OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: WHY STUDIO: WS013 1/6 Scale Chainsaw Butcher

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

OSFModerator1

OSFModerator1
List of accessories:
Head carving * 1
Primitive * 1
Shirt * 1
Pants * 1
Apron * 1
Tie * 1
Shoes * 1
Kitchen knife * 1
Long knife * 1
Short knife * 1
Hammer * 1
Electric saw * 1
Hand type * 5
Bucket * 1
Broken head * 1
Broken leg * 1
Bracelet * 1
Platform * 1

horror - NEW PRODUCT: WHY STUDIO: WS013 1/6 Scale Chainsaw Butcher 15223110
horror - NEW PRODUCT: WHY STUDIO: WS013 1/6 Scale Chainsaw Butcher 15223310
horror - NEW PRODUCT: WHY STUDIO: WS013 1/6 Scale Chainsaw Butcher 15223610
horror - NEW PRODUCT: WHY STUDIO: WS013 1/6 Scale Chainsaw Butcher 15223710
horror - NEW PRODUCT: WHY STUDIO: WS013 1/6 Scale Chainsaw Butcher 15223910
horror - NEW PRODUCT: WHY STUDIO: WS013 1/6 Scale Chainsaw Butcher 15224110
horror - NEW PRODUCT: WHY STUDIO: WS013 1/6 Scale Chainsaw Butcher 15224210
horror - NEW PRODUCT: WHY STUDIO: WS013 1/6 Scale Chainsaw Butcher 15224310
horror - NEW PRODUCT: WHY STUDIO: WS013 1/6 Scale Chainsaw Butcher 15224510
horror - NEW PRODUCT: WHY STUDIO: WS013 1/6 Scale Chainsaw Butcher 15224610

#newproduct #WhyStudio #ChainsawButcher #male #movie-based #horror

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Why is a good name for this company. I seriously do not see the appeal to this kind of stuff. We have enough psychos on this planet, the last thing we need is for the demented freaks in Hollywood to give them more ideas on how to mutilate people.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

horror - NEW PRODUCT: WHY STUDIO: WS013 1/6 Scale Chainsaw Butcher 1f10

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
I mean, Leatherface from the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre is one of the most recognizable horror movie bad guys, along with Micheal Myers from Halloween or Jason from Friday the 13th. I know a few horror fans who would like to have such a figure in their collection

teamweapon

Stryker2012 wrote:Why is a good name for this company. I seriously do not see the appeal to this kind of stuff. We have enough psychos on this planet, the last thing we need is for the demented freaks in Hollywood to give them more ideas on how to mutilate people.
I dont quite understand your reaction to this?
Its a piece of fiction just like the avatar you use that blasts away flesh eating zombies?
im not trying to cause offence i just genuinely didnt understand such a strong reaction to the figure?

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
teamweapon wrote:
Stryker2012 wrote:Why is a good name for this company. I seriously do not see the appeal to this kind of stuff. We have enough psychos on this planet, the last thing we need is for the demented freaks in Hollywood to give them more ideas on how to mutilate people.
Its a piece of fiction just like the avatar you use that blasts away flesh eating zombies?
im not trying to cause offence i just genuinely didnt understand such a strong reaction to the figure?

No offense taken. It’s more the type of films that these characters come from. Zombies aren’t real, I can deal with that type of “horror” — it’s fantasy. Serial killers, on the other hand, exist, and they are out there in the real world doing absolutely horrible crap to people — and these types of films are just a glimpse into the sick and twisted minds of the people that make this kind of garbage, and to me — as I mentioned — is giving these freaks more ideas, and desensitizing people to this kind of “real” violence.

I’ve seen and done some horrible things myself (private security contracting requires a certain level of violence — ie, killing), and the impact that has on oneself is life-long. There was a news story about 15-20 years ago about a 12 year old kid exposed to these kinds of movies, and video games, and took one of his friends out in the woods and killed him “because he wanted to know what it felt like for real.” Anyone who tries to tell me that violent movies, TV shows and video games don’t have an impact on young impressionable minds, or people with mental illnesses, is clearly deluding themselves. The number of times I watched irresponsible parents take their kids into the movie theaters to watch these kinds of movies with them, made me want to bash their heads in for being useless members of society (see. I can’t even escape my own dark thoughts). And someone doesn’t even have to be a serial killer to perform the kind of violence these movies showcase, even if they only do it once.

That’s my problem with figures like this — why would you want to represent the worst type of people who can (and have) existed in the real world. After all, this character and movie was based (somewhat loosely) on real life serial killer Ed Gein. To each their own, it’s just not something I can, or ever will, support or find acceptable. Hell, I’m the one that started this thread — it’s not up to me whether or not a new product gets posted, I’m just doing the service — doesn’t mean I have to like it. That’s pretty much all I have to say on that.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

horror - NEW PRODUCT: WHY STUDIO: WS013 1/6 Scale Chainsaw Butcher 1f10

teamweapon

Stryker2012 wrote:
teamweapon wrote:

No offense taken. It’s more the type of films that these characters come from. Zombies aren’t real, I can deal with that type of “horror” — it’s fantasy. Serial killers, on the other hand, exist, and they are out there in the real world doing absolutely horrible crap to people — and these types of films are just a glimpse into the sick and twisted minds of the people that make this kind of garbage, and to me — as I mentioned — is giving these freaks more ideas, and desensitizing people to this kind of “real” violence.

I’ve seen and done some horrible things myself (private security contracting requires a certain level of violence — ie, killing), and the impact that has on oneself is life-long. There was a news story about 15-20 years ago about a 12 year old kid exposed to these kinds of movies, and video games, and took one of his friends out in the woods and killed him “because he wanted to know what it felt like for real.” Anyone who tries to tell me that violent movies, TV shows and video games don’t have an impact on young impressionable minds, or people with mental illnesses, is clearly deluding themselves. The number of times I watched irresponsible parents take their kids into the movie theaters to watch these kinds of movies with them, made me want to bash their heads in for being useless members of society (see. I can’t even escape my own dark thoughts). And someone doesn’t even have to be a serial killer to perform the kind of violence these movies showcase, even if they only do it once.

That’s my problem with figures like this — why would you want to represent the worst type of people who can (and have) existed in the real world. After all, this character and movie was based (somewhat loosely) on real life serial killer Ed Gein. To each their own, it’s just not something I can, or ever will, support or find acceptable. Hell, I’m the one that started this thread — it’s not up to me whether or not a new product gets posted, I’m just doing the service — doesn’t mean I have to like it. That’s pretty much all I have to say on that.

TCM has about as much truth in it as zombies have based on Hatian voodoo. i think "inspired by" is more what TCM is based on ed gein. If im honest i dont even like any of the TCM movies, i saw the 1st when i was 11 probably? and thought it was quite dull and never once even contemplated even hurting anyone because of it. There really is no scientific evidence to correlate on screen violence with cause. Alot of social pressure groups have tried over the years to match the 2, but no study as far as im aware has ever done so. Its more social standing and parenting that bring out violence in people. I should also say i have never killed anyone, as im a pacifist, not that i havent had my share of fights when i had to. As for a news report about some kid killing another, im sorry but i have read some REALLY ridiculous news reports in newspapers over the years. one that sticks in my mind is a ring of snuff film peddlers that got caught. it was COMPLETELY erroneous! i have a read a LOT of books on censorship and the book that is key to that is called killing for culture which dispels the myth of snuff films even though years ago it got reported in newspaper's a LOT. another true story i remember was a Chinese man who went to an all you can eat buffet got ill from it and farted himself to death in his small flat.

If this was a Ted Bundy figure based on any of the movie portrayals that have been made about him [of which there are a surprisingly large amount] i would whole heartedly agree with your original post, but it is complete fantasy with a tiny sliver of truth that gein had face masks in his house when he was arrested. I should probably say that film is something i am obsessed with and have been since about 8, not horror just film in general but this has included a lot of horror movies.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm with Mark on this one, although I agree it is no wonder "why" a company might not choose to capitalize on what has already become a financially viable franchise. I think Mark's observations are valid and address a more profound aspect of cultural resonance in our society. On the other hand, one of the few downsides of a free market economy (insofar as we still have one) is that things that are tasteless or morally ambiguous are going to continue to be up for sale. I do not personally enjoy this genre, and do have some concern about its potential effect on the "weak-minded." There used to be a "code" in Hollywood, that dictated what was acceptable to depict (visually or action-wise). Some of it was arguably ridiculous and very subjective, and an excessive degree of moral preaching would understandably lead to rolling eyeballs in real human heads, but I think the provision for not glorifying and at least implying a comeuppance for the villain was actually appropriate. I remember watching The Bad Seed (1956) at a movie night, and the final scene was discussed in terms of being a rather minimal and perhaps artificial concession to the "code." Given where we are as a society (I will not go into details), I wonder if the "code" wasn't right at least about this after all... I do not expect entertainment to be necessarily ethically constructive or prescriptive, but when it gets implicitly destructive, that's another matter. But where does one draw the line?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum