OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Magneto

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Magneto Empty Magneto Thu May 20, 2021 2:33 am

Allotropos

Allotropos
Hi all,
It's been a while since I've actually shared anything on here so forgive me if I'm a bit out of practice.
Here's a project I worked on a while back but did not have the time to share until now.
Sideshow Magneto replaced with a seamless body on top of a custom base I built from scratch.
Magneto ES7VCwn
Magneto IKoOC5x
Magneto PDY2zIj
Magneto RdnEG1G
Magneto GPNs8P8
Magneto WgOeWzd
Magneto 2CdIHfS
Magneto Tn9Oxoa

WIP
Fused the pose i needed on the skeleton, added claws and painted silver
Magneto 1jAJQ13

Reference picture that inspired me
Magneto PaWgvHZ

Thanks all folks thanks for dropping by !

2Magneto Empty Re: Magneto Thu May 20, 2021 2:43 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
yeah love it. I'm a sucker for bases and Dios that enhance the figures greatly. Impressive pose make him look like a badass char (which he is) Smile

3Magneto Empty Re: Magneto Thu May 20, 2021 3:18 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow, awesome work! That is an extremely detailed base. The adamantium (?) skeleton being twisted and manipulated by him is such a macabre detail. This must have taken quite a while to put together!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

4Magneto Empty Re: Magneto Thu May 20, 2021 3:23 am

Allotropos

Allotropos
Valiarde wrote:yeah love it. I'm a sucker for bases and Dios that enhance the figures greatly. Impressive pose make him look like a badass char (which he is)  Smile

skywalkersaga wrote:Wow, awesome work! That is an extremely detailed base. The adamantium (?) skeleton being twisted and manipulated by him is such a macabre detail. This must have taken quite a while to put together!

Thanks Valiarde, skywalkersage and yes - it took a while to shape the diorama and figure out the placement of things.
Mags is such a badass it would not do him justice to not create something to show that !

5Magneto Empty Re: Magneto Thu May 20, 2021 11:24 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The body swap is very cool to begin with, but that base is a work of art and chaotic creativity. Beautifully done and nice to see you back.

6Magneto Empty Re: Magneto Thu May 20, 2021 12:18 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
That’s an amazing accomplishment. I’m new to contemporary 1/6, but I can tell you that in the 1/12 world, classic Magneto has been a never-ending source of frustration in spite of receiving multiple figures from multiple companies. Every one of them gets some things right and some things wrong. They’ve gotten close a few times on briefly lived contemporary looks, but not with the classic. You certainly did it here in 1/6. I think Hasbro needs to hire you as a consultant!

7Magneto Empty Re: Magneto Thu May 20, 2021 1:15 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
This is a fantastic Sculpture of all the parts You used that for. It shows the rise of magneto and the end of Wolverine ? That super vallian basterd extract the adamantium skeleton out of his body ? Dam that´s really mean. You made a amazing scene ! littel details like the movement in Wolverines dog tag give live into it.

8Magneto Empty Re: Magneto Thu May 20, 2021 3:19 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That’s pretty slick. Love Wolvie’s skeleton — that is such a neat idea. So many great details.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Magneto C8485110

9Magneto Empty Re: Magneto Thu May 20, 2021 3:32 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Well, who wants to live forever! That poor guy, in another post here he was shot by a lot of arrows. So beautiful, I kinda like Magneto. And they didn't bring A WOODEN GUN.

I have to ask, did you use real magnets somewhere in there?

10Magneto Empty Re: Magneto Thu May 20, 2021 6:07 pm

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Whoa, such awesomeness all in one shot/pose!! I remember running across the Magneto figure a while back and thought it was pretty flawless, but upgrading with a TBLeague body just takes it to a whole other level, per usual. That base is phenomenal, love all the gritty details and muted carnage in contrast to Magneto in all of his pristine glory - he really does look like a vengeful God!

11Magneto Empty Re: Magneto Fri May 21, 2021 7:16 am

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
Hey Allotropos, good to see you back, always good to see some "old-timers" like me posting again!  pirat

That base is awesome, totally makes a somewhat bland looking character (IMO only, don't flame me! tongue ) into the magical superhero he is. Also, great placement of support post and diorama structuring to help with the illusion of floating and movement. Great job!

12Magneto Empty Re: Magneto Fri May 21, 2021 6:59 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
That's an awesome base for Magneto, the details on it are spectacular.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Magneto 1f60e

13Magneto Empty Re: Magneto Fri May 21, 2021 8:40 pm

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
That custom base really pulls it all together. You did an awesome job buddy.

14Magneto Empty Re: Magneto Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:46 pm

Izuno

Wow this looks amazing, was the cape collar piece hard to remove? Thinking of doing the same with mine, just don’t want to damage the fabric trying to remove it

15Magneto Empty Re: Magneto Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:32 am

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Oh how could I have missed this!
Fantastic work on the figure and dio especially the floating dog tag.
Poor poor Logan...

16Magneto Empty Re: Magneto Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:15 am

blackpool

blackpool
That diorama base looks freakin fantastic!!! I love all the references both to the comics and movies, that adamantium skeleton is awesome!!!

Great upgrade on the sideshow Magnus as well, those seamless bodies really take any figure to the next level!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum