OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: COOMODEL Series of Empires SE131 PRIEST (Monk)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Valiarde

Valiarde
COOMODEL 1/6 SE131 SERIES OF EMPIRES - MEDIEVAL PRIEST

The 1/6th Scale Medieval Priest Collectible Figure specially features:
- One (1) bald head sculpture with gray fabric hair
- One (1) scaled super active body
- Six (6) pieces of interchangeable hands
- One (1) pair of Seamless barefoot

Costumes:
- One (1) earth-yellow monk's robe
- One (1) brown hooded cape
- One (1) grey windproof hat
- One (1) white waist rope

Accessories:
- One (1) Holy Bible
- One (1) earth-yellow single-shoulder bag
- One (1) brown document bag
- One (1) gray waist pouch
- One (1) cross pendant
- One (1) iron key
- One (1) gold Jesus statue
- One (1) frying pan
- One (1) cooking pot
- One (1) iron ladle
- One (1) wooden spoon
- One (1) kitchen knife
- One (1) kitchen fork
- One (1) bamboo walking stick
- One (1) black figure stand

NEW PRODUCT: COOMODEL Series of Empires SE131 PRIEST (Monk) 0120

NEW PRODUCT: COOMODEL Series of Empires SE131 PRIEST (Monk) 0220NEW PRODUCT: COOMODEL Series of Empires SE131 PRIEST (Monk) 0319NEW PRODUCT: COOMODEL Series of Empires SE131 PRIEST (Monk) 0419NEW PRODUCT: COOMODEL Series of Empires SE131 PRIEST (Monk) 0518NEW PRODUCT: COOMODEL Series of Empires SE131 PRIEST (Monk) 0618NEW PRODUCT: COOMODEL Series of Empires SE131 PRIEST (Monk) 0718NEW PRODUCT: COOMODEL Series of Empires SE131 PRIEST (Monk) 0817NEW PRODUCT: COOMODEL Series of Empires SE131 PRIEST (Monk) 0915NEW PRODUCT: COOMODEL Series of Empires SE131 PRIEST (Monk) 1017NEW PRODUCT: COOMODEL Series of Empires SE131 PRIEST (Monk) 1114NEW PRODUCT: COOMODEL Series of Empires SE131 PRIEST (Monk) 1213NEW PRODUCT: COOMODEL Series of Empires SE131 PRIEST (Monk) 1313NEW PRODUCT: COOMODEL Series of Empires SE131 PRIEST (Monk) 1413

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
The face sculpt looks like the best Ed Harris likeness I've seen.
It looks better than the DID Marine to me.
Too bad about the awful hair.

Valiarde

Valiarde
I wonder why they went with Ed Harris and not Sean Connery here (Name of the Rose, even if the outfit is different)

I like the outfit - lets see the price.

Oh and they should use better fingernails on the pics lol (but I know that, when Iam painting and then making smartphone pics holding my stuff - but this is an official promo shot, at least it is fitting for medieval stuff Razz )

teamweapon

i really like this too.
at least the grubby finger nails match hi grubby feet haha.
bit rubbish they didnt give you a pair of articulated feet to go with the set. i dont own any of the seamless feet but have read they can be tricky to pose?

Valiarde

Valiarde
Well they give you special barefoot feet to go with it. I guess they are like these:
https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=3832&search=feet

I never had them so I don't know how good a figure can stand on them, but they look better than standard body feet

Edit: Ah I think I understand your post now, you want these feet to have ankle articulation right?

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Aw dammit, another one for the pre-order pile.

Zes

Zes
nice Ed Harris head sculpt!

McGee

thats a special Figur . But he looks good to me . For me he looks like Peter Weller and not Ed Harris . But mabey my eyes just old

teamweapon

Valiarde wrote:Well they give you special barefoot feet to go with it. I guess they are like these:
https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=3832&search=feet

I never had them so I don't know how good a figure can stand on them, but they look better than standard body feet

Edit: Ah I think I understand your post now, you want these feet to have ankle articulation right?

oh the seamless DEFINITELY look better than standard articulated feet for sure.
but most of the time you get standard feet with them as well, so you can swap them out.
like i say ive read they can be tough to stand without aid seamless feet, i guess if they slightly warp they wouldnt be flat or whatever?

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
This looks pretty cool. No idea what I could use it for, though, so I’ll have to pass.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: COOMODEL Series of Empires SE131 PRIEST (Monk) 1f10

Tony Barton

This shows a pretty hopeless grasp of the medieval Catholic Church.
It he's a priest he would be wearing secular clothing of his date -they only wore vestments for Mass. If he's a monk, he would be wearing a distinct habit, coloured according to the Rules : black for Benedictine, black over white for Dominican, and so on. He might be a Friar, but they had distinct habits as well.
Whichever he's supposed to be , he wouldn't be carrying a miniature PRINTED Bible in English, presumably the King James version ,a Protestant object from another, later period.
I could go on...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Looks excellent, and right up your alley, Simon, thanks for posting.
I agree with Tony that this is not really a priest, but something close enough to some types of mendicant monks. Probably should have gotten some monk sandals too (one could find some -- haven't checked recently -- at Costwold Collectibles). The seamless feet (with integral lower legs) slide over the lower legs of the action figure body. They developed these for samurai figures, and I have some. It is reasonably easy to get the figure to just stand, but action poses become more difficult. I agree that ideally they should have provided a pair of regular detachable feet as an alternative.
And yes, the printed Bible makes this something Early Modern (at best) rather than Medieval.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum