OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dejah Thoris - Custom/Kitbash (NSFW -- mild -- and slightly edited, but fair warning)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

brassco

Dejah Thoris - Custom/Kitbash (NSFW -- mild -- and slightly edited, but fair warning) - Page 2 DIG060505-1-SX360-QL80-TTD
Dejah Thoris - Custom/Kitbash (NSFW -- mild -- and slightly edited, but fair warning) - Page 2 51f7l6og6-BL
Dejah Thoris - Custom/Kitbash (NSFW -- mild -- and slightly edited, but fair warning) - Page 2 Images-q-tbn-ANd9-Gc-S4gy7-Nmvwo-O342-X7-Nt-Qu9j-US1d-2yme-Us8cs-Of3limckk92-T
Dejah Thoris - Custom/Kitbash (NSFW -- mild -- and slightly edited, but fair warning) - Page 2 1-acf8249b9153fe98dbbf161f146d7af8
Dejah Thoris - Custom/Kitbash (NSFW -- mild -- and slightly edited, but fair warning) - Page 2 Johncarter
Dejah Thoris - Custom/Kitbash (NSFW -- mild -- and slightly edited, but fair warning) - Page 2 51jyw-AXe-Lx-L

I see! Have no idea who the character was...but now i am intrigued!

maybe i try to cut the bra in a way that can be worn again on some other figure...

Stryker2011

Founding Father
I haven’t read the comics, to tell you the truth, brassco. I like the cover art, but some of them have me concerned. And the Disney movie altered WAY too much. The problem comes with everyone trying to put “modern” sensibilities and spin on something that was written over 100 years ago. Deja Thoris is not some sword-wielding warrior, she’s a woman. Much like Jane in the Tarzan books, she may be resourceful, and she may fight back, but at the end of the day, they both still need to be “rescued” by their respective men. If you really are interested in knowing the character, go to the original source and read the books; look at the comics for the pretty art.

skywalkersaga

I understand what you mean, Stryker. These days it seems impossible for people to understand something as simple as ‘historical context’ —rather, current culture tends to demand that everything be palatable to their tastes, preferences, and ideologies. Which is just ridiculous, but it’s sadly quite pervasive these days. I feel uncomfortable with those who want to rewrite the past in their own image, rather than try to legitimately understand it within — and by the standards of — its own context. There is an arrogance and dismissive attitude there that astounds me. As if our current era is the pinnacle of philosophical thought and belief, and there is nothing about the past that is worthy or interesting just because it does not tick whatever social justice warrior cause(s) of the day happens to popular.

Some of my favourite female characters are those who are physically ‘weak’, but mentally and emotionally strong. I’ve got nothing against female warrior characters, as there are plenty of those whom I love as well (as well as many who are neither one thing nor another, or who combine multiple qualities), but when it makes more sense for a character to *not* be an outright warrior in their particular historical or cultural context (in the case of fictional settings), then it should indeed be explored, rather than glossed over or altered to fit some other kind of expectation.

Stryker2011

Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:I understand what you mean, Stryker. These days it seems impossible for people to understand something as simple as ‘historical context’ —rather, current culture tends to demand that everything be palatable to their tastes, preferences, and ideologies. Which is just ridiculous, but it’s sadly quite pervasive these days. I feel uncomfortable with those who want to rewrite the past in their own image, rather than try to legitimately understand it within — and by the standards of — its own context. There is an arrogance and dismissive attitude there that astounds me. As if our current era is the pinnacle of philosophical thought and belief, and there is nothing about the past that is worthy or interesting just because it does not tick whatever social justice warrior cause(s) of the day happens to popular.

Some of my favourite female characters are those who are physically ‘weak’, but mentally and emotionally strong. I’ve got nothing against female warrior characters, as there are plenty of those whom I love as well (as well as many who are neither one thing nor another, or who combine multiple qualities), but when it makes more sense for a character to *not* be an outright warrior in their particular historical or cultural context (in the case of fictional settings), then it should indeed be explored, rather than glossed over or altered to fit some other kind of expectation.

I know no other way to respond to this without going off on a tirade of how stupid most people are today, other than to say — Thank you!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:

I know no other way to respond to this without going off on a tirade of how stupid most people are today, other than to say — Thank you!

My pleasure. Wink

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Allotropos

Allotropos
That's some sunburn lol (j/k).
Beautifully done - everything works together very nicely !

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thank you, my friend. Appreciate it.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Dejah Thoris - Custom/Kitbash (NSFW -- mild -- and slightly edited, but fair warning) - Page 2 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well, she is a red lady from a red planet...

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Your Dejah Thoris looks amazing!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Your Dejah Thoris looks amazing!

Thanks you, my friend.

Dejah Thoris - Custom/Kitbash (NSFW -- mild -- and slightly edited, but fair warning) - Page 2 C8485110

Andrew

Andrew
beautifully done figure!!

"I don't plan to die," she laughed, flicking the safety off the chrome plated desert eagle, "But if I do, I'll see you in heaven, little brother. I’ll be the one ramming the harp up St Peter’s tight little asspipe.”  

The Life of Lol.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks, Andrew.

Just recently bought a thin chain from the craft store to see if I can’t make an addition of some kind to the belly chain, but I’m too tied up on the Jabba display to work on it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum