OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alita Battle Angel (P017-DX)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Alita Battle Angel (P017-DX)  Empty Alita Battle Angel (P017-DX) Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:40 am

Allotropos

Allotropos
Alita Battle Angel (P017-DX)  U1gy42p
The deluxe (twin pack) set from Playtoys picked up on what HT dropped the ball with and that is the Motorball set.
Decent set out of the box - some loose sections but manageable.

I started improvement works right away.
Stripped the twin pack to and gave the entire body a blackwash to give the details a bit more of a pop.
Alita Battle Angel (P017-DX)  PO0Lles

Next was to give Alita more articulation around the upper body/waist area.
The paint job was bland unlike the promo pics so had to fix that too.
Alita Battle Angel (P017-DX)  3raPGmI

Took a knife and separated the bottom half and attached it to Alita's waist.
Applied a thin silver wash to the black parts and coated all her armour pieces with Pledge to bring out the colours more and with more shine.
Alita Battle Angel (P017-DX)  FHSTSZU
Alita Battle Angel (P017-DX)  JGPAljh
Alita Battle Angel (P017-DX)  2cheg98

Took it one step further and attached her Damascus blade to the arm guard.
Alita Battle Angel (P017-DX)  XpzyAPw

Styled her hair a bit and all done !!
Alita Battle Angel (P017-DX)  IB5Urzw
Alita Battle Angel (P017-DX)  Oh9zF6h
Alita Battle Angel (P017-DX)  7Pgg0Fu
Alita Battle Angel (P017-DX)  ImlDCr1

Just a quick share this time around hope you're having a great weekend folks !

2Alita Battle Angel (P017-DX)  Empty Re: Alita Battle Angel (P017-DX) Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:05 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Nice work and great photography! I especially like that you mounted the blade to the arm like in the original "Gunm" manga. It's such a shame that they changed the story lines of the books so much.

3Alita Battle Angel (P017-DX)  Empty Re: Alita Battle Angel (P017-DX) Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:33 pm

Visisonor

Visisonor
These one piece armors are so annoying at any scale, it's great that you were able to overcome it!
Is it a 3rd party head on photos with the blade in right hand? (Without the red paint, the "don't mess with her" look).

4Alita Battle Angel (P017-DX)  Empty Re: Alita Battle Angel (P017-DX) Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:45 am

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Love it. Such cool looking figures and photos.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Alita Battle Angel (P017-DX)  1f10

5Alita Battle Angel (P017-DX)  Empty Re: Alita Battle Angel (P017-DX) Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:09 am

Allotropos

Allotropos
Randam Hajile wrote:Nice work and great photography! I especially like that you mounted the blade to the arm like in the original "Gunm" manga. It's such a shame that they changed the story lines of the books so much.
Thanks Randam and I agree - I wished they had gone the route of the books. It would have been epic.
Alita Battle Angel (P017-DX)  KcAnw6K

Visisonor wrote:These one piece armors are so annoying at any scale, it's great that you were able to overcome it!
Is it a 3rd party head on photos with the blade in right hand? (Without the red paint, the "don't mess with her" look).
Hi Vis - both headsculpts are stock.
I wasn't too keen on them at first but with a bit of hair futzing - they photograph well enough for me.

Stryker2012 wrote:Love it. Such cool looking figures and photos.
Thanks Stryker!

6Alita Battle Angel (P017-DX)  Empty Re: Alita Battle Angel (P017-DX) Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:34 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Beautiful photography!

7Alita Battle Angel (P017-DX)  Empty Re: Alita Battle Angel (P017-DX) Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:10 pm

csyeung

csyeung
Very cool mods. Thanks for sharing your process!

8Alita Battle Angel (P017-DX)  Empty Re: Alita Battle Angel (P017-DX) Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:05 pm

cdn_rhino

Again, awesome upgrades to the figure. Getting a better range of motion, and some simple paint highlights can go a long way.

9Alita Battle Angel (P017-DX)  Empty Re: Alita Battle Angel (P017-DX) Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:27 pm

Allotropos

Allotropos
GubernatorFan wrote:Beautiful photography!
csyeung wrote:Very cool mods. Thanks for sharing your process!
cdn_rhino wrote:Again, awesome upgrades to the figure. Getting a better range of motion, and some simple paint highlights can go a long way.

Thanks guys.
She moves much better now.
Pants still hinders full movement but will wait for it to deteriorate before I think of something else that's stretchable to replace it with.

10Alita Battle Angel (P017-DX)  Empty Re: Alita Battle Angel (P017-DX) Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:17 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
She looks awesome! Love the pics!

11Alita Battle Angel (P017-DX)  Empty Re: Alita Battle Angel (P017-DX) Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:10 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
Great looking skates! ..the whole figure looks good.
I am surprised Hot Toys did not offer a Motorball version. They missed a trick.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

12Alita Battle Angel (P017-DX)  Empty Re: Alita Battle Angel (P017-DX) Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:52 am

teamweapon

nice job with the mods and really great looking pix, quite stunning actually Smile

13Alita Battle Angel (P017-DX)  Empty Re: Alita Battle Angel (P017-DX) Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:23 pm

Visisonor

Visisonor
Allotropos, do you happen to have photos of Alita standing next to "normal"-sized TBLeague/Phicen figures?
I wonder how tall her sixth scale rendition is, and I can't find any specs of the Play Toy version.
Thanks.

14Alita Battle Angel (P017-DX)  Empty Re: Alita Battle Angel (P017-DX) Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:07 am

Diana

Diana
They both look fantastic! I really love that head without face paint. It looks so different from that angle that I also thought it might be from a different set.

Well done on the upgrades!

15Alita Battle Angel (P017-DX)  Empty Re: Alita Battle Angel (P017-DX) Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:04 am

Allotropos

Allotropos
BAMComix wrote:She looks awesome! Love the pics!
ukshaun wrote:Great looking skates! ..the whole figure looks good.
I am surprised Hot Toys did not offer a Motorball version. They missed a trick.
teamweapon wrote:nice job with the mods and really great looking pix, quite stunning actually Smile
Thanks everyone !

Diana wrote:They both look fantastic! I really love that head without face paint. It looks so different from that angle that I also thought it might be from a different set.
Well done on the upgrades!
Thanks Diana, I'm still trying to warm up to the stock HS but for photography purposes - it does the job with a but of hair styling.

Visisonor wrote:Allotropos, do you happen to have photos of Alita standing next to "normal"-sized TBLeague/Phicen figures?
I wonder how tall her sixth scale rendition is, and I can't find any specs of the Play Toy version.
Thanks.
Here's a quick side by side :
HT Alita and a seamless figure in the middle for comparison.
Alita Battle Angel (P017-DX)  9uzFVhq

16Alita Battle Angel (P017-DX)  Empty Re: Alita Battle Angel (P017-DX) Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:18 pm

Diana

Diana
Ooh interesting!! I do appreciate how petite the HT version is, but overall, judging by the photos, I like the other two as much! I'm sure the paint job in better on the HT. The HT version is also softer, which is closer to the source. But the Play Toy versions have the better costumes and I also appreciate the don't-mess-with-me look. Smile

17Alita Battle Angel (P017-DX)  Empty Re: Alita Battle Angel (P017-DX) Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:07 pm

Visisonor

Visisonor
Interesting, Play Toy version is actually taller.
Thanks.

18Alita Battle Angel (P017-DX)  Empty Re: Alita Battle Angel (P017-DX) Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:19 am

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Excellent work with the mods, photography looks great especially with those nice bases and background.
Makes me want to watch the movie again tonight.
My first time to hear Pledge used on plastic toys for the gloss look.
Does it leave oily/slippery residue in your hands when handling the armor?

19Alita Battle Angel (P017-DX)  Empty Re: Alita Battle Angel (P017-DX) Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:57 am

Allotropos

Allotropos
Agreed with Diana's take on the differences with the headsculpts. HT's version isn't as intimidating as PT's version.

Visisonor wrote:Interesting, Play Toy version is actually taller.
Thanks.
NP - a point to note is that the HT version is bare-footed leading to a slight difference in height.

rollotomasi wrote:Excellent work with the mods, photography looks great especially with those nice bases and background.
Makes me want to watch the movie again tonight.
My first time to hear Pledge used on plastic toys for the gloss look.
Does it leave oily/slippery residue in your hands when handling the armor?

Thanks Rollo.
Pledge (formerly known as Future or something else depending on where you live) is an clear acrylic floor finish modelers use to coat their work and it dries (somewhere between semi gloss to gloss) like regular acrylic paints so no oil residues/smell IF the paint application to be coated is done properly, the clear coat dries up with no issues.

I coated my Toys Era Magneto (Fassbender) with Pledge and it remained sticky either because the paint application was crap or the escaping chemicals were..still escaping, I ran it over warm water (since it's acrylic), removed the coating and left it as is.

I mainly use the Mr Hobby rattle can clear coats but when i'm lazy, i'll just pull out my paintbrush and apply Pledge as needed.

More (older) info on Pledge/Future/:
https://model-railroad-hobbyist.com/node/44131
https://finescale.com/online-extras/how-to/2017/11/in-the-past-it-was-future

Hope this helps.

20Alita Battle Angel (P017-DX)  Empty Re: Alita Battle Angel (P017-DX) Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:23 pm

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Oh yeah I've read about Future in the forums, to gloss the eyes and lips.
I wasn't aware its now Pledge. I'll check out our stores here because the
only Pledge stuff I see are floor wax and furniture polish spray cans.
Thanks for sharing your tips and the links, much appreciated!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum