OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Given the group's recent PhotoBucket issue, I believe we pulled together well under the circumstances . . .

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
See subject.

Maybe I'm posting this prematurely?

Given our group's first major technical challenge, I believe we managed thus far to pull together quite well.

If I read the issue's root cause, something within Forumotion caused the image link coding for PhotoBucket to change causing the PB hosted images not to appear.

From what I can gather, the issue is resolved within our group by most pending verification from blackpool, TGF, and any other member using PhotoBucket.

The group never boasted or claimed everything is rock solid 100% as GubernatorFan is still settling in by tweaking and checking admin panel functions for the group as well as addressing the needs of group members.  We're not doing too bad considering our group is less than 30 days old.

For everyone who is still with us and have posted, thank you.

For those who joined and have yet to post, please introduce yourself and join in/participate.

Some things likely may still be WIP, but please understand we're doing the best we can and we're acknowledging issues as they arise.

OH, YEAH . . . I'm mod here.  I guess I must have done something right in a previous life as a buxom exotic stripper like wearing red panties in sheer white outfit or something.

#discussion

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
And a lot of the credit goes to DFC, who valiantly plowed through what was already a growing mass of posts regarding the issue, registered with Forumotion support and initiated our former inquiry into it. He also talked me off a ledge and pointed me in the same direction and to the same end.

We are thankful to Tank Girl and blackpool for their patience, and to all who participated in the process with information and feedback; special mention of BAD WOLF, Kukolka, MarkEl, Paul, Roger, Shazzdan, and the indefatigable Stryker.

We hope that with the passing of this storm, we are in for plenty of smooth sailing ahead.
Anchors away!

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
And now we resume our regularly scheduled programming.

Here's an oldie, but goodie song from a critically acclaimed block buster film.

Enjoy.

Wink Razz

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Well done guys, great job, and I think I speak for everyone in expressing our appreciation.

I haven't looked at Photobucket again since the original debacle; and I don't expect to deal with them ever again while I live. After that tho, I'll probably have to deal with them again as I am sure Photobucket is the fle host they use in Hell.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote: After that tho, I'll probably have to deal with them again as I am sure Photobucket is the fle host they use in Hell.

That made me spit out my drink laughing (is SOMDL an accepted acronym?). Luckily there's an easy fix, MBAM -- just don't go to hell! Smile

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote: After that tho, I'll probably have to deal with them again as I am sure Photobucket is the fle host they use in Hell.

That made me spit out my drink laughing (is SOMDL an accepted acronym?). Luckily there's an easy fix, MBAM -- just don't go to hell! Smile

But, people keep telling me to... Twisted Evil

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
I have to admit the recent technical challenge utilized skills I haven't used since I worked for a major ISP back in the day.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I'm just glad we could all pull together to make it work. And we are all grateful to the mods for putting up with all the complaints (and especially me and my constant posts and PMs).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Given the group's recent PhotoBucket issue, I believe we pulled together well under the circumstances . . . C8485110

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
Stryker2011 wrote:I'm just glad we could all pull together to make it work. And we are all grateful to the mods for putting up with all the complaints (and especially me and my constant posts and PMs).

--

I feel left out.

I didn't receive any PMs from you. If I did, I would have just replied back with pics of scantily clad ladies.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Sorry, Chung. But, consider yourself lucky. Unfortunately for GubernatorFan, he was the one to get them. Well... we were trading them back and forth for a bit trying to figure out some of the issues from a non-mod POV.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Given the group's recent PhotoBucket issue, I believe we pulled together well under the circumstances . . . C8485110

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
I'm not sure what I contributed, but, I was there I guess.

Thanks for helping to fix things

CHEERS!

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
DeltaForceChung wrote:See subject.

Maybe I'm posting this prematurely?

Given our group's first major technical challenge, I believe we managed thus far to pull together quite well.

If I read the issue's root cause, something within Forumotion caused the image link coding for PhotoBucket to change causing the PB hosted images not to appear.

From what I can gather, the issue is resolved within our group by most pending verification from blackpool, TGF, and any other member using PhotoBucket.

The group never boasted or claimed everything is rock solid 100% as GubernatorFan is still settling in by tweaking and checking admin panel functions for the group as well as addressing the needs of group members.  We're not doing too bad considering our group is less than 30 days old.

For everyone who is still with us and have posted, thank you.

For those who joined and have yet to post, please introduce yourself and join in/participate.

Some things likely may still be WIP, but please understand we're doing the best we can and we're acknowledging issues as they arise.

OH, YEAH . . . I'm mod here.  I guess I must have done something right in a previous life as a buxom exotic stripper like wearing red panties in sheer white outfit or something.

GubernatorFan wrote:And a lot of the credit goes to DFC, who valiantly plowed through what was already a growing mass of posts regarding the issue, registered with Forumotion support and initiated our former inquiry into it. He also talked me off a ledge and pointed me in the same direction and to the same end.

We are thankful to Tank Girl and blackpool for their patience, and to all who participated in the process with information and feedback; special mention of BAD WOLF, Paul, Roger, Shazzdan, and the indefatigable Stryker.

We hope that with the passing of this storm, we are in for plenty of smooth sailing ahead.
Anchors away!

Thanks to you both! I love you I posted some revealing info in the two sticky threads covering this issue, so I won't do it again here, but I just wanted to thank you both for your patience and dogged determination to get to the bottom of this especially over a weekend. And of course, all the effort and great work by Stryker and Roger by providing constant feedback and testing.

This board is still small and nascent, but the core group showed it's true colors in coming together and not giving up. I believe that will go a long way in inspiring confidence and loyalty amongst the new membership who witnessed it. I know you've won me over.

scalawag

scalawag
It was great to see everyone pulling together to get this one sorted out, and I am glad to see that things are now back to relative normality.

I think an especially big thank you is due to the forums Staff for their persistence in attempting to resolve this matter, it was really refreshing to see.

I think the major difference between this and other boards I post on is that this one is run by enthusiast for the love of the hobby.  I am sure that this is a big factor in how problems are addressed here.

Most other boards I post on are run for someone else to make profit from these days.  They may have started as boards for enthusiasts, but that is not what they are now.  As a result if a fault in the system is not going to cost the owner money if it remains unresolved then it is likely to not get looked at.  I find that elsewhere it can be pointless even asking about an issue, and I have even had instances where I haven't even had a reply back from the people who run the board they are really that bothered about resolving problems for members.  
On top of that a lot of the problems on other forums are because of the little add ons (and sometimes not so little add ons) which are put in place by the owners to maximise their earning potential.

This forum is not only new it is a breath of fresh air, because it is all about our hobby, and only about our hobby, and is provided by like minded people so that all of us where ever we are in the world can communicate about what we love, 1/6 figures.

Well done Chaps and long may it stay the same.

MarkEl

Thanks guys for all the hard work in setting up a friendly community and working out the kinks. I second scslawag that this group is a ‘breath of fresh air’. As someone who doesn’t really fit into any 1/6 group niche, this group has proven to be a bit of a lifeline for me in terms of engaging with the 1/6 community. Your efforts are appreciated.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum