OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dragged from the Jaws, photoshoot.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dragged from the Jaws, photoshoot. Empty Dragged from the Jaws, photoshoot. Wed May 02, 2018 11:38 am

peter the painter

Dragged from the Jaws, photoshoot. 40952088345_b592e1c249_b100_1192_Large_Moment by Peter Miles, on Flickr

Dragged from the Jaws, photoshoot. 40952088885_3532e9b8a7_c100_1192 (3)_Large_Large_Moment_Large_Moment by Peter Miles, on Flickr

Dragged from the Jaws, photoshoot. 40952088235_bdb47938f0_c100_1192 (3)_Large_Large_Moment_Large_Moment(2)_Large_Moment(2) by Peter Miles, on Flickr

Thanks for looking,

Cheers,

Peter.

2Dragged from the Jaws, photoshoot. Empty Re: Dragged from the Jaws, photoshoot. Wed May 02, 2018 12:06 pm

dadrab

dadrab
That's wicked good, Peter. The facial expressions and posing are to die for, though I know far more than that goes into such a shoot.

I believe "gifted" would be a good operational term...and I mean it.

Thanks for showing us, sir.

3Dragged from the Jaws, photoshoot. Empty Re: Dragged from the Jaws, photoshoot. Wed May 02, 2018 1:31 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Really cool set up and photo, Peter. The rubble, the painted back-drop, the posing, the weathering, and the flash-effect sell the entire scenario. Fantastic.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Dragged from the Jaws, photoshoot. C8485110

4Dragged from the Jaws, photoshoot. Empty Re: Dragged from the Jaws, photoshoot. Wed May 02, 2018 2:40 pm

scalawag

scalawag
Very nicely done again Peter. Excellent in every respect. Cool

Paul

5Dragged from the Jaws, photoshoot. Empty Re: Dragged from the Jaws, photoshoot. Wed May 02, 2018 3:25 pm

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Love it Peter, heckuva scene!

6Dragged from the Jaws, photoshoot. Empty Re: Dragged from the Jaws, photoshoot. Wed May 02, 2018 5:32 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Beautiful work as usual, Peter! It even took me a while to realize you had painted ruins in the background.

7Dragged from the Jaws, photoshoot. Empty Re: Dragged from the Jaws, photoshoot. Wed May 02, 2018 9:09 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Wow man, seriously beautiful photo. The painted ruins in the back blend really well into the rest of the picture, and there's a real intensity that comes through. Well done.

8Dragged from the Jaws, photoshoot. Empty Re: Dragged from the Jaws, photoshoot. Thu May 03, 2018 3:32 am

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
Your photoshoots are always great, but this is one of the best I've seen! Love the late war Heer troops. Very dramatic, very intense!

9Dragged from the Jaws, photoshoot. Empty Re: Dragged from the Jaws, photoshoot. Fri May 04, 2018 2:45 pm

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
though i haven´t been into ww2 for quite a long time, i like this diorama a lot. excellent expression and posing. are those still the old dragon bodies underneath ? how are they holding up ? got mine stored in a basement room which is kept warm at all times, still the old ankles (especially wrists) are getting brittle after all these years.

10Dragged from the Jaws, photoshoot. Empty Re: Dragged from the Jaws, photoshoot. Sat May 05, 2018 3:49 am

peter the painter

Tjolnir wrote:though i haven´t been into ww2 for quite a long time, i like this diorama a lot. excellent expression and posing. are those still the old dragon bodies underneath ? how are they holding up ? got mine stored in a basement room which is kept warm at all times, still the old ankles (especially wrists) are getting brittle after all these years.

Thanks for your comments guys, Tjolnir, my figures have had so much posing over the years that I've had to replace nearly all the wrist posts with copper wire in order to keep them attached to the bodies, as I've said on numerous occasions, ww2 is not that interesting to me either, only trying to make inert plastic figures look like they've come to life is what interests me, ww2 figures are the figures I have , so they are the figures I use.

Cheers,

Peter.

11Dragged from the Jaws, photoshoot. Empty Re: Dragged from the Jaws, photoshoot. Sat May 05, 2018 6:25 am

blackpool

blackpool
Stunning work as always, you really master the WWII war journalism genre, which I love so much! And I find your painted backgrounds always gorgeous, they really add a unique feel to your pics, a lil 40-50's flavour that reminds me of movie posters or military ones from that era... Brilliant!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum