OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Just kitbash things

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26Just kitbash things - Page 2 Empty Re: Just kitbash things Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:59 pm

MeMyself&I

Those heads look fantastic with your paint job, nicely done!

27Just kitbash things - Page 2 Empty Re: Just kitbash things Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:24 pm

Visisonor

It may be due to makeup but I saw Cate Blanchett in her rather than Gal Gadot.
Looks cool anyway.

28Just kitbash things - Page 2 Empty Re: Just kitbash things Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:24 am

skywalkersaga

Oh wow, all of these are looking incredible. You already have an amazing 'style' for your completed figures, and you are also now establishing a recognisable aesthetic for your painted heads, and it's very appealing.

Just wondering, can you link me to that listing of the completely bald Angelina head? It could be useful to my future projects....

29Just kitbash things - Page 2 Empty Re: Just kitbash things Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:39 am

Valiarde

Visisonor wrote:It may be due to makeup but I saw Cate Blanchett in her rather than Gal Gadot.
Looks cool anyway.

I'm pretty happy if the original sculpt isn't isntantly recognisable in this case, as I normally want more "random" persons for my figures than real actor faces. Thanks

skywalkersaga wrote:Oh wow, all of these are looking incredible. You already have an amazing 'style' for your completed figures, and you are also now establishing a recognisable aesthetic for your painted heads, and it's very appealing.

Just wondering, can you link me to that listing of the completely bald Angelina head? It could be useful to my future projects....

Thanks sky  Embarassed Here you go: 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/145354287741?_trkparms=amclksrc%3DITM%26aid%3D1110006%26algo%3DHOMESPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20231107084023%26meid%3Dcee9302ad9e042ec85e3f84cc938f39d%26pid%3D101875%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D155822229151%26itm%3D145354287741%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D0%26pg%3D4429486%26algv%3DSimplAMLv11WebTrimmedV3MskuWithLambda85KnnRecallV1V2V4ItemNrtInQueryAndCassiniVisualRankerAndBertRecallWithVMEV3CPCAuto%26brand%3DUnbranded&_trksid=p4429486.c101875.m1851&amdata=cksum%3A145354287741cee9302ad9e042ec85e3f84cc938f39d%7Cenc%3AAQAIAAABYObhgc4Nk8%252BdtAwOww4FKLaj%252FQ5qqgDlQCuqZA43WcPFUWDERCUugbbOk7XQv0JXlBfqCg2xKF3WcPghxGMFw2oSlXvfExEaMYr7I7LmrHcP6czY1wIMt0ORyKiCWt95xldincyyBx3g%252BNDW%252B%252FhWUgTaBhK6xAm%252BJIbCOMehu%252Bdwgbdon1cRbap5gFDbBIhHxYJYfGkRnCVjPAvVFQD24Z79Z2G1KOuOK8b%252BxOLWBDmtWVg3OrPavV%252FD6%252FBiS7uwKCLYkpUnPhAT6%252BXuHBkTTWHjL235Ly7BLMXqgvqshJ98u%252F6H7u%252BgB1q40wIGDUWMLZmo%252BAZB%252BqexPGtukmS%252B77cAGnZxxetFW8W4SrxVGdsC1wQ%252F2xl4X5Y1avnE%252Bb2xCiC%252FtzXHyTxH8Db7M858cAFApjF2RzVKlRpJM%252B6pBqKhJvSBkXNrtUJYUwS5TWYq%252FSgB38N4mFDLFH9urVA8w3s%253D%7Campid%3APL_CLK%7Cclp%3A4429486 

There should be a few sellers for this one. This one was the least expensive AJ head and I've ordered from that seller before. Will be interested to see what you will be doing with her  Smile

30Just kitbash things - Page 2 Empty Re: Just kitbash things Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:44 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm glad I guessed right. Beautiful work as always.

31Just kitbash things - Page 2 Empty Re: Just kitbash things Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:38 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thank you for the link, Valiarde. I'm really interested to see what you are doing with the one you've just painted!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

32Just kitbash things - Page 2 Empty Re: Just kitbash things Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:18 am

Diana

Diana
They are gorgeous, though I gotta say I recognised Gal right away. Razz It's the lips. 
But I love your paint app! I enjoy your style a lot!

33Just kitbash things - Page 2 Empty Re: Just kitbash things Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:16 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
So cool!

34Just kitbash things - Page 2 Empty Re: Just kitbash things Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:13 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
Winter time = hobby time  Smile   My bicycle is taking a back seat.

Here is another head I bought long ago and hand painted it, but only finished him up a few weeks ago with an airbrush layer and another repaint of the eyes. I think they are still a bit too dark greenish and might have another go. And his beard color on the right is off.

Getting the likeliness correct is end level with Harrison Ford. I really only like some angles (like when he is looking slightly upwards, from the right) and with perfect lighting. Like in my first two pics.
Front view is not that good in my opinion.

Oh and yes, that is not an Indy outfit Razz

Just kitbash things - Page 2 Undefi10

Just kitbash things - Page 2 GHdNlRrh

Just kitbash things - Page 2 54613a10

Just kitbash things - Page 2 031e2610

Just kitbash things - Page 2 11293e10

As always, open for honest opinions and tips. What do you like, what do you dislike here?
Depending on light angle and color, he looks a bit different on each pic.

35Just kitbash things - Page 2 Empty Re: Just kitbash things Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:28 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Pretty cool. Nice to see another Indy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Just kitbash things - Page 2 1f10

36Just kitbash things - Page 2 Empty Re: Just kitbash things Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:56 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I like it. And the attempt to give him real hair. Is this one of those permanently-attached-hat headsculpts? The hat looks just like leather. And the outfit is suitable enough -- he did occasionally put on something else, you know. Smile

37Just kitbash things - Page 2 Empty Re: Just kitbash things Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:14 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow, brave of you to take on the iconic character, and yes... Harrison Ford's likeness is a tough one for even the 'official' figures to get right. Considering that, you did a great job!

I think your eye painting is very convincing. And that is also very adventurous to give him real hair like that!

38Just kitbash things - Page 2 Empty Re: Just kitbash things Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:05 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Thank you all.
To be honest, I also think he looks more like his unknown brother, Oklahoma Jones. Razz But that is okay. I also like the area around the eyes the most. Other parts not so much.

I used this head to try to get a real hair 3 day beard which went horribly wrong in this case. After I brushed over it turned out good enough for me to use the head again.

GubernatorFan wrote:I like it. And the attempt to give him real hair. Is this one of those permanently-attached-hat headsculpts? The hat looks just like leather. And the outfit is suitable enough -- he did occasionally put on something else, you know. Smile

Haha, whaaaat? He did put on other outfits? Smile This one I got for cheap, it is a poptoys treasure hunter outfit or sth.
Yeah that is one of the sculpts with a permanently attached hat. I need to look if I find pics, but I did that one or two years ago.

39Just kitbash things - Page 2 Empty Re: Just kitbash things Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:19 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
He looks amazing! Nice jacket!

40Just kitbash things - Page 2 Empty Re: Just kitbash things Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:57 am

Visisonor

Visisonor
Valiarde wrote:Getting the likeliness correct is end level with Harrison Ford. I really only like some angles
Yeah, it's a problem with pretty much all his headsculpts.
Yours still looks recognizable as Indy, and the paint is really well done.

41Just kitbash things - Page 2 Empty Re: Just kitbash things Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:20 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
Always wanted a nice Daenerys in my (little) GoT collection. So far I wasn't satisfied with the heads (well inart will change that of course, but not sure I'm paying for that line too)

So I was very happy when I finally found a very good sculpt on ebay! 15 bucks and the quality is excellent. Best raw sculpt of her imo. I wonder if it is a Inart Prototype clone already?

Well anyway, I tried my best to paint it. I still need to work on the pupils as I'm not satisfied with the color and luminscence of them. They look like simple paint drops.
Anyway, here is the result:

Just kitbash things - Page 2 Whats149

Just kitbash things - Page 2 Whats148

Just kitbash things - Page 2 Whats146

Just kitbash things - Page 2 Whats147

Just kitbash things - Page 2 Whats150

And a final pic with more dramatic lighting

Overall I'm quiet satisfied with the result. It isn't perfect by any means, but having your own stuff on your shelf is also worth some satisfaction drunken

42Just kitbash things - Page 2 Empty Re: Just kitbash things Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:48 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
That is excellent. Nice work.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

43Just kitbash things - Page 2 Empty Re: Just kitbash things Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:36 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, excellent work Simon. Recognizable and realistic.

44Just kitbash things - Page 2 Empty Re: Just kitbash things Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:28 pm

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
She looks great, agree great painting and her clothing adds a lot here too….which poor soul lost his/her head….?!

45Just kitbash things - Page 2 Empty Re: Just kitbash things Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:26 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Wow! Your paintwork is just superb! The hair in particular is really well done. The dramatic lit pic at the end is top drawer. I think you under estimate your talent my friend.

46Just kitbash things - Page 2 Empty Re: Just kitbash things Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:36 am

Diana

Diana
Awww, what a beautiful head!! And great paint job! She looks beautiful especially within those castle walls. Smile

47Just kitbash things - Page 2 Empty Re: Just kitbash things Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:39 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
She turned out so beautifully, very well done!  Just kitbash things - Page 2 1f60d

48Just kitbash things - Page 2 Empty Re: Just kitbash things Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:36 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
As always. Thanks for your comments. And please also add improvement tips if you have some. This is a trial and error thread.

Diana wrote:Monty is cool! And she fits into your world nicely, though she needs a little Valiarde magic! I don't like those markings on her closed eye. I'm sure you could do waaaay better. Smile

So I tried to improve on the stock head of the melania figure

Just kitbash things - Page 2 Rau01319

Just kitbash things - Page 2 Rau01326

Just kitbash things - Page 2 Rau01329

I also repainted another cheap stock head of that girl with both eyes closed Razz

before (sorry for the bad pic) :
Just kitbash things - Page 2 1113

Just kitbash things - Page 2 Rau01328

Just kitbash things - Page 2 Rau01327

In both cases I added another layer of base color some reddish color to the cheeks, some sprengles on the faces.
For the first one I also repainted the eye a bit. Do you think the closed eye needs eye shadow? Give me your opinion.
Also added blue eyeshadow on the second one as I like the girly style it evokes with the pink hair.  

--------------

I also repaint the elven lady head. But need to do final adjustements.
Not all heads are better than before - but I really like some one of a kind heads in my collection instead of stock heads.  Smile

49Just kitbash things - Page 2 Empty Re: Just kitbash things Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:18 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
You improved the head for sure, though the stylised vibe is still not really my thing.

But wow, I LOVE her outfit , it looks fantastic in your diorama.

50Just kitbash things - Page 2 Empty Re: Just kitbash things Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:47 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
skywalkersaga wrote:You improved the head for sure, though the stylised vibe is still not really my thing.

But wow, I LOVE her outfit , it looks fantastic in your diorama.

I agree, I still don't like that head very much. Both weren't great heads to begin with.

Thanks, I also really like that outfit!

51Just kitbash things - Page 2 Empty Re: Just kitbash things Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:10 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think your work is great as always, I just don't particularly like the look of the closed-eyes heads to begin with. They might still work well in very specific contexts. The one with only one eye closed perhaps could benefit from an eyepatch; the one with both eyes closed might actually work as a crying girl.

52Just kitbash things - Page 2 Empty Re: Just kitbash things Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:02 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
I like the new skin textures of the heads very much. Great work! Like Ian, I not very enthusiastic about the Anime-like sculpts themselves, especially the one with the closed eye. I feel that any more realism in the paintwork will just clash with the stylized geometry of the faces, pushing you deep in the uncanny valley.

53Just kitbash things - Page 2 Empty Re: Just kitbash things Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:25 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Nice job adding depth to these sculpts.

54Just kitbash things - Page 2 Empty Re: Just kitbash things Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:06 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great work

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum