OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How do you make your own clothing?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26How do you make your own clothing? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you make your own clothing? Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:33 pm

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Yep. “printable fabric” will give you plenty of options.

27How do you make your own clothing? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you make your own clothing? Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:35 pm

stevieboy1

Stryker2011 wrote:Yep. “printable fabric” will give you plenty of options.
Ok cool I will see what I can find Thank you Wink
Dont happen to have a 1/6 jeans pattern as well do you LMAO Laughing Its driving me mad i just cant make a workable pattern

Best wishes
Steve ;-)

28How do you make your own clothing? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you make your own clothing? Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:57 pm

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Sorry, no jeans pattern. Some things are just easier to purchase — but I understand you want white ones. An option you might consider is purchase a pair of 1/6 jeans and either tear them apart to reverse engineer your own pattern (I did that with a pleated mini-skirt), or see if you can’t bleach the crap out of them to make them white.

29How do you make your own clothing? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you make your own clothing? Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:27 pm

Lynkhart

I’d definitely recommend checking out My Froggy Stuff on Youtube - she makes clothes mainly for Barbies, and now some Integrity dolls, but her tutorials usually include how to make patterns for the doll as part of the process and they’re very easy to follow.

I’ve accumulated lots of tutorials and patterns over the years from various sources - most are for Barbies and the like, but can be altered to suit different brands!

https://pin.it/kucgoaxui7dir6

I’m still relatively new to sewing in general but I’d like to make up some decent patterns for 1/6th scale fics eventually to share with everyone, though I don’t have many figs to work from. XD

http://lastalliancestudios.blogspot.co.uk

30How do you make your own clothing? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you make your own clothing? Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:44 pm

stevieboy1

Lynkhart wrote:I’d definitely recommend checking out My Froggy Stuff on Youtube - she makes clothes mainly for Barbies, and now some Integrity dolls, but her tutorials usually include how to make patterns for the doll   as part of the process and they’re very easy to follow.

I’ve accumulated lots of tutorials and patterns over the years from various sources - most are for Barbies and the like, but can be altered to suit different brands!

https://pin.it/kucgoaxui7dir6

I’m still relatively new to sewing in general but I’d like to make up some decent patterns for 1/6th scale fics eventually to share with everyone, though I don’t have many figs to work from. XD

I have tried to follow guides for making the patterns but im just no good at it lol have tried many a time in the past and never turned out well. plus wanting them to look as real as possable oh its a problem. I will take a look though Wink
Best wishes
Steve Wink

31How do you make your own clothing? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you make your own clothing? Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:48 pm

stevieboy1

Stryker2011 wrote:Sorry, no jeans pattern. Some things are just easier to purchase — but I understand you want white ones. An option you might consider is purchase a pair of 1/6 jeans and either tear them apart to reverse engineer your own pattern (I did that with a pleated mini-skirt), or see if you can’t bleach the crap out of them to make them white.

Ive tried bleaching things in the past but things have never tured a proper white for me more of a creamy yellow and dont facy pullying a pair of the 1/6 jeans apart there expensive enough on there own well the decent ones are anyways lol Razz If anyone has any ideas how I could bleach a pair to pure white please let me know?

Although i still need the pattern so i can then modify a 2nd pattern to turn them into black lace up side trousers for my dark Angel so a bit stuck either way at mo. confused

32How do you make your own clothing? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you make your own clothing? Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:15 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Glad you chimed in, Lynkhart -- you definitely have accumulated some great resources. Smile

And stevieboy -- Instead of bleaching, you could perhaps start with a pale pair of 1/6 jeans and try painting them? You'd probably want to experiment a bit first to see if you can get the right colour/consistency of the paint prior to doing so, though. 

I use fabric medium mixed with acrylic model paints to paint, weather, or 'dye' fabrics for 1/6 projects, though I always experiment first wherever possible because it can be easy to end up with stiff fabric if you aren't careful. 

If you have images of your characters in the outfits you want to create, it would perhaps make it easier for us to help you either source the clothing or figure out what material you need, etc. : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

33How do you make your own clothing? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you make your own clothing? Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:37 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Here’s a company that makes clothing you might want to check out:

https://www.hegemony77.com/

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Hegemony77com

He who dies with the most toys wins!

How do you make your own clothing? - Page 2 C8485110

34How do you make your own clothing? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you make your own clothing? Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:43 pm

stevieboy1

Stryker2011 wrote:Here’s a company that makes clothing you might want to check out:

https://www.hegemony77.com/

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Hegemony77com

yes ive seen there stuff it looks great but very expensive and way out of my budget. I have been looking at there behind the scence type pics the makings off etc got a few tips from the pics but nothing that helpfull with the pattern Wink
best wishes
Steve Wink

a little update...well after god knows how many atempts at trying to draw up a patter for the jeans i think i finaly have drawn up a workable pattern dont know if it will work but will soon find out lol. I have orderd a new sewing machine and orderd some fabrics (hoping they will be thin enough) orderd the little tiny gold studs etc too so when it all arrives i can give it a go and see if i can make it work. Fingers crossed. If it works then I can go about making an alterd pattern to hopfully make the lace up side black leather pants for the Dark angel idea. well here is hoping lol also got a pair of army type trousers for my first project and came with a vest top that i can get a pattern from too so that will be a big help. I just hate waiting for stuff to come in the post though im not very good with patience Laughing Rolling Eyes But if the pattern works I will glady share it with anyone that may be interested Wink

Best wishes
Steve Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum