OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Customizers and Kitbashers: What are you currently working on?

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
See title. Curious to know what folks have planned.

I’m currently working on multiple projects at once (as usual). I’ve been gathering parts for a couple Mini-Me’s: Darth Stryker (inspired by the Guv), me in my younger days as a private security contractor — along with a “representation” of my partner, and a client — and a version of my wife and I from a fantasy story I wrote for her as a wedding present. (Work on the custom head sculpt for my wife’s Mini-Me’s hasn’t started yet, though).

Also working on finishing up my Wizard of Oz characters; Logan (Michael York) & Jessica (Jenny Agutter) from Logan’s Run; Taylor and Nova from Planet of the Apes — which I’ve been working toward for years now; Eggsy from Kingsman; with the Kier head sculpt and body (TBLeague) I bought loose I’m planning to make a random Sith; have a custom, poseable, Gamorrean Guard that I need to paint up and finish the outfit for — going into the Jabba display.

So, what is everyone working on...?

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Customizers and Kitbashers: What are you currently working on? C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Nice idea for a thread, Stryker. I'm really looking forward to seeing ALL those things you are working on. Especially your mini-me's and those Logan's Run figures! Very Happy

I'm still plodding away at my Clone Wars line-up. Over the summer I was distracted from 1/6 stuff due to the house move, so several of my WIPs haven't progressed as much as I would have liked, but I finally got back to work on a few figures over the last couple of months. Mainly practicing with the oil pastel 'painting' for eventual sw aliens -- certain experiments worked better than others, but I've at least made some progress there. Sadly, one figure that I'd considered 'finished' ended up getting damaged during the move, though I didn't realize until recently when I opened the box to get it out, so I've added that one back to the list of WIPs as I've got to fix it now...or I may just remake the whole thing at this rate. Sad

On a positive note, the Flagset headsculpt I've been waiting months for has finally arrived, and it seems like it's going to work for Ventress. Will take a bit more modding than I'd originally thought, but otherwise the actual features seem to be perfect. Smile 

I've also got a Prequels-related WIP which I've had in the works for a loooong time and which I hope to finish by some point early in the new year... fingers crossed. : )

Sorry I can't be more specific.... I don't like to reveal too many details as then I feel too much pressure. Though you can prob guess most of what I'm working on from what I've mentioned previously. ;p

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Some really interesting things will be coming up judging by  what has been posted thus far.

For me I might wrap up my fantasy figures soon, just one more to go. I have some ideas for a few star wars based figures including either one or two based around the new movies. I also started out sketching a few ideas for backdrops, so far I'm inclined to start working on a desert / arid themed backdrop and floor so I can take photos without the beige cloth backdrop.  There's also a few figures that I had made a long time ago that I also plan on going back and changing or fixing up certain things so they look better.

I also had a few ideas for some "what if" history but I'm not yet sure what time period to set it on. It would based around PR, right now I'm of setting it either in the 1930's with a collapsing US due to the great depression or around the 1940's with a weak or weakened US. Alternatively I might go all the way back to 1898 and just make a Soldier of the Republic of PR, could be fun, I don't know how they would dress or anything but I think it would be cool. We shall see if this idea goes anywhere since the ones I've made don't end up lasting too long.🤷‍�
Also and before I forget, I'll keep posting those figures that I had finished a long time ago unless they don't look right anymore and trust me, there are some that after all the years/months that have passed DO NOT look good at all. 😱

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Customizers and Kitbashers: What are you currently working on? 1f60e

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm afraid I've been stuck in a rut and distracted by 1:1 life. There's the Roman horse for my KP auxiliary cavalryman, a Chinese empress, and the next installment of New Action Hero Revealed? (AKA Fireman Chad), all of them started, none of them completed... More likely than not I'll end up re-hairing some other head before I get anywhere farther with any of these.

henchman21

henchman21
After two years of not even looking at my box oWIP's (divorce and living with a buddy, I haven't touched anything til recently..currently trying to bash something out of a busted McFarlane APU..
Customizers and Kitbashers: What are you currently working on? Ville-ericsson-hunter-front
From the game Generation Zero, a Hunter machine

dadrab

dadrab
Customizers and Kitbashers: What are you currently working on? 15eee28b22047ead1fb3844994efdefe

Joe Friday

Joe Friday
Stryker, maybe I missed it but who is making the custom sculpts? I've often thought about getting custom sculpts made but I could only imagine the costs involved!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Joe Friday wrote:Stryker, maybe I missed it but who is making the custom sculpts? I've often thought about getting custom sculpts made but I could only imagine the costs involved!

http://customonesixth.com/index.php

You can find (with a lot of searching) sculptors here (and yes, the cost is ungodly expensive). With it looking like Peter the Painter is out of the game (hope he’s okay, and just retired) — he was the last of the affordable sculptors out there. If you get in on a group project, the cost is considerably less, than if you try to do a one-off commission. A lot of the folks on that board aren’t interested in one-offs — unless it’s something they think they can make even more money on; if they are willing to do one-offs, be prepared — the price is going to be scary high (because you will be paying for all casting materials, the resin, the artist’s time, etc.)

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for that link, Stryker. I’m gutted I seem to have missed the chance to own a unique piece by Peter the Painter — I’d hoped to do so someday. But I appreciate knowing about others out there, even if they are likely out of my price range atm. There are a couple future ‘grail’ figures that will require custom headsculpts, so it’s something I’ve been curious about as well.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
A lot of the sculptors even on that board are all on social media, so if you can find someone you’re interested in, you might have to contact them through their SM accounts.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That’s alright — while I’m not keen on FB as a place for discussion ( because it sucks for that Razz ) , I don’t mind using it to network , if and when necessary.

Ovy

Ovy
Well, nice idea, this thread is a good way to prepare for 2020 and reflect on 2019.

Stryker2011 wrote:
...Darth Stryker (inspired by the Guv)...
....me in my younger days as a private security contractor...
.... have a custom, poseable, Gamorrean Guard that I need to paint up and finish the outfit for..
So you decided for the autobiographical figure?Interesting
Darth Stryker will be fun I am sure!
And I guess the green Pigman won't be squishy, will you use the Big World Box body?

skywalkersaga wrote:....
On a positive note, the Flagset headsculpt I've been waiting months for has finally arrived, and it seems like it's going to work for Ventress. Will take a bit more modding than I'd originally thought, but otherwise the actual features seem to be perfect. Smile 
Cool, looking forward to your Ventress. She will be great, after all we've heard about her, nooo pressure! Razz
I faintly remember you were buying that sculpt, don't know where I read it. It's a bald female right? Did you acquire it separately? And did it cost much?

Theboo-bomb wrote:
Some really interesting things will be coming up judging by  what has been posted thus far.

For me I might wrap up my fantasy figures soon, just one more to go. I have some ideas for a few star wars based figures including either one or two based around the new movies. I also started out sketching a few ideas for backdrops, so far I'm inclined to start working on a desert / arid themed backdrop and floor so I can take photos without the beige cloth backdrop.  There's also a few figures that I had made a long time ago that I also plan on going back and changing or fixing up certain things so they look better.

I also had a few ideas for some "what if" history but I'm not yet sure what time period to set it on. It would based around PR, right now I'm of setting it either in the 1930's with a collapsing US due to the great depression or around the 1940's with a weak or weakened US. Alternatively I might go all the way back to 1898 and just make a Soldier of the Republic of PR, could be fun, I don't know how they would dress or anything but I think it would be cool. We shall see if this idea goes anywhere since the ones I've made don't end up lasting too long.🤷‍�
Also and before I forget, I'll keep posting those figures that I had finished a long time ago unless they don't look right anymore and trust me, there are some that after all the years/months that have passed DO NOT look good at all. 😱
Looking forward for the updates, the alternate history thing sounds interesting. Do you plan on creating a stylish divergence in technology too? Like...laser Puerto Ricans?

GubernatorFan wrote:I'm afraid I've been stuck in a rut and distracted by 1:1 life. There's the Roman horse for my KP auxiliary cavalryman, a Chinese empress, and the next installment of New Action Hero Revealed? (AKA Fireman Chad), all of them started, none of them completed... More likely than not I'll end up re-hairing some other head before I get anywhere farther with any of these.
I feel you. Really, three times when I did not know how to proceed, I just rooted heads, because it's a rather meditative, straight forward task now.

My projects are mainly my Post-Apocalyptic stuff:

-Mediterrans: 4/6 figures quite finished. A lot to do for the chieftain still, Roqi is coming along. I might make an Iron throne maybe. Shell throne, I mean.
Forest guys: base clothing has to be finished, equipment like arrows and staffs and jewelry is WIP.
For the future maybe another male and a child
And they still need dogs/neo-wolves
- Mirror guys...one headpainting, leather shoes and armor, Mirror plating, helmets/masks...a lot to do.
-North Africans: only one figure at the momemt, a lot of beadwork to do + ritual weapon
- Rainbow colored songbird people (not their actual name) WIP pretty advanced, will post in January
- Secret shell/cargo based British person, WIP advanced, will post in January
-...design all their bases
-maybe I will make 2-3 Sci-Fi figures with SPACE ARMOR in 2020. 2020 is quite the spacy sounding year.

Sorry for any typos or nonsense, haven't slept for 24+ hours xD

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ovy: Yes on the autobiographical figure, though still wondering how much I should actually show (other than just a dressed up figure) — folks might have a hard time wrapping their minds around what people (me specifically) have/had to do in that line of work.

Darth Stryker is mostly done already, I just have to finish repainting the hair on the head sculpt.

The Gamorrean Guard has a completely new body (made by Son of Dengar over at the Freaks); it has an underlying body covered in materials to make him bulky and fat, but still posable, and it’s already painted green (I think it’s latex covered newspaper wadding, or something like that — sort of irregularly lumpy and ugly, but I think it will work). I have to paint all the extra parts, head, hands, feet, armor bits and weapons; I have some clothing bits from a parted out Gartog, but I need to make his fur skirt(?)/underpants.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Theboobomb -- aww, don't worry about 'old' figures, if you want to share them, go ahead. Smile 

GF -- as I'm sure is no surprise, I'm very excited to see your Roman horse, though of course, no rush. :') 

Stryker -- I suppose as long as you do the whole 'names and dates have been changed' thing for a bit of anonymity, it would be ok...  ;D

Ovy -- You've certainly got a LOT going on with all those projects! Very much looking forward to seeing all of those groups completed. And some sci-fi space armour sounds great... if you figure out good ways to make that kind of thing, do share. Would save me having to purchase over-priced old Sideshow figures just to make more TCW characters. ;p 

And LOL, I almost WISH I had not mentioned Ventress on this forum yet, as I truly hate feeling under pressure to 'perform' [and please don't expect anything mind-blowing from this figure, it may turn out terrible Razz ] but it was unavoidable when I was seeking out bald headsculpts. I had actually originally wanted to commission a Ventress head from Peter the Painter, but had hesitated since I hadn't figured out how to do the body for her yet. And of course, now I've missed my chance. Sad But at least I did eventually find something else to use... 

Speaking of, I've sent you a PM about the Flagset headsculpt in question. Wink

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
Me a bit random, currently still "finalizing" some equipment for my latest men's line:

Customizers and Kitbashers: What are you currently working on? Dscf2820

I am still thinking to make him a mercenary/survivor/finding daughter-man:lol: /killer or something wild character for him, but so far some of my friends just suggested him as a survivor like "Walking Dead" theme.....not yet decide.

Customizers and Kitbashers: What are you currently working on? Dscf2821

And recently I am so happy to finally get Tom Hanks head which looks great on overall quality, even I still think the head is kind of too "young" for a man like this, but I can post-process it, no matter....

I am now thinking to make him a DEA agent or FBI agent, because of both of them are so near but also far from what are they doing....(based on what I read on Wiki) Laughing and doing agent with proper equipment is a tough R&D job.....

Customizers and Kitbashers: What are you currently working on? Dscf2822

And lastly I still looking a better character for this 78058.....with such iconic expression, I decided to buy him a mid-finger wrist for him first, before I even thinking what he supposed to be.... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing could be a bad guy, I think....or just a man with not so obey..... Twisted Evil

So far these are my list to be completed

https://www.deviantart.com/lawlaw91

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Ovy wrote:
Looking forward for the updates, the alternate history thing sounds interesting. Do you plan on creating a stylish divergence in technology too? Like...laser Puerto Ricans?

The alt history thing gives quite a few alternatives when it comes to paths I could take. I don't think there would be any divergence in technology, specially not towards laser Puerto Ricans, that would probably come as an effect of the BONUS reactor blowing up or something (I'm serious about BONUS) 😂

skywalkersaga wrote:Theboobomb -- aww, don't worry about 'old' figures, if you want to share them, go ahead. Smile 

I could show the before and after, like one of those TLC shows or something. 🤑

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Customizers and Kitbashers: What are you currently working on? 1f60e

Valiarde

Valiarde
1. Over the last few weeks I ordered several spare parts off ebay and trying to bash some special warriors. In my vision they are a mix of knights and postapocalyptic survivors as I'm a big fan of both themes. Sword, Magic, Electricity and Rifles. Something like this. Maybe around 1800.
But other than some concept art in my head and theordered parts I have not started it.

2. Trying to make a shelf at home with good led light and if that is set I will try to build some Bases and backdrop stuff for my figures. ATM I like doing landscape stuff more than actual bashing my figures.

3. Some different characters like a sorcerer is on my plan, already asked a friend to sew me an outfit,

4. I have some plans of two different scenes I want to build using 2K Epoxy water...

So not much actual working right now and more idea gathering and collecting...until I find the motivation to start working Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Those are all very exciting sounding projects, Valiarde! Looking forward to seeing how these come together. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Darth Stryker is done, I think.

Breakdown:
Easy&Simple HS (repainted a bit) that my wife claims looks like a much (MUCH) younger me
Hot Toys Anakin Skywalker clothes and body
  Bought an additional vambrace (as I never liked the idea of having baggy sleeves with blazing hot energy blades; had to cut the sleeves a bit to get the damn things to clothes properly; sold the original Anakin head and Jedi robe to skywalkersaga -- didn't like the over-sized robe, myself -- it always made him look like he was a little kid wearing his Dad's bathrobe.)
Hot Toys Count Dooku lightsaber
Hot Toys Darth Maul light up blade & electronic arm (wanted him to have two red-colored light saber weapons, as the bad guys are always the coolest characters -- though it's not turned on right now; getting those damn vambraces to close, especially over the electronic Maul arm is a pain.)

Very hard to pose this figure with the lousy one-piece boots -- very wobbly, and most of the time he's on a stand.

Anyway... apologies for the crappy phone pics.

Customizers and Kitbashers: What are you currently working on? Img_8211
Customizers and Kitbashers: What are you currently working on? Img_8212

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
He [you?!] looks great! Nice to see what you ended up doing with that HT Anakin...though I sort of guessed it might be for this. Is he going to hang out in Jabba's palace? Wink 

And it's funny you mention the extra arm brace... in the Clone Wars CGI animated series, Anakin wears just that, braces/armour on both arms. So, for me, it works perfectly. Very Happy

ETA: Meant to say I do feel your pain on the boots, though I don't think it's JUST the boots that are the issue -- the HT body itself is also really annoying to pose. I say this because I have these same boots on, believe or not, a figure that is kitbashed onto a Coomodel body, and that one stands on its own just fine.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks, Sky. He might hang out in Jabba’s palace, not sure yet. Yeah, the ankles on that HT body aren’t the greatest — you’d think with the fairly stiff boots, he’d be able to hold up, but... nope.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Darth Stryker looks striking and knows how to strike a pose Smile Sorry, I couldn't resist. But, seriously, well done. A clean but totally appropriate look. Now I expect a sci fi rendition of your Lady Wife with her hair in buns. Smile Either way, he deserves to be given a little back story and a showing in his own thread.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:Darth Stryker looks striking and knows how to strike a pose Smile Sorry, I couldn't resist. But, seriously, well done. A clean but totally appropriate look. Now I expect a sci fi rendition of your Lady Wife with her hair in buns. Smile Either way, he deserves to be given a little back story and a showing in his own thread.

Haha. Thanks. And, yes, making a wife companion is definitely on my list.

MerylAkiba

These are all really great projects. Mine is going to be a bit more research and analysis, its a whole laundry list

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote: Yeah, the ankles on that HT body aren’t the greatest — you’d think with the fairly stiff boots, he’d be able to hold up, but... nope.

Indeed. For HT prices, it's especially frustrating. I recently 'officially' unboxed my HT Anakin -- I'd taken him out previously, but always put him back in the box -- and when I went to do a photoshoot with him, I kept getting super annoyed while attempting to pose him for the same reasons. Weirdly stiff joints and also the ankles not working well with those boots. He kept falling over. For those pics with the Snowbunny Padme, I had to lean him against the backdrop to keep him from toppling. Kind of ironic that my kitbashed versions of him pose better than the official figure. Rolling Eyes  I'm still Mad over it. 

But anyhoo, I love your Darth Mini-Me and can't wait to see your wife's SW persona. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum