OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

1/6 Horse mane and tail rerroot

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

11/6 Horse mane and tail rerroot  Empty 1/6 Horse mane and tail rerroot Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:11 pm

MoonRaven812

MoonRaven812
After purchasing him the sparse mane and tail really got to me. I rerooted him, using real horse mane hair i kept as a keepsake from a horse I had to put down years ago. Ive yet to style and set the hair with some setting spray but Im feeling good about the project. And now my model has a name, Dakota.
Before :
1/6 Horse mane and tail rerroot  20231021

After
1/6 Horse mane and tail rerroot  20240211
1/6 Horse mane and tail rerroot  20240210

21/6 Horse mane and tail rerroot  Empty Re: 1/6 Horse mane and tail rerroot Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:04 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Nicely done. And you found a way to preserve your horse’s hair to display. Very cool.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

1/6 Horse mane and tail rerroot  1f10

31/6 Horse mane and tail rerroot  Empty Re: 1/6 Horse mane and tail rerroot Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:15 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Fantastic! and as Mark said, a really nice way to use your horse's hair.

41/6 Horse mane and tail rerroot  Empty Re: 1/6 Horse mane and tail rerroot Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:02 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Welcome to the forum, Moonraven.
Great job, may I ask what kind of horse this is? The shimmering fur in some places makes it look even more realistic.

51/6 Horse mane and tail rerroot  Empty Re: 1/6 Horse mane and tail rerroot Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:41 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
As a fellow horse lover, that's a beautiful and creative tribute to your horse. Thank you for sharing with us. 1/6 Horse mane and tail rerroot  1f49b

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

61/6 Horse mane and tail rerroot  Empty Re: 1/6 Horse mane and tail rerroot Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:46 am

MoonRaven812

MoonRaven812
Ephiane wrote:Welcome to the forum, Moonraven.
Great job, may I ask what kind of horse this is? The shimmering fur in some places makes it look even more realistic.

The horse is the Duweime Horse ver. 5 by Mr Z, I believe its a representation of the Al-Teke. HE IS BIG, stands 15" tall and heavy. I purchased him from Big Bad Toys (usa) and is my first 1/6 horse purchase. I have annother new release of the Al teke on preorder from BBTS also. Priced much cheaper than Ebay also!  1/6 Horse mane and tail rerroot  1f60e
I have 2 1/6 figures on Tb leaugue and jiaoudoll bodies that are warriors/valkyries and will be on horseback. I  handmade the armor and tack myself Ill post at a later time.  1/6 Horse mane and tail rerroot  1f60b

71/6 Horse mane and tail rerroot  Empty Re: 1/6 Horse mane and tail rerroot Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:55 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Definitely a very marked improvement. And, as others have pointed out, what a way to commemorate (and immortalize) your horse!

81/6 Horse mane and tail rerroot  Empty Re: 1/6 Horse mane and tail rerroot Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:50 am

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
That is so cool! Very Happy Very impressive and a lovely meaningful feature to make use of that precious hair. I wouldn’t have a clue about re-rooting but it’s good to know it can be done with these great horses.

Very interested to see your warrior/valkyries, armour-making and tack when you get the chance Very Happy

91/6 Horse mane and tail rerroot  Empty Re: 1/6 Horse mane and tail rerroot Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:06 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Moonraven - I meant to say that if you want a more shiny fantasy horse but the gold one is out of stock, you could consider repainting one of the regular-coloured horses. There are some lovely brands of model acrylic paints that come in either metallic and/or pearlescent colours. I think to paint these you just need to wash them fairly well first in soap and water, but don't necessarily have to prime them or anyything. Just a possibility... Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum