OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

lets be a bit philosophical, shall we?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

76lets be a bit philosophical, shall we? - Page 4 Empty Re: lets be a bit philosophical, shall we? Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:26 pm

Tjolnir

Ovy wrote:On competition: Interesting views you all have on competition. I am not the most competitive person myself, but I think the main goal of competition should be exploring and pushing your own skills, and well, then maybe do the winning. Lack of material leads to creativity, and so does a lack of time or a deadline. Short, results might be different. Not exactly better or worse, but different.

On bodybuilding: Funny that you mention Markus Rühl, Tjolnir!
One of my school buddies, Oliver - just a friendly Gameboy kid, then - started pumping in seventh or eight grade. Arnie Fan, like our Gubernator. He is acquainted with Rühl, we are all from the same area and Rühl's fitness studio is nearby.

That's what Oli looks like now. Well I guess now he is clothed and not tansprayed. If he was a 1/6 figure, one might say the head sculpt is too nice for the body, ha. Anyway he won some Natural bodybuilding competitions, but I don't know the details.
lets be a bit philosophical, shall we? - Page 4 Foto-12

His Bachelor Thesis is on calorie restriction. Interesting read, but I don't understand everything, I guess you will understand it better.
(Und Warnung to the rest,  it ist in German):
https://edubily.de/tipps/kalorienrestriktion-ein-ueberblick-zum-stand-der-forschung/

da bleibt mir nur zu sagen : STABIL cheers

great form, especially like the veins pop out. looks awesome in my book. had leg day yesterday and ever seeing a video of tom platz training, well you could say i look like an idiot while having fun and never again skipping leg day Very Happy

oh yeah and me being the small guy around cheering myself up with YEAH BUDDY.... LIGHTWEIGHT... i guess people got used to it by now.

77lets be a bit philosophical, shall we? - Page 4 Empty Re: lets be a bit philosophical, shall we? Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:52 am

Delanie

And now I'm going to upset a few gentlemen ...... Sorry guys and I'm speaking as a woman , in my opinion those pictures of people above (not the models which look awsome btw) look down right nasty I don't mind a well toned man with broad shoulders and narrow hips but muscles on muscles yeuk definately not my cup of tea and i certainly would not want to wake up next to any of them

sorry about the rant.

With regard to the original post /track I have many collections, I have invested a lot of time and money in my hobbies and it gives me great pleasure to do the best i can. I do not have a great deal of disposable income so usually have to get what i can when i can. I find its the building i enjoy the most and this is one of the things i enjoy about this hobby it seems to lead me on to learn new skills I've learned to sew minature dresses on my sewing machine I'm now learning about leather craft thanks to the horse i bought so all i can say is at the moment i'm enjoying myself and thanks to you folks I'm enjoying the company

78lets be a bit philosophical, shall we? - Page 4 Empty Re: lets be a bit philosophical, shall we? Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:56 pm

skywalkersaga

It's ok, Delanie, you are not alone in that preference... Wink  

And for what it's worth, I am thankful that you share your projects with us here, I've especially been finding your tack-making efforts very inspiring.  I love you

79lets be a bit philosophical, shall we? - Page 4 Empty Re: lets be a bit philosophical, shall we? Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:43 pm

Rogerbee

Founding Father

Yeah, your contributions are always valued.

Regarding time, the trap I'd always find myself falling into was rushing a project thinking that people were impatiently waiting for another post. You have to take the time you need to get what you need to do done, it's your time that matters, not theirs.

80lets be a bit philosophical, shall we? - Page 4 Empty Re: lets be a bit philosophical, shall we? Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:50 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Very well said, Roger.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

81lets be a bit philosophical, shall we? - Page 4 Empty Re: lets be a bit philosophical, shall we? Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:59 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Rogerbee wrote:
Yeah, your contributions are always valued.

Regarding time, the trap I'd always find myself falling into was rushing a project thinking that people were impatiently waiting for another post. You have to take the time you need to get what you need to do done, it's your time that matters, not theirs.

So true, Roger. So true.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

lets be a bit philosophical, shall we? - Page 4 C8485110

82lets be a bit philosophical, shall we? - Page 4 Empty Re: lets be a bit philosophical, shall we? Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:49 pm

Delanie

Delanie
Thank you folks I agree with the time thing I have also ruined things by rushing them. my leather and tools came this week but i have to build the saddle tree first.

83lets be a bit philosophical, shall we? - Page 4 Empty Re: lets be a bit philosophical, shall we? Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:24 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
I've collected quite a few scales, 1/32, 1/18 and 1/6, I do appreciate the things I've collected and I do occasionally check to see if they are fine but it's not something I obsess over, I originally simply bought figures and that was it, wasn't until the early 2000's that actually started to kitbash as it is known. My original figures back then where all over the place and I didn't want to do too much to them (like taking my only uniform and dipping it in some acrylic wash!) so they didn't look good, it took some time, experimenting, reading and learning to get to where I am (which isn't amazing but I'm happy thus far). It then took a bunch more time for me to learn how to do stuff like pouches, bags and belts that appeared in scale more or less so for me doing this is just a way to be creative basically, I don't chase after expensive figures or care about the latest releases, I search ebay for cheap items that I can patch together and get a result (like some of my non canon SW troopers) simply because I enjoy that challenge of having cut up a bunch of trooper armor and figuring out how the hell am I going to piece this back together.

Another thing that I mix up with this hobby is writing, whenever I'm making something sci-fi or alt-history(very rare) or fantasy (legendary rarity) I like to sit down and figure out that world, what am I making, whats the culture/society like, whats sort of technology do they have, what type of government it is, how do they view other people or races. Without that frame work holding up that scifi or fantasy figure I lose interest, all I can see is a bunch of mismatched pieces thrown together. I actually think I didn't answer the question, I'll have to sit this one and think carefully, chose sociology over philosophy in college lol.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! lets be a bit philosophical, shall we? - Page 4 1f60e

84lets be a bit philosophical, shall we? - Page 4 Empty Re: lets be a bit philosophical, shall we? Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:24 am

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
Recently busy for work, I am less coming here for a while....I don want to see all replies that make more complicated to my understanding, so whatever you are going on, I am trying to explain your first question...... What a Face

I don't see the problem between life and 1/6 collections, maybe I am still too poor to make it "interrupts" enough to my daily life, so far I have 40++ with me, including headless spare bodies.....

Whatever you are doing, I am bet you want to going to a better living, even you want to sell your house to get a smaller house, it doesn't mean that you have to sacrifice something to fulfill it, unless you need to sell your figure for your other expenses, that is another story and I am personally support you to do that.

These collections work like trophies for me and they will stay with me as long as they intact, I don't know how these collection rule the role in your eyes.....but, just keep them with you as long as possible What a Face What a Face Suspect

https://www.deviantart.com/lawlaw91

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum