OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ MOFF GIDEON™ (SEASON 3) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

OSFModerator1

OSFModerator1
“I shall deal with our Mandalorian friends.” – Moff Gideon

Thought to be taken in by the New Republic for trial, Moff Gideon was saved by Imperial Armored Commandos and continued his cloning project on the planet on Mandalore where he faced off with the Mandalorian resistance led by Bo-Katan Kryze.

Today Hot Toys is thrilled to introduce the brand new 1/6th scale Moff Gideon collectible figure based on the The Mandalorian™ live action series’ latest season!

The highly-accurate collectible figure specially features a newly developed head sculpt with incredible likeness and rotatable eyes, detailed beskar helmet, armor and outfit, a jetpack, electrostaff in extended and collapsed mode, a blaster pistol, a whipcord, flamethrower effect accessory, a display base, and a crushed Darksaber hilt!

This formidable member of the Empire will definitely be an excellent addition to your Star Wars™ collection!
SPECIFICATIONS
PRODUCT CODETMS107
PRODUCT NAMEMOFF GIDEON™
HEIGHTAPPROXIMATELY 29 CM TALL
POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS30
SPECIAL FEATURESAUTHENTIC AND DETAILED LIKENESS OF GIANCARLO ESPOSITO AS MOFF GIDEON IN STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN
PRODUCT RELEASE DATEAPPROXIMATELY Q3 – Q4, 2024
ARTISTS
The 1/6th scale Moff Gideon™ Collectible Figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Giancarlo Esposito as Moff Gideon in Star Wars: The Mandalorian
- One (1) newly developed head sculpt with separate rolling eyeball system
- One (1) newly crafted beskar helmet
- Highly-accurate facial expression, mustache and detailed skin texture
- Approximately 29cm tall
- Body with over 30 points of articulations
- Eight (Cool pieces of interchangeable gloved hands including:
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of relaxed hands
- One (1) pair of hands for spear
- One (1) pistol holding right hand
- One (1) gesture left hand
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume:
- One (1) black colored Imperial officer cape
- One (1) newly designed armored suit
- One (1) black colored belt with pistol holster

Weapons:
- One (1) crushed Darksaber hilt
- One (1) extended electrostaff
- One (1) collapsed electrostaff
- One (1) blaster pistol
- One (1) whipcord

Accessories:
- One (1) magnetic jetpack
- One (1) pair of real-like thruster fire accessories (attachable to jetpack)
- One (1) flamethrower effect accessory (attachable to gauntlet)
- One (1) pair of lightning effect accessories (attachable to spear)
- Specially designed figure stand with Star Wars logo and character nameplate

Release date: Approximately Q3 – Q4, 2024

*Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Product details could be subjected to change without further notice

© & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.
© 2023 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ MOFF GIDEON™ (SEASON 3) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 180
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ MOFF GIDEON™ (SEASON 3) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 280
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ MOFF GIDEON™ (SEASON 3) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 381
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ MOFF GIDEON™ (SEASON 3) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 481
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ MOFF GIDEON™ (SEASON 3) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 579
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ MOFF GIDEON™ (SEASON 3) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 680
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ MOFF GIDEON™ (SEASON 3) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 777
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ MOFF GIDEON™ (SEASON 3) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 876
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ MOFF GIDEON™ (SEASON 3) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 973
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ MOFF GIDEON™ (SEASON 3) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1080
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ MOFF GIDEON™ (SEASON 3) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1177
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ MOFF GIDEON™ (SEASON 3) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1277
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ MOFF GIDEON™ (SEASON 3) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1376
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ MOFF GIDEON™ (SEASON 3) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1469
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ MOFF GIDEON™ (SEASON 3) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1569
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ MOFF GIDEON™ (SEASON 3) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1660
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ MOFF GIDEON™ (SEASON 3) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1753
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ MOFF GIDEON™ (SEASON 3) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1848

#newproduct #HotToys #StarWars #TheMandalorian #MoffGideon #season3 #male #Disney+ #Sci-Fi

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very cool, although somehow I think their previous version had a slightly more accurate likeness, which surprises me. Then again, I haven't actually watched the show, just thinking of the actor as I can remember him.

Valiarde

Valiarde
GubernatorFan wrote:Very cool, although somehow I think their previous version had a slightly more accurate likeness, which surprises me. Then again, I haven't actually watched the show, just thinking of the actor as I can remember him.

This could be written by me. I thought exactly the same and then wondered why everyone on other sites were saying "finally a good likeliness of him" and I was like oookayyy? But I also didnt watch the latest season.

It is interesting that many people have slightly different views when it comes to "perfect likeliness"
Maybe it also has to do with images vs movies

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:Very cool, although somehow I think their previous version had a slightly more accurate likeness, which surprises me. Then again, I haven't actually watched the show, just thinking of the actor as I can remember him.

This could be written by me. I thought exactly the same and then wondered why everyone on other sites were saying "finally a good likeliness of him" and I was like oookayyy? But I also didnt watch the latest season.

It is interesting that many people have slightly different views when it comes to "perfect likeliness"
I'm glad I wasn't the only one. One thing that I can spot possibly throwing me off is the hair -- I'm not used to seeing it exactly like that. The other thing is possibly more subtle, and actually something that has been an issue in the past: the movable eyes, at least in the past when they were part of a PERS system, tended to be set more deeply and sometimes compromised the likeness.

Ovy

Ovy
Looks great, would buy chicken wings from him every day. I like the armor and cape, but the helmet design is a bit too much stereotypical evil, black with red lenses. But then again it's Starwars.

But I think the character lost quite some nuance and turned more into a cartoon villain sadly.

The hair makes him appear a bit like an antique Roman statue.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:It is interesting that many people have slightly different views when it comes to "perfect likeliness"

This is why I don’t really care for “group projects” when it comes to character/actor sculpts. The “mind’s eye” sees what it wants to see, and it tends to ignore what’s really there. I think some of the sculptors at Hot Toys (and other companies) have this issue sometimes as well. More often than not, they tend to “idealize” people and avoid showing their flaws (they’re especially guilty of this when it comes to women).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ MOFF GIDEON™ (SEASON 3) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1f10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2012 wrote:This is why I don’t really care for “group projects” when it comes to character/actor sculpts. The “mind’s eye” sees what it wants to see, and it tends to ignore what’s really there. I think some of the sculptors at Hot Toys (and other companies) have this issue sometimes as well. More often than not, they tend to “idealize” people and avoid showing their flaws (they’re especially guilty of this when it comes to women).
But, Mark, women have no flaws! As a married man you should know that! Smile

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:
Stryker2012 wrote:This is why I don’t really care for “group projects” when it comes to character/actor sculpts. The “mind’s eye” sees what it wants to see, and it tends to ignore what’s really there. I think some of the sculptors at Hot Toys (and other companies) have this issue sometimes as well. More often than not, they tend to “idealize” people and avoid showing their flaws (they’re especially guilty of this when it comes to women).
But, Mark, women have no flaws! As a married man you should know that! Smile

Luckily, I’m not married to a woman like that! Laughing

Also, even this sculpt is too idealized. They captured the overall facial features, but look how “smooth” his face is. Where are the wrinkles? The crow’s feet, etc. It’s absurd how they don’t seem to want to add stuff like that.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ MOFF GIDEON™ (SEASON 3) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1f10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2012 wrote:Also, even this sculpt is too idealized. They captured the overall facial features, but look how “smooth” his face is. Where are the wrinkles? The crow’s feet, etc. It’s absurd how they don’t seem to want to add stuff like that.
There are wrinkles but yes, not enough. I have to dig up the previous one and look at it again.
This reminds me of an episode of Are You Being Served? in which they made mannequins ("dummies") based on two members of the store staff, one of them an aging lady; someone commented there weren't enough wrinkles and someone else replied that putting them all in would have made the production cost skyrocket. Perhaps Hot Toys feels the same way...

Diana

Diana
To me the head looks ridiculously good, but I never cared much for the character.
To me he will always be the chicken guy. Sorry buddy. Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum