OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague new product: 1 / 12 ratio steel bone plastic female body - T01A (white skin) & T01B (wheat skin)

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

MarkEl

This is pretty cool. There might be potential to dress it with what’s available with vintage 6” figures. (Under dolls and rarely listed as 1/12). Not sure how the cuts compare. It might need experimenting.

Rogerbee

Founding Father
brassco wrote:if this takes off, a new forum will be needed:

onetwelvefigures.forumotion.com

With you on that one! I want to share my Mafex RoboCop and I've got loads of Figuarts.

Back to this body and I do wonder how durable the skin will be, it might not be as thick as on the 1/6 ones. There is also no mention of the neck joint and what other heads might fit. It could be useless if Mezco or Figuarts wouldn't fit it.

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
We could always start a sticky thread for non-sixth-scale stuff, if you guys wish.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Rogerbee

Founding Father
Yes please!

I think we discussed this during the inception of OSF.

CHEERS!

Peaches

Peaches
Hello, this is my first post Smile. I came across the picture of the girl in the hand and was immediately smitten. So, I ordered one in each color! Now I'm eager for more information and I have searched, but I can not even find this product on the official website! Does anyone know where the original announcement was made? Does the company have a blog? Thanks for making this thread, I hope to have someone to share this cutie with once they start shipping! In the meantime, I'M. Rather desperate for her dimensions so I can start sewing some outfits. I'm wondering how closely she will match the old Dawn doll and if Dawn sewing patterns will work?!?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Peaches wrote:Hello, this is my first post Smile. I came across the picture of the girl in the hand and was immediately smitten.  So, I ordered one in each color!  Now I'm eager for more information and I have searched, but I can not even find this product on the official website!  Does anyone know where the original announcement was made?  Does the company have a blog?  Thanks for making this thread, I hope to have someone to share this cutie with once they start shipping!  In the meantime, I'M. Rather desperate for her dimensions so I can start sewing some outfits.  I'm wondering how closely she will match the old Dawn doll and if Dawn sewing patterns will work?!?

First off. Good morning and welcome aboard. Always glad to get new members. Feel free to check out the rest of the site, and there's a "Member Introduction" sticky at the top of the page in the General discussion section. Please stop in and let us know a little about yourself.

As far as these 1/12 TBLeague bodies, all the information that's currently available on them is here in this thread. This is a Pre-Order item, not currently available, and unfortunately very little information was given as to what clothes would fit them. You can check out TBLeague's homepage (they used to be called Phicen, and oddly, their website still goes by that name), but I didn't find any information on their about these bodies, either:

http://www.phicen.com/

I'm not familiar with Dawn Dolls, but after a quick search, I'm going to say that you'll probably have to modify the patterns if you wanted to make your own clothes. The Dawn body looks very similar to Barbie, and most Barbie clothes won't fit the 1/6 scale TBLeague bodies without some modification as the Barbies aren't as curvy as these. Judging by the pics of these bodies, I'd say any 1/12 clothing made for dolls similar to Barbie would require modification as well. Hope that helps. (By the way I ordered one of each myself -- having no idea what I'm going to be able to do with them. Fairies...? Gotta' get some wings off Etsy, I guess.)

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague new product: 1 / 12 ratio steel bone plastic female body - T01A (white skin) & T01B (wheat skin) - Page 2 C8485110

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
That's the trouble, I'm not sure there are any 1/12 dolls you could get stuff from. Even with the males you don't get much apart from Mezco. Most figures in that scale are all plastic with few cloth goods.

CHEERS!

Ovy

Ovy
GubernatorFan wrote:We could always start a sticky thread for non-sixth-scale stuff, if you guys wish.

Is this still a thing?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:We could always start a sticky thread for non-sixth-scale stuff, if you guys wish.

Is this still a thing?

I'll get together with the other mods and see what we can come up with. It seems like there might be enough interest in the 1/12 size to warrant it. (I bought my first recent 1/12 figure myself -- Popeye -- and he's awesome).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague new product: 1 / 12 ratio steel bone plastic female body - T01A (white skin) & T01B (wheat skin) - Page 2 C8485110

Peaches

Peaches
That'd be awesome RE: A sticky Smile. Thanks @Stryker2011 for at least giving me a reason to stop searching obsessively, LOL. I really like miniature things, and although I can see clothes will be a bit difficult , the doll house stuff is insane. Train interiors, subway stations, escalators, cars! The possibilities are so insane, I'm going to have to make lots of money and double my home size, but bring it on!!! LOL. I Hope they are successful with this line!

@Rogerbee, if only Picco Neemo fit, but they're pretty flat chested Sad. But if the company could make the same kind of detailed clothing for these seamless dolls, it would be amazing!

I guess I'm not an original thinker, LOL, as I plan on making fairies too. I figure they don't need shoes, LOL

PureEnergy

Delanie wrote:but i think this line needs editing " Ultra-durable stainless steel skeleton, can withstand a lot of toss. "

LOL...  

Delaney!  How lewd…

Laughing

I’ve also pre-ordered one of these precious belles - because it already has a Head Sculpt - whereas the lack of such had been a key issue for me with Phicen’s previous petites (the S25, etc., and these do, indeed, also come with clothing).  

Nonetheless, with regard to the latter point, I intend to use this for a fantasy custom of some sort, and I've no real concerns about clothing her (I have made many outfits from scratch at 1:18 scale - so if a “Non-One:Sixth” category ever opens here, I would have plenty to post therein most immediately); the fantasy genres are extremely customizer-friendly, in that costuming is as open as one’s imagination - and certain articles such as gowns, tunics, robes, etc., are especially easy to create.

I don’t know how many times I can repeat myself, but, again - and if so ad nauseam; Phicen / TBLeague produce figures without Head Sculpts - which seems to fall somewhere between short-sighted and inane...  

Or, perhaps there is another explanation; one which involves the particular market strategies of Chinese industry...

PS: Welcome, Peaches!  Smile

Peaches

Peaches
LOL, yes, I don't think they knew what they were saying, Very Happy Very Happy and thank you @PureEnergy Smile  I hope they will open a non-1/6 section if only to see what you have made!  I did make this ad-hoc proportions picture.  No way to know if the heights are the same as the Picco Neemo, but the proportions seem similar, sans the breast size.... another pattern finding avenue perhaps?

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague new product: 1 / 12 ratio steel bone plastic female body - T01A (white skin) & T01B (wheat skin) - Page 2 45884185074_99530a6625_zPNnTBL by ingiebee, on Flickr

Very unscientific, LOL.  And of course, these bodies look like they need to be shown off- so you don't want to put too much clothing on them Razz.  I will say that I find the  hair looks too course, and I'm thinking of getting some mohair to reroot with.  Hope I can find some tutorials for that Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The 1:12 figures section is officially up and running, and I transferred this thread here to get it on its way.

PureEnergy

What about 1:18 scale, Guv? Might such be appropriately placed in the new section as well, or is it rather strictly reserved for 6” figures?

Peaches

Peaches
I'll second the request for other sizes. Kind of a miscellaneous section? I want to see PureEnergy's 1/18 models!

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
I was thinking the same thing. I can't wait to see Stryker review his Popeye, I want that figure myself.

CHEERS!

PureEnergy

Peaches wrote:I'll second the request for other sizes.  Kind of a miscellaneous section?  I want to see PureEnergy's 1/18 models!

Thank you sincerely for your vote of confidence, Peaches.  

Smile

So what of it, then, good sirs?  Would 1:18 scale be acceptable, and if so, should such be included in the "1:12" section, which is quite specifically titled - or perhaps in yet another separate category?

Peaches

Peaches
Since this forum is primarily for 1/6 size, these are all kind of fringe sizes, thus I think it would be cool to make this section inclusive of all non 1/6 scale action figures, just so we can have an "off topic" section?

PureEnergy

Peaches wrote:Since this forum is primarily for 1/6 size, these are all kind of fringe sizes, thus I think it would be cool to make this section inclusive of all non 1/6 scale action figures, just so we can have an "off topic" section?

I would concur...  

Indeed, that sounds entirely reasonable and practical - and would seem to serve to preserve our focus on the intrinsically more relevant, site-specific, 1:6 scale.

What say you, gentlemen?

Ovy

Ovy
I doubt there will ever be as many 'other scale' threads as there are threads in the 1/6 category right now. So one combined otherscale category makes sense, we can just write '1/12', '1/18' etc in the title.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
You have spoken and we have listened; this section is now inclusive to all non-sixth-scale material involving action figures and related items. That said, sixth-scale is intended to remain the main focus of the forum.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Thanks,

It was the way to go.

CHEERS!

PureEnergy

Excellent!  Many thanks, gentlemen.  

Smile

Peaches

Peaches
Thanks @GubernatorFan Very Happy OK, @PureEnergy , lets see it! Very Happy Very Happy

In the mean time, on topic for this thread.... how long do you think it'll take for these cuties to be released? I'm already trying to sew stuff for a doll I know nothing about, LOL

PureEnergy

Peaches wrote:Thanks @GubernatorFan Very Happy  OK, @PureEnergy , lets see it!  Very Happy Very Happy

In the mean time, on topic for this thread.... how long do you think it'll take for these cuties to be released?  I'm already trying to sew stuff for a doll I know nothing about, LOL

Apologies, Peaches.  I had put up several pictures earlier but removed them shortly after posting, having determining them to be less than worthy.  

I will gather some of what I feel are my better quality photos - along with some brand new shots to share.  I sincerely appreciate your interest, and I absolutely refuse to disappoint you…  Wink

As with all art, these works are in perpetual motion - ever transitioning into what they will become; each time that I look at something previously considered adequate, I find something particular about it that I’d like to improve upon (and to display anything that I feel that way about feels rather like a compromise of my own aesthetic standards).  

I appreciate your patience and intend to make the wait worth your while...

PS:  In response to your question; the one that I have on order has a projected arrival between late March and early April...  So, perhaps sew slowly?

Peaches

Peaches
Awwww shoot, I'm just being playful! Don't worry, I surely will be impressed as I've never done any of this stuff before Very Happy

I think I have a bee in my bonnet to make Kaylee from Firefly now anyway, which will keep me busy Very Happy Still trying to choose the best sculpt for her head Razz

PureEnergy

Peaches wrote:Awwww shoot, I'm just being playful!  Don't worry, I surely will be impressed as I've never done any of this stuff before Very Happy

I think I have a bee in my bonnet to make Kaylee from Firefly now anyway, which will keep me busy Very Happy  Still trying to choose the best sculpt for her head Razz

A bee in your bonnet, fireflies up your sleeve, and butterflies all about you...  

Are you, by chance, an entomologist?  

Laughing

Peaches

Peaches
LOL, Nah, just an annoying old lady! Hope I don't get on anyone's nerves ;p

PureEnergy

Mmn, I don’t believe you, Peaches; too much buzz about you…  

That said, you’re not bugging anybody.  LOL.  

And you’re in the right place; we are all ancient children…

We are also, each and all, occasionally annoying…

You just be yourself, young lady, and feel welcome.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum