OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hello everyone! I have missed you!

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Hello everyone! I have missed you! Empty Hello everyone! I have missed you! Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:11 pm

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Hello to all!
I have been away for a while fighting some health issues, but I am back to a pretty functional state and I wanted to pop on and say "Hi!"
I haven't done any 1/6 work in a long time, so nothing to share, but I intend to look back through the threads I have missed and let you know what made me smile.
Thanks to GubernatorFan for checking on me, that was kind.
I hope Everyone is well and that I won't find any unpleasant surprise shockers as I look through the thingsI have missed.
I hope to post something soon, but for anyone who remembers my Space Station WIP, it collapsed sometime while I was ill. ( it was upstairs at my house, I had not made many trips up while I was ill.) I suspect a combination of cheap dollar store glue sticks and extremely high temperatures caused it to implode. This time it was a total loss, but perhaps better building techniques and lessons learned will bring an improved version.
I'm so glad to be functional again and I hope to interact with everyone regularly!

2Hello everyone! I have missed you! Empty Re: Hello everyone! I have missed you! Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:23 pm

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Welcome back Ponti! Glad to hear you are well again. Sorry about your space station collapsing, it must have been in empathy to your illness... well ambitious projects teach us important techniques every time we build one so I'm sure we'll all learn some tips from you soon!

3Hello everyone! I have missed you! Empty Re: Hello everyone! I have missed you! Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:54 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Hello and welcome back! We have indeed missed you, and look forward to the pleasure of your company and contributions.
Cheers!

4Hello everyone! I have missed you! Empty Re: Hello everyone! I have missed you! Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:21 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Hello everyone! I have missed you! Welcom10

5Hello everyone! I have missed you! Empty Re: Hello everyone! I have missed you! Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:35 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Welcome back, brother. Sorry to hear you’ve been ill (I can sympathize as my own health has been an up and down battle for the last couple years). Looking forward to seeing what you have to share, and hope you continue to feel better.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Hello everyone! I have missed you! C8485110

6Hello everyone! I have missed you! Empty Re: Hello everyone! I have missed you! Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:36 pm

shazzdan

shazzdan
Welcome back. Losing a major project like that can discourage us from starting something new. It is also discouraging to see a half-finished project that started out with so much promise, but that we no longer have the time or inclination to complete.

I have the additional problem of never finishing anything. As soon as I do all the initial research and design, collect all the parts I need, and progress far enough along to know how it will turn out, I lose interest and want to start something new.  I've tried to get around that problem by designing my projects to be modular. Start with a less complex part that can be finished fairly quickly. It produces something that can immediately be used in dioramas and gives me a confidence boost to see something completely finished. But in the future it can be added to and expanded upon whenever I feel the urge to go back to it.

Here is a list of my larger projects that are at various stages of development:

* A 1:6 throne room for a Ming Dynasty Chinese emperor
* A 1:6 Great Room from a medieval castle.
* A 1:6 Drawing Room from a Victorian-Era mansion.
* A 1:6 Fallout shelter inspired by the one posted by Ephiane a while ago.
* An internal section of a 1:6 bridge from a Star-Wars inspired spaceship
* A 1:6 Conan-inspired temple for an evil sorceror.
* A 1:6 log blockhouse fort with a cantilevered top floor and wooden shingle roof. This is intended for the kids to play with but I figured it would make a cool backdrop for an Old West diorama.
* A 1:6 Roman Villa courtyard. This one is too large to keep inside. It is meant to be a permanent outside fixture in a section of my yard that doesn't get much use. I have even started collecting live plants to use in the miniature Roman garden, which has gotten me interested in...

* .. Bonsai. I want to make dioramas that incorporate live bonsai trees rather than the plastic/resin ones we usually use. It can take 3 years or more of growth and careful pruning and training to get one to the right size and shape so I'll have plenty of time for other projects in the mean time.

* I'm also exploring ideas to use all the miniatures that I've been collecting from a local supermarket promotion.
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t646-australian-grocery-chain-store-promotion

7Hello everyone! I have missed you! Empty Re: Hello everyone! I have missed you! Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:34 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Indeed Welcome back Pontiacivan, just the other day I was wondering what happened to you.

8Hello everyone! I have missed you! Empty Re: Hello everyone! I have missed you! Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:46 am

blackpool

blackpool
welcome back! glad to hear from you again!

9Hello everyone! I have missed you! Empty Re: Hello everyone! I have missed you! Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:00 am

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Thank you to everyone!
I'm feeling so much better,
I did not even have the energy to browse the web, the email situation was/is a nightmare!
Luckily for me, I don't to anything financially through there.
I have a lot of catching up on the forum, who knows what wonders Shovelchop has come up with?
Gub has probably expanded the funnies and all of the concepts Shazzdan listed sound awesome, I'm looking forward to them!
Stryker, Blackpool and Bad-Wolf, I'm just going to have to see what you have posted, it should be good stuff!
Ephiane, I know you have something magical and fantastic up, but that Joker creeps me out! Lol.
And of course all of our other great members, Jazz, Rev S., and that "strongly opinionated guy" ( Rofl), have surely added exciting content.
Of course not be a downer, but have we lost anyone? ( from the planet, not specifically from the forum.) if so, I offer condolences to anyone having to move forward without them.
Thanks again for all the encouragement.
There are truly no worries on the Space Station, I only mentioned it as a passing update.
I took a final look at it yesterday, it was merely foam core and plywood, the largest investment was time.
I think the shape of the frame was too ambitious to be pieced together. I think the new frame will be cut as a solid form, as long as you can figure out what to do with the leftover center. I am not a huge fan of waste, and i can only get two or three frames from a sheet of wood.
Final, funny tidbit.... in the few years I was on OSW, I never received a birthday greeting, probably had the settings off or some such. As was cleaning up my old emails, I noticed this year I had received one.
I got a chuckle from that. I'm going to probably peek in, just to see if my profile is working. It was broke last time I was on.

10Hello everyone! I have missed you! Empty Re: Hello everyone! I have missed you! Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:17 am

dadrab

dadrab
Welcome back, Pontiac...

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Glad to hear you're feeling better and able to join us once again. Let's hope for a long and healthy stay.

11Hello everyone! I have missed you! Empty Re: Hello everyone! I have missed you! Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:34 am

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
dadrab wrote:Welcome back, Pontiac...

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Glad to hear you're feeling better and able to join us once again. Let's hope for a long and healthy stay.

Thanks Dadrab, your rhyme was Fab!

Oh hope my health will be a keeper, with many days Until the Reaper!

When I go, only time can tell. I hope they have one sixth in Hell!

Without some glasses, as my luck will be...they'll have 1/6 and I can't see!

Many apologies for THAT! Thanks for the well wishes.
I'm finding a lot of forgotten projects and wondering " Where was I going with this?" On more than a few!

12Hello everyone! I have missed you! Empty Re: Hello everyone! I have missed you! Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:10 am

shazzdan

shazzdan
Heh. Nice one. For 1:6 work I have to use pretty strong glasses too. My hands have started shaking so I can't do detailed paint jobs any more either.

13Hello everyone! I have missed you! Empty Re: Hello everyone! I have missed you! Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:28 pm

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Glad to have you back aboard!

I too haven't done much 1/6 related stuff. I packed up my gear ages ago as I'm supposed to be moving. It's something I will get round to, just no idea when. I figured that the longer I leave it the more money I'll save. I may even put it off till next year and really start the year ahead.

CHEERS!

14Hello everyone! I have missed you! Empty Re: Hello everyone! I have missed you! Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:03 pm

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
welcome back, glad to hear you're feeling better. don't worry to much about a botched project, it can always be rebuild. and it's always a plus in experience. gotta think of my first try with hardening spray foam withoug gloves but naked hands so i could "form it better"
was some nice scrubbing with turpentine afterwards Smile

so far i got a husk of a second tiger tank on the shelves for ages, had to rebuild some lost pieces from scratch and totally lost interest in ww2 in the meantime....
anyways, good to have you back aboard

15Hello everyone! I have missed you! Empty Re: Hello everyone! I have missed you! Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:49 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Pontician! Welcome back man!

So sorry to hear you're dealing with health issues, and glad that you're coming out the other side of things. You've definitely been missed around here.

That is a bummer about the space station. It was a really fun project to watch come together, and I'm looking forward to seeing in version 2.0!

16Hello everyone! I have missed you! Empty Re: Hello everyone! I have missed you! Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:29 am

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Rogerbee wrote:Glad to have you back aboard!

I too haven't done much 1/6 related stuff. I packed up my gear ages ago as I'm supposed to be moving. It's something I will get round to, just no idea when. I figured that the longer I leave it the more money I'll save. I may even put it off till next year and really start the year ahead.

CHEERS!
We all look forward to the completion of your move so we can see your collection post d!

Tjolnir wrote:welcome back, glad to hear you're feeling better. don't worry to much about a botched project, it can always be rebuild. and it's always a plus in experience. gotta think of my first try with hardening spray foam withoug gloves but naked hands so i could "form it better"
was some nice scrubbing with turpentine afterwards Smile

so far i got a husk of a second tiger tank on the shelves for ages, had to rebuild some lost pieces from scratch and totally lost interest in ww2 in the meantime....
anyways, good to have you back aboard

I think my hand finally came clean after five years, while I was sick! Lol.

ReverendSpooky wrote:Pontician! Welcome back man!

So sorry to hear you're dealing with health issues, and glad that you're coming out the other side of things.  You've definitely been missed around here.  

That is a bummer about the space station. It was a really fun project to watch come together, and I'm looking forward to seeing in version 2.0!

I think in the new version, I am going to cut the frames from a single piece of wood. Previously, I used strips and hot glue reinforcement to prevent being wasteful. I will just have to find a use for the centers I cut out of plywood. More 1/6 opportunity!

17Hello everyone! I have missed you! Empty Re: Hello everyone! I have missed you! Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:39 am

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Pontiacivan wrote:
ReverendSpooky wrote:Pontician! Welcome back man!

So sorry to hear you're dealing with health issues, and glad that you're coming out the other side of things.  You've definitely been missed around here.  

I think in the new version, I am going to cut the frames from a single piece of wood. Previously, I used strips and hot glue reinforcement to prevent being wasteful. I will just have to find a use for the centers I cut out of plywood. More 1/6 opportunity!

Yeah, I'm with you on that plan. You can stash those centers for when inspiration strikes. At some point it will and you'll have a head start.

http://reverendspooky.com

18Hello everyone! I have missed you! Empty Re: Hello everyone! I have missed you! Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:11 pm

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
For a while at least the collection will be no bigger than it is now. It will expand as I get more finished, don't hold your breath!

CHEERS!

19Hello everyone! I have missed you! Empty Re: Hello everyone! I have missed you! Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:23 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Oh, You take our wishes for your next work ?

Hello everyone! I have missed you! 01eeef10
Hello everyone! I have missed you! 5af96810

That could be nice in 1:6 and not to hard.... may be with some led ´s ?

20Hello everyone! I have missed you! Empty Re: Hello everyone! I have missed you! Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:03 am

shazzdan

shazzdan
There are a few of those drink dispenseries already available but mainly for 3.75" figures
Hello everyone! I have missed you! 1_69c878607f9b48e01c37e9569304bdd9.

Hello everyone! I have missed you! S-l1600
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Custom-Playset-Diorama-Parts-for-Cantina-Bar-with-Distillery-3-75-scal-/252121449457

This one is 3D printed. Apparently the files are available on Shapeways.
Hello everyone! I have missed you! 3Dcantina_new

21Hello everyone! I have missed you! Empty Re: Hello everyone! I have missed you! Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:11 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
shazzdan wrote:There are a few of those drink dispenseries already available but mainly for 3.75" figures

Or you can get them more affordably priced from Hole in the Ground Productions, where they are cast in resin. But again, meant for 3.75 inch figures.

22Hello everyone! I have missed you! Empty Re: Hello everyone! I have missed you! Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:24 am

shazzdan

shazzdan
Is there a good screen shot of the original drink dispensary from the movie? I can only find ones taken from the end rather than the side.

Hello everyone! I have missed you! Cantina_bar

Hello everyone! I have missed you! Mos-eisley-cantina_2489136a

23Hello everyone! I have missed you! Empty Re: Hello everyone! I have missed you! Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:03 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That would be pretty cool to see in 1/6; but can you imagine how big that set would be...

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Hello everyone! I have missed you! C8485110

24Hello everyone! I have missed you! Empty Re: Hello everyone! I have missed you! Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:28 pm

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Stryker2011 wrote:That would be pretty cool to see in 1/6; but can you imagine how big that set would be...

Big. My guess is Big.....

25Hello everyone! I have missed you! Empty Re: Hello everyone! I have missed you! Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:55 pm

shazzdan

shazzdan
The drinks bar might be doable but the whole room would be massive.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum