OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TOYSEIIKI: 1/6 Killing City-Reika / Xia Ping Linghua & Anzu / Shanxi Apricot Single Sale & Set

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

skywalkersaga

Lovely photos as always, desertdragon. Smile  Don't think I need to say more about the design of the outfit, since it's been said already. I think my fave photo is the one of her from behind, as her hair looks great and also it means you don't see the ridiculous front view of the 'top' she's wearing. Razz

ReverendSpooky

Damn Desertdragon, great photos!

I love Gantz so freakin much.  The manga is actually brilliant, and so well written.  It's completely insane, and you never know where it's going.  It's a bit tricky, because it's completely over the top on the surface, but there's some deceptively deep and interesting concepts lurking below, and the storytelling is top notch, along with the art.

I actually wish they were doing the full costumes.  The artist does these really pin-up pics between chapter, which is what these are based on, but it's supposed to be them.... just sorta 1/2 dressed.  

If anyone is interested, skip the anime series and just read the manga.  The anime botches it pretty badly.  However, Netflix did a CG animated movie a few years ago that's a blast, and well worth watching.  It completely skips all the story, so don't judge the series by it, but it basically just adapts one of the biggest battles from the books, and does it gloriously well.  They make a few key changes to make it more self-contained, but it's a hell of a fun ride.

The figures are a bit overpriced, and I was planning to skip buying, but I love the series so damn much, I'm reconsidering now that they're out.

http://reverendspooky.com

desertdragon

ReverendSpooky wrote:Damn Desertdragon, great photos!

I love Gantz so freakin much.  The manga is actually brilliant, and so well written.  It's completely insane, and you never know where it's going.  It's a bit tricky, because it's completely over the top on the surface, but there's some deceptively deep and interesting concepts lurking below, and the storytelling is top notch, along with the art.

I actually wish they were doing the full costumes.  The artist does these really pin-up pics between chapter, which is what these are based on, but it's supposed to be them.... just sorta 1/2 dressed.  

If anyone is interested, skip the anime series and just read the manga.  The anime botches it pretty badly.  However, Netflix did a CG animated movie a few years ago that's a blast, and well worth watching.  It completely skips all the story, so don't judge the series by it, but it basically just adapts one of the biggest battles from the books, and does it gloriously well.  They make a few key changes to make it more self-contained, but it's a hell of a fun ride.

The figures are a bit overpriced, and I was planning to skip buying, but I love the series so damn much, I'm reconsidering now that they're out.

Thank you so much ReverendSpooky! I really love the Gantz girls - I have a P1 Anzu on order, and I have 3 of the 4 Union Creative figures... I am ordering the Manga on the strength of your recommendation - thank you!!

ReverendSpooky

desertdragon wrote:

Thank you so much ReverendSpooky! I really love the Gantz girls - I have a P1 Anzu on order, and I have 3 of the 4 Union Creative figures... I am ordering the Manga on the strength of your recommendation - thank you!!

Oh man, the P1 and Union Creative figures all look great!  There's a statue of the hard suit too for a little over a cool grand.

DoublePack - NEW PRODUCT: TOYSEIIKI: 1/6 Killing City-Reika / Xia Ping Linghua & Anzu / Shanxi Apricot Single Sale & Set - Page 2 713IwAkZArL._AC_SY606_

It they did that in 1/6 as an actual posable figure, I'd consider paying Hulkbuster prices.  

I don't really do statues, so I've been wanting posable Gantz figures for a while.  Medicom did some great ones, but I missed the boat, and now they're just more than I'm willing to pay.  Damn, I think I'm talking myself into these as I type this...

And you will not be disappointed in the manga.  I was constantly on the edge of my seat reading, and there are so man mind blowing moments.  Now I want to start re-reading it.

http://reverendspooky.com

desertdragon

desertdragon
ReverendSpooky wrote:
desertdragon wrote:

Oh man, the P1 and Union Creative figures all look great!  There's a statue of the hard suit too for a little over a cool grand.

DoublePack - NEW PRODUCT: TOYSEIIKI: 1/6 Killing City-Reika / Xia Ping Linghua & Anzu / Shanxi Apricot Single Sale & Set - Page 2 713IwAkZArL._AC_SY606_

It they did that in 1/6 as an actual posable figure, I'd consider paying Hulkbuster prices.  

I don't really do statues, so I've been wanting posable Gantz figures for a while.  Medicom did some great ones, but I missed the boat, and now they're just more than I'm willing to pay.  Damn, I think I'm talking myself into these as I type this...

And you will not be disappointed in the manga.  I was constantly on the edge of my seat reading, and there are so man mind blowing moments.  Now I want to start re-reading it.

Oh man the hard suit statue looks amazing - if I had any slack at all in my statue / figure queue I'd pick that up for sure... And if you've wanted Gantz poseable figures then the Toyseikis really are fantastic - Reika has really grown on me, and I'm just about to break down and get Anzu now Smile And Volume 1 of Gantz comes tomorrow - I'm super excited to start reading it!! Thank you again!!

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
I'm 100% with RevSpooky. The full bodysuit figures would be a must-have for me. I'd like to see the male characters too.
This series is a masterpiece. The manga is heavy, not everyone's cup of tea, but is amazing. I love the style and story. I remember seeing the anime in my adolescence, and it blew my mind. And, boy, was I glad to watch the Netflix's movie. They didn't disappoint, paying a decent tribute to the franchise. You don't need to read the manga or the anime to appreciate the Netflix's movie, so that's a good start.

If only the "Eden: It's an Endless World!" manga would receive the same treatment... This manga also got a great art style, beautifully detailed in each shot, and a really engaging story, with interesting characters' development and pretty emotional in some parts. I was amazed by how sucked I was into it. I don't know why every time I think of Gantz, I remember this one, and vice-versa.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
desertdragon wrote:
ReverendSpooky wrote:
desertdragon wrote:

Oh man the hard suit statue looks amazing - if I had any slack at all in my statue / figure queue I'd pick that up for sure... And if you've wanted Gantz poseable figures then the Toyseikis really are fantastic - Reika has really grown on me, and I'm just about to break down and get Anzu now Smile And Volume 1 of Gantz comes tomorrow - I'm super excited to start reading it!! Thank you again!!

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

And I broke and ordered the Toyseiiki set about 5 minutes after posting. Hoping they show up next week. And for the record, your photos may have sold me more then their actual marketing shots. I think they owe you a cut of this sale.

desertdragon

desertdragon
haha thank you so much! I think you'll really love them - I'm ordering Anzu next week (I also decided to get the one Reika figure from Union Creative I didn't have), and will post some shots of her when she arrives Smile

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
desertdragon wrote:haha thank you so much! I think you'll really love them - I'm ordering Anzu next week (I also decided to get the one Reika figure from Union Creative I didn't have), and will post some shots of her when she arrives Smile

I'm looking forward to it already!

FreakinLobster wrote:I'm 100% with RevSpooky. The full bodysuit figures would be a must-have for me. I'd like to see the male characters too.
This series is a masterpiece. The manga is heavy, not everyone's cup of tea, but is amazing. I love the style and story. I remember seeing the anime in my adolescence, and it blew my mind. And, boy, was I glad to watch the Netflix's movie. They didn't disappoint, paying a decent tribute to the franchise. You don't need to read the manga or the anime to appreciate the Netflix's movie, so that's a good start.

If only the "Eden: It's an Endless World!" manga would receive the same treatment... This manga also got a great art style, beautifully detailed in each shot, and a really engaging story, with interesting characters' development and pretty emotional in some parts. I was amazed by how sucked I was into it. I don't know why every time I think of Gantz, I remember this one, and vice-versa.

So glad to find another Gantz fan! And I'm so with you.  I'm looking into if anyone has made just bodysuits of a similar material to these, and maybe I can combine to make the full suits.  I would LOVE a Kurono and Kato to go with them too.  I think the anime might have been my 1st introduction too, but it goes off the rails right when the manga really starts to hit it's stride. The Netflix movie made some smart changes to make it feel more self contained, so I completely forgive anywhere it departs from the source material.  In a perfect world, we'd get a full series adaptation from that production team.  And I agree, it's so not for everyone.  The gore and violence is turned up to 11, and while there is some gratuitous nudity, it's not the focus of the series.  And I think the main character has one of the most interesting development arcs I've ever red.  (For anyone reading for the 1st time, yes he is an unlikable bastard.  Stick with it, it pays off).

I'm adding Eden: It's an Endless World! to my reading list right now, and will dig into it ASAP. Thanks for recommending!  Totally psyched to check it out.

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Also a fan of Gantz here, can't believe it's been so long since I first randomly watched the anime and couldn't stop because it was so shocking, and weird...and just totally my thing!! lol The Netflix movie and Harlock: Space Pirate are two of the most badass CG anime adaptations I've ever seen. If anyone knows other similar treasures let me know.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
AlKelAstra91 wrote:Also a fan of Gantz here, can't believe it's been so long since I first randomly watched the anime and couldn't stop because it was so shocking, and weird...and just totally my thing!! lol The Netflix movie and Harlock: Space Pirate are two of the most badass CG anime adaptations I've ever seen. If anyone knows other similar treasures let me know.

Oh damn, you're a Gantz fan too!? Have you read it too? If you liked the original anime, you'll love the manga. After the temple mission, things ratchet up to a whole different level of crazy. I think I mentioned on one of your threads, but I highly recommend you check out Dorohedoro. There's a certain vibe to it that reminds me of your work.

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
ReverendSpooky wrote:
AlKelAstra91 wrote:Also a fan of Gantz here, can't believe it's been so long since I first randomly watched the anime and couldn't stop because it was so shocking, and weird...and just totally my thing!! lol The Netflix movie and Harlock: Space Pirate are two of the most badass CG anime adaptations I've ever seen. If anyone knows other similar treasures let me know.

Oh damn, you're a Gantz fan too!?  Have you read it too?  If you liked the original anime, you'll love the manga.  After the temple mission, things ratchet up to a whole different level of crazy.  I think I mentioned on one of your threads, but I highly recommend you check out Dorohedoro. There's a certain vibe to it that reminds me of your work.  

I have to admit I haven't read actual manga in quite some time. I do remember browsing the Gantz manga when I first got into it, but I start to miss the colors of anime even though I appreciate traditional black and white manga. I know in some cases it's the only way to continue the stories when the anime ends. I've only researched the art style of Dorohedoro so far but I really need to read/watch it so I can see what you're talking about, I know with your tastes if you recommend something it has to be a special treat.

To stay on topic I also hope to see more figures of the male characters and other females who are not quite as revealing. Even though I appreciate that too, lol, there's more to them than that from what I remember.

desertdragon

desertdragon
So, as I had the good sense to go ahead and pick up Anzu, I thought I would share some shots of her... I was initially hesitant to get her as I thought that because her eyes seemed too large in the product photos, her portrait wouldn't work as well as Reika's... Having her in person has completely changed my mind - her portrait is perfect, and if anything is even more beautiful than Reika's... I am super happy to have both of them, and I can give the highest recommendation to the both of them if you like the Gantz girls at all... TBLeague continues to do some absolutley wonderful design work that plays to the strength of their seamless bodies... Speaking of bodies, just for reference both Reika and Anzu share the same body and base Gantz suit (which is definitely not a bad thing), and feature different portraits (obviously) and weapons...

And I am happy to report that I have started reading the manga, and am totally hooked on it... It's strange, sexy, and terrifying in the best way possible, and I really love how the reader knows just as little about WTF is going on as the characters themselves - it's a great way to convey the insanity of the story directly and with maximum impact... I can't wait to finish it!

I'll shut up now and let Anzu do the talking Smile

DoublePack - NEW PRODUCT: TOYSEIIKI: 1/6 Killing City-Reika / Xia Ping Linghua & Anzu / Shanxi Apricot Single Sale & Set - Page 2 Gantz_22

DoublePack - NEW PRODUCT: TOYSEIIKI: 1/6 Killing City-Reika / Xia Ping Linghua & Anzu / Shanxi Apricot Single Sale & Set - Page 2 Gantz_21

DoublePack - NEW PRODUCT: TOYSEIIKI: 1/6 Killing City-Reika / Xia Ping Linghua & Anzu / Shanxi Apricot Single Sale & Set - Page 2 Gantz_23

DoublePack - NEW PRODUCT: TOYSEIIKI: 1/6 Killing City-Reika / Xia Ping Linghua & Anzu / Shanxi Apricot Single Sale & Set - Page 2 Gantz_26

DoublePack - NEW PRODUCT: TOYSEIIKI: 1/6 Killing City-Reika / Xia Ping Linghua & Anzu / Shanxi Apricot Single Sale & Set - Page 2 Gantz_24

DoublePack - NEW PRODUCT: TOYSEIIKI: 1/6 Killing City-Reika / Xia Ping Linghua & Anzu / Shanxi Apricot Single Sale & Set - Page 2 Gantz_25

DoublePack - NEW PRODUCT: TOYSEIIKI: 1/6 Killing City-Reika / Xia Ping Linghua & Anzu / Shanxi Apricot Single Sale & Set - Page 2 Gantz_27

DoublePack - NEW PRODUCT: TOYSEIIKI: 1/6 Killing City-Reika / Xia Ping Linghua & Anzu / Shanxi Apricot Single Sale & Set - Page 2 Gantz_28

DoublePack - NEW PRODUCT: TOYSEIIKI: 1/6 Killing City-Reika / Xia Ping Linghua & Anzu / Shanxi Apricot Single Sale & Set - Page 2 Gantz_29

DoublePack - NEW PRODUCT: TOYSEIIKI: 1/6 Killing City-Reika / Xia Ping Linghua & Anzu / Shanxi Apricot Single Sale & Set - Page 2 Gantz_30

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I saw her parted out and instantly thought of you. And sure enough your glorious photography follows through beautifully.

desertdragon

desertdragon
GubernatorFan wrote:I saw her parted out and instantly thought of you. And sure enough your glorious photography follows through beautifully.

Thanks so much GubernatorFan! It's always a pleasure and privilege to share my photos with you guys, but to be fair all I have to do is point the camera and push the button, and Reika and Anzu do all the work Very Happy

ahbake

Just started watching the anime on Netflix, and it really is one of the most bizarre things I've seen... in a very fun and entertaining way.
Too bad both have the same body, though.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Another great set of shots highlighting your new lady. She looks great.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

DoublePack - NEW PRODUCT: TOYSEIIKI: 1/6 Killing City-Reika / Xia Ping Linghua & Anzu / Shanxi Apricot Single Sale & Set - Page 2 C8485110

Diana

Diana
They really do look amazing. Those bodies are gorgeous and I hope they are basically those new anime bodies, judging by those curves, cause I'll be getting one. Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Diana -- you could be right and it's the same body. I find it rather difficult to tell for sure unless I could see both of them directly in comparison. Sometimes the sizes of the heads and placement of clothing [such as it is] can affect my view of the overall body shape. I haven't found any of these Gantz bodies parted out though... if anyone else has, I'd be curious to see if for no other reason than comparison purposes to that upcoming tbleague 'anime' body.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

desertdragon

desertdragon
AerynDiana wrote:They really do look amazing. Those bodies are gorgeous and I hope they are basically those new anime bodies, judging by those curves, cause I'll be getting one. Smile

Thank you - I'm 99% certain they are using the TBL anime bodies, and I can confirm they are super gorgeous Smile

desertdragon

desertdragon
Stryker2011 wrote:Another great set of shots highlighting your new lady. She looks great.

Thanks so much Stryker! I'm really happy to have both of them... and though you can't tell so much in my shots, their weapon accessories are fantastically executed - the detail on them is phenomenal... Again, Anzu and Reika are both totally wonderful Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum