OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Latest Purchase...

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 33 of 40]

801Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:34 am

Stryker2011

Founding Father
The Flirty Girl wolf isn’t as detailed as the Mr. Z versions (though I don’t have the Mr. Z, but judging from their other animals I would imagine that to be an accurate assessment, since I have that Fliety Girl wolf — came as part of a figure set).

802Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:17 pm

ElBundy

Randam Hajile wrote:
My Shaman got an animal companion: A "Smilodon populator" form Rebor. It's actually 1/11, but I feel it scales well enough to act as the Shaman's magic familiar...

Wow, that diorama looks really cool. I have ordered the ‚friendly’ shaman version, so I plan to use another head sculpt and tattoo it a little bit. A smilodon in 1/6 scale would really be a monster figure.

803Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:11 pm

Diana

Stryker2011 wrote:The Flirty Girl wolf isn’t as detailed as the Mr. Z versions (though I don’t have the Mr. Z, but judging from their other animals I would imagine that to be an accurate assessment, since I have that Fliety Girl wolf — came as part of a figure set).
Hm... that doesn't sound good. Thank you for the warning. I'll go look for photos before deciding.

804Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:50 pm

davidd

Well...  Embarassed  ... this arrived today via eBay:

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Piratebarbieset1
Halloween Pirates Barbie & Ken - 1998

Halloween Party Barbie & Ken Gift Set featuring pirate costumes was a 1998 Target Stores exclusive. I picked this one up fairly inexpensively through eBay. It's always a surprise to see sets like this, marketed toward collectors, that are twenty to thirty years old selling for next to nothing. Too bad that doesn't happen with recent release figures from the "action figure" companies.

I got to thinking about pirate figures a while back, and my intent behind this purchase is to evaluate the costumes for use on other action figures. Poor Barbie and Ken - for a quarter of a century they've been well taken care of and kept mint in box, and now most of their packaging is destined for the recycle or rubbish bins, and their sad naked bodies will be banished to thrift store purgatory to be unceremoniously mauled by grimy little rugrats.

Or not. It's such a cute set that I may have some trouble bringing myself to open it.

805Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:32 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
LOL, fun grab. I think the best part about this one is the fact that they aren't actually supposed to be pirates, but rather dressed up as pirates at a Halloween party.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

806Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:46 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I like it. Good luck making it fit on high end figures, but you never know...

807Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:01 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I say leave them where they are. Nothing wrong with not “damaging” a sealed box like that, especially since most of it (let’s be honest) is really unusable for 1/6th figures, as it more than likely won’t fit any bodies.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 C8485110

808Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:29 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
It is a cute set, and it brings back some fun memories of Halloween parties past.

I would keep it intact.

809Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:24 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I finally received the head sculpt of Harley Quinn from the BBK Harley Quinn's Revenge boxed set (seen here: https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3805-new-product-bbk-1-6-harley-quinn-s-revenge-bbk011?highlight=Harley+Quinn+s+Revenge), and finally decided to finish putting together (as best I could) of the Sideshow "classic" animated version of Harley Quinn. Unfortunately, I purchased the different head due to the face that Sideshow decided to use one of the smaller TBLeague bodies for this set, but as per usual with those @$$hats at Sideshow, the heads that came with the figure were too big (this seems to be common with those morons, as many of their heads are either too big or too small for whatever body they are using). I really like the BBK head sculpt, not only because it's the correct size for the body they used, but also because it's much cuter than the horrendously "mannish" head (primarily the one without the head piece) originals. The hands were so stiff I had to heat them up just to put the baseball bat in her hand, and the first time I did it, I actually snapped the bat in half right at the junction point of the wrapping to the "wood" and had to glue it back together. She also came with a large, over-sized (but appropriate) Mallet/hammer. She couldn't hold this thing to save her life. The wrist joint of the TBLeague has a hard time actually holding the bat correctly due to the weakness of that joint. Anyway... here's some quick pics.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 _dsc3618
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 _dsc3619
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 _dsc3620
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 _dsc3622
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 _dsc3621
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 _dsc3623
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 _dsc3624
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 _dsc3625
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 _dsc3626

810Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:08 pm

davidd

davidd
Cute head sculpt, yet somehow unnervingly insane looking... which is the entire point of Harley Quinn, so it looks both attractive and appropriate.

811Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:08 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think she worked out very well, Mark. The head is great for this body and outfit, and you managed to create nice poses and photos.

812Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:56 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The head you used is a great improvement, looks suitably unhinged! Very Happy

(I don't know why they would specifically choose to use the smaller tbleague body and then not bother making a headsculpt the right size for it, but I'm glad you found one that works so well.)

813Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:44 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Even if the original Sideshow heads had been sized properly, I would still like the BBK head exponentially better on that figure.   It’s a great match.

814Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:22 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks, everyone. Yeah, the BBK head is really well done, and very cute (has a Kristen Bell vibe to me); I gave her pony tails a bit of a cut and used some styling paste my wife doesn’t like to tame them a bit — but it think it also helps give them a “choppy” look, like she was just insanely cutting at her hair. I was almost tempted to get the entire BBK figure, but then thought the head would be put to better use on this figure, since I wasn’t all that happy with the Sideshow heads.

815Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:23 am

davidd

davidd
This arrived yesterday, following a journey through Time and Space, all the way from the year 2002: Takara Blue Box Cy Girls Aurora figure:

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Cga1

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Cga2

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Cga3a

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Cga4

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Cga5

Even the box is in "near mint" condition. It would really be a shame to rip open this two decade old well-preserved relic, wouldn't it?   scratch

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Cga6

I'm not yet past the point of no return, so I'll stop here and mull things over before proceeding.

816Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:22 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Kind of neat how these old Cy Girl figures are making a comeback. Nice grab.

817Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:06 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I remember anxiously awaiting for every new Cy Girl to come out.  Those were good times, especially since that figure sold for under $30 back in 2002.  I’m especially impressed with how well they’ve held up (if properly stored and cared for) over the years.  That Aurora looks to be in beautiful condition.

818Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:23 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great pick Dave!

819Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:40 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Picked up a few things from Timewalker’s Valentines’ sale:

The Alert Line WWII Army Officer Uniform (since it doesn’t look like I’m ever getting the Pop Toys version that came out a couple years ago), so I can change the outfit on my civilian Steve Rogers (Captain America) so he can match Peggy Carter.

1 each of the Nightmare Series of undead Knights from Coo Model (as they fit the bill for enemies from the book I wrote for my wife):

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3208-new-product-1-6-nightmare-series-ns001-coomodel-sword-brethren?highlight=Nightmare

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3210-new-product-1-6-nightmare-series-ns002-coomodel-dark-raider?highlight=Nightmare

And lastly, Maggie Smith/McGonagall figure from Star Ace (I can use her Witch Hat for my Wicked Witch of the West), and I’m planning to add the figure (changing the outfit) for my Old West theme — as it’s nice to finally be able to add an older lady to the collection.

820Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:00 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Here's the two Nightmare Series Knights. They have a very difficult time keeping their balance. The weapons and armor are all diecast (sigh), but the chainmail is just cloth. The joints are incredibly stiff, and the wrappings on the arms are just hockey tape, and impede the elbows a bit. Overall they are pretty cool looking, but there's stuff that could have been better. Still, they'll make good "cannon fodder."

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 _dsc3627
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 _dsc3628
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 _dsc3629

821Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:51 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Any one of us would have a hard time keeping our balance if our soft tissues were rotting away... Smile I have picked up some of the pieces for kitbashing.

822Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:22 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great looking figures mark. Though their issues do seem disappointing Sad

823Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Evil Hunter Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:58 pm

ElBundy

ElBundy
One of my favorite iconic gwg (girls with guns) actors is Milla Jovovich. Though 'The Fifth Element' or 'The Story of Joan of Arc' are better films she is best known as Alice in the 'Resident Evil' series. Btw: Besides her career as a model she is/was an excellent singer-songwriter.

This figure is made by SWTOYS. The body is ok, quite solid, though the knee joints look a bit weird. I love her face with the focussed angry look (of course the first pic is faceapped). The sniper rifle and the binoculars are not part of her accessories, but they fit to the window scene.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 51896374229_806f367e91_c0 Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 51896681640_c8e910041b_c1

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 51896035321_a3785002db_c2 Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 51896681790_f78aaa7b05_c3

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 51896374489_46ab3999d7_c4 Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 51896124318_257ccfd504_c6

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 51896124358_2f8e9472c6_c6 Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 51896374189_30ab993de9_c7

824Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:31 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great looking Alice!

825Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:05 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
@Stryker2011
Very nice zombie knights. I tried to pick up such a zombie body, when they were parted out, but had no luck.

@ElBundy
Your SWToys Alice and diorama look great. Only the headsculpt could be a little better. Maybe you want to pick up an alternative Mila head later...

826Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:37 am

Diana

Diana
Nice grabs everyone! Here is my latest:
- Painkiller Jane body (this one also has the problem with the default hands being super stuck. Haven't tried the hair dryer method yet. I also got the hands and head, which I've set aside for now.)
- JXK Malinois (light version)
- JXK white cat
- Mr Z white wolf
- Flirty Girl white wolf

Also: two JXK 1/12 horses, but the photos will have to wait until it's dry outside. Smile

It's getting too crowded on my shelves. I sense a Detolf in my not so distant future...

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Img_3213
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Img_3215
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Img_3214
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Img_3216
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Img_3217
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Img_3219
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Img_3220
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Img_3221
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Img_3222

827Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:55 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
@Diana
The wolves look very good as companions for your shaman duo. Very cool! Also, good to hear (and see) that you could get the Painkiller Jane body and head that you were looking for. Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 1f44d

828Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:24 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Very nice new additions, Diana!

829Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:20 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Those wolves are so nice!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 33 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum