OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Help needed with forum tech

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 9]

221Help needed with forum tech - Page 10 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:04 pm

shovelchop81

davidd wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:AAARGH!! It's doing that thing again! Not showing pics and asking me if I'm spam just like it did on my Sharpe/Loup WIP thread...

If you look at the post in question, you will see that the closing image tag [ /img ] has become incorporated in to the URL (web page link). You can tell because the first image tag is black like it is supposed to be, but the second /img tag is blue and underlined.

You need to manually separate the /img tag from the image link.

To do this: go in to "Edit."

Highlight just the [ /img ] part of the tag. Delete it. Then retype it.

Thanks! What a pain in the arse though! I wonder why it does it?

222Help needed with forum tech - Page 10 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:12 pm

shovelchop81

davidd wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:AAARGH!! It's doing that thing again! Not showing pics and asking me if I'm spam just like it did on my Sharpe/Loup WIP thread...

If you look at the post in question, you will see that the closing image tag [ /img ] has become incorporated in to the URL (web page link). You can tell because the first image tag is black like it is supposed to be, but the second /img tag is blue and underlined.

You need to manually separate the /img tag from the image link.

To do this: go in to "Edit."

Highlight just the [ /img ] part of the tag. Delete it. Then retype it.

Doesn't work mate, just tried it, it's still checking me for being spam by asking me to click on the 'save' button after I submit any edit to the post and did that the first time too. The pictures show in the alternate edit format/option and in the preview too, very odd!

223Help needed with forum tech - Page 10 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:14 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Thanks for helping, Dave. I will try to have a look and see what can be done. Alex, I don't know why it does it in the first place. Remember, when trying to edit, there are two different editor modes you can use, and you can toggle between them by hitting that last button above the text input box, which looks like a little piece of paper with a curled top right corner and rows of text on it. One mode shows you the code, the other shows you a regular preview.

EDIT: I posted in the relevant thread, but I've been unable to fix it the way we did it last time. Any ideas, Dave?

EDIT 2: I posted Alex's long post in three separate portions and without any special editing they displayed fine. The second, middle portion, with 18 photos, still triggered the anti-spam prompt but after clicking on the "save" button as prompted, the photos displayed correctly in the post. I don't know if we can figure out a better workaround, but apparently somewhere between 8 and 18 Imgur photolink, Forumotion's software thinks that there is a spam risk, and above an unknown number (above 18) it displays them as links rather than photos.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

224Help needed with forum tech - Page 10 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:02 am

shovelchop81

GubernatorFan wrote:Thanks for helping, Dave. I will try to have a look and see what can be done. Alex, I don't know why it does it in the first place. Remember, when trying to edit, there are two different editor modes you can use, and you can toggle between them by hitting that last button above the text input box, which looks like a little piece of paper with a curled top right corner and rows of text on it. One mode shows you the code, the other shows you a regular preview.

EDIT: I posted in the relevant thread, but I've been unable to fix it the way we did it last time. Any ideas, Dave?

EDIT 2: I posted Alex's long post in three separate portions and without any special editing they displayed fine. The second, middle portion, with 18 photos, still triggered the anti-spam prompt but after clicking on the "save" button as prompted, the photos displayed correctly in the post. I don't know if we can figure out a better workaround, but apparently somewhere between 8 and 18 Imgur photolink, Forumotion's software thinks that there is a spam risk, and above an unknown number (above 18) it displays them as links rather than photos.

Thanks Ian! I'd given up and gone to bed! LOL. Very interesting to get picture allowance numbers too since I seem to be a postapicaholic!! lol!

225Help needed with forum tech - Page 10 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:42 pm

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Anyone know why I've started to get all this gobbledygook on my OSF emails?

Help needed with forum tech - Page 10 Ur08q3H

226Help needed with forum tech - Page 10 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:03 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I don't know what this is, Alex. The coding looks scary and I don't know what is behind it, but noreply@forumotion.com generates legitimate info emails for members, showcasing trending threads (many of them your own). The last two I have (unless I've erased some) are from January 31 and January 17. When in doubt, don't click on a link.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum