OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Review VeryCool VCF 2062 Human Cloning

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Review VeryCool VCF 2062 Human Cloning Empty Review VeryCool VCF 2062 Human Cloning Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:16 am

Scighera

For this figure I was not able to find a review, so that's why I want to share my thoughts with you about this figure.

First of all,  I am a beginning 1/6 collector,  with a focus on military figures (Damtoys).
I also have some Hot toys figures and VTS figures (From the Division).

I like the RE movies, I know, not very good story but they are fun to watch.

I own the Hot Toys Alice from I think 2013 which I bought 3 months ago for  €245. When I found out that Verycool made an Alice as well, I had to get her. It was very hard to find in Europe and I paid € 230,00 for it (sealed) in an 1/6 online shop.

Let's talk about the points I like, and points that I think could be improved 

Quality 8/10
Overall the figure is good quality. I experienced 2 small issues
-the boot belts of both boots were "Broken" , the glue was not holding well so I had to re-glue them
-removing the hands was easy, placing the new other  supplied hands was a pain. The material of the hands was to stiff, so I had to stretch up the holes in them to be able to attach it to the wrist peg.
-the velcrostraps of the pistolholsters and pouches are not very sticky compared to damtoys

Details 8/10
Overall I was impressed. Metal machetes, worn looked boots with laces, well detailed clothing (the coat has an inner lining and functional pockets) and a very nice looking face sculp.

The hair is rough to get it right. And in my opinion the hands could be less plastic looking. But Overall a very nice figure.

Packaging. 9/10
Not too big, easy to store, nice design

Accessoires 8/10
Good clothing, also a scarf to cover her hair, fitting the look of the character in the movie. Goggles to protect here eyes, 2 machetes, shotgun, 2 pistols with one mag each, wrist bands for each wrist. Etc

There are 3 pairs of hand. 2 pairs of them are with gloves. None of the glove hands are perfect to hold the machetes.

But what am I missing?
- a stand
- 2 more spare mags for the pistols... the holsters both have a pouch attached to store a spare mag, why not provide them with the figure, they allready have the mold. Luckily I had some spare pistol mags from an old figure

Pictures
A visual impression of the build figure. Also a comparison with the RE4 Alice from Hot Toys and a movie screenshot 
Review VeryCool VCF 2062 Human Cloning Resident3-49-1 Review VeryCool VCF 2062 Human Cloning 20231207-141440 Review VeryCool VCF 2062 Human Cloning 20231207-141716 Review VeryCool VCF 2062 Human Cloning 20231207-141739 Review VeryCool VCF 2062 Human Cloning 20231207-141742 Review VeryCool VCF 2062 Human Cloning 20231207-141757 Review VeryCool VCF 2062 Human Cloning 20231207-141821 Review VeryCool VCF 2062 Human Cloning 20231207-141501 Review VeryCool VCF 2062 Human Cloning 20231207-141456 Review VeryCool VCF 2062 Human Cloning 20231207-103011

For the announcement topic with the promo pictures:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t6030-new-product-verycool-1-6-human-cloning-vcf-2062

2Review VeryCool VCF 2062 Human Cloning Empty Re: Review VeryCool VCF 2062 Human Cloning Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:33 am

Diana

Diana
Wow! She looks great! 
I like the boots, despite the troubles. The clothes and face overall, too. Just not so sure about her hair... ^^

Thank you for the review and welcome aboard! Very Happy

3Review VeryCool VCF 2062 Human Cloning Empty Re: Review VeryCool VCF 2062 Human Cloning Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:21 pm

madnug

madnug
The Head sculpt is nice, Verycool's previous release also have nice Milla HS

Scighera

Diana wrote:Wow! She looks great! 
I like the boots, despite the troubles. The clothes and face overall, too. Just not so sure about her hair... ^^

Thank you for the review and welcome aboard! Very Happy
Thanks!

She looks great on the shelf! 

Indeed, the hair is not that good.. luckely she has a scarf to camouflage it. I am still fine-tuning it.

It is a desert figure, but the hair is more dry then the desert sand of the movie. Also very hard to model it .

For 1/6, detailed sculpted hair is often the better way to go I think.

Scighera

madnug wrote:The Head sculpt is nice, Verycool's previous release also have nice Milla HS

Yes I saw those, but not like thebmovie characters.

Hopefully someone is releasing a good Claire Redfield en Carlos.

VTS has a carlos available (as Black storm guard) but I am still deciding if the figure is appealing enough for me to have.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you very much for the review of this nice set. The figure has been out for a while, and is probably becoming scarce, hence the price. Poor glue has been an issue for several companies (notoriously, KausticPlastik). Aren't there several Chris Redfields out there, from awhile back? Whether they are particularly good I wouldn't know, actually.

By the way, to respond to more than one posting in the same post, click the "Multi-Quote" button under each one you would like to include, then click on "postreply" near the bottom right, and type in-between the quoted portions.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great looking Alice!

Scighera

GubernatorFan wrote:Thank you very much for the review of this nice set. The figure has been out for a while, and is probably becoming scarce, hence the price. Poor glue has been an issue for several companies (notoriously, KausticPlastik). Aren't there several Chris Redfields out there, from awhile back? Whether they are particularly good I wouldn't know, actually.

By the way, to respond to more than one posting in the same post, click the "Multi-Quote" button under each one you would like to include, then click on "postreply" near the bottom right, and type in-between the quoted portions.
Good point, and I think the production numbers are also low comparing to Hot Toys.

There are several Chris and Claire Redfield,l figures. both from the games. Damtoys is making them for a big part, as they have the license for the Resifent Evil game figures. They are very expensive (militairy damtoys are about 250-300 USD, Resident Evil Damtoys are about 400 USD.

But nobody has made a movie Claire Redfield yet.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Thanks for the nice review!

Scighera wrote:
There are several Chris and Claire Redfield,l figures. both from the games. Damtoys is making them for a big part, as they have the license for the Resifent Evil game figures. They are very expensive (militairy damtoys are about 250-300 USD, Resident Evil Damtoys are about 400 USD.

To my knowledge there has been a Claire Redfield from one of the CGI movies made by HotHeart called "Living Dead Ms.Red" several years ago. Copies of the head sculpt still can be found on eBay. Please see here...

https://www.ebay.de/itm/223732236455

10Review VeryCool VCF 2062 Human Cloning Empty Re: Review VeryCool VCF 2062 Human Cloning Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:06 am

madnug

madnug
There is an actual movie actor figure of claire based on the RE welcome to raccoon city.
but the likeness is off though.

Review VeryCool VCF 2062 Human Cloning Remc10
Review VeryCool VCF 2062 Human Cloning Rewtrc10

11Review VeryCool VCF 2062 Human Cloning Empty Re: Review VeryCool VCF 2062 Human Cloning Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:52 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Randam Hajile wrote:Thanks for the nice review!

Scighera wrote:

To my knowledge there has been a Claire Redfield from one of the CGI movies made by HotHeart called "Living Dead Ms.Red" several years ago. Copies of the head sculpt still can be found on eBay. Please see here...

Oh, stupid me. Embarassed Laughing I always forget that Ali Larter was supposed to be Claire Redfield in Paul Anderson's movies. You are completely right that we never got a figure with her likeness.

12Review VeryCool VCF 2062 Human Cloning Empty Re: Review VeryCool VCF 2062 Human Cloning Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:41 pm

Scighera

madnug wrote:There is an actual movie actor figure of claire based on the RE welcome to raccoon city.
but the likeness is off though.

Review VeryCool VCF 2062 Human Cloning Remc10
Review VeryCool VCF 2062 Human Cloning Rewtrc10

Thanks for the tip! She is a different actrice then in the other movies, but worth checking it out.

Randam Hajile wrote:
Randam Hajile wrote:Thanks for the nice review!

Scighera wrote:

Oh, stupid me. Embarassed Laughing  I always forget that Ali Larter was supposed to be Claire Redfield in Paul Anderson's movies. You are completely right that we never got a figure with her likeness.

No problem! Thank you for thinking along (if I translate it correctly)

I think the market is too small to justify making the molds I think, but it will be a welcome HS variant for a 3rd party manufacturer.[/quote]

13Review VeryCool VCF 2062 Human Cloning Empty Re: Review VeryCool VCF 2062 Human Cloning Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:40 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
what a really realistic version of the film character in 1:6. I wouldn't want to mess with her.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum