning on buying it. My funds go more into LotR line now.

Thank you, that is good to know.

And that's fair, you have to prioritise what makes sense for your collection.

csyeung

csyeung
From what I'm seeing, looks like other orders, you pay NRD 51.50 in this case. Also appears some people used reward points too to bring down some cost. Balance paid when it ships.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
This goes live at 11:00 am my time. I’ve got my alarm set for 10:50; Hope I can snag one for you, S.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH™ ANAKIN SKYWALKER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 1f10

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thank you everyone for the tips and help. May the Force Be With Us. ;p

OSFModerator1

OSFModerator1
Should have been clearer: This goes live at 9:00 AM (PST = Pacific Standard Time). So whatever that works out to in your "time zone" you'll have to figure out.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
No worries, it will be 5pm my time. But I am planning to be logged in with the page up and refreshing it continually for a little bit before that.

ETA: My current biggest concern is the internet connection on my end. I live in a rural area and the wifi is not always reliable. :/

Valiarde

Valiarde
They do queues. Like you log in and it shows you "you are number 1358" and then after like 20-30 min you are at the basket and can buy it.

At least that is what I read about the joker yesterday. And the high numbers are also from people logging in with several accounts or couldn't buy it because of not being into RSVP. So it doesn't mean you are waiting for all 1357 before you. Some think the numbers are kinda random too.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Valiarde wrote:They do queues. Like you log in and it shows you "you are number 1358" and then after like 20-30 min you are at the basket and can buy it.

At least that is what I read about the joker yesterday. And the high numbers are also from people logging in with several accounts or couldn't buy it because of not being into RSVP.  So it doesn't mean you are waiting for all 1357 before you. Some think the numbers are kinda random too.

That's also very good to know.

It's been mentioned that it's not a good idea to refresh while you are in queue, as it could send you to the back of said queue. But will the site log you out in the meantime if you don't refresh? Seems a conundrum...

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
I would just make sure your screen doesn’t time out. I set my screen-saver to not turn on before 3 hours as it sits idle.

Diana

Diana
Normally a session is valid for an entire website and commonly ends when you're idle for 30 minutes. So as long as you clicking around the site your session should be safe.

csyeung

csyeung
Good luck everyone! I'm rooting for you all!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum