OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Facepool FP014A 1/6 Scale Discovery of History Series: The Red Baron (Manfred von Richthofen) (standard & special editions)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

OSFModerator1

OSFModerator1
Facepoolfigure 1/6 action figure – World War I ace pilot Red Baron
FP0014A regular version accessories list:

Realistic head sculpt
Movable body (including 6 hands)
Prussian officer's bonnet
Ulanka uniform (Alexander + captain's epaulettes)
Genuine leather jacket (pilot + captain epaulets)
Breeches
Genuine leather boots + genuine leather leggings
Internal fattening suit
scarf
Blue Star Medal (1/6 scale)
1914 Iron Cross First Class
Prussian Pilot's Medal
crutch
grass terrace
Blue Star Medal (1/1 scale)

FP014B Special Edition additionally includes the following:
Great Dane Moritz
Wreckage of the Royal Aircraft DH2 tail (No. 5964)
Sand table aircraft model-German Fokker Dr.1
Sand table airplane model – British Royal Factory S.E.5

Estimated shipping date is the third quarter of 2024, and the order deadline is November 1 , 2023

Male - NEW PRODUCT: Facepool FP014A 1/6 Scale Discovery of History Series: The Red Baron (Manfred von Richthofen) (standard & special editions) 47541710
Male - NEW PRODUCT: Facepool FP014A 1/6 Scale Discovery of History Series: The Red Baron (Manfred von Richthofen) (standard & special editions) 47541810
Male - NEW PRODUCT: Facepool FP014A 1/6 Scale Discovery of History Series: The Red Baron (Manfred von Richthofen) (standard & special editions) 47643610
Male - NEW PRODUCT: Facepool FP014A 1/6 Scale Discovery of History Series: The Red Baron (Manfred von Richthofen) (standard & special editions) 47643710
Male - NEW PRODUCT: Facepool FP014A 1/6 Scale Discovery of History Series: The Red Baron (Manfred von Richthofen) (standard & special editions) 47643810
Male - NEW PRODUCT: Facepool FP014A 1/6 Scale Discovery of History Series: The Red Baron (Manfred von Richthofen) (standard & special editions) 47643910
Male - NEW PRODUCT: Facepool FP014A 1/6 Scale Discovery of History Series: The Red Baron (Manfred von Richthofen) (standard & special editions) 47671310
Male - NEW PRODUCT: Facepool FP014A 1/6 Scale Discovery of History Series: The Red Baron (Manfred von Richthofen) (standard & special editions) 47671410
Male - NEW PRODUCT: Facepool FP014A 1/6 Scale Discovery of History Series: The Red Baron (Manfred von Richthofen) (standard & special editions) 47671510
Male - NEW PRODUCT: Facepool FP014A 1/6 Scale Discovery of History Series: The Red Baron (Manfred von Richthofen) (standard & special editions) 47671610
Male - NEW PRODUCT: Facepool FP014A 1/6 Scale Discovery of History Series: The Red Baron (Manfred von Richthofen) (standard & special editions) 47671710
Male - NEW PRODUCT: Facepool FP014A 1/6 Scale Discovery of History Series: The Red Baron (Manfred von Richthofen) (standard & special editions) 47671810
Male - NEW PRODUCT: Facepool FP014A 1/6 Scale Discovery of History Series: The Red Baron (Manfred von Richthofen) (standard & special editions) 47671910
Male - NEW PRODUCT: Facepool FP014A 1/6 Scale Discovery of History Series: The Red Baron (Manfred von Richthofen) (standard & special editions) 47672010
Male - NEW PRODUCT: Facepool FP014A 1/6 Scale Discovery of History Series: The Red Baron (Manfred von Richthofen) (standard & special editions) 47672110
Male - NEW PRODUCT: Facepool FP014A 1/6 Scale Discovery of History Series: The Red Baron (Manfred von Richthofen) (standard & special editions) 47672210
Male - NEW PRODUCT: Facepool FP014A 1/6 Scale Discovery of History Series: The Red Baron (Manfred von Richthofen) (standard & special editions) 47672310
Male - NEW PRODUCT: Facepool FP014A 1/6 Scale Discovery of History Series: The Red Baron (Manfred von Richthofen) (standard & special editions) 47672410
Male - NEW PRODUCT: Facepool FP014A 1/6 Scale Discovery of History Series: The Red Baron (Manfred von Richthofen) (standard & special editions) 47672510
Male - NEW PRODUCT: Facepool FP014A 1/6 Scale Discovery of History Series: The Red Baron (Manfred von Richthofen) (standard & special editions) 47672610
Male - NEW PRODUCT: Facepool FP014A 1/6 Scale Discovery of History Series: The Red Baron (Manfred von Richthofen) (standard & special editions) 47672710
Male - NEW PRODUCT: Facepool FP014A 1/6 Scale Discovery of History Series: The Red Baron (Manfred von Richthofen) (standard & special editions) 47672810
Male - NEW PRODUCT: Facepool FP014A 1/6 Scale Discovery of History Series: The Red Baron (Manfred von Richthofen) (standard & special editions) 47672910
Male - NEW PRODUCT: Facepool FP014A 1/6 Scale Discovery of History Series: The Red Baron (Manfred von Richthofen) (standard & special editions) 47673010
Male - NEW PRODUCT: Facepool FP014A 1/6 Scale Discovery of History Series: The Red Baron (Manfred von Richthofen) (standard & special editions) 47673110
Male - NEW PRODUCT: Facepool FP014A 1/6 Scale Discovery of History Series: The Red Baron (Manfred von Richthofen) (standard & special editions) 47673210
Male - NEW PRODUCT: Facepool FP014A 1/6 Scale Discovery of History Series: The Red Baron (Manfred von Richthofen) (standard & special editions) 47673310
Male - NEW PRODUCT: Facepool FP014A 1/6 Scale Discovery of History Series: The Red Baron (Manfred von Richthofen) (standard & special editions) 47673410
Male - NEW PRODUCT: Facepool FP014A 1/6 Scale Discovery of History Series: The Red Baron (Manfred von Richthofen) (standard & special editions) 47673510
Male - NEW PRODUCT: Facepool FP014A 1/6 Scale Discovery of History Series: The Red Baron (Manfred von Richthofen) (standard & special editions) 47673610
Male - NEW PRODUCT: Facepool FP014A 1/6 Scale Discovery of History Series: The Red Baron (Manfred von Richthofen) (standard & special editions) 47673710
Male - NEW PRODUCT: Facepool FP014A 1/6 Scale Discovery of History Series: The Red Baron (Manfred von Richthofen) (standard & special editions) 47673910
Male - NEW PRODUCT: Facepool FP014A 1/6 Scale Discovery of History Series: The Red Baron (Manfred von Richthofen) (standard & special editions) 47674010
Male - NEW PRODUCT: Facepool FP014A 1/6 Scale Discovery of History Series: The Red Baron (Manfred von Richthofen) (standard & special editions) 47674210

#newproduct #Facepool #DiscoveryOfHistory #ManfredvonRichtofen #TheRedBaron #male #military #historical #WWI

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
I kind of really like this. I may not have agreed with the Germans in either World War, but there’s no denying this fellow was an interesting figure in history.

Now if I could just find a Snoopy Flying Ace to go with him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Male - NEW PRODUCT: Facepool FP014A 1/6 Scale Discovery of History Series: The Red Baron (Manfred von Richthofen) (standard & special editions) 1f10

davidd

davidd
WARNING: STREAM OF CONSCIOUSNESS RAMBLING!

When I was eight or nine years old, this would have seemed like the most exciting "toy" in the world to me! When I was in the third grade, while I was riding my bicycle to school I was imagining I was piloting a First World War biplane over No Man's Land.

Now, some years later... it's still a pretty cool figure with a lot of appeal. And owning one would really take me back to my childhood. But how much is it gonna cost, do I really want to "invest" in something like this at a point in my life when I should realistically be looking at downsizing, and the way things are going in the world, am I going to be in a position to enjoy this (or even be alive) a year or more from now when it is released?

And then... what am I gonna do with it? Will it sit in a storage tub? Will I keep it "mint-in-box" so it holds its value? Will I set it on a shelf and kind of eventually stop seeing it? Or would it remind me every day that I never was and never will never be a dashing 24 year old flying ace?

I suppose, depending on the amount required for a down payment, it wouldn't hurt to put in a pre-order. If I'm not around to pay for it, no big deal. If my situation a year from now does not warrant completing the purchase, I'm out a relatively small sum. If I still want it, I'll have my place in line secured.

But... if I did end up with one of these, I'd want a 1/6-scale WWI biplane or triplane. Von Richtofen is usually associated with the Fokker Dr.1 triplane, but for much of his time during the Great War he flew an Albatros D.III in addition to several other aircraft. I might need two different 1/6-scale WWI fighter planes.

I wonder what the quality will be like. I am not familiar with this manufacturer-distributor.

Maybe I should just stick with Pullip dolls. I already have nearly an entire escadrille.

Male - NEW PRODUCT: Facepool FP014A 1/6 Scale Discovery of History Series: The Red Baron (Manfred von Richthofen) (standard & special editions) Pullip_escadrille

Embarassed

Maybe I should hold out for a Rittmeister Hans von Hammer: The Hammer of Hell aka Enemy Ace action figure. (Hasbro made a GI Joe version a few years ago that brings $400 or so mint-in-box on eBay. So maybe this von Richtofen fig will be less expensive.)

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
davidd wrote:When I was eight or nine years old, this would have seemed like the most exciting "toy" in the world to me!

Now... it's still pretty cool. ....  But... if I did end up with one of these, I'd want a 1/6-scale WWI biplane or triplane. Von Richtofen is usually associated with the Fokker Dr.1 triplane, but for much of his time during the Great War he flew an Albatros D.III in addition to several other aircraft.

I had the same desire back when Sideshow made the first 1/6 scale Richtoefen, which must have been almost twenty years ago.  This one certainly surpasses it but the Sideshow one holds up relatively well for its time (except, for sure, the underlying body).  1/6 scale biplane kits do exist and they are even relatively "inexpensive" (probably cheaper than the figure) but it's a daunting thought to store or display something more than 3' long with a 4' wingspan.   https://www.ebay.ca/itm/293862357298

The ones that are out there are a bit simplified as they are made (durably) for the RC flying hobby rather than for display and they seem to be 5-10% undersized anyway. They do represent a unique opportunity for having a 1/6 airplane, to the extent they will be made of balsa wood thus avoiding the weight issues of any later plane.  What I was considering at the time was to build a "papercraft" version by upscaling one of the free paper models you can find online, if only I could figure out how to separate the 1/6 version of the design down to sheet sizes that would fit a normal printer.  The only remaining problem would be the hard parts, Spandau guns particularly, but those do exist as additional cost, separately available accessories for the flying versions.  Wheels and propeller are probably somewhat generic.  It occurs to me that one option that now exists (and didn't when I had this Richtoefen fantasy years ago) would be to get the 1/6 Spandaus etc from the 3D printer world.

Male - NEW PRODUCT: Facepool FP014A 1/6 Scale Discovery of History Series: The Red Baron (Manfred von Richthofen) (standard & special editions) S-l16011

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
David, I hear your pain. But Kit has the Special Edition of this fellow at $220 USD ($40 deposit). Which isn't bad at all in this day and age. I'm tempted. (Now I have that song stuck in my head).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Male - NEW PRODUCT: Facepool FP014A 1/6 Scale Discovery of History Series: The Red Baron (Manfred von Richthofen) (standard & special editions) 1f10

davidd

davidd
Stryker2012 wrote: (Now I have that song stuck in my head).

Ten, twenty, thirty, forty, fifty or more....

Ah yes, an allegorical song about the prices of action figures. Razz

I've never ordered from OneSixthKit. Are they reputable when it comes to pre-orders?

Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:  1/6 scale biplane kits do exist and they are even relatively "inexpensive" (probably cheaper than the figure)....

I am sorely tempted! Something like this would be the crown jewel of my action figure collection.

And... with a year lead-out time on the fig, that'd give me a year in which to construct a scale model airplane.  Rolling Eyes

You guys are serious enablers, you know that, right?

Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:
The ones that are out there are a bit simplified as they are made (durably) for the RC flying hobby rather than for display and they seem to be 5-10% undersized anyway. They do represent a unique opportunity for having a 1/6 airplane....

Oh, maaaan!!!! I looked at that 1/6-scale airplane kit on eBay. This purchase just got a lot more difficult to resist. In addition to the triplane model, there are a couple of other German aircraft kits, and even a British Sopwith Pup! Not a Camel, but a Pup! For some reason, I had decided some years ago that if I ever equipped those Pullip dolls with an actual airplane, I wanted it to be a Sopwith Pup! (Or a zeppelin... but that is not exactly practical, even in 1/6 scale).

So... now I need to pre-order Von Richtofen and then scrape up about a grand or two for airplane models.

I wonder what's actually included in those kits? Sometimes those balsa kits only include the wood parts, and all the "detail" parts must be purchased separately.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
You can’t go wrong with Kit. He’s one of the best.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I was going to say, OneSixthKit is probably one of the most reliable out there...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

davidd

davidd
Well... nertz! I couldn't resist this figure for long.

I'll have a year to scrape up the rest of the dosh.

And to come up with an airplane or two.

I pre-ordered the basic model ($173 total price, only $33 pre-order deposit), because I don't really need the dog, and ol' Manny looks kind of silly playing with those toy airplanes.

Besides which, as pictured above, I already have some garishly colored plastic toy airplanes.

Turns out I already had an account with OneSixthKit, altho' I do not recall ever having ordered from them.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I don't think you'll be disappointed, David. And Facepool and OSK (Kit) are both to be trusted.
I like these sets a lot. Great attention to historical detail. The pooch and the toy airplanes are pretty great, and I'm sure Manfred was using them to plan strategic maneuvers... Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum