OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Custom x23

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Custom x23 Empty Custom x23 Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:04 am

Allotropos

Allotropos
Logan was a good movie and I think Dafne Keene was the actual star of the show.
Been a fan of the character ever since she was first introduced in the books being the reason why I bought the 2 versions from Asmus.
As usual - it need some mods and so here they are :

Version 1 right out of the box :
Custom x23 RhIff55

(I've always been annoyed with single jointed knees and elbows - it's just so restrictive)
Version 1 & 2 modded for better articulation around the knees and to enable a more natural kneeling position :
This is teen body Ver. 2 marked for knee surgery (after successfully experimenting on Ver. 1)
Custom x23 KteArcf

Knee joint replacement in progress :
Custom x23 Q644CXx

Version 1 modded and with a custom angry face and home made foot claw :
Custom x23 3nEF7gu
Custom x23 XHYxtpf

Version 2 modded, styled and weathered with generous amounts of blood applied :
Custom x23 FxF8GlF

I also had a few loose parts lying around and so decided to try out a TBL S27B body (the one everyone has been complaining about that nothing fits).
Well - they were all right : nothing fits - and not without some work. She came out okay but I cannot see myself using this petite sized body with other 1/6 scale parts/clothing.

For size reference :
Laura next to Gimli.
Custom x23 EaRZ4b4

Laura next to one of the Gemini girls I upgraded (have to find the time to take more pics of her!!) :
Custom x23 XwQNLua

That's all folks !
Thanks for dropping by !

2Custom x23 Empty Re: Custom x23 Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:46 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very nicely done. The surgery appears to be fully successful, and your customized figures work beautifully -- in all the angry, gory way you want them to appear. Nice photography, too.

3Custom x23 Empty Re: Custom x23 Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:11 am

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
The updated articulation and foot claw look awesome! Well worth is, seeing the more dynamic poses.

And you're right on the new smaller TBL bodies being a bit tricky to find a use for. I actually think you got a good fit with the clothes above. I've actually bought 4 of them so far, and they've been PERFECT to go with the Original Effect heads I've been using for all my House of Seasons figures. But since most of their outfits are all scratchbuilt, I haven't had any issues with clothes fitting yet.

4Custom x23 Empty Re: Custom x23 Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:06 pm

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Better articulation is always a plus to me and you have done a great job. Nicely done.

AFM

5Custom x23 Empty Re: Custom x23 Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:08 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
She’s fantastic. Love all the blood spatter on the angry version. Excellent mods.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Custom x23 C8485110

6Custom x23 Empty Re: Custom x23 Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:10 pm

Mr. Razz

Mr. Razz
.i.

7Custom x23 Empty Re: Custom x23 Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:46 am

Allotropos

Allotropos
GubernatorFan wrote:Very nicely done. The surgery appears to be fully successful, and your customized figures work beautifully -- in all the angry, gory way you want them to appear. Nice photography, too.
actionfiguremovies2 wrote:Better articulation is always a plus to me and you have done a great job. Nicely done.
AFM
Stryker2011 wrote:She’s fantastic. Love all the blood spatter on the angry version. Excellent mods.

GF, ACM & Stryker - thank you kindly and for dropping by.
I'm glad to be able to share what I know with others who may think of doing the same thing in future.

Mr. Razz wrote:Excellent job! Where did the replacement knee joints come from? They look familiar but I can't place them...lol...Didn't know TBL made a smaller body version, either...wow, I'm way behind the times...anyway, I agree with Stryker, the blood effects you did look great! I think Ver.2 is my favorite Cool
Thanks Razz - I used the smaller elbow joints from my parts bin for this project.
The one i'm using is the smallest I think of the lot and there is also another slightly larger one I believe.

ReverendSpooky wrote:The updated articulation and foot claw look awesome! Well worth is, seeing the more dynamic poses.  
And you're right on the new smaller TBL bodies being a bit tricky to find a use for.  I actually think you got a good fit with the clothes above.  I've actually bought 4 of them so far, and they've been PERFECT to go with the Original Effect heads I've been using for all my  House of Seasons figures.  But since most of their outfits are all scratchbuilt, I haven't had any issues with clothes fitting yet.  
Thanks Rev and good tip with the OE heads !
I think I have one somewhere in my bin - will have to check and give it a try !
The clothes are from the Gemini figure and since the clothing could not fit any of my other larger female bodies, - I tried it and it worked out okay for a quick parts bash.

Thanks again for dropping by guys !

8Custom x23 Empty Re: Custom x23 Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:31 pm

dadrab

dadrab
Beautiful work on the mods. The "after" photos prove just how well-done they are.

9Custom x23 Empty Re: Custom x23 Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:14 am

Allotropos

Allotropos
Thanks D much obliged !
Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum