OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Zes

Spartan06 wrote:Nice work on the figures!  I was wondering about the body makeup on these characters, and it's good to know an artist was adding something not normally in the box.  

Thanks for sharing these.

It's not just makeup; the silicone is also modified, and new silicone is added. It's more obvious with the "uncensored" pictures of the body, but I don't think I can post them.

GubernatorFan wrote:The look you were going for is not one that works for me, personally, but your customization worked out very well. I would have used a smaller-breasted body, but I suppose that's me missing the point. I like the repaint better than the original, and I assumed you were going for this otherwise disconcerting expression. The hassle of having to buy multiple pieces for the same thing until one fits is familiar, and you were indeed lucky with finding them first time you tried.

Yep, disconcerting sounds about right for these two figures. The next few customs I have will look more "regular." I have a Star Wars custom in the works that I think you'll like.

Randam Hajile wrote:Interesting custom figures, although I don't really understand the attraction of this nun costumes. Possibly I'm just too old Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 1f60b

I really like the repainted heads and the custom hair. Very well done.

I don't get it either, but I just really liked how the i8Toys Zero looked in that pose holding the rope. And I had that outfit laying around since I bought the set for the Zero Head Sculpt, mostly.

BAMComix

Ha! The nun came out really well didn't she? I think when it comes to building a character, or kitbash we all have our own ideas of how to go about it. I think for the theme of the fig you were going for, your choices worked out well. Body shapes in figures is a lot like real life, not everyone will be happy with certain looks, but if you like it, then ts a win in my book Wink . Nice work.

Zes

BAMComix wrote:Ha! The nun came out really well didn't she? I think when it comes to building a character, or kitbash we all have our own ideas of how to go about it. I think for the theme of the fig you were going for, your choices worked out well. Body shapes in figures is a lot like real life, not everyone will be happy with certain looks, but if you like it, then ts a win in my book Wink . Nice work.

Thanks! Yeah, when this i8Toys set was released, I was scouring Taobao for in-hand pictures. I did not want to use a Worldbox body like in the promotional pics since the joints would be visible. It was interesting to see that they were selling the set bundled with an S42 body on Taobao. I took a look, and the proportions did look good, so I decided to go with the similar S52 body.

Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 Ezgif_10

BAMComix

and it worked out beautifully in my opinion Very Happy .

madnug

madnug
Randam Hajile wrote:Interesting custom figures, although I don't really understand the attraction of this nun costumes. Possibly I'm just too old Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 1f60b

I really like the repainted heads and the custom hair. Very well done.

the nun costume have made some appearance in anime, video game and cosplaying.. Bayonetta is also a nun..

the western characters with nun costume would be the Assassins Nun in the Hitman Video game.

There are several Nun costumes ive seen made by SA Toys, i guess its to further additions of costume other than Maid costume

Tasuke

Tasuke
Congrats, i couldn't Recommend the WorldBox more, for the more nominally-sized 1/6 Doll Heads out there.

the AT203 Dropped last year, and was just the Answer to pull my old TSUKUDA HOBBY Shaorin out of the purgatory her Gangly stock TH body had her in.

Now if WB issued the AT203 in a Peachy Skintone... then my Shao would be just about Perfect♥

Spoiler:

Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 Shaorin_Fresh_Spring_Undies_12-2-23_1_RESIZE_40

Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 Shaorin_Schoolgirl_11-27-23_6

Zes

Zes
Tasuke wrote:Congrats, i couldn't Recommend the WorldBox more, for the more nominally-sized 1/6 Doll Heads out there.

the AT203 Dropped last year, and was just the Answer to pull my old TSUKUDA HOBBY Shaorin out of the purgatory her Gangly stock TH body had her in.

Now if WB issued the AT203 in a Peachy Skintone... then my Shao would be just about Perfect♥

Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 Shaorin_Fresh_Spring_Undies_12-2-23_1_RESIZE_40

Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 Shaorin_Schoolgirl_11-27-23_6

Shaorin looks great! I particularly like that rooted hair color. It's similar to my nun figure. Regarding the skintone on the WB body, I'm not sure if they would deviate from the normal pale/light-tan/tan bodies, unfortunately. Maybe Jiaou Doll makes skintones that will better match Shaorin's head sculpt.

I also collect these anime-styled head sculpts. Here's one of mine. The head is an Obitsu 27HD, and the body is a LDDoll 27XL.

Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 29417810

It's meant to be C.C. from Code Geass. The character loves eating pizza, lol.

Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 Gbe6mp10

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
Zes, if I may, I’d like to request a review of the lddoll(s) you have, or would at least those that make sense to review. I think Gub did a review awhile back, but seeing as they seem to be your go-to, I’d be curious to see what you think and why. If you have time, as much detail on them as possible (differences between model numbers especially), would be most appreciated!

If you have time and are willing of course!

Zes

Zes
MeMyself&I wrote:Zes, if I may, I’d like to request a review of the lddoll(s) you have, or would at least those that make sense to review. I think Gub did a review awhile back, but seeing as they seem to be your go-to, I’d be curious to see what you think and why. If you have time, as much detail on them as possible (differences between model numbers especially), would be most appreciated!

I can write a review for sure, but it'll have to wait until I get a new LDDoll body. I treat my seamless figures like statues; I don't repose them once I have them fixed into a pose I like. I should be picking up a new one relatively soon.

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
Zes wrote:
MeMyself&I wrote:Zes, if I may, I’d like to request a review of the lddoll(s) you have, or would at least those that make sense to review. I think Gub did a review awhile back, but seeing as they seem to be your go-to, I’d be curious to see what you think and why. If you have time, as much detail on them as possible (differences between model numbers especially), would be most appreciated!

I can write a review for sure, but it'll have to wait until I get a new LDDoll body. I treat my seamless figures like statues; I don't repose them once I have them fixed into a pose I like. I should be picking up a new one relatively soon.

Absolutely no rush! And I appreciate that mentality. I’m very much the same way.

Zes

Zes
Figure Build 3: D.Va from Overwatch

So I was on Blackopstoys looking for some 1/6 guns and other Easy&Simple gear. This was back around Black Friday, and I decided to check out their clearance sale. I saw that they had the ASToys Xiao Na on sale for $90, which was a pretty good price considering the figure had been out for a few years at that point. Xiao Na, aka D.Va from Overwatch.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3475-new-product-astoys-as059-1-6-scale-cosplay-girl-figure

Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 9_895210

I had been on the fence regarding picking this figure up but decided to finally go for it since she was on clearance. This figure has been out for a while, and there are plenty of reviews already on it, so I don't want to get into that. But to summarize, there are several problems with this figure. Here are a few issues with the figure, or at least what I perceive to be issues:

• The body ASToys used is just awful; there's no articulation

• There's only two pair of hands, limiting potential for posing

• Her pistol is not accurate

• The proportions of the figure are off. D.Va is more petite and has an anime-styled hourglass figure. Similar to the TBLeague S36/S37

I could go on, but you get the idea. There's a few videos on this figure that highlight these issues well. So you might be asking, despite all these issues, why did I decide to pick up the figure? That would indeed be a valid point to make. I decided to get this figure to improve on one of my old D.Va customs that I had commissioned back in 2019, or about 5 years ago.

I specifically wanted the suit since it is the most accurate D.Va suit out on the 1/6 scale market. I then wanted to see if I could salvage parts of the suit to create a more petite, anime-styled look for D.Va. So here's the body:

Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 Img_e627

The body had been sitting in storage for a few months at this point, and I had already chucked the stock head sculpt and pistol that came with the set. I'll be attempting to recreate the suit using the TBLeague S37 body. This body was a clear choice since it is TBLeague's most "anime-styled" body. The breast size is a bit large for the character, but I wasn't aiming for 100% accuracy.

Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 Censor10

The hands from the ASToys set were salvageable. I just had to drill into the hand to fit the TBLeague hand peg.

Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 Img_e628

I decided to use a custom D.Va suit from goldenstreet_88 on Taobao. There are a few other suits on the market, but since these are made to order, I was able to specify that I wanted the medium size. This size is suitable for the smaller TBLeague bodies such as the S26, S24, S36, S44, etc.

Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 O1cn0115
Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 Img_e629
Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 Img_e630

So some cornstarch and patience later, I successfully got the suit on the S37 body. It's quite a good fit!

Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 Img_e631

And now the fun part. I'll be attempting to rip apart the ASToys Xiao Na body and add the various bits and pieces to the custom bodysuit on the S37 body. Here's how that turned out:

Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 Img_e632
Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 Img_e633

Essentially, I just broke apart the ASToys body and glued those pieces to this custom bodysuit. I realized I made a mistake when glueing the heel to her left leg. The bodysuit was misaligned, and I don't think I can fix it without damaging the fabric. I was really knocking myself for that one. scratch Here's a comparison with the stock ASToys body:

Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 Img_e635
Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 Img_e634

Hopefully, this comparison conveys the look I was going for. I was debating whether I wanted to add the collar piece or not. I ultimately decided against it since it was too bulky. I think the printed design on the bodysuit is good enough.

Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 Img_e637
Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 Img_e636

I mentioned earlier that there were some inaccuracies with the stock pistol from ASToys. The bunny ears on the front sight were missing, as well as the bunny charm on the magazine. I decided to 3D print my own pistol.

Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 Img_e638

I also mentioned this suit will be used to improve one of my old figures in 2019. Back then, I had commissioned this head sculpt of a "stylized" D.Va. This was before the ASToys Xiao Na was even announced.

Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 74692510

This head was made from an Obistu 27HD. It's a simple, unpainted vinyl head that is very versatile when it comes to customs. They fit well on most of the smaller TBLeague bodies. I think the promotional images for the TBLeague S26 body even featured these Obitsu 27HD heads. In fact, most of my 1/6 female figures use these heads. They're great!

Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 27hd-f10

The design for D.Va was inspired by this 3D art where the artist gave her a ponytail and side bangs.

Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 Fe595d10

Lastly, here's everything put together.

Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 Img_e639
Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 Img_e641
Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 Img_e640

I was surprised to see that the headset from the ASToys set was compatible with the Obitsu 27HD head sculpt. I expected it to be much larger, but the size ended up being a perfect fit. It's definitely a rare case, as most headbands/headsets on the market do not fit these Obitsu heads.

Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 Img_e642

I think adding those bits and pieces from the ASToys suit helps to sell the illusion that this isn't a skintight bodysuit. But from other angles, it is very apparent that it is haha.

Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 Img_e643
Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 Img_e644
Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 Img_e645

That's pretty much it for this build. I had this custom on the back burner for a few years but finally decided to finish it thanks to me being able to find that ASToys set on clearance.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Wow, what a difference. The body swap worked out beautifully and the custom head is so much more attractive than the one from the set. Well done!

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
That’s an impressive build. She turned out great.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 1f10

Visisonor

Visisonor
The suit reminds me of NGE plugsuits. I've stumbled upon it on eBay a few times, maybe in in 1/12 scale, and wondered what it was from.

Looks much better with seamless body, and a great custom overall.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Nicely done!

Valiarde

Valiarde
Nice character! I do like the head here of that Overwatch(?) character

Zes

Zes
GubernatorFan wrote:Wow, what a difference. The body swap worked out beautifully and the custom head is so much more attractive than the one from the set. Well done!

Stryker2012 wrote:That’s an impressive build. She turned out great.

BAMComix wrote:Nicely done!

Thanks all! This is another one of those rare cases where everything fits together from concept to execution.

Valiarde wrote:Nice character! I do like the head here of that Overwatch(?) character

Yep, it's supposed to be D.Va from Overwatch, albeit more stylized.

Visisonor wrote:The suit reminds me of NGE plugsuits. I've stumbled upon it on eBay a few times, maybe in in 1/12 scale, and wondered what it was from.

Looks much better with seamless body, and a great custom overall.

Yeah, it is similar to the NGE plugsuits. goldenstreet_88 also sells pretty much every variation of the plugsuit (Rei, Asuka, Mari, etc.) Five years ago, there were no 1/6-scale fabric-printed outfits on the market, but I guess they have perfected the technology since then.

Zes

Zes
MeMyself&I wrote:
Zes wrote:

Absolutely no rush! And I appreciate that mentality. I’m very much the same way.

I was browsing LD Dolls on Taobao yesterday and was about to buy my usual LDDoll 27XL body, but then I saw this new release by UD Doll (I guess they call themselves UANDD now). It looked pretty interesting, so I decided to give this one a try instead. I'm not sure what the exact name of the body is but it translates to "UD slim waist and wide hips version of 3D game model" (ud 细腰宽臀版 3d游戏模型) I'm also not sure what they were going for, but if I had to guess, I'd say it's supposed to be a typical stylized female video game character body. Like Tifa from Final Fantasy or 2B from Nier Automata. It also reminds me of the recently announced Verycool bodies.

Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 O1cn0116
Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 O1cn0117

I'll write a review of it once I get it in hand. I'll try to be detailed, but I might be lacking bodies to do a proper comparison. I do have a spare Worldbox AT203 and TBLeague S42 body lying around so those will maybe suffice.

ElBundy

ElBundy
Some interesting pictures in this thread. Thx! Btw: Cool avatar pic!

Zes

Zes
ElBundy wrote:Some interesting pictures in this thread. Thx! Btw: Cool avatar pic!

Glad you found 'em interesting! Thanks; that's another one of my older figures.

Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 Dq10

I'll need to revisit that outfit and pose at some point. It's hard to find an appropriate demon- or succubus-style outfit. I think I might replace the outfit with an old Armshead set.

Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 Armshe10

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
Zes wrote:I'll write a review of it once I get it in hand. I'll try to be detailed, but I might be lacking bodies to do a proper comparison. I do have a spare Worldbox AT203 and TBLeague S42 body lying around so those will maybe suffice.

Interesting. Where do you purchase these and/or do these companies have a site to visit? Both LDDoll and UANDD. I’d like to browse.

And I have both the 203 and S42, so that’ll be a handy comparison!

Visisonor

Visisonor
So this UANDD body seems to be fully seamless, hands and feet included.
Are these LDDoll - the ones you already have - like that too?
Can they stand on their own?
Or bend their fingers?
Thanks.

Zes

Zes
MeMyself&I wrote:
Zes wrote:I'll write a review of it once I get it in hand. I'll try to be detailed, but I might be lacking bodies to do a proper comparison. I do have a spare Worldbox AT203 and TBLeague S42 body lying around so those will maybe suffice.

Interesting. Where do you purchase these and/or do these companies have a  site to visit? Both LDDoll and UANDD. I’d like to browse.

And I have both the 203 and S42, so that’ll be a handy comparison!

I buy the bodies directly from LDDoll and UANDD on Taobao. It ends up being cheaper than buying them from a third-party seller on eBay, for example.

LDDoll: https://shop60087782.taobao.com (also on http://lddoll.com)
UANDD: https://shop73144384.taobao.com

Visisonor wrote:So this UANDD body seems to be fully seamless, hands and feet included.
Are these LDDoll - the ones you already have - like that too?
Can they stand on their own?
Or bend their fingers?
Thanks.

Yep, the LDDoll bodies I own are fully seamless (both hands & feet). I can't say for the UANDD bodies, but the LDDoll bodies I own cannot stand. That's pretty much why I have all of mine in sitting poses. They can bend their fingers, but you have to pay for that option. Each finger has an individual wire for posing.

This is from LDDoll's page:

Spoiler:

The only issue with these seamless hands is that they can't really support the weight of heavy objects like rifles, swords, etc.

BAMComix

BAMComix
More quality figures and bashes!

Zes

Zes
Figure Build 4: Black Cat from Spider-Man

Hey all, I'm back with another build. So recently, I found myself gravitating toward the Hot Toys Spider-Man figures, particularly the ones based on comic book suits. I currently only own one 1/6 Spider-Man, which is the Classic Suit from the PS4 videogame. In my opinion, this is the quintessential comic book look. A classic suit with a modern flair.
Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 Spider10

I also have a couple more figures ordered, and again, both of these are comic book suits. I don't really care for the movie suits (Maguire, Garfield, Holland, etc.)
Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 Peter-10
Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 Peter-11

I found myself wanting to add a 1/6-scale Black Cat to the collection. Her and Spider-Man are probably my favorite comic book couple. The problem is that I doubt Hot Toys or any reputable manufacturer will make a licensed figure of Black Cat with a comic book-inspired outfit. I think it is too "revealing" for the current day.

Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 4_9pmt10

So, I had to turn to the unlicensed manufacturers to find a 1/6-scale Black Cat figure. Luckily, I saw that Verycool had made a Black Cat figure back in 2019. I'm late to the party regarding this figure, I know.
Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 21_hrq10

Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 13_gcd10

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1533-new-product-verycool-accessories-series-1-6-catwoman-catwoman-set-including-head-carving-vcl-1001

So now I was tasked with finding this Verycool kit that was almost five years old at the time of writing. The kit was sold out pretty much everywhere, but I luckily managed to find a brand new VCL-1001 kit on Yahoo Auctions Japan. The seller was based in Hong Kong and sold to Japanese customers. So, I had to use a proxy to order it. I was thinking it was a scam, but I lucked out. Though I did pay an aftermarket price of roughly 1.5x the retail cost.
Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 Img_e710

Now, while the kit itself is high quality for the most part, I do have a bone to pick with some aspects of the kit. To start with the positives, the suit is gorgeous with a nice hexagonal pattern. The quality of the suit is comparable to Hot Toys. Though I do think there is an issue with the faux fur, as it easily flakes off, maybe that was just me being too rough with it. Anyway, the major problem I had was with the head sculpt.
Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 Img_e711

The sculpt doesn't look like what I imagined Black Cat looking like when portrayed in a realistic style instead of the usual comic book style. I wanted a sculpt that had the playful, seductive expression that she is known for. Also, the rooted hair is the wrong color. It is a warm white, almost gray, hair that should have been pure white. I might be biased here, but I also don't like open-mouthed expressions on head sculpts.

Another issue I had was with the mask. The shape of the mask makes it difficult to wear on the head. It also has two holes on the left and right sides, which accommodate an elastic string as part of the attaching mechanism. I think it looks very unsightly.
Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 Img_e712

I was looking for inspiration on how Black Cat might look with a realistic style and turned to the cosplay scene. I found some examples that I think looked suitable for what I envisioned.
Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 2023-010
Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 1610

So, basically, I wanted to create a new Black Cat head sculpt. I more or less scoured the entire 1/6 head sculpt market to find a suitable sculpt. I wanted one with the aforementioned seductive, playful expression and one not based on an IRL person. Lastly, I wanted a head sculpt with a suntan skin tone to match the original head. I settled on a head sculpt by Super Duck, the SDH040.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t6149-new-product-super-duck-1-6-sdh040-mixed-blood-female-head-sculpture-ab-c-d-four-styles
Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 1_taqv10

This head sculpt fits the criteria I mentioned. It has the correct skin tone, has a playful smile, and is not based on an IRL person. The next thing to do was to find a suitable body. Verycool suggested using the S23B, S19B, or S21B bodies. I wanted to use a body that was slightly smaller since I wanted her to scale well when compared to the Hot Toys Spider-Man figures. The older TBLeague bodies tend to run on the tall side. I ended up getting the more petite S33B suntan body.
Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 S-l16010

The skin tone of the body was a 100% match for the head sculpt.
Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 Guftnl13

Next, I would need to find suitable hair for rerooting. For some reason, finding pure white hair is extremely difficult. The white hair ends up being either warm white or cool white. After carefully searching, I managed to find a seller on Taobao that sold pure white hair.
Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 Img_6610

I picked up more than needed for one head sculpt since this is a new material for rooted hair, and I wanted to make sure I sent the artist I work with plenty of hair to experiment with. In the comic books, Black Cat is sometimes depicted wearing earrings, so I wanted to add that to the head sculpt. I purchased these 1mm fake pearl beads on eBay years ago. I've used them on some other head sculpts in the past.
Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 Img_6611

Next up would be finding a replacement for the mask. Instead of searching the 1/6-scale market for other 1/6 masks, I figured it would be easier to go the 3D printed route. I looked for Black Cat masks intended for cosplay. I found one on Cults3D.

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/fashion/black-cat-mask
Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 Untitl10
Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 1b3ca310

One issue with using .STL files meant for cosplay and scaling them down to 1/6 scale is that the parts can end up being extremely thin. This was the case here. Luckily, I know a guy who is a full-time 3D printer and has printed tons of my stuff in the past. I figured he would be able to tackle it. Using the Chitubox software, I scaled down the 1/1 scale mask to 1/6 scale. Because there is usually some variance between 1/6 head sculpts, i.e., some head sculpts are bigger than others, I decided to scale the base 1/6 mask by ±2.5% and ±5.0%. This way, I would have a good selection of 1/6 scale mask sizes to choose from, and hopefully one of them will work for the SDH040 head.
Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 7_ln3i10

The masks were printed successfully, and I found one size that was a perfect match for the SDH040 head. One thing to note is that with this particular mask sculpt, the eyebrows on the head sculpt will be essentially hidden. Not a big deal for me, though.
Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 8_mp4610

With all the "logistics" taken care of, I sent everything to Headartfactory, the artist I work with, for the repainting and rerooting. I specified I wanted blue eyes, red lipstick, and real eyelashes. Here's what that ended up looking like:

Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 Dsc_0513
Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 Dsc_0512
Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 Dsc_0514

Now that I have the head sculpt, we can proceed with the build itself.
Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 Img_e713

There are two small modifications I am making to her outfit. I'm adding a split ring to her zipper, like how she is depicted in most comic book appearances. Secondly, I'm replacing the stock whip. The stock whip is too short and is not tapered at the end. I found a 1/6 "Catwoman?" whip on eBay that looked suitable. It has a cool cat head sculpt on the handle of the whip.

Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 Ezgif_11

As mentioned previously, I'm using the S33B body. Though I source my bodies from a Japanese artist on Yahoo Auctions that customizes them. I'm glad I do too; as many of you know, TBLeague now censors all their bodies. Here's what that body looks like, if anyone's curious.

Image removed on request.

I just contact the seller, tell them the body I want, and what customization I'm looking for. I told the seller I wanted the body to have large areolas since I wanted them to "peek" through the outfit.
Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 Img_e716

Putting on the suit was much more difficult than I had imagined. I figured I'd have an easy time if I applied cornstarch before attempting to do so. But, no, putting the outfit on took almost half an hour. My fingers were throbbing after all that tugging. The material used for the suit is great; there was no damage even after all that pulling.

For the pose, I ended up going for this one. Credit goes to csyeung for posting this picture in an older thread.
Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 2_r9r710

Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 Img_e717

I did realize after taking photos that I had set up the belt wrong. The loops were not adjusted properly. I did correct it after, but I did not feel like setting up the light box again and taking new photos. I'm slightly annoyed, but it is what it is.
Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 Img_e718

Here are a few pictures of everything put together. I'm happy with how she turned out!
Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 Img_e719
Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 Img_e720
Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 Img_e721
Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 Img_e722
Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 Img_e724
Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 Img_e723
Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 Img_e727
Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 Img_e725

And here she is next to my Spider-Man figure. I mentioned earlier that I did not want to use a larger TBLeague body since she would dwarf Spider-Man in size. But I think the S33B is a good match. She's slightly shorter than Peter Parker when wearing heels.
Zes's figure builds, customs & kitbashes (some NSFW) - Page 2 Img_e726

That's it for this build! I have more customs I'll be posting in the near future.

(P.S. If any of you US-based guys want the old head sculpt + mask, let me know.)

Visisonor

Visisonor
Impressive, and the end result is one of a kind, making it priceless.
Did this Japanese artist start with a new, censored body? It is painted nicely, though I think areolae are too large.

Zes

Zes
Visisonor wrote:Impressive, and the end result is one of a kind, making it priceless.
Did this Japanese artist start with a new, censored body? It is painted nicely, though I think areolae are too large.

Thanks!

I'm not sure, actually. I assume this was from the old stock of S33B. And yeah, I did ask for extra-large aerolae, or whatever that translates to in Japanese.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Although I love the original unmasked head, I think your kitbash worked beautifully and ended up as a compelling rendition of the character. Though it did not need the explicit images. Amazing work with those delicate face masks.

Zes

Zes
GubernatorFan wrote:Although I love the original unmasked head, I think your kitbash worked beautifully and ended up as a compelling rendition of the character. Though it did not need the explicit images. Amazing work with those delicate face masks.

Thanks! Yeah, the 3D printed masks were tricky. They're almost paper-thin. But that works in my favor, as the masks have a very small profile when attached to the head and don't look bulky at all.

The original head is not a bad sculpt by any means; I just think the sculpt does not convey "Black Cat," if that makes sense.

I understand regarding the images in question. I was debating whether they needed spoiler formatting or not, but I guess they do. Thanks for cleaning those up. I'll be sure to format correctly for future posts.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum