OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

1/6 Sixth Scale Snooker Player Action Figure TP-CT008 Toys Power

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

brassco

brassco
Never seen this on this forum or the last one that i frequent. Here's a product description and my review:

1/6 Sixth Scale Snooker Player Action Figure TP-CT008 Toys Power

1/6 Sixth Scale Snooker Player Action Figure TP-CT008 Toys Power  01[/url]
1/6 Sixth Scale Snooker Player Action Figure TP-CT008 Toys Power  02[/url]
1/6 Sixth Scale Snooker Player Action Figure TP-CT008 Toys Power  03[/url]
1/6 Sixth Scale Snooker Player Action Figure TP-CT008 Toys Power  04[/url]
1/6 Sixth Scale Snooker Player Action Figure TP-CT008 Toys Power  05[/url]
1/6 Sixth Scale Snooker Player Action Figure TP-CT008 Toys Power  06[/url]
1/6 Sixth Scale Snooker Player Action Figure TP-CT008 Toys Power  08[/url]
1/6 Sixth Scale Snooker Player Action Figure TP-CT008 Toys Power  09[/url]
1/6 Sixth Scale Snooker Player Action Figure TP-CT008 Toys Power  07[/url]

Head sculpt and Body Accessories:
★Detailed made and highly likeness
★Head sculpt with highly-emulation hair
Young playing snooker: ×1 set
Middle-aged with a smiling face: ×1 set
perfectly presented.
★A bare body of approximately 31cm: × 1 set ★Hands: ×4 pairs
Costumes and accessories:
★T-shirt: ×1 piece
★Jacket: ×1 piece
★Suit Pants: ×1 pair
★Bow tie: ×1 piece
★Socks: ×1 pair
★Leather shoes: ×1 pair
★Belt: ×1 piece
★Wrist watch: x1 piece
Snooker table and accessories:
★Snooker table: ×1 set
★Snooker balls: ×21 pieces
★Chalk: ×1 piece
★Pool cue: ×1 piece ★Rest rod: ×2 pieces
★hand painted.

1/6 Sixth Scale Snooker Player Action Figure TP-CT008 Toys Power  01[/url]
1/6 Sixth Scale Snooker Player Action Figure TP-CT008 Toys Power  02[/url]
1/6 Sixth Scale Snooker Player Action Figure TP-CT008 Toys Power  03[/url]
1/6 Sixth Scale Snooker Player Action Figure TP-CT008 Toys Power  04[/url]

The box is big, not thick, but big rectangular size. Protected by plastic, no foams. Second layer contains the table.

1/6 Sixth Scale Snooker Player Action Figure TP-CT008 Toys Power  05[/url]
1/6 Sixth Scale Snooker Player Action Figure TP-CT008 Toys Power  06[/url]
1/6 Sixth Scale Snooker Player Action Figure TP-CT008 Toys Power  07[/url]

1/6 Sixth Scale Snooker Player Action Figure TP-CT008 Toys Power  09

The main figure. HS looks quite closely resembling to the legendary snooker player Stephen Hendry. Dressed already in his standard competition attire. Nothing else to dress up with regards to the figure. Comes with 2 HSs: Camera face and focus face.

1/6 Sixth Scale Snooker Player Action Figure TP-CT008 Toys Power  10[/url]
1/6 Sixth Scale Snooker Player Action Figure TP-CT008 Toys Power  11[/url]
1/6 Sixth Scale Snooker Player Action Figure TP-CT008 Toys Power  12[/url]
1/6 Sixth Scale Snooker Player Action Figure TP-CT008 Toys Power  13[/url]
1/6 Sixth Scale Snooker Player Action Figure TP-CT008 Toys Power  14[/url]

The accessories. Nice wrist watch. comes with 4 pairs of hands, with different bridging hands.

It also comes with a snooker cue which is 2 parts attachable, and 2 different extension bridges. The cue, i believed, is not made of wood, but metal. So is the triangle. I believe the balls are also metal, as they feel heavy. All the balls are very round, can roll freely on the table.

1/6 Sixth Scale Snooker Player Action Figure TP-CT008 Toys Power  15[/url]
1/6 Sixth Scale Snooker Player Action Figure TP-CT008 Toys Power  16[/url]
1/6 Sixth Scale Snooker Player Action Figure TP-CT008 Toys Power  17[/url]
1/6 Sixth Scale Snooker Player Action Figure TP-CT008 Toys Power  18[/url]
1/6 Sixth Scale Snooker Player Action Figure TP-CT008 Toys Power  19[/url]

You can see the six pockets on the bottom of the table. The green felt on the table feels good, tailoring is great, looks well made, with the correct lines drawn on the table. I guess what's need to be done is to assemble the table.

1/6 Sixth Scale Snooker Player Action Figure TP-CT008 Toys Power  20[/url]
1/6 Sixth Scale Snooker Player Action Figure TP-CT008 Toys Power  21[/url]
1/6 Sixth Scale Snooker Player Action Figure TP-CT008 Toys Power  22[/url]
1/6 Sixth Scale Snooker Player Action Figure TP-CT008 Toys Power  23[/url]
1/6 Sixth Scale Snooker Player Action Figure TP-CT008 Toys Power  24[/url]

And...there's no manual. Hence there's a bit of learning curve here. At first i tried to put the legs on the rails of the table, but to no avail. Then, by studying the supporting stands, i tried putting the legs together. And i guessed, that's the way! A bit of adhesive will help. Use blue-tag if you plan to put the table back into the box. After the legs are joined, i simply put the table on top of it, with a bit of adjustment. And there you have it!

1/6 Sixth Scale Snooker Player Action Figure TP-CT008 Toys Power  25[/url]
1/6 Sixth Scale Snooker Player Action Figure TP-CT008 Toys Power  26[/url]
1/6 Sixth Scale Snooker Player Action Figure TP-CT008 Toys Power  27[/url]
1/6 Sixth Scale Snooker Player Action Figure TP-CT008 Toys Power  28[/url]

Here are the balls in their respective places. There is an extra of 3 red balls. And yes, did i forgot to mention the chalks?!

1/6 Sixth Scale Snooker Player Action Figure TP-CT008 Toys Power  29[/url]
1/6 Sixth Scale Snooker Player Action Figure TP-CT008 Toys Power  30[/url]
1/6 Sixth Scale Snooker Player Action Figure TP-CT008 Toys Power  31[/url]
1/6 Sixth Scale Snooker Player Action Figure TP-CT008 Toys Power  32[/url]

And here's my idol getting ready for his play! Standard flexibility for the figure. Can deliver most snookering poses.

1/6 Sixth Scale Snooker Player Action Figure TP-CT008 Toys Power  33[/url]
1/6 Sixth Scale Snooker Player Action Figure TP-CT008 Toys Power  34[/url]

Whoops! Here's a beautiful woman trying her hands on the sport!

1/6 Sixth Scale Snooker Player Action Figure TP-CT008 Toys Power  35[/url]

Stephen Hendry: Your stance is incorrect!

1/6 Sixth Scale Snooker Player Action Figure TP-CT008 Toys Power  36[/url]
1/6 Sixth Scale Snooker Player Action Figure TP-CT008 Toys Power  37[/url]

Stephen Hendry: "I wished i was taller...damn it"

onesixthwarrior

onesixthwarrior
Thanks for this review- I've never seen this set before. I really like that they included two sculpts, with distinct expressions. What's the"Betfred" tag mean?

brassco

brassco
His sponsors.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Wow. I love this set. Thank you for sharing, brassco! I admit I am more excited about the billiards table and items than the actual figure. I suppose shazzdan can make his own, but this could be a great addition to dioramas. Imagine bakcpool's superheros relaxing after hours and playing billiards! Smile

dadrab

dadrab
This is very nice. Really inspires me to try my hand at a pool table. Some of these accessories would be nice to have for such a project.

And, that's a really nice looking watch. One of the better ones I've seen in the scale.

Thank you for showing us.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ah the old standby "Let me show you how it's done." Hopefully she's not going to fall for that.

Cool looking set. Thanks for sharing.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

1/6 Sixth Scale Snooker Player Action Figure TP-CT008 Toys Power  C8485110

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Poor man's version Very Happy (but it only cost $3, could surely be improved):

1/6 Sixth Scale Snooker Player Action Figure TP-CT008 Toys Power  40819814205_b3f2eed9d0_b

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Wow. This really does look incredible. And it's huge!

Very curious about the appeal of this, aside from the obvious fact that it's beautifully done. Is snooker actually big anywhere? Have these guys, or anyone else, done what I'd assume would be a more versatile and standard pool table, that's anywhere near this quality?

Although I will say, Moonbase Alpha Male's "poor man's version" looks pretty damn good for $3. The balls are a little oversized (where have I heard that before. OH!!!!) but you could easily add some wooden legs and the table would actually look really legit.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male -- your "poor man's version" looks really good! Where did that come from? Or did you make it yourself?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
ReverendSpooky wrote:The balls are a little oversized  

That’s what she said. Embarassed

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:Moonbase Alpha Male -- your "poor man's version" looks really good! Where did that come from? Or did you make it yourself?

Didn't do anything to it (yet) - it's an eventual project.  Got it last October, but they are still in some Dollarama stores currently.  $4 (Can), so I said $3 for US readers.  Probably deserves a view in Useful Items, I guess.

1/6 Sixth Scale Snooker Player Action Figure TP-CT008 Toys Power  39913285440_a82e547fd3_b

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Stryker2011 wrote:
ReverendSpooky wrote:The balls are a little oversized  

That’s what she said. Embarassed

Laughing . And after starting with the line "and it's huge!" that post is full of double entendres. I was definitely asking for it.

http://reverendspooky.com

brassco

brassco
ReverendSpooky wrote:Wow.  This really does look incredible.  And it's huge!

Very curious about the appeal of this, aside from the obvious fact that it's beautifully done.  Is snooker actually big anywhere?  Have these guys, or anyone else, done what I'd assume would be a more versatile and standard pool table, that's anywhere near this quality? 

The standard dimensions of a snooker table is 12X6 feet. The standard dimensions of a home pool table is 6X3feet, and there exists 6ft, 7ft, 8ft, 9ft (standard) and even 10ft table.

There isn't a good quality 1/6th pool table last time i searched, unfortunately. I actually preferred pool table to snooker table, in the world of 1/6th, for space consideration and versatility of a diorama.

brassco

brassco
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:.
Poor man's version  Very Happy (but it only cost $3, could surely be improved):

1/6 Sixth Scale Snooker Player Action Figure TP-CT008 Toys Power  40819814205_b3f2eed9d0_b

Yeh, it surely can be improved.

1/6 Sixth Scale Snooker Player Action Figure TP-CT008 Toys Power  Plastic_chess_pieces_protourney_black_pieces_1200x600_84183_1445964291_1280_1280

The legs needed to be longer. Some of the chess pieces can be used as legs for this table.

as for the balls, you got bigger challenge. They needed to be smaller, but not easy to find. I suggest art and crafts shop. Pool balls are bigger than snooker balls. To have a more realistic look, they will need to have these designs:

1/6 Sixth Scale Snooker Player Action Figure TP-CT008 Toys Power  Fasttrack_balls_1

As for the pool cues, it'll need to be longer. Maybe you can custom make it, like using disposable Chinese chopsticks? Some cutting and coloring will be useful. I intend to make it myself, as the set i bought comes only with one snooker cue.

Btw, i liked your pool room setting. I am getting a larger display cabinet to display this set. I will decorate the wall and the carpet. Thks for the ideas!

MarkEl

This is an extremely cool set.  I like how there are two head sculpts with different expressions, and the clothes are great.  I'm wondering about the appeal of this though even in the UK.  How much cross-reference there is between snooker fans and 1/6 collectors?  Perhaps it was commissioned?  The scale is impressive but unwieldy at the same time.  It would look good in a glass case on a pedestal that you could look down on and walk around.  More like a piece of art. 

Btw, Betfred is an online gambling site.  Betting shops (both physical and electronic) are legal in the UK and elsewhere.  It doesn't operate in the US or Canada to my knowledge  Yes, people bet on snooker and just about everything else. A tax for those bad at statistics!

shazzdan

shazzdan
I find it grossly offensive that we have to pay hundreds of dollars for these things and they can't even supply instructions on how to put them together. I was considering purchasing but I won't if they can't be bothered to put together a basic instruction manual.

shazzdan

shazzdan
GubernatorFan wrote:I suppose shazzdan can make his own, but this could be a great addition to dioramas.

Heh. I bought the same one that Moonbase has.

Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:

1/6 Sixth Scale Snooker Player Action Figure TP-CT008 Toys Power  39913285440_a82e547fd3_b

I plan on covering it in green felt and replacing those feet with some legs turned on my lathe. I've been looking for some suitable balls for over a year and can't find anything that have the right look and are the right size.

MarkEl

shazzdan wrote:... but I won't if they can't be bothered to put together a basic instruction manual.

I agree with you here about 1/6 products in general. It's a big investment to have to fly blind on some of the assembly. I find myself googling for photos to determine the order and placement on items on figures. On something like this table, breaking a part due to lack of information would make me really unhappy.

blackpool

blackpool
what a beast!!! I love it but it's really too big, I guess it's perfectly on scale for a competition snooker, but still... Very cool review anyway, very sexy item, like GF I'm mainly interested in the snooker table itself more than the figure but thanks for the review and insight!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
shazzdan wrote:Heh. I bought the same one that Moonbase has. I plan on covering it in green felt and replacing those feet with some legs turned on my lathe. I've been looking for some suitable balls for over a year and can't find anything that have the right look and are the right size.

Consider yourself lucky you were able to find it. And I have no doubt that with your skills with felt and wood (and the lathe) you will be able to modify it to make it just right. In my euphoria, I actually bought this snooker beast... and to make things worse, I didn't notice it was a preorder.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
brassco wrote:Yeh, it surely can be improved.

The legs needed to be longer. Some of the chess pieces can be used as legs for this table.

as for the balls, you got bigger challenge. They needed to be smaller, but not easy to find. I suggest art and crafts shop. Pool balls are bigger than snooker balls. To have a more realistic look, they will need to have these designs:

1/6 Sixth Scale Snooker Player Action Figure TP-CT008 Toys Power  Fasttrack_balls_1

As for the pool cues, it'll need to be longer. Maybe you can custom make it, like using disposable Chinese chopsticks? Some cutting and coloring will be useful. I intend to make it myself, as the set i bought comes only with one snooker cue.

Btw, i liked your pool room setting. I am getting a larger display cabinet to display this set. I will decorate the wall and the carpet. Thks for the ideas!

Thanks, useful comments and tips.  Chess piece legs is a great idea.  Those actually are disposable Chinese chopsticks that I'm using in the picture instead of what it came with; but I need to find some that are longer and ideally more tapered.  

For the balls, I have the perfect thing but only few, so with those I can only portray a game that is near-finished.  I bought this music-box pool table by Enesco Giftware really cheap at the thrift store because it was in very damaged condition.  The table itself can be a 1/6 child's toy pool table (though a little over-ornate for that) but it gives me a cue ball, an 8-Ball, a playable ball and two sunk ones.

1/6 Sixth Scale Snooker Player Action Figure TP-CT008 Toys Power  40838128365_8393561d69_h

dadrab

dadrab
I have some small marbles from one of the craft stores (they sell all sizes) that work pretty well for pool balls, but need to be painted. Clearly I haven't done so.

I too have one of the toy tables as shown above and the balls in that set a not badly sized. It's the table that's too small.

I've never seen a 10' table, but have played 9' tournament models and own an 8'. Those two are close enough to each other that, as a player, it's not hard to go back and forth. Playing a 6' (which is what you'll find mostly in bars with coin slots) feels like playing on a toy and personally, I can't hit a damn thing on one.

I believe it might be fun to build one from scratch.

onesixthwarrior

onesixthwarrior
It seems that there is a wide range in sizes of real pool tables, and there are tables in different sizes used in other games. This is good news because it gives many of us some latitude for making or sourcing tables for our figures.

brassco

brassco
dadrab wrote:
I've never seen a 10' table, but have played 9' tournament models and own an  8'. Those two are close enough to each other that, as a player, it's not hard to go back and forth. Playing a 6' (which is what you'll find mostly in bars with coin slots) feels like playing on a toy and personally, I can't hit a damn thing on one.

I believe it might be fun to build one from scratch.

Oh here's a fellow pool player! Who else on this forum plays pool? casual or serious players?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I used to play quite a bit. The sperm donor who helped create me had one in his basement, and I’d play his when I went to stay as a kid. Played quite a bit after my military service ended and I was in my drunken make-up-for-lost-time phase at bars.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum