OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: Olympus: The Star Chart Series - Scorpio Warrior - Martina (OSC-001), Aries Warrior-Ariel (OSC-003), & 2 Diorama Bases (OSC-002/004)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

skywalkersaga

Diana, yes I noticed the staining on the figures, hence my comment, lol. Not sure I buy that it's 'intentional', but ok.... ;p

Xavion2004

GubernatorFan wrote:
Xavion2004 wrote:You can’t have female 1/6 figures without bare midriffs…can you?

Actually, you can. As much as I love the female form, these bare midriffs and overall over-sexualization have often made me cringe with figures of the type (female warriors), so I think this, as well as the more determined and slightly more mature head sculpts are among the very things making these figures better than the usual product.

I should have put an emoji in there. I was actually poking fun at how prevalent bare midriffs are in female figures. It almost seems like an unwritten rule at times.

Stryker2012

Founding Father
I’m going to have to pass on Scorpio. $400 for a “generic” figure with a base is too much, especially since I’m thinking about getting both of the Medusa figures.

Diana

Stryker2012 wrote:I’m going to have to pass on Scorpio. $400 for a “generic” figure with a base is too much, especially since I’m thinking about getting both of the Medusa figures.

Ouch! That's understandable. I'm guessing shipping is the killer for you in regards to KG?

I just placed an order for both with dioramas and Ahsoka, which saved me quite a bit on shipping, too.

At KG these figures cost 224 USD each.
The dioramas cost 51 USD each.

Ahsoka is at 282 USD and shipping in total came to around 100 bucks. Not bad!

(But this was painful... Really gotta start selling some figures now. Laughing)

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Actually I was looking at them at my preferred “local” sellers. The figures are $300 USD and then another $80 for the bases. They are free shipping eligible, but I’m losing any desire to pay $300 for unlicensed figures that have zero justification for that price. They look cool and all, but no likeness to anyone, no attachment to any IP, so where exactly is the reasoning for a $300 price tag coming from…

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: Olympus: The Star Chart Series - Scorpio Warrior - Martina (OSC-001), Aries Warrior-Ariel (OSC-003), &  2 Diorama Bases (OSC-002/004) - Page 2 1f10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Xavion2004 wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:
Xavion2004 wrote:You can’t have female 1/6 figures without bare midriffs…can you?

Actually, you can. As much as I love the female form, these bare midriffs and overall over-sexualization have often made me cringe with figures of the type (female warriors), so I think this, as well as the more determined and slightly more mature head sculpts are among the very things making these figures better than the usual product.

I should have put an emoji in there.   I was actually poking fun at how prevalent bare midriffs are in female figures.   It almost seems like an unwritten rule at times.

Oh, I totally assumed you were being at least slightly facetious, but they don't call me Captain Obvious for nothing. And I do really like this slightly more serious and therefore more credible aspect of these products.

water lily

Whoa I love Aries' facial design. Doesn't look so 'Chinese' like most games do nowadays. I wish they will make a Capricorn one with strong expression like that. I'm just afraid if this series won't be welcomed much, they will shut it down.  NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: Olympus: The Star Chart Series - Scorpio Warrior - Martina (OSC-001), Aries Warrior-Ariel (OSC-003), &  2 Diorama Bases (OSC-002/004) - Page 2 1f610

Diana

Diana
water lily wrote:Whoa I love Aries' facial design. Doesn't look so 'Chinese' like most games do nowadays. I wish they will make a Capricorn one with strong impression like that. I'm just afraid if this series won't be welcomed much, they will shut it down.  NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: Olympus: The Star Chart Series - Scorpio Warrior - Martina (OSC-001), Aries Warrior-Ariel (OSC-003), &  2 Diorama Bases (OSC-002/004) - Page 2 1f610

Welcome water lily! Very Happy 

I totally share your concern and hope that many many people will pre-order these. I love you

water lily

Diana wrote:
Welcome water lily! Very Happy 

I totally share your concern and hope that many many people will pre-order these. I love you

Hey thanks!
Aries looks so good but it's not my sign. I guess I'll have to be fighting myself again soon.  NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: Olympus: The Star Chart Series - Scorpio Warrior - Martina (OSC-001), Aries Warrior-Ariel (OSC-003), &  2 Diorama Bases (OSC-002/004) - Page 2 1f606

Diana

Diana
LOL, I'm still busy struggling finances from this purchase. Laughing Rolling Eyes

Diana

Diana
I just saw a video of their heads. They were posted in December on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100091428831767

GORGEOUS!!! I can't wait!!! (Well, I suppose I can, but... bounce )

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Diana wrote:I just saw a video of their heads. They were posted in December on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100091428831767

GORGEOUS!!! I can't wait!!! (Well, I suppose I can, but... bounce )
But you don't want to... Smile
I agree, they look great.

itt

itt
*adds the whip and swords to his list of parts to be on the lookout for*

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum