OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Latest Purchase...

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 19 of 40]

451collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:35 am

Seven Pillars

GubernatorFan wrote:LOL. Are we going to be treated to how the tension plays out?

I think Jenner is not as outnumbered as the second photo might suggest. Mandi and Cara are suspiciously missing from that group...

452collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:26 am

ZeroDelta

Seven Pillars wrote:
With the NGSW entering its final phases, very likely from next year on the M4 will begin phasing out of the US Armed Forces but it still looks badass.

Well, wait and see, even if the new platform and round is adopted, it will take some time before all of the M4s are fully replaced, that is if the program actually yields the desired outcome. The M16 platform was declared dead for decades now, the first major effort to replace it was in the 1990s, then around the 2000s and both programs where terminated with no real replacement in sight. Maybe this time it will be different, but I do wonder tho, a new round would mean that NATO would have to adopt it as well, thats going to be interesting.

From the 3 contenders that are left, SIG´s rifle is the most conventional, while the Textron seems to be overly complicated, as for the General Dynamic one, I dont know if the US Army is going to like a bullpup rifle.

Now what I also wonder is, if the other branches of the US Military will adopt the new army weapons or if they will get their own platforms?

453collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:25 am

Seven Pillars

ZeroDelta wrote:
Seven Pillars wrote:
With the NGSW entering its final phases, very likely from next year on the M4 will begin phasing out of the US Armed Forces but it still looks badass.

Well, wait and see, even if the new platform and round is adopted, it will take some time before all of the M4s are fully replaced, that is if the program actually yields the desired outcome. The M16 platform was declared dead for decades now, the first major effort to replace it was in the 1990s, then around the 2000s and both programs where terminated with no real replacement in sight. Maybe this time it will be different, but I do wonder tho, a new round would mean that NATO would have to adopt it as well, thats going to be interesting.

From the 3 contenders that are left, SIG´s rifle is the most conventional, while the Textron seems to be overly complicated, as for the General Dynamic one, I dont know if the US Army is going to like a bullpup rifle.

Now what I also wonder is, if the other branches of the US Military will adopt the new army weapons or if they will get their own platforms?

I'm one of those armchair generals who's on the outside peering in so my info is generally unreliable  collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 1f605. You're right about separating the other branches of the military from the Army because, yup, the NGSW is an Army project. My mentioning US Armed Forces is an oversight.

What I've gleaned is that the Army feel it's time to switch from the 5.56 to a higher caliber round - in this case 6.8 - because body armour is/will-be prevalent on the battlefields. The 5.56 apparently can't cut it anymore and I guess the 7.62 is too bulky. Seems a high-pressure 6.8 is the sweet spot between weight and power. I do wonder tho why the current suppliers of the M4 did not submit their own design, or if they did and got washed out in the preliminaries.

Going on style alone I like the look of SIG Sauer's entry. They're smart enough to xerox the M4 so it'll feel familiar to operators. Also they've secured the contract to replace the Beretta across the various services and I think SOCOM is evaluating their light machine gun, which also looks like the business.

However it turns out, E&S will have new toys for us in the future I hope!  collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 1f618

454collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:52 am

ZeroDelta

Yeah the SIG Pistol is going to replace the M9 but that was not without issues, the first pistols fielded had a lot of issues, some of them very dangerous. I think these problems have been ironed out now, but that was still very embarrassing for SIG, so I would say that the Army might be reluctant to get a rifle by them.

As for the ammo question: this is a very complex issue. Body armor is not really the main concern here. The 5.56mm is enough to go through most body armor that does not have strike plates. The problem with the 5.56mm is range and stopping power. The small round has only an combat range of 200 meters and an effective range of 400 meters, while the 7,62 x 39mm used in AKs is effective up to 600 meters (both rounds are still deadly at 800 meters out, but hitting is another matter, thats why you measure it in combat range and effective range).

Both the 6.5mm Grendel and the 6.8mm Remington round where produced to fill the gap between those ranges, both rounds have greater effective range and the bigger rounds also means higher knockdown power. That the round works better against body armor is just an added bonus.

BTW: both the 6.5 and 6.8 rounds where produced with the intention that you could adapt the M4 platform to use them, because all you needed was to change the barrel, because the rounds where in a diameter that they would fit the mags and chamber. For some reason that did not caught on.

455collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:53 am

Seven Pillars

Seven Pillars
ZeroDelta wrote:Yeah the SIG Pistol is going to replace the M9 but that was not without issues, the first pistols fielded had a lot of issues, some of them very dangerous. I think these problems have been ironed out now, but that was still very embarrassing for SIG, so I would say that the Army might be reluctant to get a rifle by them.

As for the ammo question: this is a very complex issue. Body armor is not really the main concern here. The 5.56mm is enough to go through most body armor that does not have strike plates. The problem with the 5.56mm is range and stopping power. The small round has only an combat range of 200 meters and an effective range of 400 meters, while the 7,62 x 39mm used in AKs is effective up to 600 meters (both rounds are still deadly at 800 meters out, but hitting is another matter, thats why you measure it in combat range and effective range).

Both the 6.5mm Grendel and the 6.8mm Remington round where produced to fill the gap between those ranges, both rounds have greater effective range and the bigger rounds also means higher knockdown power. That the round works better against body armor is just an added bonus.

BTW: both the 6.5 and 6.8 rounds where produced with the intention that you could adapt the M4 platform to use them, because all you needed was to change the barrel, because the rounds where in a diameter that they would fit the mags and chamber. For some reason that did not caught on.

You know, it's not appropriate to prolong talking about the NGSW on this forum, so let's leave it at that before we get called out collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 1f601

collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 1f1f8  collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 1f1ea  collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 1f1fb  collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 1f1ea  collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 1f1f3

456collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:56 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Well, as long as it doesn’t jump into politics — which, trust me, I’m always having to bite my tongue — it’s fine to a degree.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 C8485110

457collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:16 pm

brassco

brassco

My latest purchase is not the figure, but rather the rotating display stand.

458collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:13 pm

venator5

venator5
Here my latest purchases

collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 20210612

collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 20210613

collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 20210614

459collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:36 pm

davidd

davidd
venator5 wrote:Here my latest purchases....

Is that the VeryCool German officer figure? Nice! My finger has hovered over the online purchase link for that figure several times, but I recently purchased the Alert Line Afrika Corps version, and I have the Flagset Eagle Nest Guard on pre-order. Plus, I couldn't decide between the dark jacket version and the light jacket version.

The fully armored knight figure looks really cool! Hope to see some more pics of that fig!

Excellent additions to your collection! cheers

460collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:49 pm

venator5

venator5
davidd wrote:
venator5 wrote:Here my latest purchases....

Is that the VeryCool German officer figure? Nice! My finger has hovered over the online purchase link for that figure several times, but I recently purchased the Alert Line Afrika Corps version, and I have the Flagset Eagle Nest Guard on pre-order. Plus, I couldn't decide between the dark jacket version and the light jacket version.

The fully armored knight figure looks really cool! Hope to see some more pics of that fig!

Excellent additions to your collection! cheers

Yes it is. The VCF 2036 one. I actually planning to get Martina (Flagset). Sadly I can't do much photos nowadays since the house is about to get an overhaul and everything is a mess now, and since we can do it room by room it will last a few months.

Sad thing, I was able to do so cool phootos before...

collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 20200311
collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 20190714
collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 20190715

461collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:46 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
GubernatorFan wrote:LOL. Are we going to be treated to how the tension plays out?

Maybe one of these days. I’m just having a little fun as the new additions roll in. Wink

I’ve come across both VCF-2036 and VCF-2051 quite a few times while looking for other Very Cool figures. I definitely like the 2036 sculpt better. Maybe it’s because I’ve gotten so used to Kerr as a brunette since she was one of the first 1/6 figures I bought, but the blond hair just doesn’t seem to fit that sculpt on the 2051.

462collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:04 pm

Seven Pillars

Seven Pillars
Got some new stuff since the last time I posted here.

Firstly I got another Arnie head sculpt. The previous one just doesn't look like him from certain angles. This new one is so much better and if I'm not mistaken, the one most people also bought:
collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Arn0110

Izz nawt a tuumor! Nawt a tuumor adall!
collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Arnie010

See? NAWT!!
collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Arniec10

collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 1f1f8  collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 1f1ea  collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 1f1fb  collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 1f1ea  collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 1f1f3

463collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:15 pm

Seven Pillars

Seven Pillars
Next is the Fire Girl FG005 Black Python Combat Suit. I put it on my VeryCool White Uniform SS Officer which is the very first 1/6 AF I bought, a kinda impulse buy because I love the head sculpt. I call her Elke and now she's fighting for the forces of good!

collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Cstop10
collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Csbot10

I love this camo pattern in this colour. It's one of my favourite along with Multicam Tropic.
collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Elke0110
collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Elke0210

I think this next photo shows off the colour best because it's natural sunlight. I'm keeping my figures in cardboard boxes for the while until I find a better way to keep the dust off them. I partner Elke with Marina whom I also decided to get because of the head sculpt. Both gorgeous gals LOL!
collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Img_2010

464collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:27 pm

Seven Pillars

Seven Pillars
Finally some new clothes for the Jenner Twins which came today. I was hoping another set of clothes would also arrive at the same time but no luck...

collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Jenner10
collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Kenned10
collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Kassid10

I got these from my favourite vendor who include hand-written thank-you notes to every one of their customers. They also put in some cheap but very much appreciated free gifts with the purchases, like the rose stalk and the two silver bracelets you see in the photos.

Time to get the bad guys while looking good!
collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Twin_g10

465collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:42 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Seven Pillars wrote:
collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Arniec10

I agree. The new head sculpt is much better. The original head sculpt you used is good, but it seems a little soft and less defined next to the new one.

466collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:47 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Seven Pillars wrote:Next is the Fire Girl FG005 Black Python Combat Suit. I put it on my VeryCool White Uniform SS Officer which is the very first 1/6 AF I bought, a kinda impulse buy because I love the head sculpt. I call her Elke and now she's fighting for the forces of good!

collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Cstop10

I LOVE this!  You know I have a thing for the black python camo pattern with Kerr and Villa.  The fit on the Very Cool body is perfect!

Time to start cyberstalking my next purchase!  Wink

467collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:55 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Seven Pillars wrote:Finally some new clothes for the Jenner Twins which came today. I was hoping another set of clothes would also arrive at the same time but no luck...

So was I! Wink

Seven Pillars wrote: Time to get the bad guys while looking good!
collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Twin_g10

Both of those outfits look great on them. We both need to find some 1:6 bras for our Jenners though. They can get away with looking like they just walked out of a deep freezer if they’re wearing dark colors or camo, but they need some help with the light colors. Laughing

468collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:10 pm

Seven Pillars

Seven Pillars
Xavion2004 wrote:
I LOVE this!  You know I have a thing for the black python camo pattern with Kerr and Villa.  The fit on the Very Cool body is perfect!

Time to start cyberstalking my next purchase!  Wink

Not quite perfect fit. The sleeves are on the short side. It looks ok when the arms are straight and by the side but when you bend it or lift it up, the sleeves get pulled back and exposes a lot of the wrist and arm. Compare this with Miss Spetsnaz's sleeves which have the slack to cover the wrist in the same pose. Also the elbow guards are stuck on with a small square of double-sided tape. They fell off at the first posing and kept falling off. I'm going to have to sew them in place.

Apart from that it's cool. Yeah I knew you'd like it as I saw your two gals decked out in them collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 1f600.

469collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:20 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I had so much success assembling Jenner B, that I thought I’d try it again with Miss Spetsnaz (who I’ve named Karina).  So far, I’ve got $143 shipped invested in what you see here, plus I have all of her hands.   About the cheapest I’ve seen the full box is $215 shipped.  So I still have a “budget” of around $75 before I go “over”.  I’m going to try to keep her in the $175-$185 range, though.

collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 A8-D2092-B-D291-4-AB6-AD9-A-3-C926573-B231

470collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:30 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Looks pretty great already, Xavion.

471collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:13 pm

venator5

venator5
Well I'm in again.

Even if it was unplanned but after Got some extra work hours and night shifts I decided to but Nancy from TBLeague, (Triplee chekked whelter it is in stock rabbit rabbit )

Not shipped yet so she is up to mess with my nerves again, but I do hope this will work out unlike my previous attempt.

And yeah I also get my hands on a kitbash. This time she comes from Spain, and already en route.

472collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:21 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Great choice! I love the TBL Nancy. I think she’s one of their best.

473collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:26 am

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I don’t know know if I would call her a “Holy Grail” since she’s not difficult to find, but I’ve wanted this figure since I first laid eyes on it.  The only thing that held me back was the price tag and the fact that I was exclusively collecting 1/12 at the time.  Now that I’m back into 1/6, there was no point in waiting any longer.

collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 6-EF6-A44-C-D6-C4-4-D7-A-B1-D9-F49659-C7-B541

474collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:42 am

davidd

davidd
Xavion2004 wrote:... I would call her a “Holy Grail” since she’s not difficult to find, but I’ve wanted this figure since I first laid eyes on it.  

Shocked Wow! That's a smokin' hawt fig! Congratulations on acquiring a "personal grail!"

475collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:07 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great looking Widow, probably my fave of all the widow figures Very Happy .

476collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty EXO-6 First Contact Cmdr Data Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:58 pm

tflockj11

tflockj11
EXO-6 has the 1/6th scale Star Trek license and this is there first release, Commander Data from the First Contact movie. I'm more into the original series and the Next Generation series, but I had to get this first figure.

I really like it. The likeness is really good (2 heads included), the uniform is outstanding and the accessories, while not so numerous, are very well done. It gives me hope that the rest of the line will be worthwhile.

collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 51302290226_b90a59a288_kIMG_7273 by tflockj, on Flickr

collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 51301544807_02088ec767_kIMG_7271 by tflockj, on Flickr

collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 51303008574_744aaae482_kIMG_7276 by tflockj, on Flickr

collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 51303008579_f24de1856d_kIMG_7277 by tflockj, on Flickr

collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 51302479783_e88eadd6ba_kIMG_7280 by tflockj, on Flickr

477collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:24 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Great to see such nice figures make their way into the hands of fans.

478collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:41 pm

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
There is just too many stuff to list I have gotten recently, I bought a whole bunch of guns, a Sin City Hartigan headsculpt, a bunch of uniforms, boots, body armor, helmets and nude bodies to go with it all.

479collection - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:51 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I would love to see some Star Trek TOS 1/6 figures that are a) affordable and b) delve fairly deep into the cast. I was very disappointed when Mezco One:12 threw the towel in after Kirk, Spock, and Sulu.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum