OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FREE image hosting by Servimg.com | How I accessed it, etc.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
See subject.

This is not necessarily an endorsement for free image hosting by servimg.com, but I'm passing along what I know based on experience thus far.

When we created our Forumotion account and used the servimg.com free image hosting, we created an account with servimg.com as well using the e-mail address for our Forumotion account.  I wondered exactly where all my images I uploaded were hosted/placed?

I went to the servimg.com home page and attempted login using my Forumotion credentials.  It didn't work indicating I had the wrong password or e-mail address.  I choose the option to reset my password and enter my e-mail address used for Forumotion.  In a few moments, I received an e-mail with a link to acknowledge along with a new password.  It worked.

https://servimg.com/?lang=en

I then updated my profile with relevant information and saw all the photos I upload since joining OSF.  The display and features are very basic.  Servimg.com also provides an option to delete the account as well.

I like what I'm seeing thus far and I may use this an another choice/option for photo hosting.  I don't know what the hosting capacity limit is based on what I read thus far, but I figure I'll get around to it.

If any of you have used servimg.com for image hosting, I hope the information helps.

If any questions, then post it here and I'll see if I can provide any further examples/screen shots.

FREE image hosting by Servimg.com | How I accessed it, etc. Servim10

FREE image hosting by Servimg.com | How I accessed it, etc. Servim11

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I've been using it (albeit, unwittingly) for all the "New Product" threads I've started, and for quite a few of the extra images I've been posting of late, since regular posting through Imgur is a little wonky. I have yet to login to it specifically to see what's all there.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

FREE image hosting by Servimg.com | How I accessed it, etc. C8485110

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
Stryker2011 wrote:I've been using it (albeit, unwittingly) for all the "New Product" threads I've started, and for quite a few of the extra images I've been posting of late, since regular posting through Imgur is a little wonky. I have yet to login to it specifically to see what's all there.

--

I say take the effort and time and do it like I did.

Nothing ventured. Nothing gained.

Let me put it this way.

You're at a comic book/hobby shop and seen a nice looking woman. She's somewhat plain Jane, but you notice her and she notices you. The two of you engage in casual conversation. You really think nothing of it. This continues for a while. You soon realize there is an opportunity and you decide to do it. You find out there is more to her than what you saw and you like it thus far. You don't know how far it may go and last, but you and her are both benefitting from it.

So there.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I just clicked on the link above and was able to log on immediately using my email and the same password I use here. Easy peasy... all the pics I've posted in the new product threads are there.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

FREE image hosting by Servimg.com | How I accessed it, etc. C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I like it and have found it to be an easy to use option. And I don't warm up to new things easily... Then again, I was not wedded to any other image hosting facility, and I am not crazy about Servimg changing the ends of image names or numbers (slightly), but it is a very very minor thing.

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
GubernatorFan wrote:I like it and have found it to be an easy to use option. And I don't warm up to new things easily... Then again, I was not wedded to any other image hosting facility, and I am not crazy about Servimg changing the ends of image names or numbers (slightly), but it is a very very minor thing.

--

Yeah.

It's like have a new girlfriend who only wears bras and panties with lace and another who only wears tanga panties, but no bras.

Sure.

In the end it all comes off, but each have their own quirks you debate about saying or not . . . for the sake of keeping things peacefully.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Interesting to know all this. I tried to use Servimg.com last week (on Gubernator's suggestion, once I realized that my using OSW gallery hosted links wouldn't work for being visible to everyone). I couldn't get on; my using the same id and password that I had used here to sign on to OSF didn't do anything. Gave up on that, tried something else, eventually I went with Flickr. And then yesterday I got the same kind of "Welcome to Servimg email please sign on" Email that DFC describes above. Except in my case, it was several days between my unsuccessful attempt to sign for an account on Servimg, forgetting about it completely, and then getting the Welcome to Servimg email out of the blue. So kind of moot now. Maybe (since Servimg is connected to Forumotion) it took them until now to activate some protocol relating to OSF specifically.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum