OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

csyeung

I'm with you guys with the elbow. So far Hoth Leia is still the best one to me, plus I had more nostalgia tied to ESB than Return of the Jedi.

HelloBirdie

Hey guys. I'm new here. I just ordered Leia and I'm super excited about it. She'll be my first HT figure.

Stryker I'm so impressed with your Lei custom. She's amazing! Smile

csyeung

HelloBirdie wrote:Hey guys. I'm new here. I just ordered Leia and I'm super excited about it. She'll be my first HT figure. Smile

Welcome and congrats on the figure! The headsculpt is amazing on this piece.

HelloBirdie

[/quote]

Welcome and congrats on the figure! The headsculpt is amazing on this piece.[/quote]

Thanks so much. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
HelloBirdie, and welcome. I think you’ll be happy with her when she arrives, and thanks for the compliment — but most of the work was done before my little mod.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 C8485110

HelloBirdie

HelloBirdie
Stryker2011 wrote:HelloBirdie, and welcome. I think you’ll be happy with her when she arrives, and thanks for the compliment — but most of the work was done before my little mod.

Regardless it was a brilliant mod. Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
HelloBirdie wrote:Hey guys. I'm new here. I just ordered Leia and I'm super excited about it. She'll be my first HT figure.

Congrats and welcome, HelloBirdie! Smile The sculpt on this Leia is really gorgeous, I think you will love it.

Agree on Stryker's custom, and his entire Jabba's Palace diorama. If you haven't seen it already, check it out here:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1166-jabba-the-hutt-diorama-cabinet-build-wip?highlight=jabba+s+palace

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

HelloBirdie

HelloBirdie
skywalkersaga wrote:
HelloBirdie wrote:Hey guys. I'm new here. I just ordered Leia and I'm super excited about it. She'll be my first HT figure.

Congrats and welcome, HelloBirdie! Smile The sculpt on this Leia is really gorgeous, I think you will love it.

Agree on Stryker's custom, and his entire Jabba's Palace diorama. If you haven't seen it already, check it out here:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1166-jabba-the-hutt-diorama-cabinet-build-wip?highlight=jabba+s+palace

Thanks. I agree about the sculpt on Leia. It looks amazing.

Stryker your diorama is incredible!!! I'm impressed. Smile I also make dioramas, and am building one for Endor Leia and Wicket.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
HelloBirdie wrote:Stryker your diorama is incredible!!! I'm impressed. Smile I also make dioramas, and am building one for Endor Leia and Wicket.

Thank you. And be sure to share your Endor diorama when you can. bounce

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 C8485110

HelloBirdie

HelloBirdie
Stryker2011 wrote:
HelloBirdie wrote:Stryker your diorama is incredible!!! I'm impressed. Smile I also make dioramas, and am building one for Endor Leia and Wicket.

Thank you. And be sure to share your Endor diorama when you can. bounce

Will do. Smile

HelloBirdie

HelloBirdie
Stryker would you be willing to take a picture of what Leia's jointed body looks like under the clothes, please? That's if you've undressed her that is. I want to have the dress she wears at the end of themovir made for her. If not then no worries. Smile

HelloBirdie

HelloBirdie
skywalkersaga wrote:Moonbase -- I love the sculpt as well, but totally agree about the elbows. It's so ridiculous, and makes the entire figure look super cheap. I passed on it for that reason, as well as the fact that it's not one of the outfits I wanted for a Leia figure. I suppose if someone was really bothered by it, they could swap it for a tbleague body or perhaps for one of the upgraded PopToys Xing bodies (which, irrc, are based on HT bodies, so probably would work).

With regards to alternative RotJ outfits...no doubt lots of people would have preferred Slave Leia, but given HT's reluctance to use seamless bodies (with some rare exceptions), I can't image how well that would have turned out. And as a female collector, my personal preference for an RotJ Leia would have been either Boushh Leia (my top fave look for her!) or the Endor 'Ewok Village' dress. I'm still holding out hope they'll make a Boushh version at some point, and I already have plans to make my own custom with her in the Ewok village dress using this HT sculpt. : )

I'm planning on having the ewok dress made for my Leia too! That's the first thing I thought of when I ordered her. Are you going to make the dress yourself? I'm having the hardest time finding someone to make mine.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
HelloBirdie wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:Moonbase -- I love the sculpt as well, but totally agree about the elbows. It's so ridiculous, and makes the entire figure look super cheap. I passed on it for that reason, as well as the fact that it's not one of the outfits I wanted for a Leia figure. I suppose if someone was really bothered by it, they could swap it for a tbleague body or perhaps for one of the upgraded PopToys Xing bodies (which, irrc, are based on HT bodies, so probably would work).

With regards to alternative RotJ outfits...no doubt lots of people would have preferred Slave Leia, but given HT's reluctance to use seamless bodies (with some rare exceptions), I can't image how well that would have turned out. And as a female collector, my personal preference for an RotJ Leia would have been either Boushh Leia (my top fave look for her!) or the Endor 'Ewok Village' dress. I'm still holding out hope they'll make a Boushh version at some point, and I already have plans to make my own custom with her in the Ewok village dress using this HT sculpt. : )

I'm planning on having the ewok dress made for my Leia too! That's the first thing I thought of when I ordered her. Are you going to make the dress yourself? I'm having the hardest time finding someone to make mine.

Oh, awesome! Smile As for the dress itself, I haven't decided yet if I will tackle it myself or commission it -- I have a number of WIP projects at the moment that I still need to finish before I get around to this one. Once I do, it will probably depend on whether or not I can source suitable materials (somewhat more tricky since I am having to purchase most fabrics online these days).

Where are you located, btw? I'm in the UK... : )

ETA: Oh, btw... here is a pic the HT body:

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 S-l16032

HelloBirdie

HelloBirdie
skywalkersaga wrote:
HelloBirdie wrote:

Oh, awesome! Smile As for the dress itself, I haven't decided yet if I will tackle it myself or commission it -- I have a number of WIP projects at the moment that I still need to finish before I get around to this one. Once I do, it will probably depend on whether or not I can source suitable materials (somewhat more tricky since I am having to purchase most fabrics online these days).

Where are you located, btw? I'm in the UK... : )

ETA: Oh, btw... here is a pic the HT body:

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 S-l16032

Oh cool, thanks so much! That's a beautifully sculpted body. I can't wait to see your custom dress. I'm from the U.K. too, but now I live in Canada. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
HelloBirdie wrote:Stryker would you be willing to take a picture of what Leia's jointed body looks like under the clothes, please? That's if you've undressed her that is. I want to have the dress she wears at the end of themovir made for her. If not then no worries. Smile

I haven’t actually done that, and don’t really have plans to do so. Sorry. I think if you look at the Pop Toys/Xing jointed bodies you’ll have a pretty good idea of how the body looks sans clothing. The Endor dress has a fairly long slit in it (or is it layers, scalloping, or just where he dress closes?), but if seeing joints doesn’t bother you, I wouldn’t worry too much. If the joints are an issue, I recommend getting one of the Xing semi-seamless bodies (TBLeague is a bit excessive since the majority of her will be covered) — but it’s your call.

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 744ee010
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 66f99f10
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 5a808b10

HelloBirdie

HelloBirdie
No worries at all Mark. And thanks for the tip about the seamless body. Thankfully the joints don't bother me so I think I'll keep the current body. Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
HelloBirdie wrote:Oh cool, thanks so much! That's a beautifully sculpted body. I can't wait to see your custom dress. I'm from the U.K. too, but now I live in Canada. Smile

No problem! And thank you, I'm impatient to get my other projects finished so I can finally work on it. :'D  And good luck with yours, too -- I'm sure with the Endor diorama you have planned it is going to look amazing!

HelloBirdie

HelloBirdie
skywalkersaga wrote:
HelloBirdie wrote:Oh cool, thanks so much! That's a beautifully sculpted body. I can't wait to see your custom dress. I'm from the U.K. too, but now I live in Canada. Smile

No problem! And thank you, I'm impatient to get my other projects finished so I can finally work on it. :'D  And good luck with yours, too -- I'm sure with the Endor diorama you have planned it is going to look amazing!

Thanks! I'll start sharing pics of the process soon. Smile

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Stryker2011 wrote: The Endor dress has a fairly long slit in it (or is it layers, scalloping, or just where he dress closes?), but if seeing joints doesn’t bother you, I wouldn’t worry too much. If the joints are an issue, I recommend getting one of the Xing semi-seamless bodies (TBLeague is a bit excessive since the majority of her will be covered) — but it’s your call.

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 744ee010

It's totally irrelevant for our purposes of course, but it's interesting to note that a primitive version of that outfit in 1/6 does exist from the Forces of Destiny. I had the thought at one time that you could just run actual thread over the printed thread pattern and maybe get something passable, but I doubt it would look good enough for our stuff. For a different marketplace of actual play though, it's admirable Hasbro made it.

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 A1apco10

HelloBirdie

HelloBirdie
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote: The Endor dress has a fairly long slit in it (or is it layers, scalloping, or just where he dress closes?), but if seeing joints doesn’t bother you, I wouldn’t worry too much. If the joints are an issue, I recommend getting one of the Xing semi-seamless bodies (TBLeague is a bit excessive since the majority of her will be covered) — but it’s your call.

It's totally irrelevant for our purposes of course, but it's interesting to note that a primitive version of that outfit in 1/6 does exist from the Forces of Destiny.  I had the thought at one time that you could just run actual thread over the printed thread pattern and maybe get something passable, but I doubt it would look good enough for our stuff.  For a different marketplace of actual play though, it's admirable Hasbro made it.

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 A1apco10

Thanks for the tip Moonbase. I may get it for the sandals and the weapons. They would probably look better with some weathering and paint work. Smile

HelloBirdie

HelloBirdie
I'm struggling to post pics. Can anyone help me out please?

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
HelloBirdie wrote:Thanks for the tip Moonbase. I may get it for the sandals and the weapons. They would probably look better with some weathering and paint work. Smile

The sandals would probably be small, while the weapons to my eye are not sufficiently distinctive that you wouldn't be better off with something not made specifically for Endor Leia, but more sophisticated. I thought it was worth mentioning just for interest, nevertheless. The real gems of that series are Chewbacca (slightly cartoonish face, but you cant' beat an impressive faux-fur tall figure at cheap retail price) and Sabine Wren (no other version exists; and the helmet masks her doll face, so she is generally usable though a bit skinny).

HelloBirdie

HelloBirdie
HelloBirdie wrote:Thanks for the tip Moonbase. I may get it for the sandals and the weapons. They would probably look better with some weathering and paint work. Smile

The sandals would probably be small, while the weapons to my eye are not sufficiently distinctive that you wouldn't be better off with something not made specifically for Endor Leia, but more sophisticated.  I thought it was worth mentioning just for interest, nevertheless.  The real gems of that series are Chewbacca (slightly cartoonish face, but you cant' beat an impressive faux-fur tall figure at cheap retail price) and Sabine Wren (no other version exists; and the helmet masks her doll face, so she is generally usable though a bit skinny).

I took another look at it and I think you're right. I'll stick to making my own props I think. Smile

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
HelloBirdie wrote:I'm struggling to post pics. Can anyone help me out please?

I am surprised there's nothing in the FAQs -- probably there is a guide posted somewhere and someone will point it out.  The shortest simplest way is that one of the blessings of Forumotion is native picture hosting, and you do that by going to the Host an Image icon below, identify a pic on yor computer and Insert All. Shows up in your post easy peasy. Hotlinkings to pics stored elsewhere is a more complex issue and someone else would have to explain it. I got frustrated enough with Photobucket etc that I gave up on posting any pics at OSW altogether so I appreciate the direct system here.

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 Host10

HelloBirdie

HelloBirdie
HelloBirdie wrote:I'm struggling to post pics. Can anyone help me out please?

I am surprised there's nothing in the FAQs -- probably there is a guide posted somewhere and someone will point it out.  The shortest simplest way is that one of the blessings of Forumotion is native picture hosting, and you do that by going to the Host an Image icon below, identify a pic on yor computer and Insert All.  Shows up in your post easy peasy.  Hotlinkings to pics stored elsewhere is a more complex issue and someone else would have to explain it.  I got frustrated enough with Photobucket etc that I gave up on posting any pics at OSW altogether so I appreciate the direct system here.

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 Host10

Thanks very much! Smile

HelloBirdie

HelloBirdie
Okay let's give this picture thing a go...

Here are the pieces I've completed for my Princess Lei and Wicket diorama. The fences (which I think will be a good size for Wicket) are Schleich pieces which I repainted. The Ewok drum I made from foamboard, cardstock, Fabric and paint. I hope they will look good enough next to my figures. I've never made miniatures for HT's before.

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 20201211

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The drum and the fence look very promising and I think they will work great with the figures. Also, may I say this is a far more appropriate object to use for a drum than my helmet. Smile

HelloBirdie

HelloBirdie
GubernatorFan wrote:The drum and the fence look very promising and I think they will work great with the figures. Also, may I say this is a far more appropriate object to use for a drum than my helmet. Smile

Thank you, that's very kind. And, yes, don't worry, Wicket will not be stealing your helmet. Lol! Very Happy

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
HelloBirdie wrote:Thank you, that's very kind. And, yes, don't worry, Wicket will not be stealing your helmet. Lol! Very Happy

You're welcome. And I appreciate that! I mean, otherwise, he might end up like this:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3178-star-wars-a-silver-linings-story-original-trilogy-updated-with-extra-photos#47348

Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum