OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: POP MART X Gong Studio 1/12 Kingdom Come Superman

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Visisonor

Visisonor
ETA: Q1 2024
Price: ~$75 USD
NEW PRODUCT: POP MART X Gong Studio 1/12 Kingdom Come Superman 2000x_49

Box contents (judging from the picture):
  • Superman figure
  • 3 pairs of hands
  • Two headsculpts

NEW PRODUCT: POP MART X Gong Studio 1/12 Kingdom Come Superman 2000x_50
NEW PRODUCT: POP MART X Gong Studio 1/12 Kingdom Come Superman 2000x_51
NEW PRODUCT: POP MART X Gong Studio 1/12 Kingdom Come Superman 2000x_53
NEW PRODUCT: POP MART X Gong Studio 1/12 Kingdom Come Superman 2000x_52

There is a right and a wrong in this universe. And that distinction is not hard to make.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ah, a grown up Superman. And short on patience with people's shenanigans, by the sound of it.
Looks good.

Visisonor

Visisonor
Curiously, it is listed under official name, and uses Warner/DC branding.

There was a similar figure from BMS recently, called Return of the King. Seemingly not official.

Diana

Diana
He is gorgeous! I'm not into Superman though.
What's his story of this older Supes? Why the black instead of yellow?

Visisonor

Visisonor
Diana wrote:What's his story of this older Supes? Why the black instead of yellow?
I haven't read the Kingdom Come series.
I know this is an older Superman from an alternative (to mainline DC continuity) future, where he retired but then was forced out of retirement.

Can't find a definitive reason for the logo change, there are conflicting messages regarding whether it was addressed in the story itself (as opposed to follow-up media).
The usual explanations mention either mourning or hope emerging from the darkness.

Diana

Diana
Visisonor wrote:
Diana wrote:What's his story of this older Supes? Why the black instead of yellow?
I haven't read the Kingdom Come series.
I know this is an older Superman from an alternative (to mainline DC continuity) future, where he retired but then was forced out of retirement.

Can't find a definitive reason for the logo change, there are conflicting messages regarding whether it was addressed in the story itself (as opposed to follow-up media).
The usual explanations mention either mourning or hope emerging from the darkness.
I don't recall ever seeing an explanation for the yellow in the original logo, so "alternate universe" is enough of an explanation I suppose.
I think I might be developing a Multiverse-allergy though...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum