OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Inception Diorama: The first of many awesome movie scenes I'm planning to put together.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Tarexmd

Tarexmd
Inception is quite possibly my favorite movie ever, from my favorite director ever. This is from the opening scene of Inception:

Nolan's script reads the following:

ARTHUR: Dunk him!
*A CLICK* Arthur looks up to find Saito with a gun to his head and a finger to his lips, gesturing silence...

inception - My Inception Diorama: The first of many awesome movie scenes I'm planning to put together. TTqP5NH
inception - My Inception Diorama: The first of many awesome movie scenes I'm planning to put together. XI5cCeD
inception - My Inception Diorama: The first of many awesome movie scenes I'm planning to put together. E1XgOpL
inception - My Inception Diorama: The first of many awesome movie scenes I'm planning to put together. VAKrPSO
inception - My Inception Diorama: The first of many awesome movie scenes I'm planning to put together. PQppB92
inception - My Inception Diorama: The first of many awesome movie scenes I'm planning to put together. ELh2UEQ
inception - My Inception Diorama: The first of many awesome movie scenes I'm planning to put together. 20181110
Costs:

- Di Caprio headsculpt: $15.99
- JGL headsculpt: $25.99
- Watanabe headsculpt: $27.99
- Bodies (x3): $137
- Shoes: $10
- Suits: $74
- Gun: $3.5
- Suitcase: $11.5
- Window+Chair: $32
- Chair: $9
- Bathtub: $22
- Curtain cloth: $5
- Bed: $25
- Cabinet: $5
- Tile floor (hasn't arrived yet): $14

I'm also missing the actual Inception briefcase, but nobody is selling it online. In retrospect, I should have bought the complete Cobb figure and paid an extra $80 to get the briefcase as well. I could have sold the other stuff I didn't want online, like the second Cobb headsculpt with the eyes open.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The diorama looks great! Thanks for sharing.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Really cool. And nice job with the dio.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

inception - My Inception Diorama: The first of many awesome movie scenes I'm planning to put together. C8485110

shazzdan

shazzdan
I like it. Subtle and ambitious at the same time, while precisely recreating the scene. Why did you pick this particular scene to recreate?

Edit: I usually love to see in-progress and "behind-the-scenes" photos that show how these things were put together but this time I think it should be a case of "a magician never reveals his secrets".

Tarexmd

Tarexmd
shazzdan wrote:I like it. Subtle and ambitious at the same time, while precisely recreating the scene. Why did you pick this particular scene to recreate?

Thank you. This scene sets the ambiance for the entire movie. You have no idea what's happening; dreams within dreams. They're in a mansion, then an apartment, then on a train. This scene in particular looked beautiful. Cobb falling in slo-mo into a tub of water with the silhouette lighting. It's also very dynamic. There's motion: The chair is in mid-fall. There's action: A gun is pointed at a character. There's intrigue: Why is the guy with the gun laying down as if he's asleep. Why is the other guy asleep while falling into a tub? It also has relaxing colors and fits just fine.

There's a lamp that's still in transit. It's a 1/6 floor lamp that will improve lighting in the room.

brassco

brassco
this is also an easier scene to recreate...if not you need to figure out how to shoot the tilted buildings! Great work having the figures to suspend in air!

Tarexmd

Tarexmd
brassco wrote:this is also an easier scene to recreate...if not you need to figure out how to shoot the tilted buildings! Great work having the figures to suspend in air!

Thank you. As a matter of fact, I already own MANY miniature souvenir buildings from Paris. Add a few cars and a printout of streets, and you have one very easy and fast diorama. No need to build windows or suspend a chair...etc. It's just that this Paris bending scene has been used too much when talking about the movie, that it wouldn't be as unique a diorama.

Edit - Also, there aren't any Ellen Page headsculpts Very Happy

blackpool

blackpool
very impressive work, I love how the window makes the light and colors very moody and actually perfectly accurate to the movie atmosphere... Excellent work on each figure too (out of curiosity what bodies did you build them on? just asking because I never spend more than 15-20$ on mines, except when I go seamless)

Tarexmd

Tarexmd
blackpool wrote:very impressive work, I love how the window makes the light and colors very moody and actually perfectly accurate to the movie atmosphere... Excellent work on each figure too (out of curiosity what bodies did you build them on? just asking because I never spend more than 15-20$ on mines, except when I go seamless)

Thank you. I also think the lighting makes the scene. I use $15-20 figures too for clothed action figures. For any action figure showing a joint, I go for a Phicen. I also do Phicens when I need a size and build I can't get from the cheap 'hard' ones, e.g. Phicen 36A for a tall Clark Kent.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Man, this is a genuinely beautiful dio. Blackpool's right that the light from the window is really stunning, and really lend it that dreamy atmosphere. Love it.

Ephiane

Ephiane
Great Scene ! The Figures looks like absolute Real

shazzdan

shazzdan
The best dioramas are the ones where you can't tell whether it is a model or real life.

Tarexmd

Tarexmd
ReverendSpooky wrote:Man, this is a genuinely beautiful dio.  Blackpool's right that the light from the window is really stunning, and really lend it that dreamy atmosphere.  Love it.

I do love the lighting and the sillhouette creates a very atmospheric diorama. All my dioramas have "2 levels" of lighting, for when I'm watching a movie and don't want big lights around the TV. For this one, the lower level of lighting will be a small 1:6 scale lamp that will reside between the bed and chair, to provide better lighting in the scene while making the diorama visible when I turn off the light outside the window (which is made of real glass, btw!)

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Tarexmd wrote:
ReverendSpooky wrote:Man, this is a genuinely beautiful dio.  Blackpool's right that the light from the window is really stunning, and really lend it that dreamy atmosphere.  Love it.

I do love the lighting and the sillhouette creates a very atmospheric diorama. All my dioramas have "2 levels" of lighting, for when I'm watching a movie and don't want big lights around the TV. For this one, the lower level of lighting will be a small 1:6 scale lamp that will reside between the bed and chair, to provide better lighting in the scene while making the diorama visible when I turn off the light outside the window (which is made of real glass, btw!)

You'll have to throw up another pic when you get the extra light in. Look forward to seeing how it changes the mood of the scene.

http://reverendspooky.com

Allotropos

Allotropos
mamamia that set up is an absolute thing of beauty !

teamweapon

WOW another killer dio!!!
love this too! even though i have to say not my fave movie, the ending makes me groan so much Sad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum