OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fractured World-The Flame

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fractured World-The Flame Empty Fractured World-The Flame Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:51 pm

ravrohan

Finally, time to post up my favorite shots of my first character.  She's without a name so far but it'll come in time, and I'll take suggestions too if you have them.  When I designed this character, and some of my future plans, I base it around who they are to me, what their story is, and what world that story happens in.  Then I look at what I can get and how badly it's going to hurt my wallet.  

So, going along with the story, I hope that part is enjoyable, it's not my most refined work, but it sets things up alright. Smile
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Flame

"Why?  Just, why?  Why can't these hands hold anything?  ANYTHING!?"

Fractured World-The Flame 4104502

The woman of vermillion hair stared at her hands, still expecting them to be covered in blood, almost wishing they were.  The ash blowing off from between her fingers was a poor replacement for the blood of her little ones killer.

Fractured World-The Flame 4104505

"Why?  My wee bairn, in all the Fractured World, all the children, why mine?"

"Because yours was special."
Fractured World-The Flame 4104506

The woman spun around, looking for the source of the strange raspy voice.

"Oh I'm not there, physically anyway," the voice cackled softly.

"What do ye want then?" her hands balling into fists.

"For you to save my champion, and become his.  When you do he will lead you to all the vengeance you can stomach.  As long as he lives."

"Truly?"

"I only speak truly!" he cackled once more, "Just hold onto that dagger, it will guide you, but not lead you."

"Do ye always speak so... weird?"

"Oh, believe me, it only gets weirder from here."

She narrowed her eyes, her lips pursed, but this voice was promising vengeance as long as she saved a life?  Did he know of the life she left behind?  
"Right, I'll get myself sorted, where we headin?"

"Why, across the Fractured World of course."

Fractured World-The Flame 4104509

Fractured World-The Flame 4104507

Fractured World-The Flame 4104503

Fractured World-The Flame 4104519

Fractured World-The Flame 4104513

Fractured World-The Flame 4104518

Fractured World-The Flame 4104525

Fractured World-The Flame 4104527
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have plenty more, but that seems like enough for now.  

Partial part list

TBLeague 21b (Suntan)
Tamoe wrist wraps
TBL Cowgirl top (lightly painted)
TBL Red Sonja thigh guards
Shooter Glasses
Emerging Force - Machine Gun
Ada Wong - Grapple Gun
War Angel Angela - Shotgun Shells w/ Holster.  Funny thing, her thighs are too large, so this had to go on an arm. It's still a tight fit.
Sideshow Punisher - Pistol
Painkiller Jane - Shotgun w/ Shells +modified blade from a 1/144 Hi-Nu Brave gundam kit.
Painkiller Jane boots
Very Cool Black Female Knee Pads
TBLeague Egyptian arm band
Manmodel Dual belts w/ pouch
The necklace is from a small keyfob I plucked the key off.

Hope this is a good first entry to the board Smile I know I need to work on a lot. After her photo shoot, I cleaned up some of the paintworks on the weapons and chest piece, cleaned up a little on her. Also need to work on getting a few pieces for a backdrop and basic set. Also, hair care, wth.

I'm already working on 'The Champion' and some of the above. Hope to get that done to satisfaction soonish Smile

2Fractured World-The Flame Empty Re: Fractured World-The Flame Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:52 pm

ravrohan

Bah, I forgot some of the stuff she had in the pics above.  So here's a quick shot showing her shotgun shell armband, the punisher pistol, and grapple gun.

Fractured World-The Flame 4104534

3Fractured World-The Flame Empty Re: Fractured World-The Flame Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:25 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
She had me at "bairn" Smile Very nice kitbash. Especially like the look with the shooting glasses -- where they fit correctly.

4Fractured World-The Flame Empty Re: Fractured World-The Flame Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:35 pm

Peaches

Peaches
She looks ready to go on an adventure (more to take a life than to save one, but might have to do both, eh?) LOL excellent

5Fractured World-The Flame Empty Re: Fractured World-The Flame Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:37 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Very cool. Looking forward to seeing the other characters. Nice job.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Fractured World-The Flame C8485110

6Fractured World-The Flame Empty Re: Fractured World-The Flame Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:45 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Very cool! A lot of great sci-fi and fantasy elements, with a bit of an anime flair. And always happy seeing people exploring their own stories. Look forward to see where this goes!

7Fractured World-The Flame Empty Re: Fractured World-The Flame Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:18 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh, awesome! When you mentioned you were creating a figure, I didn’t realise you were also writing a story to go along with it — so creative! I really like the black&white with the dash of red colour scheme for her ... very striking !

Looking forward to seeing more! : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

8Fractured World-The Flame Empty Re: Fractured World-The Flame Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:45 am

ravrohan

GubernatorFan wrote:She had me at "bairn" Smile Very nice kitbash. Especially like the look with the shooting glasses -- where they fit correctly.
As I Was writing her up I wrote child, paused, looked at her, and bairn just felt more right  Laughing I do like the glasses, and they only cost me a dollar, but she had a spill the other day and the arm snapped off on one side.  I'll be trying to fix it before I buy another pair.  Maybe red tinted.

Peaches wrote:She looks ready to go on an adventure (more to take a life than to save one, but might have to do both, eh?)  LOL excellent

Well, as long as she gets to take some, she'll be 'happy'  Wink Lives saved along the way may be bonus, a distraction, or some redemption.

Stryker2011 wrote:Very cool. Looking forward to seeing the other characters. Nice job.
Thanks much! I have one guy near done, plans for a third.  Female, considering one of the smaller, but not smallest TBL bodies.  Or a jointed one since I think she'll be covered more.  The forth is male, but I don't know much more than that yet.  

ReverendSpooky wrote:Very cool!  A lot of great sci-fi and fantasy elements, with a bit of an anime flair.  And always happy seeing people exploring their own stories.  Look forward to see where this goes!

Thanks!  I think the story is what gives our creations the extra push to seem more alive. Smile

skywalkersaga wrote:Oh, awesome! When you mentioned you were creating a figure, I didn’t realise you were also writing a story to go along with it — so creative! I really like the black&white with the dash of red colour scheme for her ... very striking !

Looking forward to seeing more! : )

Yep Smile Though the world itself didn't come to me until recently.  It had to be something that I was capable of showing through a camera, but was interesting enough to me for me to write about it.

I wanted to keep her colors pretty simple, and stick to a theme for my first few characters.  It also nicely sums up her present world view.

Looking foward to showing you more!  Thanks Very Happy

9Fractured World-The Flame Empty Re: Fractured World-The Flame Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:50 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Oh I hate it when these little glasses break... do replace them. And if they are a buck each, get yourself both clear and red. I think they're worth it. Smile

10Fractured World-The Flame Empty Re: Fractured World-The Flame Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:55 pm

ravrohan

The red ones are a little more, but I may just buy up whatever cheapo sets I find for replacements. Then store a red-tinted pair separately for safety's sake and only take them out for photos.

11Fractured World-The Flame Empty Re: Fractured World-The Flame Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:18 pm

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
I like everything about this figure. Very nice headsculpt. The backstory and props are top notch. Thanks for sharing it! Loved it!

12Fractured World-The Flame Empty Re: Fractured World-The Flame Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:33 pm

ravrohan

Pontiacivan wrote:I like everything about this figure. Very nice headsculpt. The backstory and props are top notch. Thanks for sharing it! Loved it!

Thanks for the kind words! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum