OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

DIY Robot head and Figure

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1DIY Robot head and Figure Empty DIY Robot head and Figure Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:14 pm

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
I'm a big fan of Robots, especially ThreeA. I'm also a big Ironman fan and anything post-apocalyptic.
I was able to purchase the Ten Figure Gang head, that I have on my profile pic Figure, for a reasonable price. They aren't readily available, so I took a stab at making one for myself.
It's not great, but I WAS ABLE TO BUILD THIS IN A CAVE! WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS!
Totally a work in progress, proof a concept kinda thing, if only for myself.
I hope you enjoy...
DIY Robot head and Figure Img_7210
DIY Robot head and Figure Img_7212
DIY Robot head and Figure Img_7211
DIY Robot head and Figure Img_7213
DIY Robot head and Figure Img_7311
DIY Robot head and Figure Img_7310

2DIY Robot head and Figure Empty Re: DIY Robot head and Figure Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:27 pm

Peaches

Peaches
That looks really cool, can you enlighten us on what you used? I don't recognize the objects used? Also, what is the ten figure gang? Very Happy Thanks Very Happy

3DIY Robot head and Figure Empty Re: DIY Robot head and Figure Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:31 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That turned out cool. I hope that isn’t what 3A uses to make theirs, I’d feel bad paying all that money for something that someone with your skills can make with found objects — and it looks just as good as theirs. Nice job. I miss seeing your robots. They’re fun, and cool. Please share more.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

DIY Robot head and Figure C8485110

4DIY Robot head and Figure Empty Re: DIY Robot head and Figure Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:26 pm

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Peaches wrote:That looks really cool, can you enlighten us on what you used?  I don't recognize the objects used? Also, what is the ten figure gang?  Very Happy  Thanks Very Happy

Stryker2011 wrote:That turned out cool. I hope that isn’t what 3A uses to make theirs, I’d feel bad paying all that money for something that someone with your skills can make with found objects — and it looks just as good as theirs. Nice job. I miss seeing your robots. They’re fun, and cool. Please share more.

Thanks! The top of his head is from an old coffee, thermos, type container. I shaved the threads off with a utility knife. Just below that , in yellow, is the cap to a vitamin container. Below that is an aluminum ring from inside an old hard drive and finally, an aluminum part purchased on eBay. It was originally a novelty keychain made to look like a steering wheel coupler from a race car, in miniature. All of this was epoxied together and a BBI neck connector was superglued to the bottom. The eyes are simply small round parts glue on.
Everything was scrounged from my scrap box and selected primarily for fit to the next part. .
The Ten Finger Gang, from ThreeA, is part of their Adventure Kartell line. They are Ten evil robot Zombies who, along with their leader King Thumb, try to Kidnapp the hero's ( Tommy Mission ) girlfriend. I don't specifically follow the story, beyond enjoying the design of the head. I happen to have Number 10, who wears a yellow boiler suit and carries several handguns.
Each gang member has a specific color and specialty weapons.
ThreeA makes their heads from a mold-casted vinyl, if I recall correctly.
They are very high quality and my DIY is simply my best effort to make a suitable facsimile.
I am working on another similar one as well, with the differences reflecting the ad-hoc manufacturing practices in my storyline.

5DIY Robot head and Figure Empty Re: DIY Robot head and Figure Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:57 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Your custom/kitbashed robot came out great! Thanks for sharing with us.

6DIY Robot head and Figure Empty Re: DIY Robot head and Figure Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:23 am

shazzdan

shazzdan
Nice job. I want to use a wooden mannequin to make a robot.

DIY Robot head and Figure S-l300

I have a rough idea but not an executable plan yet. It basically involves spray painting it silver then digging out chunks of wood and gluing in electrical and mechanical components.

7DIY Robot head and Figure Empty Re: DIY Robot head and Figure Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:44 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Fantastic ! You turn a piecse of plastic in rusted metal !

8DIY Robot head and Figure Empty Re: DIY Robot head and Figure Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:55 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Excellent work ! I really like that style of robot head, and yours looks awesome !

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

9DIY Robot head and Figure Empty Re: DIY Robot head and Figure Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:55 am

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
GubernatorFan wrote:Your custom/kitbashed robot came out great! Thanks for sharing with us.

shazzdan wrote:Nice job. I want to use a wooden mannequin to make a robot.

DIY Robot head and Figure S-l300

I have a rough idea but not an executable plan yet. It basically involves spray painting it silver then digging out chunks of wood and gluing in electrical and mechanical components.

Ephiane wrote:Fantastic ! You turn a piecse of plastic in rusted metal !

skywalkersaga wrote:Excellent work ! I really like that style of robot head, and yours looks awesome !

Thank you everyone!
Shazzdan: Here is one of my first attempts at making a "damaged cyborg"
Using a Cast off GI Joe body. At one time it had lights and a severed arm ( no idea where that went.) as well as an aluminum neck post.
Basically, I think your idea will work great. You can make a robot or cyborg from almost anything.
DIY Robot head and Figure Img_7313
DIY Robot head and Figure Img_7312
DIY Robot head and Figure Img_7314
DIY Robot head and Figure Img_7315

You may find roles of metal foil tape, from the dollar store can help with the metal effects. It conforms to the body shapes well and has a nice shine.

10DIY Robot head and Figure Empty Re: DIY Robot head and Figure Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:15 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
He looks rad as hell! Totally nails the 3A asthetic. And he look ready for mischief and mayhem with that chainsaw.

11DIY Robot head and Figure Empty Re: DIY Robot head and Figure Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:45 pm

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
ReverendSpooky wrote:He looks rad as hell!  Totally nails the 3A asthetic. And he look ready for mischief and mayhem with that chainsaw.  

He does at that!
I have started detailing a flamethrower for him as an alternate weapon. I will post that when it is done.

12DIY Robot head and Figure Empty Re: DIY Robot head and Figure Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:20 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Great little droid, very creative!

CHEERS!

13DIY Robot head and Figure Empty Re: DIY Robot head and Figure Sun May 23, 2021 12:27 pm

MX-V

MX-V
Hi, I'm new here and this is my first post.
Wow! how cool. I love self made stuff.
Especially robots and cyborgs.
I forward to adding to this topic.

14DIY Robot head and Figure Empty Re: DIY Robot head and Figure Sun May 23, 2021 1:18 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
MX-V wrote:Hi, I'm new here and this is my first post.

I look forward to it. You might even lure Pontiacivan out of retirement. Smile

15DIY Robot head and Figure Empty Re: DIY Robot head and Figure Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:45 pm

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
GubernatorFan wrote:
MX-V wrote:Hi, I'm new here and this is my first post.

I look forward to it. You might even lure Pontiacivan out of retirement. Smile

Probably about time I slowed my life down and stopped in to visit! I have made a few more Robot Gang members,if I can figure out how to post images again, I will put them up.

16DIY Robot head and Figure Empty Re: DIY Robot head and Figure Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:47 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Hey hey hey! Welcome back, brother. Would love to see the new Robot Gang members.

Hope this link will help:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t169-recommended-image-posting-procedures

17DIY Robot head and Figure Empty Re: DIY Robot head and Figure Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:50 pm

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
DIY Robot head and Figure 78fd6e10
DIY Robot head and Figure 343ce610
DIY Robot head and Figure 1b25b910
DIY Robot head and Figure Fc02c310

The pink fellow is a real ThreeA Finger Gang figure. Several heads are real ThreeA, but the rest are all fabricated heads and configurations. I hope they are enjoyable!

18DIY Robot head and Figure Empty Re: DIY Robot head and Figure Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:51 pm

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Stryker2011 wrote:Hey hey hey! Welcome back, brother. Would love to see the new Robot Gang members.

Hope this link will help:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t169-recommended-image-posting-procedures

Thanks! Just needed the refresh!

19DIY Robot head and Figure Empty Re: DIY Robot head and Figure Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:56 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice to have you back, Pontiacivan! And you came with an army of weathered and individualized robotheads! Some would be intimidated. I say "What a delight!" Smile And I see they are up to the strength of a Star Wars stormtrooper squad of 9.

20DIY Robot head and Figure Empty Re: DIY Robot head and Figure Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:30 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Some cool looking figures. That’s quite the “respectable” gang. Great stuff.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum