OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay?

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

11:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Empty 1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:10 pm

ironman1188

ironman1188
I LOVE 1:6 figures but hate that there aren't always enough affordable rides out there for them. I am currently waiting to hear back from New Bright on an idea I had. I always liked their vehicles and never really cared whether the RC worked or not, as long as the doors, trunk, etc opened. I'm sure its not a unique idea and they themselves may have already dismissed it or be looking into it.
Anyway, the idea was for "classic" TV and movie cars to be made "generically". So you's get a Candy Apple Red '75 Torino, a dark green '68 Mustang, etc..
All easily modified into what fans know them as but not needing to pay any film rights. And, one that I think has been overlooked far too long in the 1:6 market, a police patrol car.
Is this something that might interest other 1:6 connoisseurs or am I the only one that always wanted these [and many more]?

Cobratrooper11

Cobratrooper11
a 1/6th police car would be such a godsend. especially a generic black and white charger. i would also love some classic cars, but any car would do. honestly, i dont think that New Ray would care, unless we had guaranteed orders from a big retailer, or were a business partner of somekind.

31:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Empty Re: 1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:50 pm

ironman1188

ironman1188
It never hurts to try.
I would love to see a nice 70's Ford or Chevy black and white. I know I'd buy multiples.

41:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Empty Re: 1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:29 am

PitViper

PitViper
My dream vehicle is a 1:6 scale Toyota Hilux 4x4 pickup.  I've been wanting to build a "technical" like those used in conflicts all over Africa and the Middle East (Syria, Iraq, Somalia, etc).

See images:
1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Techni12
1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Techni14
1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Techni15

If the doors and rear cab door opened and you could actually fit a figure in the driver/passenger seats I would pay up to $350-400 for it.

shazzdan

shazzdan
Cool idea. A range of decals could be included to let you customise it.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yes, any and all properly-sized realistic vehicles would be very welcome. We've discussed this before, and almost everything readily available is at least slightly undersized. The Barbie/Ken mini cooper is almost the right size, between being a mini and a convertible, but it too is a bit too small.

1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Mc07a10

They usually go for about $40 USD used on eBay (but closer to $130 if new in box).

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
There are a few problems I see with any vehicle — not least of which is almost none of them are accurately sized. I’d love to have just ONE motorcycle made to exact specifications, but there isn’t one that exists. And the cost of vehicles, and the space that they take up, is just too much for me. I’ve given up buying anymore “1/6th” scale motorcycles that are over-priced and under-sized.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
There are a couple of Star Wars vehicles I realllly want, and one, I believe, is even in production, but sadly the price tag will probably make them forever out of my reach.  Sad

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

91:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Empty Re: 1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:23 am

ironman1188

ironman1188
Even if the mfr doesn't supply decals, those are easy enough to get.

Motorcycles? I hear ya. I have some but the "best" detailed ones seem to be the model kits and putting all that together is a recipe for disaster for me. Been looking for a couple police motorcycles to chase my 21st Century Beech & Crossroads chopper.

101:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Empty Re: 1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:13 pm

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
I feel ya, Stryker. I tried to get some bikes too but they're way too small.
My dream of 1/6th vehicle is the Tamiya Harley Davidson Fat Boy Lo... but the price is obscene... when you find one (since it's been discontinued). I don't mind the work to assemble it, actually I really like model kits.
I wanted some different custom bikes (specially a Honda Shadow 600... would be so dope having a mini version of my real bike...) to make a pack and a repair shop. And I also dug the idea of a truck.

- As for pricing, I'd pay up to 180usd for a bike, if details are spot on.
- For a truck, I'd go up to 200usd - 250usd if it really catches my attention.

...and I would pray for the old gods and the new... bracing myself, for shipping cost is coming.

111:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Empty Re: 1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:07 pm

Ovy

Ovy
There is a 900 $ Humvee in 6 scale, right?  And a little bird helicopter.

And I just saw a....20€ Hot pink Barbie Beetle in a shop today. And a pink RV. But, well...

There might be a reason why all my vehicles in my 1/6 world died out, too much money and not enough space. Except bicycles. I got a nice foldable Chinese bicycle from eBay. And one that looks like from a museum.

And those 1/6 tank people with their motorized tanks....they are crazy, in a beautiful way. If I had a 1/6 tank, I would paint it in bright colours and turn it into a mobile flower pot.

121:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Empty Re: 1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:18 pm

Joe Friday

Joe Friday
skywalkersaga wrote:There are a couple of Star Wars vehicles I realllly want, and one, I believe, is even in production, but sadly the price tag will probably make them forever out of my reach.  Sad

Do you speak of the speeder that Luke uses in ANH? Isn't Joost from JazzInc making that?

131:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Empty Re: 1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:23 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Joe Friday wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:There are a couple of Star Wars vehicles I realllly want, and one, I believe, is even in production, but sadly the price tag will probably make them forever out of my reach.  Sad

Do you speak of the speeder that Luke uses in ANH? Isn't Joost from JazzInc making that?

I was referring to Anakin's Jedi starfighter from RotS which was teased by Hot Toys at SDCC, but yes, of course, that sounds pretty awesome too! :'D

141:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Empty Re: 1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:02 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Vehicles are one of those things that I love but lack the space, I have 3, 21st century schwimmwagen, hasbro jeep and a nonbranded civilian looking military car, I also have a lanard atv and snowmobile (somewhere stored) but otherwise if I where to get an rc car it would be a pickup, I missed my chance to get a fairly normal looking one some years ago and I still can't forgive myself for not picking it up and making something out of it.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! 1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? 1f60e

151:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Empty Re: 1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:35 pm

Joe Friday

Joe Friday
Hell, I don't even have space for what few figures I've got much less vehicles! Oh how I wish I was rich and could build a huge house with a dedicated man cave/figure room.

161:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Empty Re: 1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:29 pm

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
hard to say. i paid roughly 1000€ for a 1/6 tiger tank twice, for the first was "destroyed" when a renovation took place in the house it was stored at. so if i got my mind set on a goal i tend to spend ridiculous sums. that being said, no matter how expensive, it remains a background piece with the figures taking the spotlight.

personally i'd buy a 1/6 fallout highwayman (stylized car in the fallout universe) as a background piece, but i wouldn't go above say 150€. even if it was done "poorly" it could be placed into some debris to cover the flaws and painted rusty.
but so far the 1/6 vehicles, apart from ww2 themed expensive collectors items, looked rather low detailed and requiring some major makeover to make them look on par with the quality figures are at nowadays. a skill i sadly don't possess(yet?)
oh, forgot about the space they take up. one complete basement room is filled with some crude buildings and said tiger tank crossing a road so any diorama would need to be large enough you can walk around in to place your stuff.
cheers

171:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Empty Re: 1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:03 pm

ironman1188

ironman1188
Well, I've got from New Bright
3 Hummer H3,
1 PT Cruiser,
1 VW,
1 Chevy Avalanche,
1 porsche[?],
1 pickup [can't recall which off the top of my head],
2 Radio Shack '69 Camaros,
1 Batman Tumbler [not HT],
1 Maisto motorcycle,
2 New Ray Honda CBR 1000RR,
a few GI Joe jeeps,
1 GI Joe AT helicopter,
1 GI Joe swamp craft,
1 GI Joe Light Strike Vehicle,
3 GI Joe 6 wheel ATV,
1 GI Joe Big Trapper,
2 or 3 GI Joe MSV
probably 5 GI Joe HOF Rhinos,
1 or GI Joe space capsules,
4 or 5 21st Century Humvees [military, fire, police],
a couple 21st Schwimmwagens,
1 or 2 21st Kubelwagens,
2 21st Kettencrads,
3 21st Beech & Crossroads motorcycles,
4 21st helicopters,
2 Action Man Silver Speeders,
1 Action Man Stealth Jet,
2 Max Steel motorcycles,
1 Max Steel MX48 turbo car,
1 HALO Warthog
and that doesn't include the Star Wars 1:6 vehicles
and probably a few that I've overlooked in the vast emptiness that is my head.
But I'd certainly welcome any from a new line like I mentioned.

181:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Empty Re: 1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:46 am

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Would pay quite a lot for a 1/6 Knight Rider KITT and Michael.

Stryker2011 wrote:There are a few problems I see with any vehicle — not least of which is almost none of them are accurately sized. I’d love to have just ONE motorcycle made to exact specifications, but there isn’t one that exists. And the cost of vehicles, and the space that they take up, is just too much for me. I’ve given up buying anymore “1/6th” scale motorcycles that are over-priced and under-sized.

Are the Tamiya motorcycle kits not accurate to size and specs?

@ironman1188. What a collection of vehicles! Batman Tumbler but not HT? What company made it?

191:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Empty Re: 1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:38 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I never bought any of the Tamiya’s; too expensive for my taste. I’d have to see them with a figure to be able to tell you if they are built to proper scale.

201:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Empty Re: 1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:27 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

There will always be a difference between what a toy company will do and what someone who actually takes the time to get everything right will do. Someone like New Bright isn't going to deliver something dead on.

If you want to see a real 1/6 vehicle taking shape, you should see the Bond Lotus Esprit that Marine Boy is building on SSF, that thing is AMAZING!!

211:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Empty Re: 1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:00 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’ve been watching that build on SSF — it is pretty remarkable — particularly the working lights.

221:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Empty Re: 1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:33 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Tjolnir wrote:hard to say. i paid roughly 1000€ for a 1/6 tiger tank twice, for the first was "destroyed" when a renovation took place in the house it was stored at. so if i got my mind set on a goal i tend to spend ridiculous sums. that being said, no matter how expensive, it remains a background piece with the figures taking the spotlight.

personally i'd buy a 1/6 fallout highwayman (stylized car in the fallout universe) as a background piece, but i wouldn't go above say 150€. even if it was done "poorly" it could be placed into some debris to cover the flaws and painted rusty.
but so far the 1/6 vehicles, apart from ww2 themed expensive collectors items, looked rather low detailed and requiring some major makeover to make them look on par with the quality figures are at nowadays. a skill i sadly don't possess(yet?)
oh, forgot about the space they take up. one complete basement room is filled with some crude buildings and said tiger tank crossing a road so any diorama would need to be large enough you can walk around in to place your stuff.
cheers

ironman1188 wrote:Well, I've got from New Bright
3 Hummer H3,
1 PT Cruiser,
1 VW,
1 Chevy Avalanche,
1 porsche[?],
1 pickup [can't recall which off the top of my head],
2 Radio Shack '69 Camaros,
1 Batman Tumbler [not HT],
1 Maisto motorcycle,
2 New Ray Honda CBR 1000RR,
a few GI Joe jeeps,
1 GI Joe AT helicopter,
1 GI Joe swamp craft,
1 GI Joe Light Strike Vehicle,
3 GI Joe 6 wheel ATV,
1 GI Joe Big Trapper,
2 or 3 GI Joe MSV
probably 5 GI Joe HOF Rhinos,
1 or GI Joe space capsules,
4 or 5 21st Century Humvees [military, fire, police],
a couple 21st Schwimmwagens,
1 or 2 21st Kubelwagens,
2 21st Kettencrads,
3 21st Beech & Crossroads motorcycles,
4 21st helicopters,
2 Action Man Silver Speeders,
1 Action Man Stealth Jet,
2 Max Steel motorcycles,
1 Max Steel MX48 turbo car,
1 HALO Warthog
and that doesn't include the Star Wars 1:6 vehicles
and probably a few that I've overlooked in the vast emptiness that is my head.
But I'd certainly welcome any from a new line like I mentioned.

Wow, we need some pictures here, gentlemen! Laughing

231:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Empty Re: 1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:44 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yeah, wow, you are certainly dedicated to the 1/6 vehicles, ironman1188! Seconding in Ovy in the request for pics, especially incorporated with some figures.

Other than the SW stuff -- of which I'd probably be lucky to even afford a speeder -- I'm not really into collecting vehicles, mainly since the majority of my figures would have little use for such things. Ok, I guess my Daryl Dixon could probably do with a motorcycle, though as Stryker pointed out, it's nearly impossible to find them actually to-scale. And not only that, but living in a tiny house in the UK, I barely have room for my small 1/6 figure collection as it is.  I'm much more into collecting 1/6 horses for medieval/fantasy figures, and once able, would gladly pay through the nose for a custom Nohuanda.

But I'm always interested to see others' collections, and yours sounds impressive indeed. Smile

241:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Empty Re: 1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:15 pm

ironman1188

ironman1188
Rogerbee wrote:
There will always be a difference between what a toy company will do and what someone who actually takes the time to get everything right will do. Someone like New Bright isn't going to deliver something dead on.

If you want to see a real 1/6 vehicle taking shape, you should see the Bond Lotus Esprit that Marine Boy is building on SSF, that thing is AMAZING!!

Dead on? No. But recognizable, usable and affordable? Yes.
If I could afford custom made vehicles this thread wouldn't have been necessary. Getting someone to recognize that there IS a market for retail 1:6 vehicles is the first, most important step.

251:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Empty Re: 1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:46 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum