OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Head sculpt for s07c.... Help please...

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Head sculpt for s07c.... Help please... Empty Head sculpt for s07c.... Help please... Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:02 pm

Yeyo145

New to this... can any one tell me what are the best head sculpts for s07c...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Hiya! Are you looking for something in particular, or just wanting to find a headsculpt that matches in terms of size and skintone?

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Yeyo145

Yes I'm looking for a good match in skin color and size... What are your suggestions? I will also like a few options of head sculpts I can choose from if possible.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Is your S07C a current version? By that I mean is it one of the earlier, and considerably darker Suntan bodies, or is it the New Suntan? Since you’re new, I’m going to assume that it is the New Suntan. A good starting point is to look at sites like Giantoy or Monkey Depot (links can be found in the On-Line Retailers sticky). Giantoy allows you to search for just head sculpts, Monkey Depot you have to look under brands usually (search for Very Cool, Super Duck, TBLeague).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Head sculpt for s07c.... Help please... C8485110

Yeyo145

Thank you for the info... Honestly I couldn't tell you if it's new or old version... I know the box says s07c, large bust, pale...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
If it is pale, it might not make a difference (it is the "suntan" skin tone that changed some time ago). Pale TBLeague/Phicen bodies generally match some Asian head sculpts. You are safest with a head sculpt produced by that company itself -- if you can determine that the figure is pale as opposed to suntan (which isn't that much more tan these days). Monkey Depot is a good site for parted out sets (so is Toy Anxiety), and of course there are eBay sellers and Asia shops like GianToy. Since Stryker thought otherwise, here's the link to the heads section on Monkey Depot:
https://www.monkeydepot.com/category_s/276.htm?searching=Y&sort=7&cat=276&show=450&page=1 (or if the link doesn't update correctly, go Home > Nude Figures + Parts > Loose Nude Figure Parts By Type > Heads

Looking at Monkey Depot right now (9 pm PST August 23), I don't see any TBLeague pale heads (at least none that I can be sure go with the pale body), except maybe Arkhalla, but even that might be suntan, unless someone can confirm otherwise. Very Cool Mary and Cat Toys Elan might work, but again no promises.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
As far as I’m aware, there isn’t just one head sculpt that is ‘best’ for this body, but rather many to choose from. : )

Stryker and GF have good advice, those are great places to look. Though if you are more used to eBay, you can search there too. Tbleague brand heads are of course a perfect ‘fit’, but there are many other heads out there that might work, too. I don’t know if you like the look of Super Duck heads, but just as an example, you could search ‘Super Duck 1/6 pale head’, or even ‘1/6 head for tbleague s07c pale ‘ and see what comes up.

Since the s07c is a pale body, the key is to make sure the description says ‘pale’ rather than ‘suntan’.

There are other brands that would work as well, though I would avoid ‘Kumik’ heads, as these tend to not match tbleague skin tones (or any skin tones in general). The neck connectors on them are also often incompatible with other brands.

Hope this helps, a little. : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I wish I could be more helpful, but I've been purposefully avoiding pale TBLeague bodies (I think I have only two), so my experience with finding heads for them has been minimal and sometime in the past. I don't know what they are called, but if you can identify the heads in the S24A-S27B thread (HERE) -- the first two on the left in the first photo -- they work with the pale skintone (also, if different, the head with S24A in post 51 of the same thread). Of course, they were specifically picked for the more petite bodies (HERE is a thread specifically on finding heads for those, but most or all are for suntan, if that).

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yeah, I don’t collect the pale ones either, so it’s tough to rec exact sculpts for you.

One thing to bear in mind in case it helps is that there are quite a few ‘sets’ created to go with the s10d body, and while it is not exactly the same body as yours, the skin tones and overall size of the body are the same, so any head sculpts from those kinds of sets would still be compatible with it.

But if you are really struggling, you could try messaging a trusted seller and asking them directly about skintone matches with the heads you have in mind. If one is polite about it, some sellers are even nice enough to take a photo of the head on the body so you can be sure. : )

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I have a number of the Pale ones, and has been mentioned — many, but not all, of the Asian head sculpts work. Sometimes, some of the Caucasian blonde head sculpts have been pale enough to work, as well.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Head sculpt for s07c.... Help please... C8485110

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum