OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Help needed with forum tech

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 9]

201Help needed with forum tech - Page 9 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:55 pm

shovelchop81

Pics aren't loading on my Sharpe Builds thread, only links showing. Keeps asking for human identity with CAPCHA b.s. everytime I try to submit it too, driving me nuts by forcing me to identify mopeds as motorcycles!! Heresy!! Mad confused

202Help needed with forum tech - Page 9 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:03 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I took a look. Perhaps you just stuck too many photos in a single post. Or, since I experimented limiting the images to a much smaller number but still got the same result, there is something different on imgur's end that prompts this response from Forumotion. I hope this is fixed soon. So far I'm unable to find anything addressing this.
PS The images in the earlier posts are displaying fine.
Edit: Strange, the photos display both in preview mode (which is of no help to regular members except the author) and in the newest photo gallery at the bottom of the main forum page.
Edit: Imgur has a certain limit on image requests, and maybe having so many all in one place triggered it. But I don't know where exactly the problem lies.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

203Help needed with forum tech - Page 9 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:07 am

shovelchop81

GubernatorFan wrote:I took a look. Perhaps you just stuck too many photos in a single post. Or, since I experimented limiting the images to a much smaller number but still got the same result, there is something different on imgur's end that prompts this response from Forumotion. I hope this is fixed soon. So far I'm unable to find anything addressing this.
PS The images in the earlier posts are displaying fine.
Edit: Strange, the photos display both in preview mode (which is of no help to regular members except the author) and in the newest photo gallery at the bottom of the main forum page.
Edit: Imgur has a certain limit on image requests, and maybe having so many all in one place triggered it. But I don't know where exactly the problem lies.

Cheers! It's not that many images by my usual standards! LOL.

204Help needed with forum tech - Page 9 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:35 am

davidd

GubernatorFan wrote:

I wonder if he has a paid account or a free account at Imgur? Some hosts place limits on various services for free accounts.

No, wait... I figured it out:

Help needed with forum tech - Page 9 8YG5hKs

The error is in the way the code is typed.

The initial image tag has somehow become separated from the URL which still includes the closing image tag.

See how the [ img ] is printing in black, but the URL and closing tag are showing as blue?

That won't work.

Copy the entire string:
Code:
 [img]https://i.imgur.com/8YG5hKs.png[/img]
and paste it back in as one piece. It should work.

With a sufficiently generous salary offer, forum Admin might tempt me to come onboard as a technical consultant.  Wink

205Help needed with forum tech - Page 9 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:01 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
davidd wrote:I figured it out:

The initial image tag has somehow become separated from the URL which still includes the closing image tag.

See how the [ img ] is printing in black, but the URL and closing tag are showing as blue?

That won't work.

Copy the entire string:
Code:

With a sufficiently generous salary offer, forum Admin might tempt me to come onboard as a technical consultant.  Wink

Thanks for figuring it out, David. There is still some mystery (the first three links, or some of them, compromise the whole thing), but I was able to repost most of the links so they would display in a new post in Shovelchop's thread; and you succeeded with the first one. I don't know what went wrong in the coding (it is not obvious from the code itself) to cause this issue.
We don't make any money from the forum. If you can find a way to get us some revenue, provided it is at no cost or inconvenience to forum members, I would be happy to share it with you for your technological assistance. So far, I can offer you a digital file of Death Star walls or two. Smile

206Help needed with forum tech - Page 9 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:47 pm

davidd

davidd
Let me see if I can get the first three broken image links to work:

Help needed with forum tech - Page 9 MaeIQ3A

Hmmm... only the first two images work. Something is amiss with the third image.

207Help needed with forum tech - Page 9 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:52 pm

davidd

davidd
Okay... that is odd. There's something about the third link that triggers the forum's "spam filter."
With the third link included, I get the CAPTCHA message asking me to verify that I am not a spammer.
If I remove the third link, the other two images post fine.

Now let me try the third image alone:

link code was inserted here

Nope - no go! Not even this one link by itself. In fact, it won't work even if that URL is enclosed between [ CODE ] tags.

There's something amiss with the third image, or with the code for the third image, that the forum software doesn't play nicely with. Strangely, the image shows up in Preview, but the forum will not allow that image to be posted.

208Help needed with forum tech - Page 9 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:49 pm

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
davidd wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:

I wonder if he has a paid account or a free account at Imgur? Some hosts place limits on various services for free accounts.

No, wait... I figured it out:

That won't work.

Copy the entire string:
Code:

How bizarre!! Well done and thank you for figuring that out!! It's possible I could have been copying the 'link' code only and not the message board code due to being tired?

209Help needed with forum tech - Page 9 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:53 pm

davidd

davidd
shovelchop81 wrote:

How bizarre!! Well done and thank you for figuring that out!! It's possible I could have been copying the 'link' code only and not the message board code due to being tired?

It appears that one faulty link was affecting the entire post. There's a problem with the third image link, which is the second detail photo of the gold decorative appliqué.

210Help needed with forum tech - Page 9 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:56 pm

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
davidd wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:

It appears that one faulty link was affecting the entire post. There's a problem with the third image link, which is the second detail photo of the gold decorative appliqué.

Okay...gets even weirder! Thanks again!

211Help needed with forum tech - Page 9 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:49 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for determining which link was at fault, David. I guess why is still a mystery, but now we have an idea of how this sort of thing might happen.

212Help needed with forum tech - Page 9 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:36 am

Diana

Diana
I've been noticing for a few weeks that when I add the usual three images at once, the focus/cursor doesn't always get placed at the end of the last inserted image. As a result the next three images are sometimes inserted in the middle of code or text.

So I've simply been mindful of that and paying attention to where the cursor is and double checking before posting that none of the code has been interrupted.

Could just be my browser of course. Just FYI.

213Help needed with forum tech - Page 9 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:46 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you, Diana, good to know. I had no idea, but then again I plug them in one at a time using the "Insert image" button and Servimg direct links.

214Help needed with forum tech - Page 9 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:05 am

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Cheers Diana! I'll keep an eye out for that happening although my cursor doesn't show up on 'prepublished' text now I think of it... which is a paint in the butt!!

215Help needed with forum tech - Page 9 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:30 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:Cheers Diana! I'll keep an eye out for that happening although my cursor doesn't show up on 'prepublished' text now I think of it... which is a paint in the butt!!
There are two editor modes, and you can toggle between them by clicking on the last button (looks like a sheet of paper) above the box you type into. Perhaps this would address this. Or maybe I misunderstood.

216Help needed with forum tech - Page 9 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:13 am

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:Cheers Diana! I'll keep an eye out for that happening although my cursor doesn't show up on 'prepublished' text now I think of it... which is a paint in the butt!!
There are two editor modes, and you can toggle between them by clicking on the last button (looks like a sheet of paper) above the box you type into. Perhaps this would address this. Or maybe I misunderstood.

I'll give it a go, cheers!

217Help needed with forum tech - Page 9 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:12 pm

craftsrmyluvlanguage

This is more a question about functionality than a tech issue. Is there a way to view the image feed of a specific thread without the text of the messages, similar to the "Latest Photo" feed? For example, is there a way to scroll through just the images in a thread for TBLeague clothing, then click on a specific photo to see the original post and get more info?

218Help needed with forum tech - Page 9 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:17 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
craftsrmyluvlanguage wrote:This is more a question about functionality than a tech issue. Is there a way to view the image feed of a specific thread without the text of the messages, similar to the "Latest Photo" feed? For example, is there a way to scroll through just the images in a thread for TBLeague clothing, then click on a specific photo to see the original post and get more info?
I checked and it does not appear that there is such an option. Other than going page by page (and remember to allow time for the photos to load, as necessary), your best bet might be to start with the very first post on the first (oldest) page, which has an index for all 30 formal installments; you can open each in a new tab from the links. However, this way you might miss any images posted outside of the formal installments, unless of course you browse further.

219Help needed with forum tech - Page 9 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:31 pm

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
AAARGH!! It's doing that thing again! Not showing pics and asking me if I'm spam just like it did on my Sharpe/Loup WIP thread mentioned above on this page (11) of this thread. It's now doing it on my 3 Vader builds thread Rolling Eyes scratch Crying or Very sad Help again please!! Thank you!!

220Help needed with forum tech - Page 9 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:50 pm

davidd

davidd
shovelchop81 wrote:AAARGH!! It's doing that thing again! Not showing pics and asking me if I'm spam just like it did on my Sharpe/Loup WIP thread...

If you look at the post in question, you will see that the closing image tag [ /img ] has become incorporated in to the URL (web page link). You can tell because the first image tag is black like it is supposed to be, but the second /img tag is blue and underlined.

You need to manually separate the /img tag from the image link.

To do this: go in to "Edit."

Highlight just the [ /img ] part of the tag. Delete it. Then retype it.

221Help needed with forum tech - Page 9 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:04 pm

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
davidd wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:AAARGH!! It's doing that thing again! Not showing pics and asking me if I'm spam just like it did on my Sharpe/Loup WIP thread...

If you look at the post in question, you will see that the closing image tag [ /img ] has become incorporated in to the URL (web page link). You can tell because the first image tag is black like it is supposed to be, but the second /img tag is blue and underlined.

Thanks! What a pain in the arse though! I wonder why it does it?

222Help needed with forum tech - Page 9 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:12 pm

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
davidd wrote:

Doesn't work mate, just tried it, it's still checking me for being spam by asking me to click on the 'save' button after I submit any edit to the post and did that the first time too. The pictures show in the alternate edit format/option and in the preview too, very odd!

223Help needed with forum tech - Page 9 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:14 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for helping, Dave. I will try to have a look and see what can be done. Alex, I don't know why it does it in the first place. Remember, when trying to edit, there are two different editor modes you can use, and you can toggle between them by hitting that last button above the text input box, which looks like a little piece of paper with a curled top right corner and rows of text on it. One mode shows you the code, the other shows you a regular preview.

EDIT: I posted in the relevant thread, but I've been unable to fix it the way we did it last time. Any ideas, Dave?

EDIT 2: I posted Alex's long post in three separate portions and without any special editing they displayed fine. The second, middle portion, with 18 photos, still triggered the anti-spam prompt but after clicking on the "save" button as prompted, the photos displayed correctly in the post. I don't know if we can figure out a better workaround, but apparently somewhere between 8 and 18 Imgur photolink, Forumotion's software thinks that there is a spam risk, and above an unknown number (above 18) it displays them as links rather than photos.

224Help needed with forum tech - Page 9 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:02 am

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Thanks for helping, Dave. I will try to have a look and see what can be done. Alex, I don't know why it does it in the first place. Remember, when trying to edit, there are two different editor modes you can use, and you can toggle between them by hitting that last button above the text input box, which looks like a little piece of paper with a curled top right corner and rows of text on it. One mode shows you the code, the other shows you a regular preview.

EDIT: I posted in the relevant thread, but I've been unable to fix it the way we did it last time. Any ideas, Dave?

EDIT 2: I posted Alex's long post in three separate portions and without any special editing they displayed fine. The second, middle portion, with 18 photos, still triggered the anti-spam prompt but after clicking on the "save" button as prompted, the photos displayed correctly in the post. I don't know if we can figure out a better workaround, but apparently somewhere between 8 and 18 Imgur photolink, Forumotion's software thinks that there is a spam risk, and above an unknown number (above 18) it displays them as links rather than photos.

Thanks Ian! I'd given up and gone to bed! LOL. Very interesting to get picture allowance numbers too since I seem to be a postapicaholic!! lol!

225Help needed with forum tech - Page 9 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:42 am

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Anyone know why I've started to get all this gobbledygook on my OSF emails?

Help needed with forum tech - Page 9 Ur08q3H

226Help needed with forum tech - Page 9 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:03 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I don't know what this is, Alex. The coding looks scary and I don't know what is behind it, but noreply@forumotion.com generates legitimate info emails for members, showcasing trending threads (many of them your own). The last two I have (unless I've erased some) are from January 31 and January 17. When in doubt, don't click on a link.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum