OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oldman Palpatine

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Oldman Palpatine  Empty Oldman Palpatine Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:18 pm

Chip

Hi all , I got this set some time ago , only recently put it together and took some photos . The kit was called 1/6 FHD01 Galaxy Oldman Custom Kit . You get the head sculpt and a set of hands , his walking stick , a set of Force lightening shapes not pictured . ( Is there a name for those ) ? And his set of clothes and boots . I used a World box body for my set , the clothes fitted quite well . The only complaint I have , is that the trousers are like paper thin and they ripped when I attempted to slide them over his hips , they are really really poor quality , this had me worried for the rest of the set , but it was actually pretty good quality . I was very fortunate that Giantoy`s sent me a substitute pair of black trousers that were of much better quality . The boots are cloth made and very nice too . I not really studied the other Palpatine releases , so can not really judge , Star Wars figures are a very recent trend for me , I tend to buy the cheaper Hasbro figures and try and upgrade them . Anyway , see the pics and let us know what you think .

Oldman Palpatine  P1170645

Oldman Palpatine  P1170634

Oldman Palpatine  P1170632

Oldman Palpatine  P1170648

2Oldman Palpatine  Empty Re: Oldman Palpatine Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:11 pm

teamweapon

ive read a few places that this is quite a nice set.
what most folks are complaining about is the witchy style hood that needed a lot of futzing to get it to sit lower.
nice pick up Smile

3Oldman Palpatine  Empty Re: Oldman Palpatine Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:35 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Cool, he looks like a nice uncle.

Knowing that his pants are ripped underneath makes him more sexy.

4Oldman Palpatine  Empty Re: Oldman Palpatine Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:17 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Nice looking figure Chip!

5Oldman Palpatine  Empty Re: Oldman Palpatine Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:36 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Not bad. I wonder if a wash first, and then water treatment would get the hood to sit down better…?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Oldman Palpatine  1f10

6Oldman Palpatine  Empty Re: Oldman Palpatine Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:14 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice pick up, Mark, thank you for the review.  I was wondering how this turned out, even if I do have my Palpatine needs covered. It is a very understated outfit, just like it should be, with only the glossy pin at the collar making a contrast. Of all the things that could have ripped, annoying as that is, the pants are the ones that would make the least difference with this outfit. Ovy, don't get excited, he's wearing substitute pants, thanks to Giantoy's sense of fairness (and propriety)! As the other Mark pointed out, perhaps a water treatment would help bring the hood down to a more natural state.

7Oldman Palpatine  Empty Re: Oldman Palpatine Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:12 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ovy wrote:

Knowing that his pants are ripped underneath makes him more sexy.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

In all seriousness, i think everything works fairly well other than the hood -- agree that it needs a little bit of 'shaping' to get it to look like it's laying more realistically.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

8Oldman Palpatine  Empty Re: Oldman Palpatine Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:28 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
I wonder if a small stitch holding the hood down at the back cold be the answer?

9Oldman Palpatine  Empty Re: Oldman Palpatine Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:47 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
BAMComix wrote:I wonder if a small stitch holding the hood down at the back cold be the answer?

Experimenting with a bit of stitching might be the best way to go -- certainly more reversible than various glue methods, and I don't know if a water treatment would be sufficient.

10Oldman Palpatine  Empty Re: Oldman Palpatine Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:02 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That's what I would do as well, GF, I'd used thread to carefully 'tack' the folds into place.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum