OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Doctor Octopus Gentlemen we can rebuild him

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Chip

Hi all , so here is the story , I got this bunch of figures for a price I couldn`t resist . There was nothing really outstanding about them , and one or two were missing more parts than others . But I could see potential in them , and I like doing up older figures . " Doc Oc " I hope is the most challenging , he had only one artificial arm left , I will try and explain the fixes as we go ,  thanks to a fellow member giving me the nod , I managed to squeeze in a few how too photos . Another friend also suggested a look on YouTube , and sure enough there was a fix on there , all be it on a smaller scaled figure . These new arms are by no means perfect but they work for me . Hope you like him .

So I used some USB lap top lights for the replacement arms , firstly cutting off the USB plugs  .

Doctor Octopus Gentlemen we can rebuild him  2-P1170692

By drilling into the Docs back , with a drill just wide enough to make the new arms a snug fit , and threading the arms through some suitably sized bolts , I then used an epoxy glue to hold them in place . These were left a day or so to set .

Doctor Octopus Gentlemen we can rebuild him  1-P1170682

I then removed the plastic off the light ends , and painted the inside bulbs with enamel Red Paint .

Doctor Octopus Gentlemen we can rebuild him  3-P1170689

I then needed to come up with something for those claw like hands , so I used these electrics Crocodile clips . Which had to be dismantled , and bent into positions I liked .

Doctor Octopus Gentlemen we can rebuild him  4-P1170703

I then glued these in place and used some shrink tube to secure them further .

Doctor Octopus Gentlemen we can rebuild him  5-P1170720

Doctor Octopus Gentlemen we can rebuild him  6-P1170783

Here are a couple of photos , with the jacket fitted .

Doctor Octopus Gentlemen we can rebuild him  7-P1170804

Doctor Octopus Gentlemen we can rebuild him  8-P1170801

His face was a bit dinged in places so here is the start of touching those up , his nose neck and hair needed a touching up .

Doctor Octopus Gentlemen we can rebuild him  9-P1170696

That`s about it for the fixes , I gave Doc a pair of shades , and this is how he ended up looking .

Doctor Octopus Gentlemen we can rebuild him  10-P1170773

Doctor Octopus Gentlemen we can rebuild him  11-P1170789

Doctor Octopus Gentlemen we can rebuild him  12-P1170781

davidd

davidd
We can rebuild him! Make him better than he was! Better... stronger... faster!

I don't know about faster, but New Doc definitely looks better and stronger! What a brilliant repair... and upgrade! Those new flexible metal arms look far better than the original, and I suspect they offer a much greater range of motion! The new claws look appropriately menacing! Using the shrink-tube to give the claw arms a finished look was a stroke of genius!

Sounds like the repairs will be sturdy, too, with a bolt from the back held in with epoxy!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Excellent and inventive work. I'm glad it came out so good. The only improvement I'd suggest is trying to go over the shiny plastic parts of the body (unless you plan on covering it up) with some matt vernish.

Chip

Thanks Dave , Ian . I think I saved him from the has bin box anyways . I was quite pleased how he worked out in the end .

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
That’s pretty cool using those clips for his claws. Nice rebuild.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Doctor Octopus Gentlemen we can rebuild him  1f10

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
That's an awesome fix, simple and effective too. Your Dr. Oc looks great.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Doctor Octopus Gentlemen we can rebuild him  1f60e

BAMComix

BAMComix
Really nice chip and a great idea for the arms!

Diana

Diana
What a great project and awesome outcome! Love those claws. Great choices all around! Very Happy

Chip

Thanks for the further comments Peeps .

Ephiane

Ephiane
Great Work , Chip ! Having an idea and actually turning it into what you had the image of in your memory is an art.

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
really nice rebuild! Great use of those usb lamps too, with all the tweaks, they look brilliant

https://www.hellblazerbiz.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum