OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fight !

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fight ! Empty Fight ! Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:55 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Many Years ago i tryed to do movies with the figures. After this i stoped it  Laughing

2Fight ! Empty Re: Fight ! Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:10 am

shazzdan

shazzdan
I get "this video is unavailable". Is the video restricted to specific countries?

3Fight ! Empty Re: Fight ! Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:26 am

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
I got the same "unavailable" message.
Now I'm eager to see the it. With your incredible creativity, I bet it's pretty awesome. =]

4Fight ! Empty Re: Fight ! Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:28 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Sorry , Friends. So You can´t see what i see in my Message.Tricky hmm...working on. And Thank You, Lobster. But I've given up making stop motions after this. It´s trash Laughing

5Fight ! Empty Re: Fight ! Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:36 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That was a fairly decent first try, Ephi. Perhaps a bit too many in-between shots, as it made everything move in slow-motion. I still think it was pretty cool.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Fight ! C8485110

6Fight ! Empty Re: Fight ! Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:02 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Ah , Thanks ! You can see it . Yes, the moving was to slow. My skills in Stop motion reach never a Level to made trehm faster

7Fight ! Empty Re: Fight ! Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:29 am

shazzdan

shazzdan
I can see it now. Not a bad first attempt. It is amazing how much time stop-motion sucks up. It would have taken you many hours to set that up.

8Fight ! Empty Re: Fight ! Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:42 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, it is NOT trash, but a very good first attempt. Perhaps Stryker is right that too many steps ends up making everything move a little slow, though I don't know enough about this to advise. I would imagine the whole process took a very long time and can't blame you for settling for your beautiful photographs instead of processing this much and trying to turn it into a short video clip. But the figures and the environment looked great and it is still quite impressive.

9Fight ! Empty Re: Fight ! Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:01 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I studied animation for a bit in Art School. The key to making things move quickly is to make larger adjustments to the figures, instead of smaller steps for less dramatic, and slower pacing. When the still images are put together, the brain fills in the gaps.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Fight ! C8485110

10Fight ! Empty Re: Fight ! Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:49 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Wow ! Many thanks. Great Information. But i think i will not try it again Laughing What´s up with You, Friends ? A Stop motion Thread here in OSF ? And You try to made only little ones ? Wave, clap or something ? Must be very easy now, better than 10 Years ago ....

11Fight ! Empty Re: Fight ! Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:44 pm

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Eph, that was pretty cool. With the way you put on the reply, I had lowered my expectations. And, oh boy, was I wrong.

Being your 1st attempt, it was a great start. Having some help of more experienced people, such as Stryker with that extremely well put advice, you got the potential to achieve amazing scenes.

Only with practice comes improvement, for perfection is a myth.

The artist is way more critic of his/her own work than others are. This project of yours was far from trash.

You know, what got me into this 1/6 hobby (and into Phicen/TBLeague) was exactly to try to make some stop-motion videos. As soon as life gets a bit less rushed for me, I'll start investing on this goal... till then, I'm hoarding figures =P .

Thanks for sharing with us and being, once again, a source of inspiration. Keep being awesome!

12Fight ! Empty Re: Fight ! Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:50 pm

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
What are you talking about, that was fantastic! All you need to do is adjust the frame rate and it’ll play really smoothly!

13Fight ! Empty Re: Fight ! Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:42 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Thanks, Friends.
Lobster, that was exactly the same i came to the hobby. Tell Storys and do stop motion movies. Cause i can´t pay real Actors, i want to use 1:6 Actors Laughing And it´s True. I´m  critical with my own work. Rolling Eyes

Christine. That´s not the great style You do your stop motions. When i see Yours i remeber the time i was i child and see fairy Tale stop motions in TV. Smile

14Fight ! Empty Re: Fight ! Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:36 am

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
I can see the video but in mute mode? Or is there also a kind of "unavailable" signal? By the way this is awesome video, although there is still need some improvement, but considered the process from start to the end, I always think it is kind of god work because of tons of processes....Keep it up!!!Make a season please!! Very Happy Laughing What a Face What a Face

https://www.deviantart.com/lawlaw91

15Fight ! Empty Re: Fight ! Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:01 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
This is so cool -- I feel like I'm watching an 80s fantasy movie in slow motion. Very Happy

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

16Fight ! Empty Re: Fight ! Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:50 pm

MerylAkiba

Why did you leave it on a cliffhanger?!!!! I want to know how it ends.

Is he a soldier who fled from battle? What happened to Elsa Foxfinger?

This needs music to set the scene

17Fight ! Empty Re: Fight ! Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:23 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Thanks All,

Unbelievable,Meryl. That´s exactly the Style of Music i like. And Yes,  to many open ends of my Puppet Theater storys Laughing

18Fight ! Empty Re: Fight ! Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:38 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
This Guy is a Master Very Happy

19Fight ! Empty Re: Fight ! Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:41 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very cool find, Ephiane. I watched the whole video and finally bought some Green Stuff Smile . To some extent I wonder why a super-articulated action figure body wouldn't be a natural place to build on when it comes to these stopmotion animation projects, considering the classical wire armature is bound to break down fairly fast. I think you had the right idea, but I agree it would be very laborious to convert everything into a video. The Lego solution does seem like a decent alternative, and reminded me of the work of our own Sir Shovelchop.

20Fight ! Empty Re: Fight ! Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:23 pm

Ovy

Ovy
It's great, while I agree with the frame rate! And I understand your decision not to invest too much time and effort
in future projects like that.

I think a 'problem' with 1/6 animation will always be that your characters look too good/realistic, which will always create a contrast between motion and look. Most stop motion is done with cartoony stylized characters or robots etc, which makes it less 'uncanny' to watch and easier to animate.

Btw, I recommend everyone checking out TheCrafsMan. He does stop motion but also much other crafty stuff people like us are interested in. And he has a soothing voice, great humour and perfect editing.

21Fight ! Empty Re: Fight ! Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:40 pm

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
hey, dont sell yourself short, this is cool stuff, especially at the first try.
this gives your characters that little something, still shots can't carry over.
great work and always a pleasure seeing people having "fun" with their figures.
i know not everybody has the space for backgrounds but i never thought displaying them on pure shelves
to be fullfilling.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum