OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who says that those figures with "wobbly feet" cannot stand?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

one/sixth-uals

one/sixth-uals
Dear all,

it is of course true - all those TbLeague and JIAOU figures with seamless soft and "wobbly" feet that cannot be attached, cannot stand on their own. They always need some support, hold onto something, or lean against something.

Now what better can there be for a female doll to lean on a man while dancing? OK, they could lean against another female doll LOL

Here I made a dance scene with doll pairs. The female doll bodies are examples of bodies with the "usual" wobbly feet: S07, S09, and 09F-KT.
The guys are low-cost plastic bodies with detachable but rigid feet.

It took quite a while to get these standing OK: both dolls in each pair lean against each other and hereby support themselves in a very fragile and quite unstable equilibrium.

I also needed to use a non-slip ground surface - which does not look like it is ideal for dancing, but it is ideal for standing and taking pictures Smile

So here is the proof: wobbly feet dolls can stand!

Who says that those figures with "wobbly feet" cannot stand? Img_2040

Here is from a further distance with the floor and how they actually stand without external support:

Who says that those figures with "wobbly feet" cannot stand? Img_2048

And here is the whole setup:

Who says that those figures with "wobbly feet" cannot stand? Img_2042

A few more of the close-up pics:

Who says that those figures with "wobbly feet" cannot stand? Img_2043
Who says that those figures with "wobbly feet" cannot stand? Img_2044
Who says that those figures with "wobbly feet" cannot stand? Img_2045

My plan is to have 8 couples dancing here on a New Years Ball. Not sure I can set this up, as the standing is very fragile and instable... the doll pairs kept falling at each little disturbance.

One/Sixth-uals - sexy scenes with 1/6 dolls
OneSixthuals on DeviantArt: photo stories and pictures with my sexy dolls (many NSFW)
OneSixthuals on Flickr: pictures of my dolls (SFW)
https://www.onesixthuals.com

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Excellent solution to a common problem! And thematically justified to boot! Technical correction -- it is not that they can stand (on their own), they can be propped up (by others). But still, you achieved the effect. Ironically, Pierce Brosnan (?) seems to be propped up by his dance partner (Famke Janssen?), but maybe he had a bit much to drink. Smile

one/sixth-uals

one/sixth-uals
GubernatorFan wrote:Excellent solution to a common problem! And thematically justified to boot! Technical correction -- it is not that they can stand (on their own), they can be propped up (by others). But still, you achieved the effect. Ironically, Pierce Brosnan (?) seems to be propped up by his dance partner (Famke Janssen?), but maybe he had a bit much to drink. Smile

Yes, you are correct: none is really standing, they are just leaning against each other. Problem with those cheap male doll bodies: they do not keep their pose well. That is why his head is tilting.

Not sure if this is Pierce - I did not pay attention when ordering these male heads. His partner is supposed to be Audrey Hepburn (made by Mnoth?), but only vaguely looks like her. I still call her Audrey, for her elegant and sophisticated look.

And after they fell (again), I propped them up (again).

Who says that those figures with "wobbly feet" cannot stand? Img_2052

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
one/sixth-uals wrote:Yes, you are correct: none is really standing, they are just leaning against each other. Problem with those cheap male doll bodies: they do not keep their pose well. That is why his head is tilting.

Not sure if this is Pierce - I did not pay attention when ordering these male heads. His partner is supposed to be Audrey Hepburn (made by Mnoth?), but only vaguely looks like her. I still call her Audrey, for her elegant and sophisticated look.

And after they fell (again), I propped them up (again).

That's the way it works, with action figures. Smile
I just remembered/realized, after reading this, that these are regular plastic male bodies vs stainless steel skeleton and TPE seamless female bodies. I can see why they both need to lean on each other. If both bodies were stainless steel skeleton and TPE, you would have had an easier time just leaning the floppy-footed females against the free-standing males, to a point.
And thanks for identifying Audrey. I am not so familiar with her as to be able to exclude the resemblance.

ukshaun

ukshaun
Backdrop works very well..

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

one/sixth-uals

one/sixth-uals
ukshaun wrote:Backdrop works very well..

Thank you!

In the newest pictures (after those posted so far) I have actually ironed the backdrop, to get rid of those vertical folding marks.

The backdrop is 90cm x 60cm, I got it from AliExpress. They do have a very nice collection of various backdrops in all sizes and styles.

OneSixthuals on DeviantArt: photo stories and pictures with my sexy dolls (many NSFW)

one/sixth-uals

one/sixth-uals
GubernatorFan wrote:
That's the way it works, with action figures. Smile
I just remembered/realized, after reading this, that these are regular plastic male bodies vs stainless steel skeleton and TPE seamless female bodies. I can see why they both need to lean on each other. If both bodies were stainless steel skeleton and TPE, you would have had an easier time just leaning the floppy-footed females against the free-standing males, to a point.
And thanks for identifying Audrey. I am not so familiar with her as to be able to exclude the resemblance.

You are absolutely right - those plastic men are not a big help to my steel-sceleton ladies. But at least it works somehow, although very fragile standing. It took quite a while to get 3 pairs on the dance floor.
My ambition is, however, to get 8 pairs simultaneously standing...

csyeung

csyeung
Nice job!

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
Goodness, I wish you a lot of balancing patience and luck to get 8 couples dancing…….looks like you are making good progress though!

10Who says that those figures with "wobbly feet" cannot stand? Empty 8 doll couples standing on the dance floor Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:02 pm

one/sixth-uals

one/sixth-uals
And here it is: after lots of falling and propping up again, finally I got the 8 doll pairs standing.

Who says that those figures with "wobbly feet" cannot stand? Img_2053

Here is how the setup looks from above:

Who says that those figures with "wobbly feet" cannot stand? Img_2055

All the females wear of course high heels.

The guys are not really properly dressed, but unfortunately I do have too few of those finer wardrobe pieces for them. Also need to get for them more appropriate shoes - sneakers are not suitable for dancing of for such a festive occasion.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Getting all 8 to stand must have taken some time, specially since they are freestanding. Great job!

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Who says that those figures with "wobbly feet" cannot stand? 1f60e

one/sixth-uals

one/sixth-uals
Theboo-bomb wrote:Getting all 8 to stand must have taken some time, specially since they are freestanding. Great job!

Thank you! They fell so often, and I had to prop them up again, that I how have quite some good practise with it.
First the female needs to "stand", meaning her two feet with the heeled shoes touch the ground firmly. Since these are two points of contact, the doll can fall forward or backward, around the axis formed by these two points.
One now needs to get a third point of contact, which is not on this axis. The further away this point is from that axis, the more stable the doll will stand. Here is where the male doll comes in: it is placed close to the doll, so that she can slightly lean onto him. Of course he also must stand stable on his feet, and needs to slightly fall towards her. Now the two dolls need to touch each other, and then they stand firmly. Best would be if they get really attached to each other, e.g. by some Velcro or similar - this would ensure that they form together one stable unit. But in my setups here I have not done that - the dolls just stand, leaning at each other, and being held in place by their arms. Their hands also touch, but that does unfortunately not provide any stability. Must be done for optical reasons - otherwise they would not be dancing properly.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
I’ve had to do something similar with a few figures that couldn’t stand unaided. Nice job.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Who says that those figures with "wobbly feet" cannot stand? 1f10

Diana

Diana
Haha, you did it! Congrats! I have a group of four on display and I'm at the maximum of my limits. The domino effect is a cruel thing. Laughing

one/sixth-uals

one/sixth-uals
Diana wrote:Haha, you did it! Congrats! I have a group of four on display and I'm at the maximum of my limits. The domino effect is a cruel thing. Laughing

Yes, I am very glad that they did stand at least for as long as it took me to take a few shots - before they fell.

The number of pairs is limited... because I only have 8 men dolls.
But I am thinking of having a few more women standing there and watching the dance - or dancing with each other.

More challenges ahead.... Smile))

davidd

davidd
Nice work with the precision balancing act! Especially considering the "wobbly feet" on many of the figures! cheers

Visisonor

Visisonor
That is impressive, and worth the effort.
The domino effect can be frustrating even with figures that can stand without support.

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
Making them stand right is really a pain process....glad you make them work so well XDD

https://www.deviantart.com/lawlaw91

BAMComix

BAMComix
Lovely flowing images my friend. They really do seem to be enjoying themselves! Nicely done.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum