OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Peaches wrote:Wow, you make me shiver in my boots with my own project.  It will look so amateurish!  I'm in awe!

Don’t get discouraged, Peaches. Everyone has to start somewhere. ShovelChop has been at this for quite some time, and he’s a maestro at thinking outside the box. I’m sure your project will turn out cool.

shovelchop81

Peaches wrote:Wow, you make me shiver in my boots with my own project.  It will look so amateurish!  I'm in awe!

Don't doubt your abilities, everyone's their own worst critic! Yes experience and techniques go a long way to improving custom work but that can all be learnt over time, there's no rush, enjoy learning something new everyday, I still do! Very Happy I also get frustrated at times, it's only natural, just take a break and do something else for a bit and come back with fresh eyes. 'Keep The Faith' as Bon Jovi say LOL.

Stryker2011 wrote:

Don’t get discouraged, Peaches. Everyone has to start somewhere. ShovelChop has been at this for quite some time, and he’s a maestro at thinking outside the box. I’m sure your project will turn out cool.

Exactly, share your work with pride and pick up any tips while you're at it if you feel you need them. Cheers Mark! Then I use the box to make something... Wink

skywalkersaga

The lighting you've added really does take it to another level, I'm loving it!

shovelchop81

skywalkersaga wrote:The lighting you've added really does take it to another level, I'm loving it!

Thank you SWS!

Got the last bit of EL-Wire to install then make a splitter. I finally got around to painting the mechanical arms but now have to work out how to attach them best, probably magnets like the original ones. I built my first Master Grade Gundam figure (the other was Perfect Grade), it's amazing how small they turn out when compared to their boxes which come jam packed with runners of parts, just a lot of engineering in one little figure.

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 NveAJPU

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 9ndMAi4

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 4yfOMEw

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 NPeaD1G

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 KhsdPYP

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 XqhuMzx

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 XZDW7eI

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Very cool, Alex. You must be getting close to the finish line on the gantry. Seeing this baby in action is going to be sweet.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Very cool, Alex. You must be getting close to the finish line on the gantry. Seeing this baby in action is going to be sweet.

Well it won't spin or actually take his armour off! lol! Wink

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Those arms look perfect!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Those arms look perfect!

Thanks GF! The paint match and the screws help offset most of the design differences I hope.

Nothing exciting but needed to be done, mounted the shoulder armour in a way similar to HT's version (rather than the KO's lazy effort of just plugging it into torso armour too far forward and not able to articulate) but without the fancy hinges and springs to do it. I just drilled carefully and applied SG very carefully so not to muck up his shoulder articulation, seems to work well. I also applied nail varnish to all his fingers and arm joints to tighten them up, then painted some on his mechanical chest parts for a glossier finish.

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 0wyiCRG

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 UZTKOwy

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 ZYYjL4Z

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 Y18rpRL

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 WQe7JDn

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 NHUwyhD

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 X486IbS

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 AKidNYy

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 PsAcvg1

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 3XYFfF3

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 5paT9dP

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 CIOk3A6

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 CywwZIx

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 Sova87n

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 W1Orhrb

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 TzpLi4t

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looking good, my friend. So, when you finish the gantry are you going to do sequential photos of the arms taking off bits of his armour! ‘cause that would be epic.

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Looking good, my friend. So, when you finish the gantry are you going to do sequential photos of the arms taking off bits of his armour! ‘cause that would be epic.

I'll give it a go! Wink I was thinking of calling it (the finished pics thread) 'Date Night' as JARVIS is reminding him in the movie clip that Pepper is expecting him, thought her turning late as Rescue would be an amusing twist.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nicely done. And I see what you guys meant about the film's CGI making the robo-hands (or whatever they really are) look too thin; this looks more plausible.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Nicely done. And I see what you guys meant about the film's CGI making the robo-hands (or whatever they really are) look too thin; this looks more plausible.

You lost me there a bit GF, I haven't changed any parts, must be the camera angle/lighting? I'm still bugged by that unarmoured arm's 'puffiness' and will probably redo it super tight using a stronger mesh as this type is prone to shredding.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Redone the left arm to make it thinner. I was going to use some black shrink tube but couldn't find any the right size so painted the arm instead, the mesh I needed to use was the wrong colour but everything else was right so I painted that too. I sewed the mesh on tight, trimmed it, took it off and put it back on with the seam edges on the inside. Then reattached the wires and armour bits with the bands trimmed down for the now slenderer arm. Looks the part now, glad I redid it, I still need to make a ball for the socket inside the torso to attach it properly though.

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 UOuzmyG

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 1qwth6T

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 1VCW66r

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 Mxo0EwI

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 BUSAg3F

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 GeTvZv5

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 8tHsCy3

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 IC74d83

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 8IP3Yxt

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 QjlKtqS

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 TCoBcB5

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 24wXCBZ

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 QZUBNOc

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 OAGuoiM

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 1rwNJVG

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 PJ0BjEy

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 EiWdewc

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
OOh, the new arm looks GREAT, well done!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
skywalkersaga wrote:OOh, the new arm looks GREAT, well done!

THANKS! Very Happy

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Turned out great. Nice job on the arm and mesh.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I wasn't complaining about it before, but this is certainly even better!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Turned out great. Nice job on the arm and mesh.

Thank you Stryker!

GubernatorFan wrote:I wasn't complaining about it before, but this is certainly even better!

I was constantly! LOL Wink It's taking the time with little things like this that bug you then work out the way you want it that make attempting it worthwhile to me.

I'm on the scrounge for magnets now as I'm skint since I just preordered the HT IM MKL (50) figure, only paid a deposit too! Embarassed Well I'll be taking by bag full of mini speakers apart in hope of finding some usable ones for the arms of the Gantry.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Did what I said above, seemed to have worked out fine and is free. I finally found the elusive connector to finish making the splitter wire for the EL-Wire. Cut the base plate to make trap doors for arms to come out from/go back in etc.. needs filing and black paint along with the steps.

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 ISCHR7C

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 Q2f76v6

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 KRam8Y0

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 SqczUhL

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 DakeYuI

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 G266lLM

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 KkI3ZbB

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 EnX748e

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 SNFj8O9

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think your desk lamp has been possessed by robotic technology! Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Really inventive stuff, Alex. I’m constantly impressed by your ingenuity.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:I think your desk lamp has been possessed by robotic technology! Smile

LOL! I blame Doctor Smith's magnetic spiders (they are there, from the 'Lost In Space' movie toy).

Stryker2011 wrote:Really inventive stuff, Alex. I’m constantly impressed by your ingenuity.

Cheers! You just need to know where to look, the idea came to me as I was nodding off I think, that's normally when I get eureka moments! Wink

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
The first batch of pics are just to show you why I needed more ferrous anchor points for the gantry arms, the existing positions are all too low to be used by themselves. I made more by using some thin sheet steel that I had cut off a guitar rack to make one of my gun racks, then after some filing and bending super glued them in place. I've now got clear nail varnish drying on the original arms I converted to be articulated as they were a bit loose due to the heavy resin they are made from. All the arms are interchangeable of course due to the magnet system.

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 HDJi6rv

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 RHkFEaz

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 Cs9vElw

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 Luz1qcl

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 P5ZSllb

MASKING EL-WIRE FOR PAINT LATER

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 IM3xzHl

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 4C5qlgq

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 JcYNm9W

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 PqgERPX

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 0Y8f3ji

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 FR16xur

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 Et9NIPw

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 M6OZDgw

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 4mzeAzA

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 1gvmqx4

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 SwVxKxv

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 IASV3bc

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 ERsJJ0p

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Oh yes, very definitely an improvement!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Impressive. Complex looking work.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh, wow! I have to admit, when you mentioned the robotic arms you were attaching, I had no idea what you were talking about. It's been absolutely YEARS since I saw the first Iron Man films, and I only saw one Avengers movie way back when it first came out. So I really couldn't picture what you meant. But now I get it -- and it looks excellent! Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Oh yes, very definitely an improvement!

Stryker2011 wrote:Impressive. Complex looking work.

skywalkersaga wrote:Oh, wow! I have to admit, when you mentioned the robotic arms you were attaching, I had no idea what you were talking about. It's been absolutely YEARS since I saw the first Iron Man films, and I only saw one Avengers movie way back when it first came out. So I really couldn't picture what you meant. But now I get it -- and it looks excellent! Smile

Thanks guys!! SWS: yeah it's kind of like a roiling sea of arms and annular armatures that convolute and spin around him as he walks, taking off bits of armour and storing it under the retracting floor as he strides down the landing platform on STARK Tower whilst talking to JARVIS as he goes.

I've now attached his left arm and hand properly also cut up and dremelled the armoured arm turning it into separate pieces to be held by the many arms which will hold his helmet parts and chest plate too;now I just need to work out how to do all that! Wink

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 EYrwCxt

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 NPaAdvk

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 33K4dfe

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 VzxlLZl

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 GFjQDXd

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 SALIOyl

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 XOFIOf0

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 DKnUCIz

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 5hv9p05

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 WU5QXUf

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 Bqd5CnL

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 YAKuUQp

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 TmO70yb

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 5 1QLgyz9

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
You should set all this at one end of a scene, and at the other you should put Dr Strange grooming himself with all of his extra hands and arms. Smile

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
That looks brilliant!

Sorry if I've been a bit AWOL of late. I've been playing around with the driving game Assetto Corsa and all the modding you can do with it. So much fun and frustration in equal measure.

CHEERS!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum