OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sideshow Magneto upgraded by AFM with a story to tell.

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

skywalkersaga

Thanks for posting the link to the parted out heads, AFM -- I hadn't realized the head under the helmet was a separate piece. I've actually been looking for a bald male head that will work for a larger body for a while now, so that was really good to know! Smile

Ovy

Nice, you could add little neodymium magnets to his fingertips.^^

actionfiguremovies2

Theboo-bomb wrote:He looks pretty good, I've always liked Magneto.

Yeah me too. I have 3 of them. Medicom RAH, First Movie Magneto, Now this one. I was amazed the Medicom Magneto didn't break when I filmed me movie. He's still whole. Thinking about re purposing the movie one.
This will be the one that shows up in future stop-motion projects for sure.

skywalkersaga wrote:Thanks for posting the link to the parted out heads, AFM -- I hadn't realized the head under the helmet was a separate piece. I've actually been looking for a bald male head that will work for a larger body for a while now, so that was really good to know! Smile

Glad that worked fore you. Looking forward to see what you do. Keep the inspiration going.
Ovy wrote:Nice, you could add little to his fingertips.^^
I could do that but I have found it better to use a computer when doing SFX. Less hassle. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Allotropos

awesome stuff !
Been meaning to swap out the body too and now thanks to you, I know it looks great !
Are you using a M34 ?

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Allotropos wrote:awesome stuff !
Been meaning to swap out the body too and now thanks to you, I know it looks great !
Are you using a M34 ?

I believe it is. I used the Alexander the great which i think is the M34. The leg on the custom went on fine, but I would use corn starch or powder on the arms. I didn't use either and it was hard to get the arm in without it.

Also you will have to make the ankle pegs thicker. i used black electrical tape. About 3 to 4 layers using 3 crisscross pattern then one wrap around the whole ankle peg.

wildming

Nice custom AFM, how can you replace the body, can you show me the details, for eg, how can take out purple armor from the chest, it looks stick to the suit. Thanks for you help.

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
wildming wrote:Nice custom AFM, how can you replace the body, can you show me the details, for eg, how can take out purple armor from the chest, it looks stick to the suit. Thanks for you help.

The armor came off pretty easily. There is a seam that run along the waist. Split that and the suit will come off pretty easily. I put the legs in the suit first and stretched the top over the upper torso. Sew the waist seam and that's it. You can put powder or cornstarch on the boy to get the suit on easier. I put the armor back on with a few drops of hot glue on each corner in the from. Hope that helps.

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Top notch figure and costume!

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Pontiacivan wrote:Top notch figure and costume!

Thanks brother. Very Happy

Izuno

Wow this looks great, recently picked him up and want to do the same but nervous. How do you remove the cape collar piece? Is it screwed in? Don’t want to damage the fabric removing it

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
The cape and collar are glue lightly. Mine came apart easily.

Izuno

Thanks for the quick reply, was it screwed in? How did you go about removing it?

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Izuno wrote:Thanks for the quick reply, was it screwed in? How did you go about removing it?
Ne screws on mine at all. Cut the seam around the waist. Then take off pants and shirt. It's not hard at all. Let me know if you need any more help my friend.

Izuno

actionfiguremovies2 wrote:
Izuno wrote:Thanks for the quick reply, was it screwed in? How did you go about removing it?
Ne screws on mine at all. Cut the seam around the waist. Then take off pants and shirt. It's not hard at all. Let me know if you need any more help my friend.

Thank you for the help, in the pic of the old body you posted it looks like there’s a small hole in the chest that’s why I thought there was screws holding the neck/collar piece on. Going to try upgrading the body this weekend really appreciate your help.

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Izuno wrote:
actionfiguremovies2 wrote:

Thank you for the help, in the pic of the old body you posted it looks like there’s a small hole in the chest that’s why I thought there was screws holding the neck/collar piece on. Going to try upgrading the body this weekend really appreciate your help.

Just double checked and there is not screw. I did have to hot glue the collar down once I did the body swap to get it to sit right/down flat.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum