OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dust and Tbleague bodies?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dust and Tbleague bodies? Empty Dust and Tbleague bodies? Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:52 am

SnakeyJones

Hi All; does anyone keep their seamless figures out in the open without a detolf or any other display case to mitigates dust?
I imagine with the slightly sticky skin dust will be an issue with these; is regular dusting all thats required or will the dust become an issue as time goes on?

2Dust and Tbleague bodies? Empty Re: Dust and Tbleague bodies? Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:55 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Like anything, dust is always a factor. I’ve used canned air and makeup brushes to clean them. And in worse case scenarios, I’ll rinse them off — but be sure to reapply corn starch or baby powder to them if you do that.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Dust and Tbleague bodies? C8485110

3Dust and Tbleague bodies? Empty Re: Dust and Tbleague bodies? Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:15 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I don't typically keep mine out for a long time (unless I get lazy and don't put some of them away after a photo and then procrastinate), but some of them get dusty or linty (new word?). You could always rinse (without soap) or wash (with soap), but that does make the silicon surface very tacky/sticky and you have to reapply protective powder (whether corn starch or baby powder or silicon finishing powder). I have also found useful a small, travel-sized lint brush (roller) -- but once again, you need to reapply protective powder afterwards. By the way, as far as I can tell, dust would not hurt the figures.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum