OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

PL2019-138 Cleopatra Queen of Egypt 1/6th Scale Action Figure

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:I got those, as well, but I also got the sphinx, the cobra, and the neck piece (though it's probably not "historically accurate"). I already have a few things from their previous Cleopatra figure.

I was thinking about the cobra but didn't like the price. The sphinx looked less attractive to me with the new photos -- it has a certain "fake Egyptian" quality which is not altogether inappropriate for Ptolemaic or more generally Greco-Roman-Period art, but even by those standards it seemed a little off. The neck piece is Egyptian-inspired fantasy, although it is gorgeous. The same is true for the headgear.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

shazzdan

There are hundreds of the Sphinx and other ancient Egyptian figurines on ebay that can be used for 1/6 dioramas. Factories in Cairo turn them out in the thousands for the tourist industry.

https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/OneSixthArsenal

ThePhotogsBlog

Stryker2011 wrote:I just ordered a bunch of loose parts from this set from Monkey Depot to help fill out my bashed Cleopatra. I’ll probably order Anubis, and see if I can’t get the heads enlarged.

They're great, aren't they?  I've been ordering loose parts from them once a week at least for the last few weeks...all to kit out my Pin-up Patrol gals and my new faction the way I want them.  I can't help myself...they keep putting up  stuff I need or want almost on a daily basis.  In short, I am spending way too much money there.

Stryker2011

Founding Father
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:I just ordered a bunch of loose parts from this set from Monkey Depot to help fill out my bashed Cleopatra. I’ll probably order Anubis, and see if I can’t get the heads enlarged.

They're great, aren't they?  I've been ordering loose parts from them once a week at least for the last few weeks...all to kit out my Pin-up Patrol gals and my new faction the way I want them.  I can't help myself...they keep putting up  stuff I need or want almost on a daily basis.  In short, I am spending way too much money there.

It’s easy to do. It’s been too many years of buying parts from them to count. I have loads of heads, bodies, cloths, gear — still in boxes — waiting for something to inspire me.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Stryker2011 wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:

It’s easy to do. It’s been too many years of buying parts from them to count. I have loads of heads, bodies, cloths, gear — still in boxes — waiting for something to inspire me.

I hear you t. I haven't been at this nearly so long as you, but I have a pile of stuff in boxes, not waiting for an inspiration; but for a body and a head to put it on. I know where I want to go with this collection and when I see a part that will fit into it, I jump on it, even if I don't have a figure yet.

desertdragon

desertdragon
Just wanted to share some of my hero shots of Cleopatra... I agree she's definitely inspired by Liz Taylor's turn, which is not a bad thing at all IMO. Historical and herpatological inaccuracies aside, I really like this set...

PL2019-138 Cleopatra Queen of Egypt 1/6th Scale Action Figure  - Page 2 Cleo_110

PL2019-138 Cleopatra Queen of Egypt 1/6th Scale Action Figure  - Page 2 Cleo_210

PL2019-138 Cleopatra Queen of Egypt 1/6th Scale Action Figure  - Page 2 Cleo_310

PL2019-138 Cleopatra Queen of Egypt 1/6th Scale Action Figure  - Page 2 Cleo_410

PL2019-138 Cleopatra Queen of Egypt 1/6th Scale Action Figure  - Page 2 Cleo_510

PL2019-138 Cleopatra Queen of Egypt 1/6th Scale Action Figure  - Page 2 Cleo_610

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
It's definitely a great set. Great photography also.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Beautiful photos of a beautiful figure.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Another gorgeous photoshoot, impressive work!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Excellent shots. You always manage to make these figures shine. Nicely done.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

PL2019-138 Cleopatra Queen of Egypt 1/6th Scale Action Figure  - Page 2 C8485110

Diana

Diana
Wow, beautiful shots! Great lighting!

brassco

brassco
you must be using a real camera. If you tell me that's a phone's camera...i admit i sucks...

GregT

if anyone had the notion to embellish their Cleopatra display, these items are on ebay sometimes, I think I got these from Design Toscano long, long ago.
PL2019-138 Cleopatra Queen of Egypt 1/6th Scale Action Figure  - Page 2 IMG_8603-2_zps8hz4naad

(awesome crazy-good photos, DD!)

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Very cool items Greg. That chair is awesome. I have a large sarcophagus from an earlier Anubis figure (one of the few things left from that disaster of a figure).

PL2019-138 Cleopatra Queen of Egypt 1/6th Scale Action Figure  - Page 2 C8485110

GregT

have you got the MF Ramesses figure? I almost went for it but the $ was pretty steep...
any thoughts on that guy?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
After the disaster that was their Anubis, I wasn’t about to drop that crazy amount of money on Ramesses (did that even get made...?). That company disappeared for good reason.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yes, the Ramesses figure was pretty expensive. I did buy a few of the parted-out pieces (someone had already gotten the throne), so here they are on an M33. It is loosely based on Yul Brynner's rendition, but the detail is fairly simple, especially on the armlets and "collar." The "collar" wouldn't stay down over the shoulders, so it is not included in the photo. Like so many Egyptian sets, this is more Egyptian-inspired than truly Egyptian in many of its details. I didn't really take much in the way of photos, and certainly not properly set up and lit.

PL2019-138 Cleopatra Queen of Egypt 1/6th Scale Action Figure  - Page 2 Ramcus10

shazzdan

shazzdan
I'm seriously impressed with that chair.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ah, so they did manage to release that figure before disappearing. Definitely inspired by Brynner.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum