OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Dragon Play: 1/6 The Dark Ruler - High 58CM Movable action figure (dp001)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

OSFModerator1

OSFModerator1
Dragon Play 1/6 The Dark Ruler High - 58CM Movable Model dp001
Brand: Dragon Play
Product name: Dark Ruler
Number: dp001
Size: Height 58.8CM
Order deadline: September 10, 2023
Shipping time: First quarter of 2024
Official price: 1580 yuan

Deposit: 100 yuan

Accessories list:
Iron Crown*1
Supreme Lord of the Rings*1
Dark cloak*1
Shoulder armor*2
Armor*2
Armor*1
Leg armor*2
Dark Hammer*1
Hand type*4

Dragon Play 1/6 The Dark Ruler High - 58CM Mobile Model dp001
Brand: Dragon Play
Product Name: Dark Ruler
Number: dp001
Size: Height 58.8CM
Deadline: September 10, 2023
Shipping time: Q1 2024
Official price: 1580 yuan

List of accessories:
Iron Crown * 1
The Supreme Ring * 1
Dark Cloak * 1
Shoulder armor * 2
Arm armor * 2
Body armor * 1
Leggings * 2
Hammer of Darkness * 1
Hand type * 4

male - NEW PRODUCT: Dragon Play: 1/6 The Dark Ruler -  High 58CM Movable action figure (dp001) 11122510
male - NEW PRODUCT: Dragon Play: 1/6 The Dark Ruler -  High 58CM Movable action figure (dp001) 11122810
male - NEW PRODUCT: Dragon Play: 1/6 The Dark Ruler -  High 58CM Movable action figure (dp001) 11123110
male - NEW PRODUCT: Dragon Play: 1/6 The Dark Ruler -  High 58CM Movable action figure (dp001) 11123610
male - NEW PRODUCT: Dragon Play: 1/6 The Dark Ruler -  High 58CM Movable action figure (dp001) 11124010
male - NEW PRODUCT: Dragon Play: 1/6 The Dark Ruler -  High 58CM Movable action figure (dp001) 11124510
male - NEW PRODUCT: Dragon Play: 1/6 The Dark Ruler -  High 58CM Movable action figure (dp001) 11125010
male - NEW PRODUCT: Dragon Play: 1/6 The Dark Ruler -  High 58CM Movable action figure (dp001) 11125210
male - NEW PRODUCT: Dragon Play: 1/6 The Dark Ruler -  High 58CM Movable action figure (dp001) 11125610
male - NEW PRODUCT: Dragon Play: 1/6 The Dark Ruler -  High 58CM Movable action figure (dp001) 11125911
male - NEW PRODUCT: Dragon Play: 1/6 The Dark Ruler -  High 58CM Movable action figure (dp001) 11130311
male - NEW PRODUCT: Dragon Play: 1/6 The Dark Ruler -  High 58CM Movable action figure (dp001) 11130710
male - NEW PRODUCT: Dragon Play: 1/6 The Dark Ruler -  High 58CM Movable action figure (dp001) 11130910
male - NEW PRODUCT: Dragon Play: 1/6 The Dark Ruler -  High 58CM Movable action figure (dp001) 11121810

#newproduct #DragonPlay #TheDarkRuler #male #fantasy #movie-based

OSFModerator1

OSFModerator1
This is available for PO at OSK (but you must be signed in to your account to see it).

Price is $444 USD (plus it's about 5 inches too tall).

Valiarde

Valiarde
OSFModerator1 wrote:(plus it's about 5 inches too tall).

The part I don't understand is this: Weta Sideshow has several very cool 1/6 Sauron statues released (I once owned the first version) and all these statues are about 60cm like this action figure here (including Spikes on helmet). Why do they do that? I mean Weta studios did all the costume work etc. for the movies and worked closely with peter jackson so they should know the size?

I think it is also hard to say, how tall this fantasy character is exactly. I think most people estimated it from the screen display and then yes, he should be only like 2,80m (=47cm in 1/6)

Personally I think both sizes work, the 47cm would maybe work a bit better with the other 1/6 figures.
Anyway, nice that we finally have the option of a Sauron action figure.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The official price of 1580 Yuan supposedly translates to $220 USD. But perhaps I misunderstood.
Looks good, but they can keep it if it costs $444. I have no idea about the proper height.

Valiarde

Valiarde
GubernatorFan wrote:The official price of 1580 Yuan supposedly translates to $220 USD. But perhaps I misunderstood.
Looks good, but they can keep it if it costs $444. I have no idea about the proper height.

Hmm, I guess the shipping is a big factor these days especially for large figures like this one. I know Kit is not offering any super heavy figures either like the coomodel diecast knights or the Dewback because of weight/size.
Giantoys already said on facebook they wont be selling this Sauron figure because of shipping size.

Ovy

Ovy
This character from one of those Japanese RPGs?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the extra info, Simon.
I wonder what Shovelchop would make of this (in any sense of the phrase).

Diana

Diana
Impressive. I'm glad I'm not a LotR collector. Aragorn will be my first. And possibly last. Unless they come up with a matching Boromir. Eowyn could get me tempted, too.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Mine arrived today. Holy cow is this thing massive. The only issue is it had trouble standing, and it doesn’t come with a stand.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

male - NEW PRODUCT: Dragon Play: 1/6 The Dark Ruler -  High 58CM Movable action figure (dp001) 1f10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2012 wrote:Mine arrived today. Holy cow is this thing massive. The only issue is it had trouble standing, and it doesn’t come with a stand.
Congratulations on your spikey new boy. Just be careful. If that thing falls, it could cause all sorts of damage.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Congrats Mark.

My LotR collection is also growing and I plan to do a nice showcase once my new shelf arrives end iof the year. But that think wont fit the shelf lol

BAMComix

BAMComix
He is very nice, but at the 400 price tag? too rich fro my blood Mad

BAMComix

BAMComix
Valiarde wrote:Congrats Mark.

My LotR collection is also growing and I plan to do a nice showcase once my new shelf arrives end iof the year.  But that think wont fit the shelf lol

Very Happy I shall look forward to that! MiskatonickNIck had a few lOTR characters, and he loved to mix it up at bit...

male - NEW PRODUCT: Dragon Play: 1/6 The Dark Ruler -  High 58CM Movable action figure (dp001) 33859778642_7b091b3728_cCampfire on Dagobah by MiskatonicNick, on Flickr

male - NEW PRODUCT: Dragon Play: 1/6 The Dark Ruler -  High 58CM Movable action figure (dp001) 15912749081_63c0c669e0_cThe TimeLord of the Ring by MiskatonicNick, on Flickr

He also did some cool stand alone Lord of the rings pics too.

male - NEW PRODUCT: Dragon Play: 1/6 The Dark Ruler -  High 58CM Movable action figure (dp001) 26209974057_4094622ee7_cRingwraith by MiskatonicNick, on Flickr

male - NEW PRODUCT: Dragon Play: 1/6 The Dark Ruler -  High 58CM Movable action figure (dp001) 40862248721_2b182ac238_cWhen Elves Attack by MiskatonicNick, on Flickr

Valiarde

Valiarde
BAMComix wrote:He is very nice, but at the 400 price tag? too rich fro my blood Mad

Gundamit had it for 240

And thank for showing me these pics from MNick - he was an artist. Moody pics, I love that he does scenes and not just simple posings!
The backdrop of the Nazgul is especially cool - and it is working so well with yoda too

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Yeah, I got mine from Gundamit for $237 shipped. And considering the size of the box, that was a steal.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

male - NEW PRODUCT: Dragon Play: 1/6 The Dark Ruler -  High 58CM Movable action figure (dp001) 1f10

BAMComix

BAMComix
Valiarde wrote:
BAMComix wrote:He is very nice, but at the 400 price tag? too rich fro my blood Mad

Gundamit had it for 240

And thank for showing me these pics from MNick - he was an artist. Moody pics, I love that he does scenes and not just simple posings!
The backdrop of the Nazgul is especially cool - and it is working so well with yoda too

Interesting on the price difference, thanks for the info Very Happy .
Really pleased you enjoyed them! Happy to share his work bounce .

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh wow, I had missed this one I think. Nice that you managed to get it, Stryker!

I know there was some discussion about it being too tall, but my first thought was that it would make a good base for a Morgoth kitbash so the height wouldn't really matter.

Glad I only saw it now cause I realllly don't have space for it, cool as it is. ;D

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
I thought you guys might want to see just how massive this Sauron figure is compared to other 1/6 figures. Here he is with the InArt Gandalf. I need to come up with a stand for this guy, as he is incredibly unstable and I don't want him tipping over and causing damage either to himself or other figures nearby.

male - NEW PRODUCT: Dragon Play: 1/6 The Dark Ruler -  High 58CM Movable action figure (dp001) _dsc3932

Visisonor

Visisonor
Stryker2012 wrote:I don't want him ... causing damage ... to ... other figures nearby.
I'd say that's pretty much in character for him.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very impressive, Mark. But yes, you better take precautions!

BAMComix

BAMComix
Wowzers! he's huge. It is nice to see though they they have the scale right. We usually get screwed over on this type of thing. Really impressive, Mark!

Diana

Diana
Holy cow, Mark, that's one impressive figure! He'll probably steal the show on whatever shelf he stands on. Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum