OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: GDTOYS: 1/6 Cobra—The Baroness [Moveable Eyes] Soldiers #GD97009

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

OSFModerator1

OSFModerator1
Female - NEW PRODUCT: GDTOYS: 1/6 Cobra—The Baroness [Moveable Eyes] Soldiers #GD97009 21114610

inventory
1 Hair Transplant Head Sculpture (Eyeball Moveable)
2 Joint encapsulated collagen
3 piece leather jacket(Imported anti cracking material)
4 breastplate
5 armguards * 2
6 waist pack * 2
7 long boots
8 Cloak
9 sniper guns
10 Sniper gun Telescopic sight
11 Sniper Gun Clip
12 rifles
13 rifle Telescopic sight
14 rifle clip * 3
15 submachine guns
16 submachine gun Telescopic sight
17 submachine gun clip * 3
18 Silencer
19 pistols
20 pistol magazine * 2
21 extended clip * 1
22 Tactical Flashlight
23 pistol holster
24 knives
25 scabbard
26 Dagger
27 Dagger Set
28 Glove hands * 8
29 Glasses
30 Platform Support

Female - NEW PRODUCT: GDTOYS: 1/6 Cobra—The Baroness [Moveable Eyes] Soldiers #GD97009 21114710
Female - NEW PRODUCT: GDTOYS: 1/6 Cobra—The Baroness [Moveable Eyes] Soldiers #GD97009 21114811
Female - NEW PRODUCT: GDTOYS: 1/6 Cobra—The Baroness [Moveable Eyes] Soldiers #GD97009 21114810
Female - NEW PRODUCT: GDTOYS: 1/6 Cobra—The Baroness [Moveable Eyes] Soldiers #GD97009 21114912
Female - NEW PRODUCT: GDTOYS: 1/6 Cobra—The Baroness [Moveable Eyes] Soldiers #GD97009 21114910
Female - NEW PRODUCT: GDTOYS: 1/6 Cobra—The Baroness [Moveable Eyes] Soldiers #GD97009 21114911
Female - NEW PRODUCT: GDTOYS: 1/6 Cobra—The Baroness [Moveable Eyes] Soldiers #GD97009 21115011
Female - NEW PRODUCT: GDTOYS: 1/6 Cobra—The Baroness [Moveable Eyes] Soldiers #GD97009 21115010
Female - NEW PRODUCT: GDTOYS: 1/6 Cobra—The Baroness [Moveable Eyes] Soldiers #GD97009 21115012
Female - NEW PRODUCT: GDTOYS: 1/6 Cobra—The Baroness [Moveable Eyes] Soldiers #GD97009 21115013
Female - NEW PRODUCT: GDTOYS: 1/6 Cobra—The Baroness [Moveable Eyes] Soldiers #GD97009 21115110
Female - NEW PRODUCT: GDTOYS: 1/6 Cobra—The Baroness [Moveable Eyes] Soldiers #GD97009 21115111
Female - NEW PRODUCT: GDTOYS: 1/6 Cobra—The Baroness [Moveable Eyes] Soldiers #GD97009 21115112
Female - NEW PRODUCT: GDTOYS: 1/6 Cobra—The Baroness [Moveable Eyes] Soldiers #GD97009 21115210
Female - NEW PRODUCT: GDTOYS: 1/6 Cobra—The Baroness [Moveable Eyes] Soldiers #GD97009 21115211
Female - NEW PRODUCT: GDTOYS: 1/6 Cobra—The Baroness [Moveable Eyes] Soldiers #GD97009 21115213
Female - NEW PRODUCT: GDTOYS: 1/6 Cobra—The Baroness [Moveable Eyes] Soldiers #GD97009 21115212
Female - NEW PRODUCT: GDTOYS: 1/6 Cobra—The Baroness [Moveable Eyes] Soldiers #GD97009 21115310
Female - NEW PRODUCT: GDTOYS: 1/6 Cobra—The Baroness [Moveable Eyes] Soldiers #GD97009 21115311
Female - NEW PRODUCT: GDTOYS: 1/6 Cobra—The Baroness [Moveable Eyes] Soldiers #GD97009 21115411
Female - NEW PRODUCT: GDTOYS: 1/6 Cobra—The Baroness [Moveable Eyes] Soldiers #GD97009 21115410
Female - NEW PRODUCT: GDTOYS: 1/6 Cobra—The Baroness [Moveable Eyes] Soldiers #GD97009 21115413
Female - NEW PRODUCT: GDTOYS: 1/6 Cobra—The Baroness [Moveable Eyes] Soldiers #GD97009 21115412
Female - NEW PRODUCT: GDTOYS: 1/6 Cobra—The Baroness [Moveable Eyes] Soldiers #GD97009 21115510
Female - NEW PRODUCT: GDTOYS: 1/6 Cobra—The Baroness [Moveable Eyes] Soldiers #GD97009 21115511
Female - NEW PRODUCT: GDTOYS: 1/6 Cobra—The Baroness [Moveable Eyes] Soldiers #GD97009 21115513
Female - NEW PRODUCT: GDTOYS: 1/6 Cobra—The Baroness [Moveable Eyes] Soldiers #GD97009 21115512
Female - NEW PRODUCT: GDTOYS: 1/6 Cobra—The Baroness [Moveable Eyes] Soldiers #GD97009 21115611
Female - NEW PRODUCT: GDTOYS: 1/6 Cobra—The Baroness [Moveable Eyes] Soldiers #GD97009 21115612
Female - NEW PRODUCT: GDTOYS: 1/6 Cobra—The Baroness [Moveable Eyes] Soldiers #GD97009 21115610
Female - NEW PRODUCT: GDTOYS: 1/6 Cobra—The Baroness [Moveable Eyes] Soldiers #GD97009 21115613
Female - NEW PRODUCT: GDTOYS: 1/6 Cobra—The Baroness [Moveable Eyes] Soldiers #GD97009 21115711
Female - NEW PRODUCT: GDTOYS: 1/6 Cobra—The Baroness [Moveable Eyes] Soldiers #GD97009 21115710
Female - NEW PRODUCT: GDTOYS: 1/6 Cobra—The Baroness [Moveable Eyes] Soldiers #GD97009 21383810

#newproduct #GDToys #Cobra #Baroness #female #stylized #modernmilitary #villain #animation-based

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Potentially striking figure, but the anime style does nothing for me. It is cute but I don't know if that is appropriate for the character. I wonder how this would be received by those actually immersed in G.I. Joe and Cobra stuff.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
She’s lovely, but a more determined expression would have been more suitable for a villain character. I like the movable eyes that many of these companies are starting to use more often.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Female - NEW PRODUCT: GDTOYS: 1/6 Cobra—The Baroness [Moveable Eyes] Soldiers #GD97009 1f10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2012 wrote:She’s lovely, but a more determined expression would have been more suitable for a villain character. I like the movable eyes that many of these companies are starting to use more often.
I thought so too. The movable eyes are always cool.

davidd

davidd
"Imported anti-cracking material." Are they actually addressing the tendency of faux leather (pleather) to flake and crack within a relatively short period of time?

csyeung

csyeung
I'm with Ian, I would have liked a less anime type headsculpt. The costume overall looks pretty good for 3rd party. GD toys sounds familiar, forget what they've done before. The chest/ bust plate seems overly large. Not that I mind, but the molded piece doesn't look to sit properly in a few of the shots.

davidd

davidd
Personally, I rather like the "anime aesthetic" in general. In this specific case, the character is based on a comic book and a cartoon (originally, anyway), so a slightly stylized appearance seems appropriate.

That said, while this face sculpt is "pretty" (and that eyeglasses and dark hair look always works for me), it doesn't seem accurate to the original character. As Gubernatorfan has accurately noted in other discussions, the "anime style" face sculpts tend to look very young. In this case, this character looks to be in... what... her twenties? Probably early twenties?

Even as a kid, I tended to think of this character being more like 40-ish. She had a significant career with COBRA and as an agent, so she had definitely put in some years of service

Additionally, according to the "official" character backstory, the character has had significant plastic surgery to address serious facial scarring, the result of burns suffered during a COBRA raid. That explained the character's inordinately pale, almost mask-like face.

This figure looks too young and too pretty to accurately represent the old-school canon version of the character.

All that said, I certainly wouldn't kick her out of... my presale cart.  Rolling Eyes  

I'm not collecting figs based on GI Joe comics or movies, but this is a figure that I find tempting from an "it just looks cool" standpoint.

csyeung

csyeung
I think that's probably what it is Davidd. Something closer to that bayonetta head sculpt probably would have worked better. This one does have that young teenager stylized head.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Maybe think of it as early Baroness with only a couple years under her belt.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Female - NEW PRODUCT: GDTOYS: 1/6 Cobra—The Baroness [Moveable Eyes] Soldiers #GD97009 1f10

Diana

Diana
That head sculpt already had me tempted even before I saw that the eyes move! Love the base and the catsuit, too, and I'm glad the cobra design appears to be on the separate plastic pieces. The plain catsuit might look good on a Black Widow...

Trying really hard to resist. This does not match my main niche... Shocked

Cobratrooper11

Cobratrooper11
i like the overall, but that head is just too soft for such a badass as the baroness...maybe with a headswap this would be perfect.

navetsea

oh wow, she is strikingly beautiful with the hood on

itt

itt
I want the outfit but I would headswap it with my Sideshow Baroness. Can’t stand the anime treatment of the head.

So this is a full figure including the body, correct? (wasn’t sure exactly what “joint encapsulated collagen” meant).

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
itt wrote:I want the outfit but I would headswap it with my Sideshow Baroness. Can’t stand the anime treatment of the head.

So this is a full figure including the body, correct? (wasn’t sure exactly what “joint encapsulated collagen” meant).
Yes, the body is definitely included. It might mean seamless, although in that case it is largely wasted here.

Diana

Diana
itt wrote:I want the outfit but I would headswap it with my Sideshow Baroness. Can’t stand the anime treatment of the head.

For me the head sculpt is gorgeous, so I'm sure if you wanted to sell/trade it you'd have no trouble. ^^

Spartan06

Spartan06
Don't know how I missed this one, but I really like it and it fits my main interest!  The head sculpt looks great, but the pics with the hood off and wearing glasses sold it for me.  Great selection of weapons, a really cool catsuit and Cobra logos.

I ordered it today - early Christmas gift... Very Happy

Diana

Diana
Spartan06 wrote:Don't know how I missed this one, but I really like it and it fits my main interest!  The head sculpt looks great, but the pics with the hood off and wearing glasses sold it for me.  Great selection of weapons, a really cool catsuit and Cobra logos.

I ordered it today - early Christmas gift... Very Happy

NICE!! Congrats! I noticed on Giantoy that she is shipping. Would love to see some photos! Very Happy

cdn_rhino

Not feeling that head sculpt or sword. Otherwise, it's a great Baroness figure.

3Afr

3Afr
The guns are cool, especially the Scar.
The figure doesn't interest me, and I wonder the real interest of movables eyes....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum