OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

1/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

11/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel Empty 1/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:14 am

Allotropos

Allotropos
Hi all,
This is an old project from around 2016 that took me 5 weeks to complete and way before HT came out with theirs.
Realised that I have not shared her on here so hope you like what I did with my Harely Q!
1/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel WIfYqUQ

Here she is folks..in all her mischievous glory.
1/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel ZgjsgCN
1/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel HaE5QKm
1/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel O5MLlZq
1/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel WDpglAN
1/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel V4Wrhv9
1/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel P2MkK6L

Some edits
1/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel TjpezZM
1/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel BXQIh06
1/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel 8bjNm2v
1/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel 6myPsP5
1/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel H1WeU9P
1/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel X5Hs4Lu
1/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel K659IPn

I had also repainted an MGL with metallic Blues & Reds as an accompaniment for this set. I added a few more decals during the course of this project. This was an early picture based on a piece of artwork.
1/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel Y9RdKiv
1/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel WtITgc5

Added piercings for her ear..added 2 hearts instead of the original 1 she has in the movie.
1/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel RmhGjhM

Other non-movie accurate add-on goodness and movie tattoos from Bad Mother Tattoos & Decals. :
1/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel N0YInVI
1/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel F7sglro
1/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel NDRJvOJ
1/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel 0sLdk2C

Good Night baseball bat from Wetoys Studios.
1/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel WAzgUwk

Before I bought the WeToys bat, I tried to make my own.
Blanks came out okay so I'm keeping them for other future bashes.
1/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel GqAde7c
1/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel HkJu3RX
1/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel GjDXya0

A side-by-side comparison between the Hot Toys version and mine.
1/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel PhIsuPQ

A quick filtered selfie:
1/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel 4q5siNL

That's all folks and thanks for dropping by !!
1/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel 5tfIdVp

21/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel Empty Re: 1/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:02 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
She's beautiful and crazy, like the original. Your arsenal of weapons is admirable. I think the head suits the way you photograph her best. There are many Harley heads out there, but this one is very versatile. She can seem crazy, evil and even dreamy.
It's a great pleasure to see your work again.

You think i´m a doll, but i´m not a doll.   But she is a 1:6 Doll. Laughing She´s Allotopos lill monster.

The tatoos are fantastic.
I take back my comment that tattoos cannot be depicted as well on TBL bodies as on plastic bodies.

31/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel Empty Re: 1/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:41 am

Diana

Diana
Holy cow what an amazing figure!! Love everything about it, but what's that head sculpt?? 

Beautifully photographed, too. Smile

41/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel Empty Re: 1/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:57 am

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
Just gonna say it, this smokes the “official” releases. Excellent job!

51/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel Empty Re: 1/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:45 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Nice use of the CATTOYS set. The tattoos work really well, and I like all the upgrades that you did to the character. Did you also repaint the eyes on the sculpt? I remember that I found the included head rather bland and bought one of the abundant HT-clone heads at the time, but the head on your version looks great.  1/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel 1f44d

61/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel Empty Re: 1/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:05 pm

Visisonor

Visisonor
Spectacular. Definitely better than Hot Toys version.
I have the 1/12 scale release by Cat Toys, and I'm still upset over the fact that they used this laughing side glance expres​sion(similar to the one on Hot Toys figure).

Great choice of weapons and their colors too. I think the HK-416 from Trickybaby would suit her also.

71/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel Empty Re: 1/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:12 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I can't really add anything original to what has already been said in the comments above, with which I heartily agree. Very effective and conveys everything it needs to, whether completely movie-accurate or not. The use of the seamless body automatically trumped HT's rendition, and your choice of head was very suitable. Impressive custom bat, too.

81/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel Empty Re: 1/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:21 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Awesome job, reallyn nailed it, the hours and hours of work can be seen.

The red and blue metallics of the launcher and the baseball bats are great and harmonic. Your colored metallics always look impressive and high quality, just like with those robot X-Men hunters.

Also impressive work on the tattoos, they don't look 'artificial' at all.

That being said, I have to confess that I find the character herself rather obnoxious, just like his male counterpart, but maybe I am just not a comic person haha.

Are her armbands stolen from ballpoint pens?

91/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel Empty Re: 1/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:38 am

Allotropos

Allotropos
Ephiane wrote:She's beautiful and crazy, like the original. Your arsenal of weapons is admirable. I think the head suits the way you photograph her best. There are many Harley heads out there, but this one is very versatile. She can seem crazy, evil and even dreamy.
It's a great pleasure to see your work again.
You think i´m a doll, but i´m not a doll.   But she is a 1:6 Doll. Laughing She´s Allotopos lill monster.
The tatoos are fantastic.
I take back my comment that tattoos cannot be depicted as well on TBL bodies as on plastic bodies.

Thanks Eph : Tats are a hit and miss sometimes especially near the joints or where the rubber will stretch out and I've had plenty of tats that didn't work out that I had to throw away.

MeMyself&I wrote:Just gonna say it, this smokes the “official” releases. Excellent job!
GubernatorFan wrote:I can't really add anything original to what has already been said in the comments above, with which I heartily agree. Very effective and conveys everything it needs to, whether completely movie-accurate or not. The use of the seamless body automatically trumped HT's rendition, and your choice of head was very suitable. Impressive custom bat, too.

Thank you MMI & GBF.
I find not fussing too much over accuracy frees up a lot of room for creativity so would usually go that route. Gives me the flexibility to add more cool stuff.

Diana wrote:Holy cow what an amazing figure!! Love everything about it, but what's that head sculpt?? 
Beautifully photographed, too. Smile
Randam Hajile wrote:Nice use of the CATTOYS set. The tattoos work really well, and I like all the upgrades that you did to the character. Did you also repaint the eyes on the sculpt? I remember that I found the included head rather bland and bought one of the abundant HT-clone heads at the time, but the head on your version looks great.  1/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel 1f44d

Thanks Diana and RH,
This version of HQ is from Cat Toys and the head is stock (I cant paint to save my life).
I've not done any mods to the sculpt aside from giving her hair a bit of 'fluff'.
1/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel MpSvX0k

Visisonor wrote:Spectacular. Definitely better than Hot Toys version.
I have the 1/12 scale release by Cat Toys, and I'm still upset over the fact that they used this laughing side glance expression  (similar to the one on Hot Toys figure).
Great choice of weapons and their colors too. I think the HK-416 from Trickybaby would suit her also.
Thank you Vis - yes I never quite understood why they went that route with the 1/12 scale version.
That's a good point with the HK-416. I repainted a few others while back with the same candy colours for the "Harley Squad" I'm building.
(I've not figured out [yet!] how they'll be carrying Hellboy's big baby lol)
1/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel TIyx9zl
1/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel MUodPu4
1/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel G8FK2gS

Ovy wrote:Awesome job, reallyn nailed it, the hours and hours of work can be seen.
The red and blue metallics of the launcher and the baseball bats are great and harmonic. Your colored metallics always look impressive and high quality, just like with those robot X-Men hunters.
Also impressive work on the tattoos, they don't look 'artificial' at all.
That being said, I have to confess that I find the character herself rather obnoxious, just like his male counterpart, but maybe I am just not a comic person haha.
Are her armbands stolen from ballpoint pens?

LOL yes Ovy !
Silver bands are ballpen parts and the blue/red bands are the snap on rings for the toothbrush heads.

Thanks all for dropping by !

101/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel Empty Re: 1/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:37 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
That’s a beautiful figure. I love all the details and tattoos you added. Great photos.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

1/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel 1f10

111/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel Empty Re: 1/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:33 pm

BAMComix

BAMComix
She is gorgeous! Top work all round!

121/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel Empty Re: 1/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:41 pm

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
Great work, echo the comments. Tattoos look really good and great re-use of pen parts!

131/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel Empty Re: 1/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:33 am

Allotropos

Allotropos
Stryker2012 wrote:That’s a beautiful figure. I love all the details and tattoos you added. Great photos.
BAMComix wrote:She is gorgeous! Top work all round!
Tanzenwolfe wrote:Great work, echo the comments. Tattoos look really good and great re-use of pen parts!

Thank you kindly my friends !
Glad you like her as much as I do !

141/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel Empty Re: 1/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:36 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Could I ask, can you still get the tattoo set?

151/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel Empty Re: 1/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:49 am

Allotropos

Allotropos
BAMComix wrote:Could I ask, can you still get the tattoo set?

Hi Bam,
Yes you can  - search on eBay for seller "Bad Mother Tattoos and Customs" - the water slide decals right now cost US$16 exc shipping(for me).
He also has the decals for the Goodnight bat at USD$8 exc shipping so you could get both at the same time !
Hope that helps

161/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel Empty Re: 1/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:53 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Allotropos wrote:

Hi Bam,
Yes you can  - search on eBay for seller "Bad Mother Tattoos and Customs" - the water slide decals right now cost US$16 exc shipping(for me).
He also has the decals for the Goodnight bat at USD$8 exc shipping so you could get both at the same time !
Hope that helps

Cool! thanks! I will have to look into this. I really want to start and finish my Harley. I bought a super duck years back, and just never got around to starting her. Your Harley, has certainly re-ignited the interest in her!
Oh, does he ship to the UK?

171/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel Empty Re: 1/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:01 am

Allotropos

Allotropos
BAMComix wrote:
Allotropos wrote:

Hi Bam,
Hope that helps

Cool! thanks! I will have to look into this. I really want to start and finish my Harley. I bought a super duck years back, and just never got around to starting her. Your Harley, has certainly re-ignited the interest in her!
Oh, does he ship to the UK?

He does I believe as I dont see UK on his exclusion list.
Looking forward to seeing your version of her Bam !
You're at an advantage with a wider variety of seamless body shapes available nowadays..mine is admittedly is on the skinnier side.

181/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel Empty Re: 1/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:28 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
That's awesome, she looks pretty cool and I dare say better than the hot toys version.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! 1/6 Harleen Frances Quinzel 1f60e

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum