OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS: ARAGORN : THE BATTLE OF HELM'S DEEP 1/6 SCALE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe editions)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Asmus Toys The Lord of the Rings Series: Aragorn at Helm's Deep

(Product ID: LOTR025)

The Aragorn at Helm’s Deep Sixth Scale Figure features authentic and detailed fully realistic likeness of Aragorn from The Two Towers

· Approximately 30 cm tall

· Over 34 points of articulation

Features :

· Asmus Toys ADAM body

· An authentic likeness of the actor from the film. Side glanced including battle wound on the right cheek.

· One pair of relaxed posture hand

· One pair of weapon holding hand

· One pair of fist posture hand

. One sixth scaled Evenstar

. One pair of two parts boot, enhanced ankle ariticulation

Special features on Clothing:

· One pair of long sleeved undervest

· One pair of long underpants

· One leather vest

· One pair of chainmail like under shirt

· One belt with scabbard

Special features in weapons:

· One ranger sword

· One elven dagger

. One sword scabbard

. One elven dagger scabbard

Accessories:

· One Asmus Toys figure stand

Est. Shipping Date: September 2020

MSRP: 195 USD

NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS: ARAGORN : THE BATTLE OF HELM'S DEEP 1/6 SCALE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe editions) Abhd0010
NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS: ARAGORN : THE BATTLE OF HELM'S DEEP 1/6 SCALE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe editions) Abhd0011
NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS: ARAGORN : THE BATTLE OF HELM'S DEEP 1/6 SCALE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe editions) Abhds010
NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS: ARAGORN : THE BATTLE OF HELM'S DEEP 1/6 SCALE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe editions) Abhds013
NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS: ARAGORN : THE BATTLE OF HELM'S DEEP 1/6 SCALE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe editions) Abhds011
NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS: ARAGORN : THE BATTLE OF HELM'S DEEP 1/6 SCALE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe editions) Abhds012
NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS: ARAGORN : THE BATTLE OF HELM'S DEEP 1/6 SCALE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe editions) Abhds014
NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS: ARAGORN : THE BATTLE OF HELM'S DEEP 1/6 SCALE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe editions) Aragor10

Asmus Toys The Lord of the Rings Series: Aragorn at Helm's Deep

2020 Comicon Exclusive Edition (Product ID: LOTR025EX)

The Aragorn at Helm’s Deep Exclusive Edition Sixth Scale Figure features authentic and detailed fully realistic likeness of Aragorn from The Two Towers

· Approximately 30 cm tall

· Over 34 points of articulation

Features :

· Asmus Toys ADAM body

· An authentic likeness of the actor from the film. Side glanced including battle wound on the right cheek.

· One pair of relaxed posture hand

· One pair of weapon holding hand

· One pair of fist posture hand

. One sixth scaled Evenstar

. One pair of two parts boot, enhanced ankle articulation

Special features on Clothing:

· One pair of long sleeved undervest

· One pair of long underpants

· One leather vest

· One pair of chainmail like under shirt

· One belt with scabbard

Special features in weapons:

· One ranger sword

· One elven dagger

. One sword scabbard

. One elven dagger scabbard

Accessories:

· One Asmus Toys figure stand

Exclusive Edition includes:

. A front glanced head with no wound

. Interactive diorama featuring a pillar and stair case of the keep

Est. Shipping Date: September 2020

MSRP: 289 USD

NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS: ARAGORN : THE BATTLE OF HELM'S DEEP 1/6 SCALE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe editions) Abhd0013
NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS: ARAGORN : THE BATTLE OF HELM'S DEEP 1/6 SCALE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe editions) Abhd0014
NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS: ARAGORN : THE BATTLE OF HELM'S DEEP 1/6 SCALE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe editions) Abhd0012
NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS: ARAGORN : THE BATTLE OF HELM'S DEEP 1/6 SCALE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe editions) Abhd0016
NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS: ARAGORN : THE BATTLE OF HELM'S DEEP 1/6 SCALE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe editions) Abhd0015
NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS: ARAGORN : THE BATTLE OF HELM'S DEEP 1/6 SCALE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe editions) Abhd0017
NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS: ARAGORN : THE BATTLE OF HELM'S DEEP 1/6 SCALE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe editions) Abhd0018
NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS: ARAGORN : THE BATTLE OF HELM'S DEEP 1/6 SCALE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe editions) Abhd0019
NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS: ARAGORN : THE BATTLE OF HELM'S DEEP 1/6 SCALE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe editions) Abhds015
NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS: ARAGORN : THE BATTLE OF HELM'S DEEP 1/6 SCALE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe editions) Abhds017
NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS: ARAGORN : THE BATTLE OF HELM'S DEEP 1/6 SCALE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe editions) Abhds018
NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS: ARAGORN : THE BATTLE OF HELM'S DEEP 1/6 SCALE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe editions) Abhds016
NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS: ARAGORN : THE BATTLE OF HELM'S DEEP 1/6 SCALE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe editions) Abhd0110

#newproduct #Asmus #Aragorn #BattleofHelm'sDeep #LordoftheRings #TwoTowers #male #fantasy #movie

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Hmm, looks very good from some angles, less so from others. I'm not sure they are right to press on with sculpted hair to begin with, or with the degree to which the sculpted one really works. The seam between the head that's sculpted as part of the head and the added on piece on top is a bit too obvious. The pillar and stand base is a sweet addition to the deluxe set, although if they really wanted to make it extra special, they might have paired it with a printed background -- like what DID does with at least some of their figures, using the inside of the box cover and its flaps. Imagine that in the background, and the figure and the pillar and stairs in the foreground, adding extra depth to your little scene.

PS, Mark, thanks to your words of praise, I finally picked up an ACI Aragorn head -- or rather a cast of one, for an indecent price. Still have to paint and hair it.

MerylAkiba

What about the BAF?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yeah, I’m not feeling this at all, which is too bad as Aragorn is my favorite character from those movies. Viggo is apparently for Asmus what Harrison Ford is to Hot Toys. They showed a render of Aragorn on their FB page a while back that looked like a home run, and then this is what we end up with. Sorry to say, I’ll be passing on this one.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS: ARAGORN : THE BATTLE OF HELM'S DEEP 1/6 SCALE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe editions) C8485110

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The Asmus rep just posted that they will be revisiting the head (again) — I guess they are tacking a serious beating on Social Media over what’s been shown. While I’m not all that impressed with the head, I didn’t attack them on it. Asmus is one of only three companies that I know of that actually interacts with collectors, and one of only two that takes input and makes adjustments. I don’t like to come down too hard on them for just that reason, and I feel for them every time they take a shellacking. The cost to produce these things can’t be cheap, and they usually only show stuff that’s already about to be at the production stage. I’m glad, however, that they are willing to revisit this — Aragorn deserves better. I just hope they don’t get to the point where they stop interacting with fans over the constant drubbing.

NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS: ARAGORN : THE BATTLE OF HELM'S DEEP 1/6 SCALE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe editions) C8485110

shazzdan

shazzdan
The headsculpt is worse than their first one. Hopefully their revision will be better. If I like the revision, I'll be ordering one.

Delanie

Delanie
I agree with what every ones says about the HS I have to original one and got the rooted HS which is miles better although the hairline needs altering.

I wish I could afford the dx version if only for the base and gear I could swap the HS around but unfortunately I'm waiting on a bill for the New Gandalf and Galadriel although I'd love the witch king to make into the Litch from the books

one other query "Ranger Sword" did he not have 'Anudril' by this point?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Everyone’s already said what I’m feeling about the head — so frustrating that a favourite character has never thus far gotten a HS treatment worthy of him...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I have the ACI version, and even with the upward looking eyes, I still think it's the best 1/6 head sculpt out there. It gives him the "rugged pretty boy" that Viggo had back then. My one gripe is indeed the direction of the eyes, but at least it's not the usual dead-eye stare that most of these figures get. (I still need to get him out of the box, geared up and mess with the hair to make it look a little greasy; I'm also considering swapping bodies -- but that task seems so daunting, I have yet to do any of the other things that I've mentioned.) I'd get this version, if the head sculpts actually looked good (even with the sculpted hair, which I would probably remove and replace with real hair anyway), but right now... I just can't justify it.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I keep forgetting about that ACI one since it’s no longer available. I guess I meant of the official Asmus ones, it was unfortunate they hadn’t quite gotten him right yet.

And yeah, the sculpted hair wouldn’t stop me anymore as it looks like a separate piece, but as you say, only if the likeness was better.

shazzdan

shazzdan
Delanie wrote:one other query "Ranger Sword" did he not have 'Anudril' by this point?
Not in the movie. Elrond gave it to him in RoTK

Delanie

Delanie
shazzdan wrote:
Delanie wrote:one other query "Ranger Sword" did he not have 'Anudril' by this point?
Not in the movie. Elrond gave it to him in RoTK

Thanks Shazzdan I managed to get a 1/6th Anduril a couple of years ago to fill out my original figure. Sigh I'm still tempted with this one

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Updated head sculpt pics; both the original and new will be included in either the standard or exclusive sets:

NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS: ARAGORN : THE BATTLE OF HELM'S DEEP 1/6 SCALE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe editions) 10280410

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Not bad but still sticking to sculpted hair, I see...

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:Not bad but still sticking to sculpted hair, I see...

Word from them is this won't be offered with rooted; too bad really. But then, I'm sure some enterprising folks such as yourself would be able to remedy that.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'll probably just end up doing the unpainted ACI cast I got...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The updated head does seem better.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum