OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Quality of Play Arts Kai figures?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Quality of Play Arts Kai figures? Empty Quality of Play Arts Kai figures? Sat 6 Jul 2019 - 6:17

JohnByng

I am not sure if they are strictly 1/6 scale (the one I have looks close) so please forgive me if this is in the wrong place.

I recently bought the Batman Timeless Sparta figure as it looked fun. However, when I got it there were parts of the armour that don't fit on the body and the paint job was not as crisp and fine as in the promo pics. Also, the articulation is not good.

Is this the usual standard of their work? There are some others I like the look of, particularly the untypical Star Wars stormtrooper, but if they are all of the same poor quality then I will pass on them.

2Quality of Play Arts Kai figures? Empty Re: Quality of Play Arts Kai figures? Sat 6 Jul 2019 - 11:59

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm unfamiliar with this line. I found this review on Youtube, where the comments suggest this is the best product in the line, and that some problems are widespread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zfX2BsBwYs

3Quality of Play Arts Kai figures? Empty Re: Quality of Play Arts Kai figures? Sat 6 Jul 2019 - 12:54

JohnByng

Thanks GF! It looks like I might have got a bootleg version as the paintjob is nowhere near as good as his one. He also mentions a price of $100 and I paid less than half that on ebay!

My version seems to have exactly the same parts but the paint is dulled. The skin is dirty looking and the silver has been brushed over the black in a sloppy manner.

The chest articulation also reveals a huge gap if he is not bending as far forward as he can go!

Hmmm, no wonder I am dissatisfied. But at least I know not to buy any more of them unless I get them from a good retailer.

4Quality of Play Arts Kai figures? Empty Re: Quality of Play Arts Kai figures? Sat 6 Jul 2019 - 13:27

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Sorry for the disappointment, but I suppose it sheds some light on the issues. On the other hand, one of the comments to the review suggested that at least in some respects the bootleg is better. Still not cool if you were sold this under false pretenses, although the much lower cost ought to temper the blow.

5Quality of Play Arts Kai figures? Empty Re: Quality of Play Arts Kai figures? Sat 6 Jul 2019 - 16:10

JohnByng

Yes I would be very upset (diplomatic language) if I had paid $100 for it!

6Quality of Play Arts Kai figures? Empty Re: Quality of Play Arts Kai figures? Sat 6 Jul 2019 - 16:25

doodlehobby

I only have 2 PlayArts Kai figures and they are a little disappointing in some regards. The gappy torso is prevalent if doing ab crunch or bending the torso back. The ankles are horrible too on the Storm Trooper. Looks weird. I'll pay some pics on them if I can find them.

EDIT: they are not 1/6. They are smaller.

JohnByng

Looks like I should have put this in the non 1/6 scale discussion. The gap in the torso is visible if I do anything but bend his chest as far forward as it will go! Thanks also for the info on the stormtrooper figure, I will do without him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum